Sign in to follow this  
tony hardware

Does 5 blades really make a difference? Gillette Fusion razor

I'm a Mach 3 man, always will be. Does anyone find 5 blades on the Fusion really makes that big a difference?

Sucks, hair gets stuck between the blades and you can't get it out.

Mach 3 :bandana:

Sucks, hair gets stuck between the blades and you can't get it out.

Mach 3 :(

and hair doesn't get stuck between the 3 blades? :(

and hair doesn't get stuck between the 3 blades? :(

Sure it does but the blades are not so close together so you can rinse them out.

I use the Fusion Power and I find that it does make a difference. I have a heavy beard, especially if I haven't shaved for a few days (like over the weekend.) The extra blades makes it go over my face my smoother...usually I don't even have to take a second swipe at the same area....it gets it all in one shot.

I'm a Mach 3 man, always will be. Does anyone find 5 blades on the Fusion really makes that big a difference?

I'm with you. the Mach 3 was a quantum leap forward in facial hair management. Anything after that is just marketing.

Still, nothing beats a straight razor in the hands of trained professional. Too bad AIDS has pretty much eliminated any new licenses for that. You got to find yerself an old-school dude who's been grandfathered in. :P

I'm using the Mach 5 because I had a coupon for it. Nothing else. That said, its the best shave I ever had. But when I see that the refills are $28 for a pack of five, it'll be back to the ol' 3 blade razor.

I used to be pretty loyal to the Mach 3, but then I used the Schick Quattro and I was impressed. I get a better shave and the blades don't dull as quickly.

I switched from the Mach 3 to the Mach 5 Power earlier this year and won't be going back. I like the 3, but I think the 5 gives me a smoother shave. As far as $$, the blades ususally last me 4-6 weeks, so it's not that hard on the wallet. Even after a couple of weeks, the blades may not give quite as close a shave, but I never get that razor burn feeling I used to with other razors when the blades were old. I also found that shaving in the shower gives a closer shave.

no.

I love the Fusion...but refuse to pay that much of a difference for a razor so I stick with the Mach 3 for the most part.

But, despite some of the comments here, it is not just marketing...that Fusion rocks...but does not justify the price difference IMO.

I'm using the Mach 5 because I had a coupon for it. Nothing else. That said, its the best shave I ever had. But when I see that the refills are $28 for a pack of five, it'll be back to the ol' 3 blade razor.

what's wrong with $28

I use one razor for about 4 - 5 weeks before I throw it out. That's about 5 months for me, well worth it.

what's wrong with $28

I use one razor for about 4 - 5 weeks before I throw it out. That's about 5 months for me, well worth it.

Not all of us are shaving peach fuzz...some of us grow real facial hair that does a bit more wear and tear on a blade.

I shave my head and 3 blades is just right.

4 or 5 blades in the same space as 3 is too close together and clogs more often :huh:

The Fusion is the greatest invention to mankind and I highly recommend it's use to everyone. :wall:

I got a free one in the mail yesterday.

Not all of us are shaving peach fuzz...some of us grow real facial hair that does a bit more wear and tear on a blade.

Well, that's really the heart of the matter.

Do the 5 blades make a difference? Yes.

Does every guy need it? No.

I have a heavy beard that grows in every direction and my face irritates easily from shaving, so for me it is worth it. Sure, the blades are more expensive than the 3 blade versions, but it's my focking face, so if I have to spend an extra dollar a day to have a fresh 5 blade shave every other day, then that's what I'm gonna' do.

I think that's the one I just got sent in the mail. It was some 5-blader thing.

I never thought there was anything better than 2 blades, then I got a 3-blader in the mail (Mach 3 maybe?). Been using that for a while.

I still don't change the blades very often though.

I have tried them both on my pubes but it seems like no matter how hard I try I end up slicing my scrotum open. So far I like the MACH 3 the best. Anyone else slice there Scrot Bag open :doublethumbsup:

I have tried them both on my pubes but it seems like no matter how hard I try I end up slicing my scrotum open. So far I like the MACH 3 the best. Anyone else slice there Scrot Bag open :dunno:

I use my stash clippers for this operation...no slicing, plus it vibrates. :doublethumbsup:

I have tried them both on my pubes but it seems like no matter how hard I try I end up slicing my scrotum open. So far I like the MACH 3 the best. Anyone else slice there Scrot Bag open :doublethumbsup:

I went electric down there. The bodygroom roxor.

I've got the smoothest sack you've EVAH seen.

I went electric down there. The bodygroom roxor.

I've got the smoothest sack you've EVAH seen.

You guys are great. I was expecting someone to call me a ###### or homo and I find out you guys are just like me(humor wise). I was never one not to admit something I have done. I have slept with a fat chick, and yes I shaved my hairy sack. I think I have found a new home on this board. We just met so I wont send any pics of my torn scrot just yet. I am not easy. Hairy, Torn, Scrot pics are more of a second date thing. :banana:

Fock off. Seriously. Fock off :dunno: :mad:

A little Bipolar are we today. Me too. Hey domehead fock off