Sign in to follow this  
piece of work

Commissioner Rule that is unbelievable !

I for one do not care about tie's in ffootball but 8 of the 12 in our league voted.....no more ties. So in order to keep from having ties it goes like this on rules.

1. Obviously points .... results were a tie

2. Pick three teams to win each week. One picked Cowboys, Denver, and San Diego, the other picked cowboys, norleans, and Denver.

We still have a tie. In our rules it states the 3rd tiebreaker rule is........

3. A 50 METER SACK RACE AFTER EACH PERSON DOWNS A 6 PACK IN 30 MINUTES..........I cant wait for this. One guy is thinking about passing on the challenge but we are saying NO SIR.....you wanted NO TIES...

any of yall done or thought about these crazy rules to spice it up??

HA HA.........should be interesting :thumbsdown:

3. A 50 METER SACK RACE AFTER EACH PERSON DOWNS A 6 PACK IN 30 MINUTES

The sad thing is that this is actually fairer than the current NFL overtime rules...and would probably make for better TV.

while entirely amusing, these are the most retarded tiebreakers I've ever seen.

for one, to help eliminate ties, the 1st thing to do is go with DECIMAL SCORING. Take it to 2 digits.

You will probably never see a tie again. Ever. And to help that along, instead of 1/10, go with .1/1 - that way a 19 yard run is 1.9

We applied this in my league years ago and haven't had a tie since.

Points total is the 1st tiebreaker

if by some miracle there's a 2 decimal tie and both teams have the same total points, then it's head to head record.

And if they've never played each other and there's a tie to two decimals, then the commish flips a coin (which everyone preferred to having bench points count for anything)

But like I said - going with decimal scoring eliminated ties anyway - why would anyone not use it? :pointstosky:

Admittedly, the sack race is hillarious and would likely be great fun for the rest of the league to watch, but to actually vote this in as a rule means your entire league is retarded.

hth

i like it. ff is supposed to be fun and the sack race evens things up somewhat btw the in-shape and out-of-shape guys.

what kind of sacks are you using?

if by some miracle there's a 2 decimal tie and both teams have the same total points, then it's head to head record.

Why on earth should previous performance decide who wins this matchup?

I've never understood what Americans have against ties anyway. You guys must hate football.

Or soccer.

The 2 leagues that I run use decimal scoring and we have NEVER had a tie, and it has been years. A league that I am in has a tie breaker where each team chooses one of their bench guys and that score will be used as a tie break.

This is one of the better tiebreakers I've seen.

It's retarded and has nothing to do with football, but I like it. :dunno:

i like it. ff is supposed to be fun and the sack race evens things up somewhat btw the in-shape and out-of-shape guys.

Nut

Good old fashioned large burlap sacks....one guy is 6'1 255 lifts weights for exercise....no cardio he is the favorite. The other is 5'8 225....cop who loves donuts.....He claims he gets in chases with crooks and can hang for 50meters. (i say no way with short legs and burlap sack).

We have 10 of the 12 coming to this event.... :lol:

Brilliant! Our methods for resolving ties is far more mundane. First we name an alternate player each week. If they tie, then we total all the benched players. After that we just leave it, but we haven't had a tie for as long as I've been in the league.

We use the home and away system...You play each time twice, until the playoffs, and one time you are home and the next time you play each other you are away. The home team has the advantage and is the winner in a tie situation.

What's the big deal with ties that so many feel they have to be eliminated? :banana:

Dude.. that is awesome. If we had that rule, I'd be hoping for teams to tie every week. I would scrap the picking three teams thing and go straight to the Booze-sack dash.

What's the big deal with ties that so many feel they have to be eliminated? :dunno:

I know. There's this whole gap between "win" and "lose" that seems to get everyone so confused.

Our league has this rule whereby if you don't score more FF points than the other guy and don't score fewer, then you tied and get half a point each. It seems to work for us... :doublethumbsup:

We've had three ties in the last six years, and they haven't caused any problems.

But seriously, it seems to me like all US sports have tiebreakers - OT in Football, OT and shootouts in Hockey, even penalty shootouts after every drawn soccer game. Tiebreakers are essential in knockout competitions but distort things in league systems (I'd rank a team that won 15 games and lost 1 over a team that won 8 games and tied another 8, but happened to outlast the opponents in overtime).

It seems to us non-Americans that there's something in the American psyche that's all about winning and losing, winners and losers etc., such that a fair and honourable draw just isn't acceptable. Ah well.

I actually like ties, 1/2 game won, 1/2 game lost. Makes reg season playoff races more interesting. In the playoffs, we use fractional scoring. If we were to change, I would vote 1. fractional scoring 2. average of all bench players not on bye. Gives the edge to the owner with the better overall roster.

But, I have to admit, I would love to watch you tie-breaker in action. :doublethumbsup:

for one, to help eliminate ties, the 1st thing to do is go with DECIMAL SCORING. Take it to 2 digits.

You will probably never see a tie again. Ever.

Fractional scoring does not prevent ties. Oh, it lessens the chance, but it still happens.

http://futz.net/pics/view.php?image=%2Flatterdaysuicides.png

What's wrong with ties? We don't use fractional scoring and we've had 6 ties in 6 years, no big deal.

Dude.. that is awesome. If we had that rule, I'd be hoping for teams to tie every week. I would scrap the picking three teams thing and go straight to the Booze-sack dash.

You guys just made my day. I've been laughing out loud. We used to have indian leg wrestling as a tie breaker a few years ago, but this is much better.

Hell, I think I may have a drunken sack race this weekend just for the hell of it.

We all draft a college player on draft day.

His performance vs. your opponents performance depicts the tie breaker.

Then the following year, you have a +2 quid advantage to pick him up in the auction (assuming he goes pro)

I'm commisioner of my league and our scoring is in tenths.... 11 rushing yards is 1.1 points. We've never had a tie before.

That is a freakin awesome tie-breaker.

My money is on the taller guy.

PS - the people here who are bashing this are no better than the money hungry prima donna's that are in the NFL... it's supposed to be a game and a fun one at that.

You will probably never see a tie again. Ever. And to help that along, instead of 1/10, go with .1/1 - that way a 19 yard run is 1.9

And if they've never played each other and there's a tie to two decimals, then the commish flips a coin (which everyone preferred to having bench points count for anything)

But like I said - going with decimal scoring eliminated ties anyway - why would anyone not use it? :banana:

Admittedly, the sack race is hillarious and would likely be great fun for the rest of the league to watch, but to actually vote this in as a rule means your entire league is retarded.

hth

god you are a downer. end it already. :pointstosky:

sounds like a great idea, I may sugest it in my leauge

We used to have indian leg wrestling as a tie breaker a few years ago, but this is much better.

How PC is that? I think you need to change the name of that activity as to not offend any of the Native Americans that play fantasy football.

Our league has this rule whereby if you don't score more FF points than the other guy and don't score fewer, then you tied and get half a point each. It seems to work for us... :lol:

That is a great rule! :dunno: My league does the same thing.

Hell, I think I may have a drunken sack race this weekend just for the hell of it.

I think there should be a universal rule for all non auction style fantasy football leagues that draft order shall be determined by order of finish in a drunken sack race. The draft shall begin immediately upon completion of said sack race. I also would like to suggest that the sack race should be done on an obstacle course.

why not use reserve player points or else total yards from scrimmage from starting lineup?

3. A 50 METER SACK RACE AFTER EACH PERSON DOWNS A 6 PACK IN 30 MINUTES..........I cant wait for this. One guy is thinking about passing on the challenge but we are saying NO SIR.....you wanted NO TIES...

Which guy wanted to pass on the challenge, the cop or the weight lifter?

I think it's our 4th tie-breaker for playoff positioning: P e n i s length

So far haven't had to use it, though.

This is actually our first tiebreaker. I only show enough to get the win. :pointstosky:

LMFAO man, that's the best tie-breaker I have seen. lol

Be scary for the guys in my league though, we're all fat and out of shape now! lol :wub: :pointstosky:

I think it's pretty creative and funny! My league just uses points on the bench for the tie breaker. So, if my benched players for the week get more points than my opponent's, I win. Personally, I hate the idea of a decimal system for scoring. That just seems a bit much to me.

I think it's pretty creative and funny! My league just uses points on the bench for the tie breaker. So, if my benched players for the week get more points than my opponent's, I win. Personally, I hate the idea of a decimal system for scoring. That just seems a bit much to me.

Kristy, curious if you've ever used decimal scoring? I used to think the same way but ever since a couple of leagues I'm in switched to it, it really is the best system, IMO.

Fock you morons who think that's retarded!

I'm actually strongly considering eliminating decimal scoring and going DRUNKEN SACK RACE!!!

But like I said - going with decimal scoring eliminated ties anyway - why would anyone not use it? :unsure:

hth

SCOOTER! My words exactly. Retarded. Decimal scoring. Although we still had a tie after decimal scoring and went to bench points which is our second tie breaker.

SCOOTER! My words exactly. Retarded. Decimal scoring. Although we still had a tie after decimal scoring and went to bench points which is our second tie breaker.

And it's assbags like you and those with similar sentiments that are the reason so many leagues today aren't fun.

You guys are just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO focking professional. Tools.

Drunken Sack Race > Decimal Scoring System

Get used to it.

I think there should be a universal rule for all non auction style fantasy football leagues that draft order shall be determined by order of finish in a drunken sack race. The draft shall begin immediately upon completion of said sack race. I also would like to suggest that the sack race should be done on an obstacle course.

Can you imagine the conditioning it would take to get ready for a draft pick slection method of this nature?

I would have to at least twice a week go shotgun 6 beers then drunken sack race up and down the lawn to get ready so I would have #1 pick.

I like it. :banana:

Drunken sack race = :banana:

Best

Rule

Evah!!

This thread needs to be pinned. I think this rule could achieve revolutionary status in the Fantasy Football Community worldwide!

:huh: