Sign in to follow this  
PDrax

Manning is a

Manning always seems to be padding his stats.

How would you like to be an Addai or Rhodes owner with this guy throwing 2- 1 yard TDs and a 4 yard TD on 1st downs?

Obviously I am bitter as I am playing against him but really..any other team would have tried to punch it in, except for the stat padder.

He has been doing this for years so he can get his TD stats up. Never mind the three and four hundred yard games. He is no Montana or Young.

Maybe I will just draft him next year.. :wall:

Edit: Before saying I should draft him, or that I am a loser or any other idiotic comment, please read the above in it's entirety. It is supposed to be tongue in cheek and please note the last line.

At least he hasn't hung around the game for years after his prime to do it yet, ala Emmitt Smith and Brett Favre.

At least he hasn't hung around the game for years after his prime to do it yet, ala Emmitt Smith and Brett Favre.

all posts here deserve a :rolleyes:

First...he gets the job done...do you think he or Dungy really gives a damn how many TDs he throws or if Addai gets in? Its abotu scoring.

As for the Favre crap...yeah...thats why he stuck around for "years" after his prime... :rolleyes:

I'd love to be a Manning owner right now. Not only has he put up amazing stats, but you know he's got another 100 yards and a TD or 2 yet before this one is over.

As for the Favre crap...yeah...thats why he stuck around for "years" after his prime... :rolleyes:

Last year and this year makes 2 years, ya crybaby.

Of course the guy cares about stats more than winning and integrity - it's why he layed down for Strahan.

I'd love to be a Manning owner right now. Not only has he put up amazing stats, but you know he's got another 100 yards and a TD or 2 yet before this one is over.

Yup, manning owner here. :rolleyes:

I think the goal line throws suggest that the colts RB are pussies moreso than Manning...

Manning and Wayne are going to save my undefeated season with Holt, SJax, and Wilkins on bye. Here's hoping for an extra 100 and a score, preferrably to Wayne.

Manning may inflate his stats a bit, but I'll take 'em every week on my FFT.

Up by 19 points with less than half a quarter to go and still operating out of the shotgun. Wow.

up 33-14 and they go for 2 and now they're throwing screens and whatnot to reggie wayne

when the ACL tears start happening, no crying please :rolleyes:

(FYI not playing any colts this week)

The guy has played how many games in a row???? Oh yae since he was drafted and he took two tremendous hits today I thought he was out on both. This guy gets one ring and keeps playing and he will go down as the best QB in history. He is too tough to call him a wus. At least not to his 6'5 hulking face.

Every year I have been able to draft him I have. :rolleyes:

Of course the guy cares about stats more than winning and integrity - it's why he layed down for Strahan.

:rolleyes:

Yawn...more unsubstantiated BS as to why he stayed....nice try though.

3-5-WAS 29 (4:48) (Shotgun) P.Manning spiked the ball to stop the clock.

4-5-WAS 29 (4:45) A.Vinatieri 47 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith.

It used to be called "Going for the jugular."

Are you bored?

sad to say, Favre playing at 57 years old will still be better than any quarterback the Bears have ever had in their history.

Last game: Favre 20 points; shane grossman -7 :D

HTH!! :rolleyes:

3-5-WAS 29 (4:48) (Shotgun) P.Manning spiked the ball to stop the clock.

4-5-WAS 29 (4:45) A.Vinatieri 47 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith.

It used to be called "Going for the jugular."

Manning thought the refs whistled the play dead at the snap.

Are you bored?

sad to say, Favre playing at 57 years old will still be better than any quarterback the Bears have ever had in their history.

Last game: Favre 20 points; shane grossman -7 :D

HTH!! :cheers:

Man you Green Bay fans are sensetive. It's like an alarm is sounded in some barn up there every time there's a post criticizing Favre.

Grossman's rating > Favre's rating.

Grossman's TD's > Favre's TD's

Grossman's passing yards > Favre's passing yards.

Grossman's last game is like old hat for Brett. Been there, done that. Half a dozen times.

HTH.

:cheers:

And yes, I'm a tad bored

Grossman's last game is like old hat for Brett. Been there, done that. Half a dozen times.

I didn't realize that. :cheers:

I'm going to start calling him "shane favre" :cheers:

Manning owner here :cheers: . I was suprised to see them passing inside the 5, but, to his defense, they don't have much of a running game.

yea hes really proving to be past his prime this year....as he still put up numbers with coutless rookies.......watch once he retires after this year while most likely being 2-5 TDs behind Marino and 3-5 Wins behind him as well.....which he could easily come back and play a few games and get ALL TIME PASSING RECORDS....but he will most likely retire without given a crap....DOnt be bitter just because he owned the Bears for 95% of his career..... :cheers:

Up by 19 points with less than half a quarter to go and still operating out of the shotgun. Wow.

Here we go with the haters. Dude got bent in two then got dealt a serious Cobra Chai "sweep the knee"... and still pulled out an amazing win against a fired up Redskins team with a running game that couldn't break the goalline if it were made out of toothpicks... and ya hate on him.

Up 19? Have you SEEN the injuries to the Colts defense? No lead is safe when your defense is being held together by string and tape and chewing gum.

Thanks for starting the "who's a know-nothing hater" thread for us. I'll be sure to keep track of who's who.

Losers. :doublethumbsup:

Here we go with the haters. Dude got bent in two then got dealt a serious Cobra Chai "sweep the knee"... and still pulled out an amazing win against a fired up Redskins team with a running game that couldn't break the goalline if it were made out of toothpicks... and ya hate on him.

Up 19? Have you SEEN the injuries to the Colts defense? No lead is safe when your defense is being held together by string and tape and chewing gum.

Thanks for starting the "who's a know-nothing hater" thread for us. I'll be sure to keep track of who's who.

Losers. :blink:

Pretty much nailed it. A wanker starts one of these threads after every time Manning shows what he can do.

But you're right. He's a total wuss. Not in the least bit durable. Never competitive. Will only play the game the way that's best for him and refuses to try to win otherwise. His actions are all based on stat-padding. If they weren't, he'd be more consistently like a Jake Delhome in his numbers.

Do you all actually read what you put when you start these threads?

-A quarterback the caliber of Peyton Manning has the ball inside the 5, with the pounding ability that the Colts have this season---and he tossed TD passes because of his stats?

-We won't even go into the "poosay" part. Today is the worst day to make that argument, if you saw the hits he took. We won't mention his two running TD's this year.

-Have you SEEN some of the stat lines for the Colts defense this year? Or that punt return by Randle El? Points are not the only reason the Colts wanted their drives to end in kickoffs.

-Was the offense suppose to "turn off" as soon as they got the lead? Is that what a team that's shown itself, this year, to have trouble keeping the offense consistently going (and that's shown itself to play best when in a rhythm), would be best doing in this situation? Should Manning let the offense "turn off" again to keep hiis numbers down on a more "acceptable" level?

The stat padder accusations, with the allegations that Manning cares more about his own numbers more than winning and that he's not as good as his numbers say are, as they have been for years, ridiculous. Look at how much Manning tried to pad his numbers last year when teams were dropping 8 players into coverage. And speaking of which, we're starting to see a pattern now where Manning starts off more slowly than the rest of the top QB's because of how much time defenses spend over the off-season trying to counter him, but as the season goes on he passes the other in QB rating as he adjusts to the new looks prepared for him anyway.

Can we add this topic to the (ever-lengthening) list of garbage topics that need to not waste space on this board any more?

yea hes really proving to be past his prime this year....as he still put up numbers with coutless rookies.......watch once he retires after this year while most likely being 2-5 TDs behind Marino and 3-5 Wins behind him as well.....which he could easily come back and play a few games and get ALL TIME PASSING RECORDS....but he will most likely retire without given a crap....DOnt be bitter just because he owned the Bears for 95% of his career..... :blink:

I wouldn't be so sure he retires after this year.

I just realized i got off topic. Manning is a stat padder to a certain degree. He loves throwing td's when his team's ahead. He's the A-Rod of football. It's not necessarily that he's padding stats, but it's just easier for him in these type of games. They did try running plays near the goal as someone pointed out but they didn't work. If they don't figure out how to run the ball by the time the playoffs roll around, it will most likely be another early exit for manning and his boys.

Manning always seems to be padding his stats.

More likely he's padding his bra. Have you noticed the size of his man boobs? :blink:

More likely he's padding his bra. Have you noticed the size of his man boobs? :blink:

:huh: :mad:

Are you watching some "Manning Shower Cam" or something that we're not aware of? Cause I'm pretty sure Fox hasn't shown a shirtless manning during this telecast.

:blink: :huh:

Are you watching some "Manning Shower Cam" or something that we're not aware of? Cause I'm pretty sure Fox hasn't shown a shirtless manning during this telecast.

Have you seen his Gatoraid commercial? :mad:

up 33-14 and they go for 2 and now they're throwing screens and whatnot to reggie wayne

when the ACL tears start happening, no crying please :doublethumbsup:

(FYI not playing any colts this week)

You are a moron, plain and simple.

MNF, @Tampa. Colts scored 21 points in 5 minutes. Quit being an idiot. NO LEAD IS EVER SAFE. PLAY FOR THE WIN.

The Colts suck at running in the redzone. The only reason they don't suck at running the ball period is because the passing game is so damn good that opposing defenses can't stack against the run.

Of course, I am a Harrison owner. :doublethumbsup:

One of the one yard TDs totally seemed like they tried to pad his stats.

Addai had a few solid runs during the drive, moving people forward every time for 5+ yard gains. On first and goal from the 5 they hand it to addai who takes it inside the 1. Then on 2nd and goal from inside the 1 they pass. incomplete. Then on third and goal inside the 1 they pass again for the TD even though Addai looked really good on that drive and he looked like an RB who would easily have rushed for that <1 TD if given the chance. Yet they passed, passed, and probably would have passed again on 4th down.

And for the record, I wasn't playing Peyton in any league, but I did start Addai, but won this week anyway.

One of the one yard TDs totally seemed like they tried to pad his stats.

Addai had a few solid runs during the drive, moving people forward every time for 5+ yard gains. On first and goal from the 5 they hand it to addai who takes it inside the 1. Then on 2nd and goal from inside the 1 they pass. incomplete. Then on third and goal inside the 1 they pass again for the TD even though Addai looked really good on that drive and he looked like an RB who would easily have rushed for that <1 TD if given the chance. Yet they passed, passed, and probably would have passed again on 4th down.

And for the record, I wasn't playing Peyton in any league, but I did start Addai, but won this week anyway.

Yeah, I wish they'd have a little more faith in the run from there as well... but as good as Addai looked today, he's just not a "punch it in" kind of runner at this point. And the entire o-line is built for pass-protect... not push the line.

I AM AN ADDAI OWNER! Twice Peyton let Addai do all the work to get to the 2 yard line with a first down, and then Addai gets only one shot at endzone before Manning rewards himself with Two TD Throws. He did the same thing with Rhodes on one of his drives.

PEYTONS A STAT PADDING HOMO! :pointstosky:

If they don't get their defense straight, the only stat padding he'll be doing in January is missing out on yet another AFC title game. He'll be the Colin Monty of the football world. Greatest player to never go to the big game.

Also, Manning still has some respect to gain back after tossing his Offensive line under the bus last year after Pittsburgh painted his ass. Sure he was frustrated at the time but you (as QB) are the leader and he looked like crap that first half. Pittsburgh had him not knowing whether to crap or go sailing.

Of course if I had him on my FFT, I'd be 7-0 instead of 5-2. Focking Westbrook and Stallworth not playing those couple weeks AND not being announced as such in a timely manner cost me. I hate goose eggs.

He finally has a great game AFTER I trade him and Cedric Benson for Ahman Green and Carson Palmer. :banana:

Oh well...it appears I'm headed to victory after two straight losses. 5-2!!!!!!!!!!