Sign in to follow this  
Team Revell

Bill Mahr mocks death of Crocodile Hunter

Maher Sparks Outrage with Irwin Halloween Costume

US talk show host Bill Maher has sparked outrage after appearing at numerous Halloween parties over the weekend dressed as "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, complete with a bloody stingray barb attached to a khaki shirt. The outfit is among the top Halloween costumes in the US this year and while some have found it amusing, other insist it is an insult to the late conservationist who died in September.

Photos of the celebrity comedian making the rounds at Halloween parties in Los Angeles over the weekend have been widely circulated on the internet. Maher hosts a weekly talk show on US network HBO called Real Time With Bill Maher and has angered some of his fans. One fan wrote on the star's official website, "I suppose he thought it was funny, but it was seriously lacking taste, decorum and respect for Steve's family." Another fan wrote, "I am kind of torn on it - I have a good sense of humor but this one is just kind of tacky."

Mocking the recently deceased celebrity via a halloween costume is as American as apple pie. Tacky? Yes, but people who find offense in this are typically looking for something to offend them.

The thing that bothers me more than that is:

Why is this guy famous? What talent has he ever had? Politically Incorrect and his new show sucked/are currently sucking ass. He's not even remotely funny. Why is this a story? :dunno:

Why is this guy famous? What talent has he ever had? Politically Incorrect and his new show sucked/are currently sucking ass. He's not even remotely funny. Why is this a story? :dunno:

What he said.

AND he stole the focking costume idea from South Park!!! :lol:

I can deal w/a lack of respect for the recently deceased, but being a copy-cat? That focker's off my Halloween card list. :banana:

Bill Mahr has never been funny and he is a total assmeg. However, the costume is funny.

Not a big deal.

But karma dictates that Bill Mahr dies in a couple of months in a bizarre anal rupture accident while taking a dump, and people will be mocking his death next year.

Why is this guy famous? What talent has he ever had? Politically Incorrect and his new show sucked/are currently sucking ass. He's not even remotely funny. Why is this a story? :thumbsdown:

I'd like to see his bank account and then yours :huh:

Seeing none of you slackers could find a picture. link

Seeing none of you slackers could find a picture. link

Is it me or does his head look WAY too big for his body? Like a focking Mr. Potato Head.

Is it me or does his head look WAY too big for his body? Like a focking Mr. Potato Head.

That's what happens when people usually see you wearing makeup for television.

Wow! Talk about being on the cutting edge! I didn't see this costume about 100 times this weekend. What would we do without Bill and his wacky costumes? I heard he went as Bartman in 2003 LOOOOOOOOOOOOLROFLOMGWTFLOL!~!

why are people offended? just more poosification.

Obviously the offended are not Geek Borders :first:

This was much funnier when South Park did it last week, thouh.

I'd like to see his bank account and then yours :first:

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Even so, didn't you know? I make millions and live in a mansion, just like everyone else here. I also win every FF league I'm in and I'm married to a model.

I hope the folks complaining are aware that he used to have a show called Politically Incorrect.

That show was just the opposite, he is about as politically CORRECT as they come. :banana:

Why is this guy famous? What talent has he ever had? Politically Incorrect and his new show sucked/are currently sucking ass. He's not even remotely funny. Why is this a story? :huh:

This gets my vote as well. The costume is funny as hell on one hand but at the same time, aside from the silly corcodile show, the guy was a human being and he had a wife and a family. I guess you would have to be a father to really understand.....I would hate to think of missing all the events in my child's life <_< Newbie will get my back on that one, he is a sappy homo too.

He did put his life in danger on a constant basis though.....I guess that is why I dont swim with stingrays and sharks and I dont stick my finger in wild animals a-holes either. :P