Sign in to follow this  
FranksTanks

Look who is now blaming our troops for the mess in Iraq

GOOD BYE KERRY, HELLO BOEHNER! :lol:

GOP HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER JOHN BOEHNER

GOP HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER JOHN BOEHNER: Let's not blame what's happening in Iraq on Rumsfeld.

WOLF BLITZER: But he's in charge of the military.

BOEHNER: But the fact is, the generals on the ground are in charge, and he works closely with them and the president.

TEXT: Boehner: Let's not blame Iraq woes on Rumsfeld

link to video

One, I'm surprised he would even admit that there is a mess, and two, I can't believe now that ALL REPUBLICANS are now blaming the troops for the mess in Iraq. :banana:

The buck stops where?

He's right - it's the General's fault. It's a damn shame Rumsfeld forced out all the generals who told him what they really needed to do in order to win. Damn, hate when that happens.

The buck stops where?

He's right - it's the General's fault. It's a damn shame Rumsfeld forced out all the generals who told him what they really needed to do in order to win. Damn, hate when that happens.

How long will Rumsfeld get this free pass of his? Turnover isn't always a bad thing, but the longer they let him stay around, the worse it will look if he gets canned.

How long will Rumsfeld get this free pass of his? Turnover isn't always a bad thing, but the longer they let him stay around, the worse it will look if he gets canned.

One of the things you learn in Business School / Leadership Training is that stupid, incompetent leaders want and need "loyal" people - They value this above competence or intellect. Competent, intelligent Managers/Leaders value & seek out those that challenge them.

Pretty boneheaded remarks yet again.

Just proves it does not matter if you are a Dem or Rep...you are bound to say something stupid.

ETA

Though I would like to hear all of what was said...rather than that clip that was obviously intended to make it sound as bad as possible.

Nice site too by the way.... :blink:

The buck stops where?

Oh yeah, like the Army Chief of Staff who led peacekeeping efforts in Bosnia is some big expert on military occupation. :blink:

Pretty boneheaded remarks yet again.

Just proves it does not matter if you are a Dem or Rep...you are bound to say something stupid.

ETA

Though I would like to hear all of what was said...rather than that clip that was obviously intended to make it sound as bad as possible.

Nice site too by the way.... :blink:

You're absolutely correct. The only difference is that right-wing radio won't go out of their way to blow this out of proportion and sway weak minded people like the righties on this site.

:run:

You're absolutely correct. The only difference is that right-wing radio won't go out of their way to blow this out of proportion and sway weak minded people like the righties on this site.

:run:

Perhaps...but we have seen the full context of Kerry's words...and, despite some of the whining here, his words were not taken out of context...and his words have bothered even those in his own party. And again, IMO, it was less his words and more his reaction afterward that made it pretty idiotic.

Anyway, would just be interested in seeing the whole thing...even slightly out of context it was a dumb thing to say.

Perhaps...but we have seen the full context of Kerry's words...and, despite some of the whining here, his words were not taken out of context...and his words have bothered even those in his own party. And again, IMO, it was less his words and more his reaction afterward that made it pretty idiotic.

Anyway, would just be interested in seeing the whole thing...even slightly out of context it was a dumb thing to say.

I still think what Kerry said was stupid but how can you say it wasn't taken out of context. He was in the military during a war. How could you possibly believe that he meant to say that troops in Iraw are stupid?

Also he was talking about Bush before an after the quote. It was obvious that he was talking about Bush.

Once again, I think you are absolutely correct. Kerry's comments were stupid at best, but for the GOP contingent here to come out and claim that his comments will weigh heavier on voters in the coming election than 4 years of a misguided, mismanaged culsterfock of a war, is ridiculous.

I still think what Kerry said was stupid but how can you say it wasn't taken out of context. He was in the military during a war. How could you possibly believe that he meant to say that troops in Iraw are stupid?

Also he was talking about Bush before an after the quote. It was obvious that he was talking about Bush.

He screwed up the joke...but he said what he said...it was not good. It was obvious he f'ed it up.

He said you could end up in Iraq. Last time I checked...Bush is not in Iraq.

It was not out of context...most likely, he simply screwed it up. But instead of first explaining it better...he said he will not apologize for those words. It was foolish...he instead used the reaction for his own political gain...while complaining about people using it for political gain.

Nice site too by the way.... :pointstosky:

I knew you would like it! :wub:

Seriously, I figured, its video, so it didn't matter what site it was linked to. Plus, surprise surprise, there is barely anything written up about this so I didn't have much choice.

Once again, I think you are absolutely correct. Kerry's comments were stupid at best, but for the GOP contingent here to come out and claim that his comments will weigh heavier on voters in the coming election than 4 years of a misguided, mismanaged culsterfock of a war, is ridiculous.

I don't know....while its foolish to come out and say that it will...it just may...while I would not say that the troops are stupid...the voting public has proven itself to be pretty idiotic.

He screwed up the joke...but he said what he said...it was not good. It was obvious he f'ed it up.

He said you could end up in Iraq. Last time I checked...Bush is not in Iraq.

It was not out of context...most likely, he simply screwed it up. But instead of first explaining it better...he said he will not apologize for those words. It was foolish...he instead used the reaction for his own political gain...while complaining about people using it for political gain.

I agree with this. He screwed up the joke and did a horrible job of explaining it. His actions afterwards is what looks really bad.

I knew you would like it! :pointstosky:

Seriously, I figured, its video, so it didn't matter what site it was linked to. Plus, surprise surprise, there is barely anything written up about this so I didn't have much choice.

I think its missing alot though...depends on what they were talking about before they got to the other quote...were they talking about something specific in Iraq that someone was hitting Rummy for...I dont know. :wub:

I agree with this. He screwed up the joke and did a horrible job of explaining it. His actions afterwards is what looks really bad.

and that last thing is what I have said the whole time...that the comments bother me less than his actions (and that of just about everyone really) after it all.

Of course his words bothered those in his own party and on all sorts of different levels, no matter what he really meant. That's what has irritated me the most because the right is using it to try to paint everyone on the left with such a broad brush because of this.

So I wanted to post this to show how silly it is to say that one person speaks for the entire political party.

So his comments were NOT taken out of context. He may not have said what he intended, but he said what he said and the meaning of what he said is pretty clear. It wasn't taken out of context. And that's why he should have apologized immediately instead of jumping on the "out of context" bandwagon.

Perhaps...but we have seen the full context of Kerry's words...and, despite some of the whining here, his words were not taken out of context...and his words have bothered even those in his own party.

It's correct to say his comments weren't taken out of context, they were completely misconstrued. John Derbyshire at National Review, no Kerry lover, is at least honest about it;

John Kerry is awful, and anything we can do further to degrade his political prospects is worth doing. But really, I saw a clip of him making the much-deplored remark, and it was obvious that the dimwit in Iraq that he referred to was George W. Bush, not the American soldier. It was a dumb joke badly delivered, but his meaning was plain. My pleasure in watching JK squirm is just as great as any other conservative's, but something is owed to honesty. There's a lot of fake outrage going round here.

I don't like Kerry, he is pure politician to the bone, and people like him are a big part of what is wrong with politics in this country. But the way this thing is being exploited is disgusting, a lot like how the Howard Deam scream thing was exploited. Kind of ironic that the one thing his detractors remember about him had nothing to do with any of his views, proposed policies, or how he would run the country. The current GOP is interested only in wedge issues, and if they can't find them, they will create them.

And yes, those of his own party are bothered by the flap. They understand how scary good Rove and his media cabal are at what they do. See the Howard Deam example again here. They are scared, and they should be. You should always be scared of an opponent who will do anything to win.

It's correct to say his comments weren't taken out of context, they were completely misconstrued. John Derbyshire at National Review, no Kerry lover, is at least honest about it;

I don't like Kerry, he is pure politician to the bone, and people like him are a big part of what is wrong with politics in this country. But the way this thing is being exploited is disgusting, a lot like how the Howard Deam scream thing was exploited. Kind of ironic that the one thing his detractors remember about him had nothing to do with any of his views, proposed policies, or how he would run the country. The current GOP is interested only in wedge issues, and if they can't find them, they will create them.

And yes, those of his own party are bothered by the flap. They understand how scary good Rove and his media cabal are at what they do. See the Howard Deam example again here.

Well if John Derbyshire says the meaning was plain, and not how the sentences actually came out (lol), that must be the case :pointstosky:

Well if John Derbyshire says the meaning was plain, and not how the sentences actually came out (lol), that must be the case :thumbsup:

Derbyshire has no reason to defend Kerry, and every reason not to, so when he does I think he's being honest. I know some people are pretty offended by honesty that flies in the face of political opportunism these days though. Somehow I just find it hard to believe that Kerry decided to come out and call our troops dumb and uneducated a week before Congressional elections. :first:

Derbyshire has no reason to defend Kerry, and every reason not to, so when he does I think he's being honest. I know some people are pretty offended by honesty that flies in the face of political opportunism these days though. Somehow I just find it hard to believe that Kerry decided to come out and call our troops dumb and uneducated a week before Congressional elections. :thumbsup:

I went though this yesterday to MDC. I don't think for a minute that he said what he intended. That doesn't mean anyone misinterpreted anything or took anything out of context. He said what he said, and it's meaning is clear. The fact that he said something DIFFERENT than he intended does not change the meaning of what he ACTUALLY said. And that's why he should have immediately apologized instead of attacking those who were offended. Had he done that he might have avoided this mess. But he made two mistakes - he said something offensive and then attacked those offended by what he said as taking it out of context. As a result of those two mistakes, IMO he deserves every bit of criticism he's received.

BTW, as a sidenote, he said some stuff back in '72 that isn't exactly great either. So it makes you wonder....

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/n...ns/15908705.htm

George Bush want to hurt our country and our people!!!! :bench:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I went though this yesterday to MDC. I don't think for a minute that he said what he intended. That doesn't mean anyone misinterpreted anything or took anything out of context. He said what he said, and it's meaning is clear. The fact that he said something DIFFERENT than he intended does not change the meaning of what he ACTUALLY said. And that's why he should have immediately apologized instead of attacking those who were offended. Had he done that he might have avoided this mess. But he made two mistakes - he said something offensive and then attacked those offended by what he said as taking it out of context. As a result of those two mistakes, IMO he deserves every bit of criticism he's received.

I don't disagree with any of that and I appreciate your honesty on what Kerry was really trying to say.

Kerry is a jerk and should have been locked away months ago. And yes, he should have gone into serious damage control mode much earlier.

My problem with the whole thing is how the GOP is seizing upon it to deflect attention from the bigger issues, because in the end it's a lot of ado about nothing. Over 100 Americans were killed in Iraq last month. Cent comm just made an internal asssessment that Iraq is bordering on chaos and things are only getting worse. al-Maliki just made us take down a security checkpoint, quite possibly at the behest of al-Sadr. But hey, let's talk about John focking Kerry.

ETA: Look at the Webb thing. Basically the guy is accused of being a PEDOPHILE based on a single passage he wrote dealing with a little understood non-sexual practice from a foreign culture. That's about as disgusting as she gets right there. There is no line these guys will not cross to keep power.

If this thread was about a lib it would be 10 pages by now.

Sometimes we forget although this is a football board it's full of bible banging, gun rack having, white hood wearing, g bush fellatiating jerkoff's.

TIA :thumbsup:

If this thread was about a lib it would be 10 pages by now.

Sometimes we forget although this is a football board it's full of bible banging, gun rack having, white hood wearing, g bush fellatiating jerkoff's.

TIA :thumbsup:

yea, nobody here cries about bush, cheney, rummy or any other matter that could be tied to bush.

get a grip mr kettle

yea, nobody here cries about bush, cheney, rummy or any other matter that could be tied to bush.

get a grip mr kettle

Yah my bad. There's what, 3 of us here? :thumbsup:

Oddly enough we don't live in the armpit of America like 80% of you.

Yah my bad. There's what, 3 of us here? :thumbsup:

I must assume then that living in 'the armpit' gives us the ability to count.

I must assume then that living in 'the armpit' gives us the ability to count.

Good, maybe now you can all start contributing to the US economy.

New York and California could use a little help keeping this country financially afloat (oddly enough overwhelmingly lib states)

Yah my bad. There's what, 3 of us here? :blink:

Ahhh...I see you took my advice to go back to trying to bash people for where they live.

Great....oh...forgot to tell you...you looked like an idiot for doing that as well.

Especially with the spanking the Lions took.... :banana:

Boehner should stick to covering for pedophiles in Congress and lay off the military. He's way out of his league.

Ahhh...I see you took my advice to go back to trying to bash people for where they live.

Great....oh...forgot to tell you...you looked like an idiot for doing that as well.

Especially with the spanking the Lions took.... :cheers:

And the trolls come winding down.

Don't hate me because I'm better then you. Just be glad you're in the armpit of America and not the Armpit of Earth somewhere in Africa.

George Bush want to hurt our country and our people!!!! :cheers:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

:Mr-T:

And the trolls come winding down.

Don't hate me because I'm better then you. Just be glad you're in the armpit of America and not the Armpit of Earth somewhere in Africa.

Trolls? Hah!!!!

Better than me? How so...because you can make claims about what you have? Because you think where you live somehow makes you better than others? Because you can make wild predictions on the main board only to run and hide when those predictions were blown apart?

Nah....nothing about you is better than me...nothing about where I live is the armpit of America. That name is designated for that void which sits between your ears.

Trolls? Hah!!!!

Better than me? How so...because you can make claims about what you have? Because you think where you live somehow makes you better than others? Because you can make wild predictions on the main board only to run and hide when those predictions were blown apart?

Nah....nothing about you is better than me...nothing about where I live is the armpit of America. That name is designated for that void which sits between your ears.

I'm better then you because I don't remember a single one of your 12000 posts yet you remember every one of mine. I'm not better then you because I choose to be, I just am. Your life is so insignificant that you remember what people on a stupid internet forum say and follow them around rehashing it. If that isn't a pathetic life I don't know what is.

it'salsoatip that almost everyone who lives outside of the armpit refers to the mid-west as the armpit. This isn't some sort of epithony I had one day on the crapper. This is a very common term widely used to refer to the mid-west.

TIA :cheers:

New York and California could use a little help keeping this country financially afloat (oddly enough overwhelmingly lib states)

You've got to be kidding. Noone can be this stupid.

:blink:

You've got to be kidding. Noone can be this stupid.

:D

http://www.lao.ca.gov/2004/cal_facts/2004_calfacts_econ.htm

*California's gross state product is nearly $1.5 trillion, making it one of the world's largest economies.

*California accounts for over 13 percent of the nation's output, and trails only Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, and France.

*Our nation's next largest state economy--New York--is about 60 percent the size of California's.

So California and New York alone account for 20% of the entire US economy while making up only 4% of the 50 states in the Union. I think it is pretty safe to say California and New York are two of the essential states keeping the US economy afloat.

HTH

No offense to most republicans, this is aimed more towards the republicans that still support bush, and the ones that hardcore right. This is the typical republican reaction. When one of their own is under fire they try to redirect the issue with something else. This guy says somethig stupid so whats the response? "Hey, remember last week when kerry said something stupid, lets talk about that." I could be wrong but it seems like everytime a republican is accused of something they try to deflect attention or somehow turn the issue and blame demo's. It happened with foley when repubilcans started saying the democrats knew about it a year ago. They start making all these accusations.

I totaly understand why someone would want to be idealistic repubican. I just don't get why republicans try to justify everything one of their own says. Kerry F'd up and people in his own party let him know, they voiced their concerns to the public, he had to cancel a few days where he was set to help demo candidates, and he issued an apology, albeit a little late and after he said he stands by his words. There were even some demo's in here that said they don't agree with his comments. Republicans just try to justify it, change the issue, and accuse demos.

I'm better then you because I don't remember a single one of your 12000 posts yet you remember every one of mine. I'm not better then you because I choose to be, I just am. Your life is so insignificant that you remember what people on a stupid internet forum say and follow them around rehashing it. If that isn't a pathetic life I don't know what is.

it'salsoatip that almost everyone who lives outside of the armpit refers to the mid-west as the armpit. This isn't some sort of epithony I had one day on the crapper. This is a very common term widely used to refer to the mid-west.

TIA :(

Every one of yours? Nah....just the few early this year where you took a severe beating on the main board after insulting many people on this board and in this country, as well as being as delusional as swamp dog when it comes to the Lions. Then you pulled a swamp and really have not come around over there much to say a thing about that failure of a franchise.

Following you? Ummm...look up junior, I was following this thread in which I was discussing things before you came along.

Epithony? Wow...brilliant is all I can say there. :cry:

No offense to most republicans, this is aimed more towards the republicans that still support bush, and the ones that hardcore right. This is the typical republican reaction. When one of their own is under fire they try to redirect the issue with something else. This guy says somethig stupid so whats the response? "Hey, remember last week when kerry said something stupid, lets talk about that." I could be wrong but it seems like everytime a republican is accused of something they try to deflect attention or somehow turn the issue and blame demo's. It happened with foley when repubilcans started saying the democrats knew about it a year ago. They start making all these accusations.

I totaly understand why someone would want to be idealistic repubican. I just don't get why republicans try to justify everything one of their own says. Kerry F'd up and people in his own party let him know, they voiced their concerns to the public, he had to cancel a few days where he was set to help demo candidates, and he issued an apology, albeit a little late and after he said he stands by his words. There were even some demo's in here that said they don't agree with his comments. Republicans just try to justify it, change the issue, and accuse demos.

Ummm...this thread is the opposite of what you are saying.

Kerry said something stupid...then this thread pops up.

Who in this thread has said anything about this being ok because of what Kerry said?

George Bush want to hurt our country and our people!!!! :blink:

Bush should apologize for this immediately ;)