Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

With the #1 selection in the 2007 NFL Draft,

Brady Quinn? :clap:

Well? It's high time - it should be either the Raiders or Cards, and the Cards already have their QB of the future...so even if the Raidahs pick 2nd, they'd still get the QB of their choice.

So what do the Raidahs do? :clap:

I feel sorry for Mr. Quinn, or any other player that gets drafted by the raiders, cards, or browns. It diminishes their earning potential for the rest of their career!!!!!!!

Oakland needs to demolish the current team and start again. I think you're right that they'll probably draft the best available QB. And then probably trade Moss and others for more draft picks.

A new Owner.

Did you see the old hags sitting in the owners box with Skelator himself, Al Davis. I swear everytime they showed a glimpse of the owners box with Al and his friends I could smell the stentch of old folks dentures and moth ball stinking clothes over the T.V. Wow, I didn't think HD was that good. :doublethumbsup:

Can they draft an entirely new offensive line?

Not if the Cardinals draft ahead of them.

they have to go offensive line w/ their top 5 picks and address it in Free Agency as well. Throw a bunch of sh!t against the wall and see what sticks...

I am still amazed that they didn't address it this year. The OL was deep in this years draft. Hell, Winston might have been a 1st/2nd round pick in some drafts...

I feel sorry for Mr. Quinn, or any other player that gets drafted by the raiders, cards, or browns. It diminishes their earning potential for the rest of their career!!!!!!!

I have to disagree on the Browns part. in PPR leagues Winslow has been a monster. He is #1 amogst TE in one of my leagues. Top 5 in most others.

they have to go offensive line w/ their top 5 picks and address it in Free Agency as well. Throw a bunch of sh!t against the wall and see what sticks...

I am still amazed that they didn't address it this year. The OL was deep in this years draft. Hell, Winston might have been a 1st/2nd round pick in some drafts...

3 of the Raiders 6 draft picks this year were OL

3rd round Paul McQuistan (backup at guard)

6th round Kevin Boothe (starter at guard)

7th round Chris Morris (not sure he made the squad)

I have to disagree on the Browns part. in PPR leagues Winslow has been a monster. He is #1 amogst TE in one of my leagues. Top 5 in most others.

real football >>> fantasy football

hth

I disagree that being drafted by the raiders or cardinals would be horrible

Raiders - young defense that has looked very good at times this year, offensively have some weapons just need the OL

Cards - Look at the talent at wr and rb with a good young qb which makes up for the bad OL partly, need some help on defense and still need to improve that OL

A new Owner.

Did you see the old hags sitting in the owners box with Skelator himself, Al Davis. I swear everytime they showed a glimpse of the owners box with Al and his friends I could smell the stentch of old folks dentures and moth ball stinking clothes over the T.V. Wow, I didn't think HD was that good. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Any decent scrambling QB...quick fix to a problem that will otherwise require many picks to replace O-linemen.

Joe Thomas.... they gotta start somewhere... they can't all be Robert Gallery's...

An Absolute monster.....FUKKEM BUCKY!

3 of the Raiders 6 draft picks this year were OL

3rd round Paul McQuistan (backup at guard)

6th round Kevin Boothe (starter at guard)

7th round Chris Morris (not sure he made the squad)

in that case, they need new scouts as well

Strangest thing....this team was in the superbowl more recently than I bet most of our teams have been in.

How fast the mighty fall.

I wonder how good this team would be if Gruden was still the coach. I'm going out on a limb here, but off the cuff I'd guess, "way. way better."

Don't the Steeler own the tiebreak for the first pick over the Raiders right now? This is Cowher's swan song, and they're tanking it on purpose to load up on talent for the DYNASTY run starting next year. So it is writting, so shall it be...

I would bet they would be better if they had a Pee Wee offensive co-ordinator rather than Mr. Hobby shop or whatever the hell that guy did for 10 years before Shell brought him back.

I would bet they would be better if they had a Pee Wee offensive co-ordinator rather than Mr. Hobby shop or whatever the hell that guy did for 10 years before Shell brought him back.

he ran a bed and breakfast in IDAHO.... LMFAO ... I still get tears of laughter when I think about it...

As long as the Lions don't draft Brady Quinn I will be happy. He's going to be a flop. Notre Dame is overrated.

:rolleyes:

real football >>> fantasy football

hth

Actually...

Real Football > Fantasy Football

'specially when your "real" football team is a member of the pathetic NFCWorst.

YAY MEDIOCRITY!!!

they could trade down from the #1-3 picks and get 1/3 of an offensive line for the price of a top pick.

Kenneth Sims. Defensive End, Texas.

Oh wait that's the Patriots in 1982 .. DOH

Worst 1st round ever by the way check it out..

1982 1st Round NFL Draft

A new Owner.

Did you see the old hags sitting in the owners box with Skelator himself, Al Davis. I swear everytime they showed a glimpse of the owners box with Al and his friends I could smell the stentch of old folks dentures and moth ball stinking clothes over the T.V. Wow, I didn't think HD was that good. :)

thats the smell of death

I wonder how good this team would be if Gruden was still the coach. I'm going out on a limb here, but off the cuff I'd guess, "way. way better."

Or how good the Bucs would be if Dungy were still the coach :mad:

I was thinking the same exact thing. Maybe the lines from Wisconsin, or USC, or Michigan.

They need to trade down from that pick, take a linemen, and use their remaining draft picks on linemen, an obtain linemen in free agency.

Al Davis may also want to look into robotics, and possibly build a few offensive linedroids.

Kenneth Sims. Defensive End, Texas.

Oh wait that's the Patriots in 1982 .. DOH

Worst 1st round ever by the way check it out..

1982 1st Round NFL Draft

My Philadelphia Eagles did well and chose Mike Quick in the first round, then in Eagle-like fashion picked TE's with their second and third round picks. Neither one was any good (Sampleton and Kab). :clap:

raiders will be trading down with the lions. I believe the lions have their eyes on jeff samardjiza!!!

Joe Thomas.... they gotta start somewhere... they can't all be Robert Gallery's...

;)

Gotta start with the line and I don't see any way Thomas wouldn't be a significant upgrade over Gallery.

:banana:

Gotta start with the line and I don't see any way Thomas wouldn't be a significant upgrade over Gallery.

Gallery was a "can't miss" as well. At some point coaching helps.

Gallery was a "can't miss" as well. At some point coaching helps.

They do have Jackie Slater on the sidelines as well as Art Shell the HC... I mean these guys were two of the best lineman to ever play the game... why can't they devise a scheme to utilize what they have... shorten the passing game up, RUN THE BALL... get some damn confidence over there...

And you're right it's all about the coaching, but you can't draft a coach in the first round

P.S. - FIRE TOM WALSH IMMEDIATELY.... I'd rather see Walter draw up the plays in the dirt before the play, couldn't be any worse than what i'm seeing... :pointstosky:

They do have Jackie Slater on the sidelines as well as Art Shell the HC... I mean these guys were two of the best lineman to ever play the game... why can't they devise a scheme to utilize what they have... shorten the passing game up, RUN THE BALL... get some damn confidence over there...

And you're right it's all about the coaching, but you can't draft a coach in the first round

P.S. - FIRE TOM WALSH IMMEDIATELY.... I'd rather see Walter draw up the plays in the dirt before the play, couldn't be any worse than what i'm seeing... ;)

Slater has zero experience coaching offensive lines. Shell has done it (without any great success) but is the HC now now the OL coach. So for all their pedigree as players they are not helping the offensive line's performance much. I agree that Walsh sucks, he seems to have no idea how to take advantage of the opposing defensive scheme.

Walsh sucks, he seems to have no idea how to take advantage of the opposing defensive scheme.

And that's an understatement ;)

A new Owner.

Did you see the old hags sitting in the owners box with Skelator himself, Al Davis. I swear everytime they showed a glimpse of the owners box with Al and his friends I could smell the stentch of old folks dentures and moth ball stinking clothes over the T.V. Wow, I didn't think HD was that good. :pointstosky:

They were hideous. Fake blondes about 80 years old. Disgusting.

WITH THE #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT THE RAIDERS TAKE

PERVIS "NEVER NERVOUS" ELLISON

And for a recap of the 1989 NBA DRAFT PLEASE VISIT HERE

Never Nervous #1 in 1989 NBA Draft