Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 9-12

And talk about ironic as Moz changes his pick to the guy Grigs wanted forcing Grigs to pick again and he takes my guy.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sweet irony ;)

And talk about ironic as Moz changes his pick to the guy Grigs wanted forcing Grigs to pick again and he takes my guy.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sweet irony ;)

If Grigs wanted Sharper, he shouldn't have been watching tv, because Sharper went "before" he picked. Get it? I thought I was done with this..

;)

lmao

this is comedy

Zap - I sentcha a list (to your uh, "non-email acct" - same as before)

just in case...I'll be in surgery tomorrow morning, and likely offline until noon-ish. I'll try to get you a more comprehensive list together in case I am MIA tomorrow.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sweet irony  ;)

If Grigs wanted Sharper, he shouldn't have been watching tv, because Sharper went "before" he picked. Get it? I thought I was done with this..

;)

I not pissed off. I was just saying how ironic it was. ;)

Looks like a lull for Mac. I'll be updating. Have you (all) been double checking the references? It's rare that I go this long without completely missing something someone somewhere somehow. ;)

Looks like a lull for Mac. I'll be updating. Have you (all) been double checking the references? It's rare that I go this long without completely missing something someone somewhere somehow. ;)

I'm using the draft buddy ;)

scooter, why so unsure about the Robinson pick? I've been eying him for a few rounds now. Had him typed in thelast one, but decided on Bledsoe. I think he's great value here.

Looks like a lull for Mac.  I'll be updating.  Have you (all) been double checking the references?  It's rare that I go this long without completely missing something someone somewhere somehow.  ;)

I'm using the draft buddy ;)

This pooter doesn't have Excel. The only copy I have is 97, and I understand there's some bugs w/97. We have brand new copies of Corel's spreadsheet. ;)

scooter, why so unsure about the Robinson pick? I've been eying him for a few rounds now. Had him typed in thelast one, but decided on Bledsoe. I think he's great value here.

;)

I need wrs, too. I always wait until everyone is loaded with WRs to get my 3,4,5. Not sure why. I'm happy with Horn and Mason, just need a couple sleepers and I'll wait.

I always wait until everyone is loaded with WRs to get my 3,4,5. Not sure why.

;)

Becuase the position is always so freekin deep. And this year is just silly becuase of all the great rookie wrs. One or two will bust out. Write it down.

;)

I need wrs, too. I always wait until everyone is loaded with WRs to get my 3,4,5. Not sure why. I'm happy with Horn and Mason, just need a couple sleepers and I'll wait.

I almost took him the pick before...I think he's going to be a flippin STUD opposite Moss in Minny, but I have a hard time makin projections for him.

He really helped me in a week that I had an injurylast year and he came up huge, but his season stats are difficult to project forward into a full season, opposite Moss, with Culpepper tossing the rock.

I'm thinking he'll be better than McCaerins, but that doesn't tell me where to draft him.

so what do y'all think - anywhere from 11 - 14?

In an IDP league, maybe 11 - 16?

Geez, I checked in right in time. Way to keep it moving....thanks for all the updating too, Zap. My wife was b!tching at me for being on here yesterday.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sweet irony :wall:

I had no intentinos of taking Sharper... :huh:

Butcher isn't here, and Barnaby's proxy Eaglebleeding asked for patience. We've done pretty good again today, and I will be patient, but hopeful. If you'd rather run, I have this crazy idea. You could send me a short list, just in case the picks come unexpectedly. I know. I'm nuts. :wall: :huh:

Looks like a lull for Mac.  I'll be updating.  Have you (all) been double checking the references?  It's rare that I go this long without completely missing something someone somewhere somehow.   :huh:

I'm using the draft buddy :banana:

This pooter doesn't have Excel. The only copy I have is 97, and I understand there's some bugs w/97. We have brand new copies of Corel's spreadsheet. :wall:

Technically there are no bugs in the Compiler and Draft Buddy, even for Excel 97. It's just that, Excel 97's web query feature is a little bit lacking (slow beyond belief) when updating projections in the Compiler. The updating projections feature is new this year, and is not completely necessary as we will have another option for downloading new versions soon.

Zap, if you want to try out Buddy drop me an email. It will work 100% in Excel 97. I was under the impression all you had was Quattro.

:huh:

I wish I was right and he was gone. Brian Dawkins was next on my very short list. Well, scooter, you no longer have my list! :wall:

MacGregor's qb wait worked out for him. I usually do something similar and expect Old Brad Johnson to lead the way for me this year. He's undervalued by EVERYBODY, imho. Backing him up with Plummer isn't something to brag about, but he's safe. I think my finished product in Goidpankal will look more like Mac's team than mine. He has an interesting LB too. But, I'm not discussing him. :banana:

I'm not really expecting a whole lot from Robinson. The Vikings also have Kelly Campbell and Nate Burelson who have equal or perhaps more chance of being a decent #2 opposite Moss, given they have played in the system before. I'd give edge to Burelson personally. So IMHO, yes, too early.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sweet irony  :huh:

I had no intentinos of taking Sharper... :banana:

:D

He's a troublemaker. :wall:

I appreciate your patience to grab defenders, but you're starting to make me nervous. We start 8 defenders. We have 10 bench positions available. HTH. :ph34r:

My wife was b!tching at me for being on here always.

My wife is a teacher....Summer vacation suxors! :huh:

LOL! My wife is on vacation too! That was why I was having trouble getting on here the last couple days. Finally had to send her and my daughter to the mother-in-law's place! :banana:

"Honey - I'm trying to work here!" :wall:

I appreciate your patience to grab defenders, but you're starting to make me nervous. We start 8 defenders. We have 10 bench positions available. HTH. :ph34r:

I've been known to go an entire draft without having my starting D drafted yet, depending on how close to the season the draft is. I always manage to piece together a very competitive D. Plus a couple of my favorite LBs/DBs are still left.

Zap, if you want to try out Buddy drop me an email. It will work 100% in Excel 97. I was under the impression all you had was Quattro.

Will do. The company just bought a truckload from Dell and got a "great deal" on the Corel software suite. Most seem happy with it. We have very little use for any software that isn't specific to mortgages. I'm rambling. I'll install 97 on my home pooter and check it out. I bet with little effort I can find a legal company copy of 2000. I only do a couple drafts a year, but the work I put into projections is definitely in need of organization.

I'm probably gonna be at the beach from 11am until 7pm tommorrow...so expect a big list Zap. :wall: (of course it will be GOIDPANKAL counterintel anyway....kinda like this whole draft has been...so don't bother reading into any of the picks). You guys think it's tough leaving a list, try leaving one w/o a trace of a pattern of who you really want! Now thats a skill I tell you. BB in a bit, wifes calling. :huh:

Have to call BW now... will be a few minutes...

I can't get through... sorry for the delay... will keep trying.

You asked for patience. You got it. Thanks again for doing this for him. :wall:

(of course it will be GOIDPANKAL counterintel anyway....kinda like this whole draft has been...so don't bother reading into any of the picks)

I knew your pattern already. Andra Davis. :wall:

Thoughts on Bell? I have seen some people with Porter before him :wall:

He needs to prove it to me for a year. Loads of talent, mixes in sacks, not too great in coverage, as I recall. I seek tacklers for my LBs and consider most other stats gravy.

Still waiting... http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2004/o...ns?L=30359&O=17 :wall: :huh:

Thoughts on Bell? - I like Bell a lot, but more so in leagues that reward higher for sacks. The return of ###### LeBeau I think is a big positive for the Steelers D, and Bell could be a key beneficiary if he can stay healthy.

I know we're not supposed to name drop but I just took a cruise by the main board and Brandon Stokley is looking pretty good right about now :wall:

(of course it will be GOIDPANKAL counterintel anyway....kinda like this whole draft has been...so don't bother reading into any of the picks)

I knew your pattern already. Andra Davis. :huh:

I was taking him next here, doesn't mean I would have in our league though. :wall:

I know we're not supposed to name drop but I just took a cruise by the main board and Brandon Stokley is looking pretty good right about now :wall:

I checked it out and know not to what you refer? I'm looking for sleeper wrs though. I think I'll take one of Blue's favorites again. :huh:

Well I was hoping to make my picks before I have to go to work but doesnt look like that will happen. I'll send you a revised list Zap.

Well I was hoping to make my picks before I have to go to work but doesnt look like that will happen. I'll send you a revised list Zap.

Thanks again. FFKing said he'd be back here by now. I would expect the next pick to happen soon enough, so we will head into rd 13 tonight with your list. It's early yet for us PSTers, but I doubt this will go far into the 13th. Mac said he'd be ready, and we'll take it from there with your list and FFKing's hopeful arrival.

I couldn't get through to BW for some reason, so I went ahead and made the pick myself. I didn't want things to hang up any longer. I'll keep trying, but will make the next one too if need be. Then BW should be able to take care of anything past round 13 himself.