Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 9-12

I'm back. Thanks Scooter. Updates and edits coming to a bulletin baord near you.

It's about 5:00 PM in the East, so I'm heading out of the office in a few minutes and have a 45 minute commute home. Once I get home, I'm on much less frequently. Plus I don't have any proxy lists since I'm picking for BarnabyWilde, so I can't send them off. I generally call him when he is on deck or in the hole, but I can't always be online in the evening to tell when he is up, so be generous with the time limits, please; we're moving really quickly anyway.

As Zap said in the original post and the email he sent, he expected us to be available at least TWICE daily throughout the draft...

might be my worst pick of the draft right there...I promise my next one will be worse still if he is still on the board.

:thumbsup:

Raider RBs are question marks, but all signs in July point to Tyrone having first crack at the majority of the work. IF it remains that way, it's a fine pick.

I'm all for being generous with the time limits tonight. I just ask for that kind of communication, BEG. Thanks.

Hey I'm out from 3 - 6 pst about. If it comes back to me I'm sorry but there is going to be a wait. I would try to list but I can't even tell what will happen by then. We've gotten a lot done today. We should be proud.

My goal is to complete rd 12 tonight. That may be wishful thinking, but from experience I know these things slow down Friday-Sunday. So, let's try to make an effort to all get another pick in tonight. Moz is headed towards an hour, Others are waiting. Last time I almost proxied for him, he showed. At the top of the hour, I should have everything updated (work is slowing me down a little right now), then we'll take a look at his team if he hasn't picked. Just a heads up for those of you waiting. Blue always come through, but I haven't received a list from him yet.

He's probably lurking in stealth mode. :thumbsup:

He's probably lurking in stealth mode.  :thumbsup:

:unsure:

If I were Moz, I'd be thinking D or WR. I thought the same last time and he backed up his QB. He's over an hour now. Blue is here, posing as the poster formerly known as PIK 95. I'll go to the consensus in 15 minutes.

Rosters are updated and in need of double checking, thanks.

Sam Cowart would be the next LB, and a safe and sane pick. Quincy Morgan the next WR, and subject to varied opinion.

Cowart for Moz in 10 minutes... tick tock...

Ok, this isn't coming back to me for a little while. I'm going out to grab dinner.

I was taking Morgan but whatever you want. :thumbsup:

Bluepointer-doubtful-(Beach)....BBL :thumbsup: :headbanger:

You're good to go until tomorrow afternoon, I would guess? :unsure:

Scooter

Grigs

It looks like this will run again at the bottom of the hour. Do what you gotta do until then. Moz is getting a WR if I proxy. If you want to pop me a two or three player list, you're covered for the night. If you want to hang out with me, thanks. :thumbsup:

Since Scooter has my list... lol... maybe I should go? Seriously Grigs, Scooter's had my list since lunchtime, and it's not changing for this pick. Whatever you send me is safe unless I already submitted your man to Scooter.

I can hang, no problem.

I'm just trying to run all sorts of errands before I lose the use of my right arm for the next couple of weeks.

So if he picks, it might be an hour-ish until I get to get back online. Which I hope won't be an issue.

I'd mail the potentials to you, but I need to see the next pick to decide. Don't ask.

Since Scooter has my list... lol... maybe I should go? Seriously Grigs, Scooter's had my list since lunchtime, and it's not changing for this pick. Whatever you send me is safe unless I already submitted your man to Scooter.

I have the time stamp to prove it, too.

;)

Why would I send you a list? I'm here...

Da Moz is here! Yippee! I was going to give him someone I want. Hell, scooter can vouch for the fact I already did that with Cowart. BTW, if you want to exchange Cowart, do so now, or hold your peace.

Ok, that was my first real reach of the draft. Someone please tell me that he would have been picked in the next two rounds so i don't feel like a total schmuck.

;)

I would like to exchange Cowart for Darren Sharper if possible !

I would like to exchange Cowart for Darren Sharper if possible !

Done!

BTW -- my appologizes fella's ! I was stuck in traffic for 2 1/2 hours on the way home -- thought i would leave early and come home -- little did I know there would be an accidental and a 15 mile back up ;)

Kind of shocked that Brooks lasted that long ! I mean last year wasn't he the #1 or #2 IDP pick ? He is old but IMO still has 2 more high level years in him and Tampa looks to rebound this year.

He should have to keep Cowart, he wasn't here so tough shat. I got stuck with Martin and you don't see me trying to take another player.

Hey -- he asked me if I wanted someone else -- so I said who I wanted.

I didn't ask him to replace the player so fock off bouve !

i can feel the love in here.

lol

;)

hey hey hey - instead of fighting, y'all can bash on me for taking Robinson this early....I actually would like opinions on that, as i believe he's in for a strong season in Minn opposite Moss. I have no idea where to grab him though - 3rd WR in the 12th seemed low enough, but in an IDP it's a tougher call...

I'm just saying the field needs to be even. Had I known that was an option, I would have used it.

If Moz would have taken Morgan or Delhomme, I would have said no. Henry got swiped out from under you scooter. If you'd suggested you wanted Rudi, then I would have had no problem with it.

Bouve seemed perfectly comfortable with Martin, and the draft had moved on several spots past him when he arrived. Moz missed by one drafter, came in and fixed a proxy. I think that upholds the integrity of the mock as long as he isn't forcing PIK/Blue to change picks.

In scooter's case, we all know he should have Henry. Grigs does on paper, but not in reality. It's not that complicated, and I make the rules. ;)

It's just a mock, btw. Whining isn't appreciated or helpful. Lists always solve these problems, I've practically begged for them, and had either of you used one, then this would be a non-issue. ;)

If Moz would have taken Morgan or Delhomme, I would have said no.  Henry got swiped out from under you scooter.  If you'd suggested you wanted Rudi, then I would have had no problem with it. 

Bouve seemed perfectly comfortable with Martin, and the draft had moved on several spots past him when he arrived.  Moz missed by one drafter, came in and fixed a proxy.  I think that upholds the integrity of the mock as long as he isn't forcing PIK/Blue to change picks. 

In scooter's case, we all know he should have Henry.  Grigs does on paper, but not in reality.  It's not that complicated, and I make the rules.  ;)

It's just a mock, btw.  Whining isn't appreciated or helpful.  Lists always solve these problems, I've practically begged for them, and had either of you used one, then this would be a non-issue.  ;)

;)

and it's not just a mock !

When I said and done I would like everyone to submit a starting line up to be used throughout the year and I will post post the point totals after the season !

Sure seems like alot of bickering over a mock, from the outside looking in you would think this is for big money. ;)

If people spent the amount of energy putting together lists as they do complaining...we'd probably be done by now.

It's just a mock, btw. Whining isn't appreciated or helpful. Lists always solve these problems, I've practically begged for them, and had either of you used one, then this would be a non-issue. ;)

I sent you a list for that Martin pick just as I sent you one for my round 2 pick.

But anyway, moving on. Make a pick for Grigs as apprently he has left.

I'm just saying the field needs to be even. Had I known that was an option, I would have used it.

The mock had passed you by several picks and you seemed fine with Martin. If you wanted someone unchosen, it was on you to speak up. I alerted Moz because it had "just" happened. In your case, it was old news.

Sorry, if this doesn't seem fair. I hate proxy picks. It's not something I enjoy, and I'd much rather Scooter have Travis, and Bouve have whoever he wanted over Martin. Neither is my fault. I'm equally glad Moz popped in soon enough to unproxy Cowart, and get Sharper. I'm done with the topic. Carry on...

It's just a mock, btw.  Whining isn't appreciated or helpful.  Lists always solve these problems, I've practically begged for them, and had either of you used one, then this would be a non-issue.  ;)

I sent you a list for that Martin pick just as I sent you one for my round 2 pick.

But anyway, moving on. Make a pick for Grigs as apprently he has left.

And I just asked him for a very short list. Give him a minute. Is it that hard to send three names? ;)

Anyway Bouve. I'm not deleting any lists, and I haven't received mail from you since this thing started. Why don't you try sending me a simple WTF or something just to see if there's an issue. Others are having no problems. (?)