Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Pats @ Chargers

Just because he's the QB doesn't mean he led that team. The defense led that team to those 3 titles, and Brady doesn't have the receivers he used to. Bring me more dumb fuckin stats like that and I will come up with a way to turn them into ###### all day, geek.

Ummmm... I believe that I was responding to your initial post with the "dumb fuckin stats". Remember? Brady has 3 more picks than Rivers, so he is more likely to cost his team this week's game. Why do I get the feeling that I'm debating this with a 12 year old. :)

Just because he's the QB doesn't mean he led that team. The defense led that team to those 3 titles, and Brady doesn't have the receivers he used to. Bring me more dumb fuckin stats like that and I will come up with a way to turn them into ###### all day, geek.

If only he could get back David Patten, he would be all set.

:ninja:

Guest JahRasta311

If only he could get back David Patten, he would be all set.

:wub:

lol, i was more thinking along the lines of Deion Branch, but yea, him too.

lol, i was more thinking along the lines of Deion Branch, but yea, him too.

Yeah, Deion Branch who cost the Seahawks a game by dropping four passes? Deion Branch who had something like 50 catches for 800 yards and 4 TDs this year? Jesus, the guy is a pretty good mid-tier receiver, not Jerry freaking Rice. Reche Caldwell did as good as Deion Branch for the Patriots this year, and at a whole hell of a lot less money.

Oh yeah, we gotta first round pick out of it too. :wub:

Guest JahRasta311

Yeah, Deion Branch who cost the Seahawks a game by dropping four passes? Deion Branch who had something like 50 catches for 800 yards and 4 TDs this year? Jesus, the guy is a pretty good mid-tier receiver, not Jerry freaking Rice. Reche Caldwell did as good as Deion Branch for the Patriots this year, and at a whole hell of a lot less money.

Oh yeah, we gotta first round pick out of it too. :wub:

lol what game did he cost them, was it the SD game cuz the rain might have had a little something to do with those drops.

deion branch didnt play for nearly half a season dipshit, way to go on those stats. see you on sunday :D

deion branch didnt play for nearly half a season dipshit, way to go on those stats. see you on sunday :wub:

"Nearly half a season"? He played in 14 games this year. When did they move the season up to 28 games?

Guest JahRasta311

"Nearly half a season"? He played in 14 games this year. When did they move the season up to 28 games?

ok he didnt start for nearly half the season. took him til week 7 to see any real action.

ok he didnt start for nearly half the season. took him til week 7 to see any real action.

Wrong again. He was officially listed as a starter in 13 games this year.

Maybe you should just sit this one out? :wub:

Guest JahRasta311

Maybe you should just sit this one out? :wub:

1 game off, i didnt know they listed him as a started in week 5.

bottom line is he didnt play a full season so shut the ###### up.

Maybe you should just sit this one out? :thumbsup:

:doublethumbsup: Stop kicking the snot out of him.

***!@#%##@@*** :cry: :thumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

I'm betting this guy is a Lions fan and he just got tired of losing. He created this alias so he could see what its like to cheer for a playoff team.

:thumbsup:

Brady had 3 more picks than Rivers this season...Brady is more likely to cost someone the game if anyone.

:doublethumbsup: WOW, simply retarded. No other possible words can explain it.

*** I posted this response on another thread but it was sooo good that I had to place it here too. Just in case anyone has lost their mind, the game is over and so is the post-season. The other teams should just forfeit now.... why chance injury? Teams should enjoy the regular season and make their millions, I would. The Pats will win this SB and the next 20++ SB's without a hitch. They have the "recipe" for success. Read it below!!! ***

Here's the recipe:

- Prepare 1 scheming coach and one solid if unspectacular QB

- Mix with no-name WR's and 6th round draft pick defensive players some of which have strokes.

- Douse the mix with a few tablespoons of BORING to ensure consistency.

- Strain or remove any signs of excitement, stardom, or energy as this would spoil the flavor.

- Combine ingredients and simmer over low-talent

- Wait for the opponents ingredients to self-destruct and burn

*** Feel free to add some obscure seasonings like Tuck-rule pepper, FG kicker juice, or "the other team fumbled" oil. ***

Bake for 16 games, serves about 18-20 Super Bowl Championships

:doh: :wacko: :first:

bottom line is he didnt play a full season so shut the ###### up.

Deion Branch never plays a full season.

that's part of why NE wouldn't pay him "Reggie Wayne" money.

HTH!

Deion really tore up that Dallas secondary.

It will be interesting to see what kind of scheme BB and company can come up with to try and shut down LT, and how successful it will be. Would be nice to have Harrison in the lineup. If they can put the game in Rivers hands I like their chances, though Gates could still be huge off play-action. Should be a heck of a game.

*** I posted this response on another thread but it was sooo good that I had to place it here too. Just in case anyone has lost their mind, the game is over and so is the post-season. The other teams should just forfeit now.... why chance injury? Teams should enjoy the regular season and make their millions, I would. The Pats will win this SB and the next 20++ SB's without a hitch. They have the "recipe" for success. Read it below!!! ***

Here's the recipe:

- Prepare 1 scheming coach and one solid if unspectacular QB

- Mix with no-name WR's and 6th round draft pick defensive players some of which have strokes.

- Douse the mix with a few tablespoons of BORING to ensure consistency.

- Strain or remove any signs of excitement, stardom, or energy as this would spoil the flavor.

- Combine ingredients and simmer over low-talent

- Wait for the opponents ingredients to self-destruct and burn

*** Feel free to add some obscure seasonings like Tuck-rule pepper, FG kicker juice, or "the other team fumbled" oil. ***

Bake for 16 games, serves about 18-20 Super Bowl Championships

:cheers: :dunno: :dunno:

I posted this in another thread, it was so good I had to reply here too...

:brokenrecord: :lol:

Ummmm... I believe that I was responding to your initial post with the "dumb fuckin stats". Remember? Brady has 3 more picks than Rivers, so he is more likely to cost his team this week's game. Why do I get the feeling that I'm debating this with a 12 year old. :dunno:

Nah he's not 12 years old he's 21.... sure acts/speaks like a 21 year old though :dunno:

C'mon folks we all know Tom Brady didn't lead the Patriots to 3 Bowls... :thumbsup:

Guest JahRasta311

Nah he's not 12 years old he's 21.... sure acts/speaks like a 21 year old though :P

C'mon folks we all know Tom Brady didn't lead the Patriots to 3 Bowls... :banana:

watch on sunday, i guarantee you brady turns the ball over more times than rivers.

I know its a pipe dream, but sweet jesus I hope the Pats beat the Chargers. Then the Pats can come to Bmore and get their heads handed to them. :lol:

Guest JahRasta311

anyone remember last time the Pats and Chargers played? who won? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

anyone remember the last time the Chargers lost a game?

anyone remember last time the 2006 Chargers played in the playoffs?

anyone remember last time the Pats and Chargers played? who won? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

anyone remember the last time the Chargers lost a game?

1963 - San Diego Chargers 51, Boston Patriots 10

Guest JahRasta311

1963 - San Diego Chargers 51, Boston Patriots 10

lol, was actually referring to their meeting last season...when we spanked them and then Brady cried because Schottenheimer tried to give them an excuse for losing.

watch on sunday, i guarantee you brady turns the ball over more times than rivers.

I never said he wouldn't dude.... I'm actually hoping SD wins so I can enjoy the Baltimore vs SD match-up in 2 weeks....

Just no need to diss Brady like that, your boy Rivers dreams of accomplishing 1/3 of what Brady has done so far in his short career

Guest JahRasta311

I never said he wouldn't dude.... I'm actually hoping SD wins so I can enjoy the Baltimore vs SD match-up in 2 weeks....

Just no need to diss Brady like that, your boy Rivers dreams of accomplishing 1/3 of what Brady has done so far in his short career

ok well Rivers is just getting his first shot in the NFL, so if we win the bowl this year and keep our team together, my guess is that Rivers has just as much of a shot as winning a few bowls.

also, what makes you think that the colts don't have what it takes to beat the ravens?

lol, was actually referring to their meeting last season...when we spanked them and then Brady cried because Schottenheimer tried to give them an excuse for losing.

oooOOOOOOOooooooo......my bad :)

Guest JahRasta311

oooOOOOOOOooooooo......my bad :)

it happens, dont beat yourself up about it.

also, what makes you think that the colts don't have what it takes to beat the ravens?

I would never say a team has no chance to beat a team in the NFL.... only a moron would do that :)

But I'm going by what I feel.... I watch every team play every single week and The Colts have done this twice in a row now where they look dominant at home and their defense looks like they're really back to form, then they go on the road and lose..... They smashed Philly then went to Tennessee and lost..... Then they shut down Cinci's offense and then went to Houston and lost..... they've lost their last 4 road games to Dallas, Jax, Tennessee and Houston... they're just a different team on the road I just don't think they can go into Baltimore and beat them is all.... could i be wrong ? of course..... Do I think I will be wrong ? No.... That's why they play the games....

(Stole this from Sportsguy) But it is very true.

All I ask SD Fans is this. When they show a split screen on Sunday with Marty on one side and BB on the other ask yourselves who you want your money on? Just do not see how your great team gets past the rookie QB, and your rookie Coach, (And I do not want to hear the Marty does not call the plays nonsense; this is not Florida State where Bobby Bowden takes a nap during practice)

Better hope LT runs for 200....

Do not see any other way SD beats Brady and Bill. :doublethumbsup:

Hey JahRasta311,

I was trying to stay out of this but, enough is enough! Statistics can be deceiving so you need to look at the substance behind those stats. Yes! Brady has thrown 3 more picks than Rivers with a few more attempts but, the Pats offense depends on Bradys production and teams scheme around stopping Brady. Rivers is an after thought in San Diego's offense which is rightly centered around LT. Rivers will obviously be presented with a less challenging defense against the pass. Does that mean he can't do it if the pressure were put on him? No! He did perform admirably this year when forced to a few times but the palyoffs are a different animal. Brady's been there and Rivers has not. Common sense would indicate if it came down to Brady verses Rivers then LT was neutralized and I'd like the Pats chances. If the game goes as the Chargers will design it then LT is the man with Rivers playing a small part. Brady is the man on the NE side and therefore is at risk at more turnovers from the onset.

You would also be making a big mistake looking at last years game as the proof of what is to come. When the Pats played SD last year they were struggling with a lot of injuries and Reche Caldwell (then with SD) said they knew going into that game that NE was beaten up and took advantage of it. I think that game will help the Pats to scheme against SD and may hurt SD if they approach things similarly as last year.

Your obviously a SD homer and loyal to your team but take off the colored glasses for a moment. I personally think the chargers are a more talented team and if they play to their potential will win. But, I believe the Pats will play their best game and if SD leaves an opening then they will make SD pay. Good luck!

If Schotty is smart, he'll run some play-action very early on and test the Harrison-less Patriots deep utilizing the size of Gates and Jackson down the field. We'll see what happens, but it should be a great game.

Guest JahRasta311

Hey JahRasta311,

I was trying to stay out of this but, enough is enough! Statistics can be deceiving so you need to look at the substance behind those stats. Yes! Brady has thrown 3 more picks than Rivers with a few more attempts but, the Pats offense depends on Bradys production and teams scheme around stopping Brady. Rivers is an after thought in San Diego's offense which is rightly centered around LT. Rivers will obviously be presented with a less challenging defense against the pass. Does that mean he can't do it if the pressure were put on him? No! He did perform admirably this year when forced to a few times but the palyoffs are a different animal. Brady's been there and Rivers has not. Common sense would indicate if it came down to Brady verses Rivers then LT was neutralized and I'd like the Pats chances. If the game goes as the Chargers will design it then LT is the man with Rivers playing a small part. Brady is the man on the NE side and therefore is at risk at more turnovers from the onset.

You would also be making a big mistake looking at last years game as the proof of what is to come. When the Pats played SD last year they were struggling with a lot of injuries and Reche Caldwell (then with SD) said they knew going into that game that NE was beaten up and took advantage of it. I think that game will help the Pats to scheme against SD and may hurt SD if they approach things similarly as last year.

Your obviously a SD homer and loyal to your team but take off the colored glasses for a moment. I personally think the chargers are a more talented team and if they play to their potential will win. But, I believe the Pats will play their best game and if SD leaves an opening then they will make SD pay. Good luck!

SD has more than enough weapons to beat New England with the pass. New England was 11th worst against the pass this season. Shut down LT and we have 2 good possession receivers in McCardell and Eric Parker, we still have the best tight end in the game right now, and we have a serious deep threat in Vincent Jackson, something we have lacked in previous years. To say that you think New England's defense can shut down the Charger's offense better than the Charger's defense can shut down NE's O, you're just being ignorant.

I only brought up stats like last year's game, brady's INT's, and such because of the idiotic stats about the pats in the playoffs, Marty's playoff record, and other things that mean just as little. Quit comparing the Chargers to past Charger teams, and quit comparing the Chargers to other teams Marty has coached.

:dunno: no

Guest JahRasta311

:dunno: no

thank you!

my point exactly.

That would be wise to get Gates involved early and build confidence in Rivers. I think they have to be careful not to get away from what they do best and get out of sinc. Honestly, I believe it is more difficult for SD to change their approach than it is the Pats. SD is more conservative (it works!) and the Pats are built on diversity and changing schemes. Marty is conservative and I think they will toss in a few high percentage pass plays for Rivers to loosen him up while putting the game in Rivers hands. There good enough to make that work. But, if the Pats can slow down LT, I think the Pats will have SD right where they want them. I just don't think the Pats have an answer for Merriman (like none for Jason Taylor) and I cannot think of what the Pats can do against their Defense. If SD scores more than 20 then Pats lose. If SD scores less than 20 then its anyones game.

JahRasta311,

Where did I say the the Pats defense can better shutdown the SD defense? I am not calling you ignorant so I would appreciate the same in return. You are correct on your receiving talent and Jackson is a good young talent. I confirmed the better talent is on the side of SD. But, Belicheck always and successfully schemes to stop the run and put Qb's (especially young one's) in positions to have to win the game. If LT runs well, its a moot point and it could get ugly for the Pats. If not, it could be interesting and we'll see (jury is still out) if Rivers can pull it off. I believe I am giving credit to an excellent SD team and my friend it seems you have little for the Pats. I hope the SD players feel similarly!

Guest JahRasta311

JahRasta311,

Where did I say the the Pats defense can better shutdown the SD defense? I am not calling you ignorant so I would appreciate the same in return. You are correct on your receiving talent and Jackson is a good young talent. I confirmed the better talent is on the side of SD. But, Belicheck always and successfully schemes to stop the run and put Qb's (especially young one's) in positions to have to win the game. If LT runs well, its a moot point and it could get ugly for the Pats. If not, it could be interesting and we'll see (jury is still out) if Rivers can pull it off. I believe I am giving credit to an excellent SD team and my friend it seems you have little for the Pats. I hope the SD players feel similarly!

I meant that as more of a general comment to the people who believe the Pats will win this game, but it came out towards you.

If Leon Washington can find room to run against the Pats then I think LT will find his, unless of course they stack the box every play, and then Rivers will beat them in one on one coverage.

Pats didn't convince me that they are anything special in the game against the Jets. The Jets lost that game more than the Pats won it. Botched lateral and a stupid pick, if the Jets had scored a TD instead of kicking a FG on their last scoring drive they were within a field goal. That was with 5 minutes left, the pressure of being behind with time running out proved to be too much for them.

No doubt the Chargers will respect the Patriots more than I am. Thats because they won't want to blow it on what could be their easiest game in these playoffs (if not the super bowl). The only decent teams the Pats beat this year were Chicago and Cincy, they lost to the dolphins!?!?!? the jets!?!?!? and the broncos who SD had no problem beating twice this season. I respect their achievements in previous years, but it's 2007 now and it's the Chargers time.

SD has more than enough weapons to beat New England with the pass. New England was 11th worst against the pass this season. Shut down LT and we have 2 good possession receivers in McCardell and Eric Parker, we still have the best tight end in the game right now, and we have a serious deep threat in Vincent Jackson, something we have lacked in previous years. To say that you think New England's defense can shut down the Charger's offense better than the Charger's defense can shut down NE's O, you're just being ignorant.

New England had a better rush defense and a better pass defense throughout the year, and had the better pass offense . You'll just have to try and forgive us for thinking they might have a chance against the all-mighty Chargers. :banana: