Sign in to follow this  
Q.Lazzarus

House votes to repeal oil industry tax breaks!

:banana: Can't wait to pay more for gas :banana:

Blaming the house for high gas prices is ridiculous. Why should the oil giants get tax breaks? Fat Bastard and the rest of his cronies are making plenty of money.

who do think is going to pay for it, then? if you think those taxes won't be passed on to you and me, you're in for a surprise.

Blaming the house for high gas prices is ridiculous. Why should the oil giants get tax breaks? Fat Bastard and the rest of his cronies are making plenty of money.

Agreed. It's hard for me to buy off that a pass-through is required when Big Oil has recorded record profits bigger than most countries' GDP's. They benefitted like a sombiitch from the tax breaks - and I don't recall gas prices going DOWN. I don't recall their profits going DOWN (instead - 'record profits').

who do think is going to pay for it, then? if you think those taxes won't be passed on to you and me, you're in for a surprise.

Pay for what? You think they aren't going to make ends meet without those tax breaks? :banana:

Oil is a global commodity and the price is a function of global demand. I guaranfockingtee they are charging every penny they think they can today, and any tax breaks they might be getting don't alter that one iota.

who do think is going to pay for it, then?

Not me - I walk to work! :banana:

and you never fly anyplace for vacation, or drive your car to vermont? or ride a bus? they'll find a way to getcha.

i smell a veto (or filibuster in da senate) looming#@!#@ :banana: :lol:

:banana: Can't wait to pay more for gas :lol:

Agreed. But at the same time, oil companies paying more taxes means a better chance for middle class tax breaks, and the difference will be made up with people who buy more gas ending up paying more, as it should be.

i smell a veto (or filibuster in da senate) looming#@!#@ :banana: :lol:

A veto here would be awesome! It would pretty much be Bush just saying "FOCK IT! I'm not even going to pretend to care anymore." ;)