Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

Abortion. I just dont get it.

As far as the government is concerned, marriage is just a legal document with tax implications. Why would anyone want to make it difficult for people to legally divorsed?

Tell that to the people opposing gay marriage with the "protecting the sanctity of marriage" crap. :huh:

Tell that to the people opposing gay marriage with the "protecting the sanctity of marriage" crap.

Which is exactly why I don't oppose that. When the churches start holding gay marriage cerimonies, then I can understand the outcry.

Tell that to the people opposing gay marriage with the "protecting the sanctity of marriage" crap. :huh:

Seriously. I love that argument. "Protecting the sanctity of marriage" is like "defending Paris Hilton's Virginity". :dunno:

Seriously. I love that argument. "Protecting the sanctity of marriage" is like "defending Paris Hilton's Virginity". :wacko:

Did anyone notice the gays calling for legislation that essentially says that heterosexuals need to procreate (for you dumbasses, that means have kids) or the marriage should be annulled (for the dumbasses, that means it never happened)?

Well Said. And I completely disagree. Which is fine. This is the basic disagreement between the two sides and is where people will rarely change their views. So agree to disagree I guess.

For real, I appreciate the agree to disagree. I understand being pro life if you believe "life" however you want to define it begins at conception. It's not my belief but I can respect an intellectually honest argument that I don't agree with. I'm not a real diehard pro choice person - I have a big issue with late term abortion and like I said, at my age and station in life if I got any woman preggers I'd certainly have the kid and care for him/her. There's some common ground here.

Fetuses don't have rights. HTH

Hmmm if my memory serves me right, there was a time in this country when blacks didn't have rights either... As a matter of fact, they were only 3/5 a person, were they not?

the whole debate is laughable...everyone knows abortion is wrong. take your "choice" and stick it up your ass. baby killers.

the whole debate is laughable...everyone knows abortion is wrong. take your "choice" and stick it up your ass. baby killers.

This from a guy who defends torture and a needless war that's resulted in about 50,000 dead civilians.

Take your moral equivolency and stick it up your ass.

Hmmm if my memory serves me right, there was a time in this country when blacks didn't have rights either... As a matter of fact, they were only 3/5 a person, were they not?

Birds don't have human rights either. And some of them can talk!

This from a guy who defends torture and a needless war that's resulted in about 50,000 dead civilians.

Take your moral equivolency and stick it up your ass.

link to me defending torture? as i recall, i just got pissed that sissy liberal poosays like yourself were so quick to judge the actions of our troops while focking scumbag terrorists were beheading people. "needless" is your opinion.

I don't know that. So you're wrong.

*Poof* Watches porksmutt's credibility go up in flames :thumbsup:

a torridjoe quote.

:wub:

LINK!!!!! And if you provide one I'm deleting that post :cry:

No. Blacks always had rights. We just chose to ignore them. If you want to argue that a fetus, with no ability to speak or even worse the ability to pull a plow through a field, should have rights go ahead. However, as it stands today they don't have rights and until they learn to pull a plow I don't think they should!!!! That's my position and I'm sticking to it!!!

Like I always say when it comes up, I've never really cared too much about this issue. As I type this I look over at my 6 1/2 month pregant wife napping in bed, peaceful, cuddling her favorite stuffed animal- a mouse, and I couldn't imagine anybody wanting an abortion. I was thinking more about abortion when we had our pregnancy scare in October when she was only two months pregnant and there was a potentially dangerous situation. Our baby had attached very near the exit of the fallopean tube -was it in or out or partway out- ultrasounds were inconclusive. I was real, real traumatized that the doctors would recommend an abortion. Just terrified, but it turned out OK.

I spend every week now tracking the development of the baby, I feel it kick, and I'm just super protective of my wife and the baby. And I'm starting to have more sympathy for the pro-life crowd than I ever did before.

Then I look at Portugal's recent vote, just yesterday, 59% voting to allow abortion. Apparently, women and doctors wind up going to prison for abortions there and many illegal abortions go on or women go to Spain to have the procedure. Then of course if women carry the baby to term, they have to take care of it. You have substance abusers giving birth. So if you ban it these things happen.

Seems to me there's no easy anwers.

On 2/7/2007 at 9:28 PM, VikesFan said:

The first mistake with Roe V Wade was the federal government (or SCOTUS in this case) taking the constitutional authority away from the states, which is specifically granted them in the Bill of Rights.

Pro-choicers, one question. By what reasoning do you conclude that the rights of the mother trump the rights of the unborn baby?

:thumbsup: