Sign in to follow this  
davebg

Saw Ghost Rider this weekend...

...and it sucked even more than I thought it would.

One of the wost superhero movies I've seen in recent years. I almost walked out.

Bad acting, bad story...not even greta effects. Other than when he was zooming along on his bike, the Ghost Rider looked cheesey.

I know, I know...what did I expect? Not much, to be honest w/you, but I'm a comic book fan. I head over to the comic book shop every Wed when the new issues come out...have a collection of thousands of comics at home. Ghost Rider is one of my faves. If anyone was going to forgive the crappiness of such a movie, it would be me. So, if I'm telling you it sucked, it REALLY must have sucked.

Even worse than Daredevil?

IMO MUCH worse than Daredevil.

As a comic book fan there were at least some parts of Daredevil that I liked.

Ghost Rider? Nada.

i knew Arnold should have played ghostrider...

I would have preferred Arnold's quasi-English to Cage's quasi-Elvis persona.

Don't worry - before you know it it will be July 4, and your eyes and ears will be alive with the sensory wonderland that is The Transformers. B)

Don't worry - before you know it it will be July 4, and your eyes and ears will be alive with the sensory wonderland that is The Transformers. B)

I have much higher hopes for that movie being as Spielberg is attached to it.

Ever since the success of Spiderman, Marvel seems to have been hoaring its properties out to make one craptastic movie after another.

Daredevil + Elektra + Punisher +Fantastic Four + Hulk + Ghost Rider = Half dozen piles of dogsh|t

Even worse than Daredevil?

First thing that went through my mind too! Let's see, you're a blind lawyer....

best part of that movie was jen garner B)

Guest Davaco

would you reccommend it for its trainwreck value? B)

Ever since the success of Spiderman, Marvel seems to have been hoaring its properties out to make one craptastic movie after another.

Daredevil + Elektra + Punisher +Fantastic Four + Hulk + Ghost Rider = Half dozen piles of dogsh|t

Of course the Spiderman movies were very good. But you need to stop comparing some of the other comic book movies to that kind of expectation.

Daredevil and Punisher were better than average.

Elektra was watchable.

Fantastic Four and Hulk sucked.

would you reccommend it for its trainwreck value? B)

Not even for Eva Mendez...she wears way too much clothing.

Of course the Spiderman movies were very good. But you need to stop comparing some of the other comic book movies to that kind of expectation.

Daredevil and Punisher were better than average.

Elektra was watchable.

Fantastic Four and Hulk sucked.

As I said earlier, there were parts of Daredevil that I liked. If not for my instinctual revulsion of all things Afflec, I might have even said it was pretty good.

As a fan of the comic, I was not really happy w/Punisher, likely b/c the Punisher comics are WAY too dark of a set of material for a mainstream movie that isn't rated R.

Elektra...I couldn't even get myself to watch it once all the way thru.

Fantastic Four...campy and crappy, but they're making a new one w/the Silver Surfer, so I'm sure I'll go see it. Silver Surfer has always been one of my all-time faves and where there's a Silver Surfer usually Galactus isn't far behind. The FF taking on the Devourer of Worlds (w/out all that origin backstory gunk) could be highly entertaining.

Hulk...BAD...MOVIE...SUCK...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Not even for Eva Mendez...she wears way too much clothing.

As I said earlier, there were parts of Daredevil that I liked. If not for my instinctual revulsion of all things Afflec, I might have even said it was pretty good.

As a fan of the comic, I was not really happy w/Punisher, likely b/c the Punisher comics are WAY too dark of a set of material for a mainstream movie that isn't rated R.

Elektra...I couldn't even get myself to watch it once all the way thru.

Fantastic Four...campy and crappy, but they're making a new one w/the Silver Surfer, so I'm sure I'll go see it. Silver Surfer has always been one of my all-time faves and where there's a Silver Surfer usually Galactus isn't far behind. The FF taking on the Devourer of Worlds (w/out all that origin backstory gunk) could be highly entertaining.

Hulk...BAD...MOVIE...SUCK...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I watched those movies with an open mind, as I never got into collecting comic books. The Punisher was still a dark movie, and pretty good overall, if you don't read the comics. The ending was decently dark.

I liked Daredevil, and don't understand the hatred for it from so many. Sure, Affleck is not a good actor, but he manages to appear in a bunch of either great movies or high grossing movies. Maybe he is just lucky, but he hasn't hurt the Kevin Smith movies at all. I though Daredevil has an interesting supporting cast with Colin Farrell, Jennifer Garner, Michael Clark Duncan, and Joe Pantaliano. I thought they all did a pretty decent job with their roles.

I'll probably end up catching Ghost Rider at some point. Nicholas Cage is hit or miss. As bad as he was in movies like Con Air and Snake Eyes, despite great casts, he is quirky enough to do well in movies like Bringing Out the Dead, Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, etc.

B)

I watched those movies with an open mind, as I never got into collecting comic books. The Punisher was still a dark movie, and pretty good overall, if you don't read the comics. The ending was decently dark.

I liked Daredevil, and don't understand the hatred for it from so many. Sure, Affleck is not a good actor, but he manages to appear in a bunch of either great movies or high grossing movies. Maybe he is just lucky, but he hasn't hurt the Kevin Smith movies at all. I though Daredevil has an interesting supporting cast with Colin Farrell, Jennifer Garner, Michael Clark Duncan, and Joe Pantaliano. I thought they all did a pretty decent job with their roles.

I'll probably end up catching Ghost Rider at some point. Nicholas Cage is hit or miss. As bad as he was in movies like Con Air and Snake Eyes, despite great casts, he is quirky enough to do well in movies like Bringing Out the Dead, Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, etc.

:wub:

Yes, I definitely go into these movies w/less of an open mind due to me reading the comics. But I'm not such a geek/fanboy that I sit there pointing out the minute differences between the movie and the events of issue #XYZ either. I understand that they are trying to appeal to a broader audience too.

I agree w/what you have to say about Daredevil. I too think that it gets dissed way more than it deserves.

The Punisher was dark, but not nearly dark enough for me. The comic is under Marvel's "Max" imprint, which is their adult line of comics. There was no way they were going to do the character of the comics justice in the movies. I likely would have enjoyed the movie more had I not seen it w/a preconceived notion of who Frank Castle is.

As for Cage and his "quirkiness"...it just fails miserably in Ghost Rider. Cage's performance is IMO one of the worst parts of the movie.

I was a fan of the comic for a couple years in college. He's one of my favorite superheros. I thought the movie started out well, but then got cheesier as it went along. I thought the villian was lame. What was his name, "Bullseye" or something like that?

There were times I found it entertaining, but was disappointed overall. I guess maybe I was hoping for Spiderman type quality, or even Xmen, which was probably expecting too much.

I was a fan of the comic for a couple years in college. He's one of my favorite superheros. I thought the movie started out well, but then got cheesier as it went along. I thought the villian was lame. What was his name, "Bullseye" or something like that?

There were times I found it entertaining, but was disappointed overall. I guess maybe I was hoping for Spiderman type quality, or even Xmen, which was probably expecting too much.

Um...I can't imagine you were that much of a fan of the comic if you don't know who Bullseye is. He's one of Daredevil's arch enemies. That's kind of like saying you're a fan of Batman, but don't know who the Penguin is. :wub:

Um...I can't imagine you were that much of a fan of the comic if you don't know who Bullseye is. He's one of Daredevil's arch enemies. That's kind of like saying you're a fan of Batman, but don't know who the Penguin is. :dunno:

I bought it for a year or 2. I thought the daredevil character himself was really interesting. I don't remember the Bulleye character in the issues I read. I don't know if it was bulleye tatoo on his head or what, but I just thought he was kind of a silly character. I suppose you could say that about any of the characters, though. I'm not an expert on comics by any means. I got into them briefly in college before I decided they were too expensive for the amount of reading I got out of them.

I actually enjoyed the Punisher. :(

me too. I was gonna finish reading this thread before I chimed in.

But then again, I'm not a comic book buff. I'm not sure that I've ever even owned a comic in my life.

I enjoyed the superman/spiderman movies, and liked the punisher...

All these new movies that come out about the super heros from comics, I usually have no clue they are comic book heros. I just assume they are made up heros. :wub: :dunno:

Don't worry - before you know it it will be July 4, and your eyes and ears will be alive with the sensory wonderland that is The Transformers. :dunno:

"Are you looking for a good transformers site? Because at cars2bots.com you can get an avatar of your picture morphed to look like a robot."

I actually enjoyed the Punisher. :thumbsup:

the punisher had its moments....

the movie had me until the end when travolta was dragged through the parking lot and the blown up cars made the skull "punisher" logo...

i saw this in the theater and my friend and i literally cracked up at that point... could not help but laugh at that cheesy effect...

the rest of the movie was ok...

the punisher had its moments....

the movie had me until the end when travolta was dragged through the parking lot and the blown up cars made the skull "punisher" logo...

i saw this in the theater and my friend and i literally cracked up at that point... could not help but laugh at that cheesy effect...

the rest of the movie was ok...

Punisher ruled. Good acting, good plot, good characters - excellent action scenes.

That skull thing was a little over the top, but it was a good film all in all - one of the better comic-to-cinema translations, IMO.

Punisher ruled. Good acting, good plot, good characters - excellent action scenes.

That skull thing was a little over the top, but it was a good film all in all - one of the better comic-to-cinema translations, IMO.

The fight scene with the big russian was very cool.

The fight scene with the big russian was very cool.

Former WWE Wrestler Kevin Nash (aka Deisel). :D

Will it be worth buying for an 11 year old boy when it comes out on dvd? Or should I just put that 20 towards another playstation game?

How exactly does any post talking about the best moments of "The Punisher" NOT include in the very first sentence - Rebecca Romijn?

:love:

Will it be worth buying for an 11 year old boy when it comes out on dvd? Or should I just put that 20 towards another playstation game?

Game

I head over to the comic book shop every Wed when the new issues come out...have a collection of thousands of comics at home.

do the ladies dig your big comic books?

How exactly does any post talking about the best moments of "The Punisher" NOT include in the very first sentence - Rebecca Romijn?

:love:

despite hotness, she is TERRIBLE in that and every other movie. Punisher was very solid. I dont like the spiderman movies. I like X-men (all three). Daredevil, Hulk, F4, and elektra all sucked.

I am not a comic book guy, its one of the realms of nerddom I missed

despite hotness, she is TERRIBLE in that and every other movie. Punisher was very solid. I dont like the spiderman movies. I like X-men (all three). Daredevil, Hulk, F4, and elektra all sucked.

I am not a comic book guy, its one of the realms of nerddom I missed

She was badaxx in X-Men. You know not of what you speak. :cheers:

If Ghost Rider is even worse than Daredevil NO THANKS! Daredevil was the suck! Terrible casting - Affleck sucked and WTF was with making Bullseye irish and Kingpin black??? Heavy handed, lousy action scenes, just bastardized the whole mythos - that movie blew worse than some of the Batman ones.

If Ghost Rider is even worse than Daredevil NO THANKS! Daredevil was the suck! Terrible casting - Affleck sucked and WTF was with making Bullseye irish and Kingpin black??? Heavy handed, lousy action scenes, just bastardized the whole mythos - that movie blew worse than some of the Batman ones.

You're one of those snobby clueless independent film fans.

A brilliant movie is all about a bunch of gay cowboys standing around, eating chocolate pudding, then having sex with each other. And their related. And it's a foreign film. And no dubbing, but subtitles. :doh: :wacko:

You're one of those snobby clueless independent film fans.

A brilliant movie is all about a bunch of gay cowboys standing around, eating chocolate pudding, then having sex with each other. And their related. And it's a foreign film. And no dubbing, but subtitles. :mad: :mad:

I liked both Spiderman movies, Batman Begins and the X-Men series. Daredevil was the suck and you have no taste. Also, your quote about gay cowboys and pudding was funnier when I first hear it on South Park, you redundent stupid fock.

HTH. :ninja: