Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Federer > Woods

Honestly, I didn't watch Jack golf much and i'm assuming neither did you. I don't know how dominant he was.

I've watched Federer play in each of his 11 grand slam wins (in 4 years) and Tiger in each of his 12 (in 10 years).

Federer is more dominant in his sport than Tiger. (right now and over the last year, when I made the thread)

In other words, you cannot actually answer his questions...and just think the Tennis is harder because of the physical aspect you keep coming back to...(even that has never been the argument in question).

In other words, you cannot actually answer his questions...and just think the Tennis is harder because of the physical aspect you keep coming back to...(even that has never been the argument in question).

Federer has been to 9 grand slam title finals in a row, the previous record was 5.

Federe has been to all 3 majord this year winning 2.

Tiger hasn't even won a major this year.

My argument keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Federer has been to 9 grand slam title finals in a row, the previous record was 5.

Federer does not have the same depth of competition that Tiger has. That is why he is in every grand slam final, there aren't any players to threaten him. What Tiger is doing and has done in golf is absolutely amazing. He is dominating a sport that should not be able to be dominated by any one person anymore. And yes, he is dominating the sport whether you want to believe it or not.

Pete Sampras won 14 grand slams over 12 years.

Jack Nicklaus won 18 grand slams over 24 years.

Jack won a grand slam when he was 44? give me a break. Tennis is a way more demanding sport.

Pete > jack

another thing i forgot to respond to... how do you figure pete was more dominating than jack... i guess this just shows that you aren't that familiar with either sport...

jack with 18 majors... the next closest before tiger was walter hagen with 11

sampras on the other hand won 14... the next closest guy before federer was borg with 11...

it's not even close...

nicklaus >>> sampras

Federer does not have the same depth of competition that Tiger has. That is why he is in every grand slam final, there aren't any players to threaten him. What Tiger is doing and has done in golf is absolutely amazing. He is dominating a sport that should not be able to be dominated by any one person anymore. And yes, he is dominating the sport whether you want to believe it or not.

How come no tennis player has ever done it before? NO ONE, EVER, IN ANY ERA! :first:

Yeah, LOOK AT THAT DEPTH IN GOLF!! Angel Cabrera :lol: Zack Johnson :lol: Padraig Harrington :lol:

Bunch of WORLD BEATERS! :Mr-T:

ed, dude, I am not sure I could pick Roger Federer out of a lineup. What has he done to transcend the game?

Do I really need to go into what Tiger has done for golf?

seriously :doublethumbsup:

How come no tennis player has ever done it before? NO ONE, EVER, IN ANY ERA! :overhead:

Yeah, LOOK AT THAT DEPTH IN GOLF!! Angel Cabrera :lol: Zack Johnson :lol: Padraig Harrington :lol:

Bunch of WORLD BEATERS! :doublethumbsup:

[/quote

Nobody has ever done it before because of the competition. Why is this concept so hard for you to understand? There aren't any other players.

ed, dude, I am not sure I could pick Roger Federer out of a lineup. What has he done to transcend the game?

Do I really need to go into what Tiger has done for golf?

seriously :music_guitarred:

you don't watch tennis, so that makes it less relevant?

try reading this thread.

and Federer hasn't used steroids to better his performance..

You continue to avoid the true parts of this argument...as usual.

How come no tennis player has ever done it before? NO ONE, EVER, IN ANY ERA! :sleep:

Bunch of WORLD BEATERS!

We are not saying he is not dominant...nobody is trying to say that.

But...maybe because the competition as at its weakest of any era in Tennis.

Yeah...Padraig is terrible. :doublethumbsup:

Seriously...the depth in golf is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than that in Tennis.

try reading this thread.

Well, if you want to take the talk to which sport is more relevant...Golf will kill Tennis in that respect too.

You know for a fact that Federer is clean and Tiger has used? :doublethumbsup:

Tiger looked just fine this weekend.

And I forgot who made the comment that Tiger could not win tourneys where the score was at or near Par...I guess that is still true since he finished 8 under...then again, he was the only person to finish under par. (after being behind after 3 rounds...)

:wacko:

Find Member's Posts Jul 31 2007, 09:00 AM Post #250

Find Member's Posts Jul 31 2007, 09:02 AM Post #251

Find Member's Posts Jul 31 2007, 09:03 AM Post #252

Find Member's Posts Today, 12:13 PM Post #253

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Sho Nuff.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Sho Nuff

WOW. talk about issues.

:doublethumbsup:

WOW. talk about issues.

Yup...someone who continues to post that he is "ignoring" someone has some serious issues.

Someone call the Dr, this boy needs help.

i'd say last weekend was a pretty dominating performance by tiger... came back from 8 down... the rest of the field just crumbled as they saw him leading the charge...

on a lighter note anyone seen that gilette commercial with tiger, federer and some soccer guy...

at the end of that commercial where federer touches tiger's face, feeling how smooth it is... then the awkward look... HILARIOUS...

i'd say last weekend was a pretty dominating performance by tiger... came back from 8 down... the rest of the field just crumbled as they saw him leading the charge...

on a lighter note anyone seen that gilette commercial with tiger, federer and some soccer guy...

at the end of that commercial where federer touches tiger's face, feeling how smooth it is... then the awkward look... HILARIOUS...

Yes, very funny.

US OPEN COMING UP! Love to see a Nadal - Federer final :pointstosky:

Federer about to take the court against Hewitt. Working from home with a TV in the office rocks :doh:

Federer about to take the court against Hewitt. Working from home with a TV in the office rocks :lol:

:doh:

Yes, very funny.

US OPEN COMING UP! Love to see a Nadal - Federer final :bandana:

I don't think you need to wish real hard for that outcome....are there any other tennis players???

I don't think you need to wish real hard for that outcome....are there any other tennis players???

Actually though, I don't think Nadal has ever even gotten to the semis at the U.S. open yet.

Nope, 30 empties, Nadal and Federer get byes to the finals :thumbsdown:

try reading this thread.

Link to where Tiger has...?

Link to where Tiger has...?

Link to where Lenny Dykstra or Brady Anderson did? <_<

Boy, that was tough.

Also, who do you think Gary Player was talking about? John Daly?

Link to where Lenny Dykstra or Brady Anderson did? :Mr-T:

Boy, that was tough.

Also, who do you think Gary Player was talking about? John Daly?

And Gary Player knows this how???

Federer/Djokovic tomorrow at 3 est.

Guest RenoZ
Federer/Djokovic tomorrow at 3 est.

I don't follow tennis but heard that Federer is practically unbeatable. How did this match turn out?

I don't follow tennis but heard that Federer is practically unbeatable. How did this match turn out?

He's definitely the man to beat, but nowhere near unbeatable. Djokovic demonstrated that today with his win in a best of 3. Djokovic is probably at the top of the new wave of players coming in and could very well be the next person to win multiple slams.

Djokovic beat Nadal AND Federer in the same tournament.

Imagine if golf had competition like that?

Another player doesn't even try in the final group against Tiger on Sunday. I'M SHOCKED! Way to be Ames, you horse toothed loser.

Another player doesn't even try in the final group against Tiger on Sunday. I'M SHOCKED! Way to be Ames, you horse toothed loser.

Yup. And, Today Federer did something I've never seen him do. He choked. He gave the first set away. He was serving for the set at 6-5 with a 40-luv lead and let Djokovic come back and break him. Not to take anything away from Djokovic but Federer NEVER gives a game like that away. And if he wins that game he wins the match in straight sets. It's his first tournament since Wimbledon. I suppose he's entitled to "ONLY" make it to the finals and then show a little rust. If Djokovic beats him at the Open then this will be news.

alright... this should end the argument...

tennis is a ###### sport that no one cares about... probably less than hockey. and while golf is by no means a "super power" when it comes to other sports it kicks the chit out of tennis because as stated above... tennis has a huge gaping vagina.

and as the analogy follows anyone who is good at golf is > anyone who is good at tennis

the next time some chain smoking guy like daly leads the charge at a tennis tourney will be the first time....

we get it already..you know NOTHING about tennis....fine..move on....

just because u top your shots and cant stay out of the rough..doesnt mean that the golfers using $500 clubs are better than the competition in tennis....

Yes, very funny.

US OPEN COMING UP! Love to see a Nadal - Federer final :thumbsup:

are you going? i will be there with my gal over labor day weekend :doublethumbsup: her mom has the tickets for week 2...

true..nadal has yet to break through there..there is something about rowdy late night tennis in windy NY that seems to bring the best out of the Ginepris and Blakes...

i wont lie..im there focused on 1 thing..1 year it was the unknown sharapova :thumbsup: later on..hantuchova

im there to load up on pics of ana ivanovic :thumbsdown: as long as i keep the drinks coming for my gal, she wont care...then we can stagger across the street to a mets game and tell loduca to quit being such a ######..

and of all of the Opens Ive been to..ive yet to see a guy holding a sign that says quiet like they do in golf....

Tiger-that man took a picture of me...kick him out :rolleyes:

He didn't try? Thats your excuse.

How about...once again another golfer could not stand the pressure of playing alongside the greatest golfer in the world.

the next time some chain smoking guy like daly leads the charge at a tennis tourney will be the first time....

We all agree that Tennis is more physically demanding...if that was the only part of the argument, Tennis would win.

However, reality is much different.