Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Bears haven't done sh*t

They play in the NFC North. They should have just saved postage and sent me my playoff invoice today too.

They play in the NFC North. They should have just saved postage and sent me my playoff invoice today too.

As I recall, they lost their last game. They have room for improvement, right?

As I recall, they lost their last game. They have room for improvement, right?

Yes, Lovie needs to start wearing move vests. :banana:

So the Bears are a lock for the SB again in 2007, right?

How many yards are there between Chicago and Disneyland? That's what I'm projecting for Cedric Benson's rushing totals.

:bench:

you make a good point..

the bears feasted on the bad division and easiest schedule in the nfl...

they werent exposed until the last 6 weeks of the year...

i would pay for the playoff tickets NOW if i were you..Im sure 8-8 will get them in....

you make a good point..

the bears feasted on the bad division and easiest schedule in the nfl...

they werent exposed until the last 6 weeks of the year...

i would pay for the playoff tickets NOW if i were you..Im sure 8-8 will get them in....

Like the Seahawks this past season, they don't have to be good to make the playoffs. They merely need to be better than the crappy teams in their division, all of whom also have to play much more difficult schedules this year themselves.

Since the best any other team in the division did was 8-8 this past season, without having to play actual teams, your 8-8 benchmark seems to be about right. Anything over that is gravy.

Like the Seahawks this past season, they don't have to be good to make the playoffs. They merely need to be better than the crappy teams in their division, all of whom also have to play much more difficult schedules this year themselves.

i NEVER said that seattle didnt have the good fortunes of the easy schedule..they have feasted on the weak west for years...and they really shouldnt have made it this year...and i have said before that im not really confident that seattle can make it this year..i hope they prove me wrong..

BUT..despite making it there with smoke and mirrors and countless injuries..they had the bears on the ropes..the bears mirror the seahawks more than you will admit..

the bears window is closing fast...

once cedric gets hurt..whos goign to run the ball?..and with only one rb..its more pressure on rex..and the schedule and division is tougher...

if they bears still get 10 wins..ill take my hat off to them..but i cant see it happening...

and to add..the packers feasted on a weak north/central for years...playing tb, chic and det was always 6 easy wins..im not convinced that itll be a cakewalk this year for the bears...

So, you are right to be sure that 8-8 will get them in. That's the best any other team in the division did last year without having to play actual teams.

Thats the spirit, put together a mediocre team, exit early in the playoffs and get a crappy draft spot. A couple more years of that and they will be back in the NFL cellar for another couple decades.

btw..

if the bears get a real QB and mcgahee...i will chime in and say that the bears will win 12...

but the roster they have NOW? absolutely not....

Thats the spirit, put together a mediocre team, exit early in the playoffs and get a crappy draft spot. A couple more years of that and they will be back in the NFL cellar for another couple decades.

Benson is going to run all the way to Disneyland man. The Bears were smart, and got rid of their 29 year old RB for compensation before he turned into what Alexander is today.

I'm just pointing out that in his crash and burn scenario, the Bears still make the playoffs and they might as well have just sent me the invoice today.

How many yards are there between Chicago and Disneyland? That's what I'm projecting for Cedric Benson's rushing totals.

:banana:

I think this is comical. I have not seen anything out of Benson that makes me think he is going to get it done. He may do well against that weak ass conference but get him up against other teams and in the playoffs he will be just as bad as he was this year.

yeah, i am concerned. They need to use one daft pick on LB and then the rest on Offense. They need a TE, a T and G, then a backup QB and RB. that prettywell takes care of their draft.

Lets do this:

round 1- TE (they wont but i can always wish, i would guess OL, thing is Rex needs help!$!$)

Round 2- LB (they better make good use of this pick or they will get ridden for a long time)

Round 3- T

Round 4- G (if they go OL in the 1st, this will be a Def player)

Round 5- QB

Round 6- RB

Round 7- O Lineman

there, i guess they can just sit back and wait till the draft since i took care of everything for them....oh wait, that is what they have been doing......great!

They are still the best team in the division, they will go 5-1 vs their division, 4-6 (or 5-5 vs the rest), i think they will finish 9-7 and get the 3rd or 4th seed into the playoffs. The rest will be up to Rex to see how far they go and there in lies the problem. I am predicting the RB situation will remain the same next year (Benson 1050 yds and 7 TDs in 07) and at this time in 08 we will be looking at a new QB in Chi-Town....and i love the Bears. Dont get me wrong, i would love 12-4 and a SB win, i go to a couple games a year.....but I am also a realist.

Lets do this:

round 1- QB

Round 2- QB

Round 3- QB

Round 4- QB

Round 5- QB

Round 6- QB

Round 7- QB

Fixored

Fixored

Angelo is drafting 10 more Devin Hesters, and is petitioning the league so that kicking it out of bounds results in an automatic TD. In the unlikely event that Hester is tackled, Benson won't be. The Bears won't even need to carry a QB.

When the Bears unveil this new gameplan, it is going to prove to be even more devastating than the T formation. Welcome to the new age of the NFL, b!tches!!

:mellow:

Lets do this:

round 1- long snapper

Round 2- kick returner for the short kicks

Round 3- fullback

Round 4- trade for Jarred Payton

Round 5- trade for Tom Brady

Round 6- some fat guy with wheels

Round 7- project qb / slash that can throw 80 yards

= SB XLII

:mellow:

Benson is going to run all the way to Disneyland man. The Bears were smart, and got rid of their 29 year old RB for compensation before he turned into what Alexander is today.

I'm just pointing out that in his crash and burn scenario, the Bears still make the playoffs and they might as well have just sent me the invoice today.

alexander broke his foot week 1..had nothing to do with his age...

he was never healthy all year and still ran right the middle on the bears...no wonder addai and rhodes were salivating....

the nfc is truly up for grabs...if the 2nd level of teams...

sf...

rams..

cards

gb...

panthers..

take another step up..itll be wilder than ever...

alexander broke his foot week 1..had nothing to do with his age...

Keep telling yourself that. Alexander = another old, broken RB. Soom Thomas Jones will = another old, broken RB.

And Benson will be running all the way to Disneyland!!! :mad:

LOL, nothing wrong with homeristic optimism! :mad:

This is not true. If a Lion's fan (and I am not just talking about Swamp) even says one thing positive about our franchise and the possibilities of the next season, they are blasted into oblivion by everyone on this board.

The Bears are surely going in the wrong direction by their inactivity. Losing Thomas Jones was big, whether Bears fans want to admit it or not.

Keep telling yourself that. Alexander = another old, broken RB. Soom Thomas Jones will = another old, broken RB.

And Benson will be running all the way to Disneyland!!! :thumbsup:

jesus h. christmas, what a trainwreck of a thread. no wonder we haven't seen hide nor hair of drj this fall :dunno:

and to make matters worse, it looks like lovie smith isn't all he's cracked up to be. too bad the bears didn't figure that out before they extended him for big bucks. ouch:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...07/wwhi2218.htm

This is not true. If a Lion's fan (and I am not just talking about Swamp) even says one thing positive about our franchise and the possibilities of the next season, they are blasted into oblivion by everyone on this board.

The Bears are surely going in the wrong direction by their inactivity. Losing Thomas Jones was big, whether Bears fans want to admit it or not.

you are wise.

:thumbsup:

Right on.

Bears get some sucess and they want to act like they are the Packers and ruled the Div. for 12 years. :overhead:

I see DrJ Walter and the gang still lurk....but they are too ashamed to come out and take it like men.

It looks like the team thought the same thing.

I see DrJ Walter and the gang still lurk....but they are too ashamed to come out and take it like men.

I'm right here and can fully admit we suck.

jesus h. christmas, what a trainwreck of a thread. no wonder we haven't seen hide nor hair of drj this fall :overhead:

and to make matters worse, it looks like lovie smith isn't all he's cracked up to be. too bad the bears didn't figure that out before they extended him for big bucks. ouch:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...07/wwhi2218.htm

The problem with the coaching staff isn't necessarily the coaching, but moreso the arrogance shown on the defensive side of the ball. I don't feel like repeating myself from other threads, but the problem is that they are too headstrong with their system and don't make the necessary adjustments. Case in point is the Carolina playoff game a few years back where Steve Smith tore us a new one. Also this year when they wouldn't move Ricky Manning Jr. from his nickel CB role despite the injuries to Vasher and Tillman. You can't tell me that Ricky Manning Jr. wouldn't play better than whatever crap was on the field at CB for a couple games. Plus they keep moving Danieal Manning back and forth between CB and S. If you want him to develop as a S, fockin' leave him there.

The fundamental problem is that we do not have enough offensive talent to overcome the injuries suffered on defense this year.

They merely need to be better than the crappy teams in their division...

Week 4 = CHI 27 @ DET 37

Week 5 = CHI 27 @ GB 20

Week 6 = MIN 34 @ CHI 31

Week 8 = DET 16 @ CHI 7

So you're 1-3 in the division and the other teams are the crappy ones... :overhead:

Talk about a total flip flop. Last season, I didn't think this team had the offense to make an impact, and they kicked butt. This season I felt they would still hold serve, but feel the loss of Thomas Jones destroyed the offense. Benson is a total cancer.

Note to Lions Fan and Vikings Fan in this thread. The Bears still have much more to be proud of the past decade or so than you do. I do get the giddiness of lions fan though. The whole millen era now seems worth it. Had the same thing happened anywhere else on Earth, millen would have been in line at a Soup Kitchen.

As much as I enjoy this thread, I cannot help but laugh at sampdog bumping it.... the author of a thousand threads repeating:

--Favre sucks; is tainting his legacy; holding the Packers back, embarassing the organization; wouldn't take him in the 12th round of his draft if he was available (too much downside....not enough upside) :banana:

--Packers suck; made all the wrong moves in the off-season; Millen > TT :wave:

--Randy Moss sucks; washed up; will be a cancer on the team he goes to; lost a step; pure stupidity to put him on your team :first:

and, of course, the normal Lions stuff

--Matt Millen is a draft guru

--Joey-M.Williams-C. Rodgers.....confident, no longer fat, packing on lean muscle.... ready for monster seasons :(

RIP Dr. J though. :(

Am I nuts, but as a non-Chicagoan who once had 3 Bears on his FF team (and now has none) watching games off and on during the year:

- If the Bears were going to make a statement it was last week with the Lions at CHI and heading into a bye. What else have they been waiting for?

- Griese is an improvement over Rex and Griese can't be trusted to deliver. Witness last week's game.

- The defense has problems; I don't know why (I think it has more to do with the offense than it should) but it does.

- Benson ruins 3/4's of every decent drive they get going. Any 3rd and short looks like a nightmare. It's almost like they have to use him just because they have so much invested in him. Peterson and Wolfe as the main two, and maybe Benson coming in for the odd plunge up the middle, would seem to go a lot further, but of course this is impossible.

Good luck with all that. But that being said, OAK does look like a nice matchup.

Hey. I got one right. The Bears were surely going in the wrong direction. Case closed!

As well as all the Walters and Indy Bears Fan that are missing.

Yeah, I miss those guys. <_<

Here's an interesting question:

What was a bigger fluke? The 13-3 season from 2001 or last year's Super Bowl season...

Yeah, I miss those guys. :thumbsup:

Here's an interesting question:

What was a bigger fluke? The 13-3 season from 2001 or last year's Super Bowl season...

I think the bigger fluke is easily the 2001 season. They weren't exactly blown out in the SB last season so I find it to be reasonable to say that they were the better team of the two Bears seasons.

More important, this decade has seen a different era in football from say the 80s and 90s. I think today's teams are less competitive than in the previous 2 decades, but of course that is just my opinion. Doesn't mean that I am right. NE is a good team today because, for the most part, their number 1 priority is winning. They got rid of Dillon because he wanted it to be about him. There is no room for that on a team focused on winning. The Bears had a similar problem with Jones/Benson, Briggs, Tanks and others. They fell apart as a family.

As well as all the Walters and Indy Bears Fan that are missing.

I've been around periodically but havent posted much all year even before the crumbling of the bears. I've been on the road quite a bit all fall, so my posting has been very minimal since the summer. Everyone acts like it was just Bear fans that predicted granduer. All of you also had them as a shoe in for 1st.

As for the demise, the oline has been a huge reason as well as the DLine not getting pressure with the front 4. The trenches decide most games and the Bears have been below avg on both sides.

QB obviously is another area that regressed and Benson hasnt done sh!t ... and the Wrs as well. Add to that a huge injury hit for the 1st half of the year and you see the results. 2001 was more of a mirage because the Bears were in an awful cap situation then and didnt have the depth to replenish an older and overpaid starting group. This years team still has some core talent that can be built around and if they make the right cuts to fat contracts, they should have a ton of cap room next season. Miller, Ogunleye and Muhammed are 17 mill against next years cap alone and if cut, they would cost less than a third of that.

I expect a rebound next year if they make the right fiscal moves. The hardest part will be finding that elusive long term qb. The other factor is that the rest of the division got quite a bit better in a hurry. All 3 were bottom 10 teams very recently.

Cets la vie.

Everyone acts like it was just Bear fans that predicted granduer. All of you also had them as a shoe in for 1st.

not me... I could see their demise coming starting with the Packers dominating them in the final game of last season :thumbsup:

We had some interesting threads on this back in the day... :thumbsup:

Bears had a nice two-year run and they'll always have the glorious '85 season :o