bostonlager

Album draft signup thread.

Bands picked so far:

The Beatles

Guns N Roses

Metallica

Pink Floyd

AC-DC

By the time this draft is over, two of these bands will break up, two will get back together and at least three band members will kick the bucket. :banana: :banana: :banana:

not to mention rehab. :ninja:

If I'm replacing Akaoni for good, I'm picking Beatles - Revolver

Please, take my spot, I didn't sign up for this one, I think that BL mistakenly inserted me into the draft because of my involvement in the movie/TV character draft...

Polski is up.

guitarmonkiy up

Sublime - 40oz. to Freedom

Damn you, that is a hell of a good pick! Good value from this spot. :pointstosky:

this is focking crawling along.

My hopeful 2nd round pick is still alive, but I highly HIGHLY doubt it makes it back to me. I would be shocked if it made it past kutulu and into the 2nd round.

My hopeful 2nd round pick is still alive, but I highly HIGHLY doubt it makes it back to me. I would be shocked if it made it past kutulu and into the 2nd round.

If it goes like this for 10 rounds, I may end up hating music. :cheers:

And I would be shocked if we made it to the second round before we all die of old age. :dunno:

If it goes like this for 10 rounds, I may end up hating music. :dunno:

that's an understatement :(

And I would be shocked if we made it to the second round before we all die of old age. :dunno:

most of these bands will die of old age by the time we get to the 2nd round.

How about a time limit? I don't know how long it should be, but if you miss your turn you get two picks in the next round.

How about a time limit? I don't know how long it should be, but if you miss your turn you get two picks in the next round.

Agreed.

Maybe make the time limit in effect during the hours of the typical work day since a lot of people never check this board during nights and weekends.

Next week I say from 10:00am EST - 5:00pm Mon- Fri. we have a 1 hour time limit in which you can pick. After your time has expired you are skipped but can jump in and pick anytime after that. I didn't want to implement the timer this week because of NCAAs.

damnit! I really thought that would be there on the way back. :D

That said, while I don't think we need to skip people, I do think participants should check in more frequently. I don't mind waiting a couple of hours to pick, but for fock's sake, 6-16 hours between picks is just downright inconsiderate.

Why sign up for something like this if you have no intention of checking in to see if you're up?

fock.

just saying...:mad:

Sux is killing in this draft. By far the best pick so far. I am watching this close.

Who in the fock??? Never even heard of that. I must be out of it.

Sux is killing in this draft. By far the best pick so far. I am watching this close.

I only wish the actual participants were watching as intently. :D

and I thought Dark Side of the Moon was quality at 1.04

I guess I'll need to have some stellar middle picks to wrap this baby up.

:mad:

Wow, lots of hostility. Sorry guys, I know I used to be on a lot during the day but I just started a new job this week from 9 - 4:30 and don't have access to a computer there. When I'm home, however, I check quite often. I was waiting all night for Polski to pick so that I could make mine but unfortunately he made his pick early in the morning.

Aaaaaanyway, for my first pick, I'll take Revolver by The Beatles.

I only wish the actual participants were watching as intently. :dunno:

and I thought Dark Side of the Moon was quality at 1.04

I guess I'll need to have some stellar middle picks to wrap this baby up.

:o

I'm watching, you faggity fhag :mad:

I got's me 2 sleeper picks that will ensure my victory :ninja:

Aaaaaanyway, for my first pick, I'll take Revolver by The Beatles.

Looks like they were already picked at 1.05

1.06, you blind psyco :o

Can I count on your vote in the next Geek bracket round? :ninja:

My fault, didn't see that. I'll change it to Rubber Soul by The Beatles.

Thanks phillybear. :o

Now, since Akaoni dropped out, I'll take his original pick, which is still available...

1.11 The Clash - London Calling

London Calling, Train in Vain, Clampdown....

Led Zeppelin II

WHOLE LOTTA LOVE	
WHAT IS AND WHAT SHOULD NEVER BE	
THE LEMON SONG	
THANK YOU	
HEARTBREAKER  
LIVING LOVING MAID (SHE'S JUST A WOMAN)   
RAMBLE ON   
MOBY D!CK   
BRING IT ON HOME 

My fault, didn't see that. I'll change it to Rubber Soul by The Beatles.

:mad: :o :dunno:

so much for my 2nd rounder. I was sure Rubber Soul would slip through the cracks since a Beatles album was already taken early. I was SOOOOO close to taking rubber Soul with 1.04 but thought it would make it back to me.

I am so mad. Clearly I underestimated you geeks. fock. :ninja:

so much for my 2nd rounder. I was sure Rubber Soul would slip through the cracks since a Beatles album was already taken early. I was SOOOOO close to taking rubber Soul with 1.04 but thought it would make it back to me.

I am so mad. Clearly I underestimated you geeks. fock. :mad:

Sorry scoot, hope we can still be friends. :banana: :banana:

Sorry scoot, hope we can still be friends. :rolleyes: :cheers:

it's a way better choice, and IMO more pivotol album than the White Album all day, any day. I expected Rubber Soul to go well before it.

Nice pick. Bastehd. :thumbsup:

it's a way better choice, and IMO more pivotol album than the White Album all day, any day. I expected Rubber Soul to go well before it.

Nice pick. Bastehd. :rolleyes:

If we're going by my personal preference, I will go Rubber Soul all day long. IMO, it is a far superior record. However, White Album was much more popular and if people are gonna vote on these albums, I'm going with the more popular one.

If we're going by my personal preference, I will go Rubber Soul all day long. IMO, it is a far superior record. However, White Album was much more popular and if people are gonna vote on these albums, I'm going with the more popular one.

Screw popular opinion. It's like drafting a fantasy football team by ADP. Sure, an album is supposed to go in a certain round. But we all have vastly different cheat sheets, and you might as well take albums YOU prefer rather than guess what others like.

Quality albums trump popular albums, and in the end, this mindset will win out. After the first two rounds of semi-mainstream picks, I am going off the board.

Out of the first round, the only albums I own and enjoy are Master of Puppets and London Calling. Personally, I don't care for the Beattles or Led Zeppelin. I listened to Joshua Tree, and it was OK, I guess. AC/DC is overplayed, and have started to annoy the piss out of me. I hate Guns and Roses. Sublime in the first round? If I smoked pot, I suppose I might find Pink Floyd listenable.

I guess I'll be eliminated quickly. But I'll do it my way.

I'm starting to feel like at least two of my picks haven't even been produced yet. This blows. :rolleyes:

Screw popular opinion. It's like drafting a fantasy football team by ADP. Sure, an album is supposed to go in a certain round. But we all have vastly different cheat sheets, and you might as well take albums YOU prefer rather than guess what others like.

Quality albums trump popular albums, and in the end, this mindset will win out. After the first two rounds of semi-mainstream picks, I am going off the board.

Out of the first round, the only albums I own and enjoy are Master of Puppets and London Calling. Personally, I don't care for the Beattles or Led Zeppelin. I listened to Joshua Tree, and it was OK, I guess. AC/DC is overplayed, and have started to annoy the piss out of me. I hate Guns and Roses. Sublime in the first round? If I smoked pot, I suppose I might find Pink Floyd listenable.

I used to think we liked a lot of the same music, but I guess we differ in some ways.

I LOVE Master of Puppets, and I agree that AC/DC is overplayed. I hate Guns n Roses now, but Appetite for Destruction was an instant classic. Sublime is another of my favorites, and Pink Floyd is in my top 5. Also, the Beatles are awesome.

That said, I am very interested to see what kind of albums you pick. All our picks should be well varied in this draft.

I find this sad and disturbing at the same time. :rolleyes:

Care to elaborate?

Kutulu, you have the wrap around pick.... so pick :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :cheers:

I did till Johnny Come Waitly joined.

1.1 Big Blue 06: The Beatles - The White Album

1.2 SUX: Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction

1.3 Big Pete: Metallica - Master of Puppets

1.4 football scooter: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

1.5 frank: AC-DC Back in Black

1.6 RicemanX: The Beatles - Revolver

1.7 broncobilly: Led Zepplin IV

1.8 bostonlager: U2 - The Joshua Tree

1.9 polski rules: Sublime - 40oz. to Freedom

1.10 guitarmonkiy

1.11 phillybear

1.12 kutulu

1.13 Chiefs04

2.1 Chiefs04

2.2 kutulu

I did till Johnny Come Waitly joined.

notice how his name isn't in bold, cause I think that he's in "limbo" meaning that if he doesn't show up, he's skipped... so I say "fock it", pick. he hasn't shown up in 3 days, his loss = your gain.

I find this sad and disturbing at the same time. :rolleyes:

Care to elaborate?

Sure, I'll elaborate. When Appetite came out, I loved GnR. They were an awesome band, and they were badass. However, each album after that was a little bit worse than the one before, and Axle became more and more of a tool with each passing minute. Now, there is no GnR. After Appetite, I hate what they became.