Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

#1 FF QB in 2007 will be...

Marc Bulger!

Annual top 5 already, St.Louis has added Drew Bennett and now Randy McMichael to a WR core already including Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce.

Couple that with the emergence of Stephen Jackson AND his RECEIVING ability, the Rams solid Oline, and the weak defenses in their division and Bulger should have a MONSTER season!

Rams got McMichael, huh? That's a talented offense for sure. Pretty smart offensive coach too, with Linehan. Last year Bulger was 3rd in yards (4301) and 6th in TD passes (24), while throwing only 8 picks (best among the top 10 QBs). So yeah, he was a contender already.

This makes two teams (Denver and StL) who signed big-name FA TEs despite having a promising young guy already in the mix, kind of interesting. Says a lot about the kind of offenses they run.

I think Bulger has a chance, but his injury history makes it unlikely he'll play enough games to be #1. But I think he's #3, right after Manning and Palmer.

I think Bulger has a chance, but his injury history makes it unlikely he'll play enough games to be #1. But I think he's #3, right after Manning and Palmer.

I agree this could move Bulger up to #3 on my list but the last few weeks I've really been thinking that Carson Palmer is gonna BLOWUPUATE next year.

This is what I love about FF:the gut feeling-w/out looking at stats,rankings, sos, off-season moves, coaching changes, key veteran departures, or any of that my brain in less than 1 second said:

M Bulger

why?

NFC west has given up alot of points as a division-the most in the nfl the past 3 years at least(help...)

Plus all that other stuff yooz guys are good at analyzing...

Good call on Bulger. But my gut feeling is Brees is going to outdo last year's performance. With a sophomore Reggie Bush & Colston, and a new TE... losing Horn should not be a big deal

Good call on Bulger. But my gut feeling is Brees is going to outdo last year's performance. With a sophomore Reggie Bush & Colston, and a new TE... losing Horn should not be a big deal

I think Devery Henderson's in for a break-out year. :first:

Carson Palmer, that defense is absolute crap and they lost a few more turds...hope he can stay upright.

:dunno:

ding ding ding! we have a winner.

For value based on ff draft position, I always target Bulger. Comparable production to the overvalued (imo) "elite" QBs like Peyton and Palmer, wrt draft position. Keep in mind though, that Bulger isn't very nimble and gets sacked quite a bit -- if you lose points for your QB getting sacked.

It will also be interesting to see how Vince Young does as a full-time starter with a little experience now on his resume. Granted, they will have to improve his supporting cast...

Jay Cutler will be the #1 QB next year!

He'll have a stud RB who will take the heat off.

He has Javon who is a bonefide STUD

Marshall who will come out of his shell next year and will have 8-10 TD's

He has Scheffler who will be the #1 TE target, plus Graham who will be good for a few TD's.

Let's not forget about Smith who albeit has lost a step, but is still good for 1000 yards and 3-5 TD's.

PLUS, he'll be in his 2nd year, with playing time already under his belt!

Shanahan will keep opening up the playbook, and you'll see numbers close to those of the '98 SuperBowl team.

It's gonna be a great year to be a Broncos fan! :thumbsup:

Jay Cutler will be the #1 QB next year!

He'll have a stud RB who will take the heat off.

He has Javon who is a bonefide STUD

Marshall who will come out of his shell next year and will have 8-10 TD's

He has Scheffler who will be the #1 TE target, plus Graham who will be good for a few TD's.

Let's not forget about Smith who albeit has lost a step, but is still good for 1000 yards and 3-5 TD's.

PLUS, he'll be in his 2nd year, with playing time already under his belt!

Shanahan will keep opening up the playbook, and you'll see numbers close to those of the '98 SuperBowl team.

It's gonna be a great year to be a Broncos fan! :doublethumbsup:

I guess this year can't get any worse :ninja:

Carson Palmer, that defense is absolute crap and they lost a few more turds...hope he can stay upright.

:D He will be 100% healthy this year

I would have agreed with Brees having a pretty good year, but w/o Bush (depending on when Mr. Madden comes calling) it will cause his numbers to take a hit.

I'd guess top 5 looks something like

Manning

Brees

Bulger

Palmer

Hass (assuming McNabb's not ready for the start of the season)