Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

I just pepper sprayed myself.

but I know you will laugh at me anyway. :banana:

I have a hobby, (among others) of making hot sauce. Salsa too, but I am getting more and more into hot sauce. I bottle it up and give it to friends/use it myself.

So today I made a batch of jalepeno/habanero/onion/carrot/salt/garlic/lime, and a few minutes ago poured the still-hot, pre-blended ingredients into a bowl. Well I had the kitchen window open and as I poured it, the steaming habanero steam from hell was blown by the wind and washed over my eyes. I was choked up as my throat constricted, I started choking, and felt searing pain in my eyes as they erupted in tears and swelled up. The steamy vinegary goodness couldn't have helped the situation, but I'm quite certain it was the peppers that did me in.

jesus fock my burning eyes. I'm going to have a beer and wash my eyes out with milk. This is not fun.

future: habanero hot sauce = goggles & painter's mask. :banana:

your stupid :banana:

That is a great statement. FWIW,

You're means you are.

Your is your.

Guest Davaco

That is a great statement. FWIW,

You're means you are.

Your is your.

its called sarcasm

its called sarcasm

You forgot the apostrophe.

HTH

Guest Davaco

You forgot the apostrophe.

HTH

your stupid :banana:

My roommate accidentally pepper-sprayed a room once in college.

He and I were in my GF's room, he picks up a bottle, "is this perfume" and sprays right in front of a fan. Harsh stuff.

Strange enough, my incredibly stupid roommate in the ways of common sense is one of the smartest guys I know. But damn read the label first.

Might be an indication that such stuff is not safe for human exposure in any form. :dunno:

In college I knew some guys who would pour 1/2 a bottle of tabasco into clam chowder. My question was, why even bother with the clam chowder? It just tastes like tabasco at that point. Might just as well pour some tabasco into water and drink it with a vitamin. Saves you some money.

So you've managed to shave your junk and pepper spray yourself all within the same week. Might I suggest you not purchase the "Self Nut Kicking Machine"? It might help alleviate your inner pain.

Unless you're into that kind of thing.

but I know you will laugh at me anyway. :dunno:

I have a hobby, (among others) of making hot sauce. Salsa too, but I am getting more and more into hot sauce. I bottle it up and give it to friends/use it myself.

So today I made a batch of jalepeno/habanero/onion/garlic/lime, and a few minutes ago poured the still-hot, pre-blended ingredients into a bowl. Well I had the kitchen window open and as I poured it, the steaming habanero steam from hell was blown by the wind and washed over my eyes. I was choked up as my throat constricted, I started choking, and felt searing pain in my eyes as they erupted in tears and swelled up. The steamy vinegary goodness couldn't have helped the situation, but I'm quite certain it was the peppers that did me in.

jesus fock my burning eyes. I'm going to have a beer and wash my eyes out with milk. This is not fun.

future: habanero hot sauce = goggles & painter's mask. :thumbsdown:

This is even better than your football posts. :cheers:

if it's any consolation, it's DAMN good hot sauce.

I'm no longer burning, and it turned out spectacularly. Not sure what to call it, but "the devil's anal leakage" has a nice ring to it. :thumbsdown:

if it's any consolation, it's DAMN good hot sauce.

It does sound good minus the habenero, or maybe if there was just a hint.

Rusty has a story where he went into one shop where they had some habanero hot sauce. The old ladies challenged him to try it and since he thought he was hot shit, he took a big gulp of the habanero sauce.

It was so hot that he immediately went to the soft serve ice cream machine, stuck his mouth under it, and pulled the handle. :thumbsdown:

I do the story no justice.

but I know you will laugh at me anyway. :P

So today I made a batch of jalepeno/habanero/onion/carrot/salt/garlic/lime, and a few minutes ago poured the still-hot, pre-blended ingredients into a bowl. Well I had the kitchen window open and as I poured it, the steaming habanero steam from hell was blown by the wind and washed over my eyes. I was choked up as my throat constricted, I started choking, and felt searing pain in my eyes as they erupted in tears and swelled up. The steamy vinegary goodness couldn't have helped the situation, but I'm quite certain it was the peppers that did me in.

future: habanero hot sauce = goggles & painter's mask. :cheers:

ok FSIAFP :dunno: :thumbsdown:

devil's anal leakage

My FF team's name is patented already and I will sue!

Or you could just pay for the rights by sending me a bottle.  Well, that and make me a sammich.

My FF team's name is patented already and I will sue!

Or you could just pay for the rights by sending me a bottle.  Well, that and make me a sammich.

it will be bottled in 2 weeks, once it's fermented appropriately in the fridge.

I'll tell you what, in all seriousness: The link in my FFT profile works. shoot me a mail with an address to send it to and I'll get you a bottle free of charge - postage, bottle, cap, etc.

:dunno: This will be the one and only request granted - of course you have to trust that it won't be poisoned or made with dog water or anything. :dunno: Naturally I'll put a fake return address because you might be a psycho and come kill me or something. :dunno:

But it's probably going to be excellent hot sauce, if a touch on the burning side. Geek trust at its best: my hand to god, I honestly worked very hard on this in a spotlessly clean kitchen with fresh ingredients, as I do with every hot sauce I make - if you trust me, you'll be rewarded for it. And then when you're friends say, "what's that you're putting on your food?" and you responde, "dunno - some random guy on a football message forum made it and sent it to me 'cuz I asked for it." the world will have become a smaller place. And your friends will think you're insane.

You'll have to provide your own sammich. :ninja:

Then you could review it for me and post the results. Uhm, unless you think it sucks, then you can keep it to yourself. :P

I'll tell you what, in all seriousness: The link in my FFT profile works. shoot me a mail with an address to send it to and I'll get you a bottle free of charge - postage, bottle, cap, etc.

Naturally I'll put a fake return address because you might be a psycho and come kill me or something. <_<

And then when you're friends say, "what's that you're putting on your food?" and you responde, "dunno - some random guy on a football message forum made it and sent it to me 'cuz I asked for it." the world will have become a smaller place. And your friends will think you're insane.

Then you could review it for me and post the results. Uhm, unless you think it sucks, then you can keep it to yourself. :(

Sent you an e-mail. Why wouldn't anyone trust someone named Scooter? Uh check that...... How about, if you can't trust a complete internet stranger, who can you trust?

As I am a Connoisseur of hot sauce, I would be happy to post a review. And yes, it's a good idea to use a fake address as if it really sucks I would be forced to do the whole punch, face, wife, kids thing.

My friends already think I'm insane and they are correct.

Sent you an e-mail. Why wouldn't anyone trust someone named Scooter? Uh check that...... How about, if you can't trust a complete internet stranger, who can you trust?

As I am a Connoisseur of hot sauce, I would be happy to post a review. And yes, it's a good idea to use a fake address as if it really sucks I would be forced to do the whole punch, face, wife, kids thing.

My friends already think I'm insane and they are correct.

<_<

it shall be done.

:doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup: :banana: :banana:

Take it you got my e-mail.

While unpossible to say exactly what it will taste like since each hot sauce ferments a little differently and I used different proportions/ingredients than I've ever used before, I suspect based on past experiences that it will be a snappy, slightly vinegary sauce, which would be a kick-ass hot wing style...but with the carrot it will be slightly thicker...it's always tricky to balance the hot to sour as you probably know just from eating a variety of 'em. The carrot & lime should be sweet enough to balance it out a bit. My hope is that the garlic comes through with a *pow!* to put it over the top.

Or it might taste like the ballsweat of a syphiliptic hobo. Who's to say, really?

We'll know in a couple of weeks though.

:clap:

While unpossible to say exactly what it will taste like since each hot sauce ferments a little differently and I used different proportions/ingredients than I've ever used before, I suspect based on past experiences that it will be a snappy, slightly vinegary sauce, which would be a kick-ass hot wing style...but with the carrot it will be slightly thicker...it's always tricky to balance the hot to sour as you probably know just from eating a variety of 'em. The carrot & lime should be sweet enough to balance it out a bit. My hope is that the garlic comes through with a *pow!* to put it over the top.

Or it might taste like the ballsweat of a syphiliptic hobo. Who's to say, really?

We'll know in a couple of weeks though.

:rolleyes:

It will take me a day or two to do a reasonable review. No review of hot sauce is complete without both an input review and an exit anal-ysis.

Please include the name/address of your favorite hooker or drug dealer so I can pay down your tab for the shipping, packing etc. since you are afraid I will real world Jihad you if I don't like it. :thumbsdown:

It will take me a day or two to do a reasonable review. No review of hot sauce is complete without both an input review and an exit anal-ysis.

Please include the name/address of your favorite hooker or drug dealer so I can pay down your tab for the shipping, packing etc. since you are afraid I will real world Jihad you if I don't like it. :rolleyes:

Nah, really - it's on me. I make hot sauce to spread the burning goodness to my fellow man. I believe in positive hot sauce karma.

:thumbsup:

As for the review, I would hope that you try it on both beef & chicken, and then a splash on your favorite pizza...if it doesn't pass the trifecta challenge, it's no good.

:thumbsdown: