Sign in to follow this  
The_Mad_Cats

Gruden gushes over Adrian Peterson

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...&thispage=3

I personally think this running back from Oklahoma might be the best back I've ever seen coming out of college," Gruden said. "He's a punishing guy. Go back and watch him as a freshman. In nine games, this man has 1,800 yards. He doesn't try to go out of bounds. Every time he carries the ball, he tries to hurt you. Bad. And he's fast. He's mean, he's tough. This guy is something else.

I wonder if Cadillac and his ~3.5 ypc is reading this.

sure he was punishing in college against other college player BEFORE he broke his collar bone diving into the ez... does he come out playing like that in the pros though, or does he try to protect that shoulder? :dunno:

but either way, Gruden gushed over Caddy in the Sr. Bowl and got him... i don't see him losing faith in his workhorse after 1 bad season unless he sees what conference foe NO did w/ two stellar RBs...

The Bucs are trying to convince people that they are interested in someone (Peterson or a QB, etc) other than Calvin Johnson. Good luck with that, Gru.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he did back when he was coach. Didn't he refer to him as "Mr. Davis" during interviews and generally suck up to the owner? I think that was a key part of his success there, being able to assuage Al's ego.

Bucs trade Caddy and Draft Petersen !

Caddy To Green bay for draft picks !

Its either a tactic to get Cadillac to get in game shape or to spurn interest in other teams. TB has no need to get Peterson in the draft; if they get teams above them thinking about taking him the chances Johnson falls to them are increased.

Gruden throws more bs out there all year long than any coach out there.

:banana: fixed

Actually, I'm pretty sure he did back when he was coach. Didn't he refer to him as "Mr. Davis" during interviews and generally suck up to the owner? I think that was a key part of his success there, being able to assuage Al's ego.

He was being polite and respectful, shouldn't you do that to everyone, especially your boss? :ninja:

I'm not saying he shouldn't have. Seeing as how he was the last coach to actually succeed in Oakland, it made his job a little easier, but I think most people agree that he didn't exactly enjoy working for Davis.

translation: "man, those 3 teams drafting ahead of us would be insane to pass on peterson. they should all try to draft him and let cj fall to us." :banana:

he was knob-slobbing someone else yesterday...forget who. he's working it hard right now.

translation: "man, those 3 teams drafting ahead of us would be insane to pass on peterson. they should all try to draft him and let cj fall to us." :D

he was knob-slobbing someone else yesterday...forget who. he's working it hard right now.

:thumbsup:

I think you nailed this one right between the eyes. This is probably why he lasted so long. Well, at least to the point where Al's ego just couldn't stand it any longer.

I agree with tj. Gruden will do backflips on draft day if Johnson falls to them.

sure he was punishing in college against other college player BEFORE he broke his collar bone diving into the ez... does he come out playing like that in the pros though, or does he try to protect that shoulder? :ninja:

having had that injury (compound fracture of clavicle and AC separation) i can tell you that once healed, it is actually stronger than before the damage.