Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

Planet Earth series

:ninja: i've seen some of them and they have been great. the way its shot is amazing, lots of rare footage of never seen before in the wild animals, etc. i don't have HD but watching this you wouldn't know that. if anyone has Comcast, they have some of them up On Demand already. highly recommend it.

The Snow Leopard's hunt of the Mountain Goat was UNBELIEVABLE. Attacking straight down the mountain, and tackling the goat.......................and they didn't fall off the mountain??????? :( This was a mountain that we could not even have stood on. :ninja:

I saw Deserts & Ice Kingdom. They were OK I guess. The part where the desert blooms was awesome - can't believe they got that on film.

The penguin stuff was kinda meh. I did think it was cool how they did the time lapse huddling of the males with the eggs though. And the appearance of the humpbacks was extremely.. I guess 'majestic' is the word.

The Snow Leopard's hunt of the Mountain Goat was UNBELIEVABLE. Attacking straight down the mountain, and tackling the goat.......................and they didn't fall off the mountain??????? :cry: This was a mountain that we could not even have stood on. :ninja:

i was actually going to mention how the Snow Leopard was one of the best pieces i saw. how bout how it has to then drag its kill all the way back up the mountain to feed its young. thats quite a heavy load to carry uphill.

and how bout those Penguins in Antarctica. 4 months of darkness where all they do is stand in a circle trying to remain warm in 100 below zero temperatures. :(

there were some crazy birds in that episode too. the male bird cleaned an area so it could dance in order to attract a mate. then it did this wild elaborate dance and the female denied him anyway :cry:

The Snow Leopard's hunt of the Mountain Goat was UNBELIEVABLE. Attacking straight down the mountain, and tackling the goat.......................and they didn't fall off the mountain??????? :mad: This was a mountain that we could not even have stood on. :banana:

was just going to post that....that was a TiVo moment. I must've watched that 6 times. It was riviting.

unbelievable.

The praying mantis segment was cool as hell too - when the Mantis almost ate that snake? I was like :(

there were some crazy birds in that episode too. the male bird cleaned an area so it could dance in order to attract a mate. then it did this wild elaborate dance and the female denied him anyway :banana:

the bird of paradise - what a fockin trip that was.

the bird of paradise - what a fockin trip that was.

Unbelievable. Do you know which episode that was on?

The great white attacks on the seals from episode 1.

4000 lb. animals that are so powerful they can leap out of the water 10+ feet.

Simply amazing. I need to get this on DVD.

I understand Sigorne Weaver is the narrator. Is that right? IMO women are horrible narrators. I haven't watched the show just for that reason.

They should have hired David Attenborough, who does the voice for Blue Planet.

I believe the first. "Pole to Pole"

I understand Sigorne Weaver is the narrator. Is that right? IMO women are horrible narrators. I haven't watched the show just for that reason.

They should have hired David Attenborough, who does the voice for Blue Planet.

I might be nuts (probably), I have watched every episode and seen the credits, but I swear it's a dude doing the commentary. Sigorne, must be different from Sigourney?????? :banana:

The great white attacks on the seals from episode 1.

4000 lb. animals that are so powerful they can leap out of the water 10+ feet.

Simply amazing. I need to get this on DVD.

The slow-motion shark attack was incredible. They used high-speed cameras to capture a 1 second attack and slow it down to 45 seconds. Awesome... :banana:

Also, it's interesting that so much of what they have shown has never been seen filmed before in the wild (whether its the rainforest birds or the migrating camels or whatever...).

I REALLY hope that they release the series on DVD...

The slow-motion shark attack was incredible. They used high-speed cameras to capture a 1 second attack and slow it down to 45 seconds. Awesome... :headbanger:

Also, it's interesting that so much of what they have shown has never been seen filmed before in the wild (whether its the rainforest birds or the migrating camels or whatever...).

I REALLY hope that they release the series on DVD...

It's already available. (first three episodes) They talked about it the first night. Something like 22$

For the life of me I can't understand why the DC didn't stretch this into a 12 week series and play 1 episode a week. They could have made a lot more $.

I might be nuts (probably), I have watched every episode and seen the credits, but I swear it's a dude doing the commentary. Sigorne, must be different from Sigourney?????? :D

:dunno:

I've never seen the show, but someone told me she was the narrator. I guess my friend was mistaken. I hope so, because I love these kinds of programs and this sounds like a good one.

Sigourney Weaver is the narrator. I have seen the Pole to Pole one so far. I will have to check out On Demand (Charter). Knowing DC though they will replay the hell out of this all through the summer.

Hey now, isn't this the type of programming I recommend to idiots who think Lost or survivor or american idol are the shat?

I usually get blasted for promoting these boring shows :ninja:

deadliest catch is back, tonight at 9

Hey now, isn't this the type of programming I recommend to idiots who think Lost or survivor or american idol are the shat?

I usually get blasted for promoting these boring shows :D

deadliest catch is back, tonight at 9

There is nothing boring about nature documentaries, especially ones done like this. I also enjoyed "Exploration Borneo" the other evening.

There is nothing boring about nature documentaries, especially ones done like this. I also enjoyed "Exploration Borneo" the other evening.

Hrm well there were like 4 other people who responded to my everest beyond the limit thread a while back, so maybe there is hope.

I watched part of "Mountain". FANTASTIC on its own and even FANTASTICKER in HD and surround sound.

also, for those who like the nature programming, check out Winged Migration :dunno:

all pretty amazing stuff.

I watched part of "Mountain". FANTASTIC on its own and even FANTASTICKER in HD and surround sound.

also, for those who like the nature programming, check out Winged Migration :dunno:

all pretty amazing stuff.

what's amazing nature programming are those poor people who are lost on that island with polar bears and evil black clouds that can kill ya.

That boring Galapagos show has nothing on Lost.

I think that was from the very 1st episode, I think it was titled “Mountain” something.

I saw the “Ice” episode last night. Saw a Polar Bear die after he couldn’t find any food due to too much ice melting. He swam and swam looking for food and eventually, after losing half his body weight, got so desperate that he tried to attack some enormous walruses with giant tusks. He couldn’t take them down, got some battle wounds, and eventually just starved to death :thumbsdown:

I think that was from the very 1st episode, I think it was titled “Mountain” something.

I saw the “Ice” episode last night. Saw a Polar Bear die after he couldn’t find any food due to too much ice melting. He swam and swam looking for food and eventually, after losing half his body weight, got so desperate that he tried to attack some enormous walruses with giant tusks. He couldn’t take them down, got some battle wounds, and eventually just starved to death :(

This is one thing I still can't figure out on these wild life shows. They tell you how few of a certain animal are left on the face of the Earth, and how dire things are for it's existance, then they just let the Cheetah cub get eaten buy the Lion, or in this case, the Polar Bear suffer and die. They started by saying there was only like 9000 of them left. How much could whacking one of those Waluruses, and giving it to that bear, have thrown off the BALANCE OF NATURE???? Give me a break!!! Bet they had some antibiotic and pain killers on hand too. I bet you their thoughts on the BALANCE OF NATURE would have changed if one of them was getting eaten, and they could have stopped it. "No Sam................NO!!!! The Polar Bear caught Gene fair and square. Let him eat him. We must not interfere with the BALANCE OF NATURE!" Damn Scientolgy people make no sense sometimes.

I saw the “Ice” episode last night. Saw a Polar Bear die after he couldn’t find any food due to too much ice melting. He swam and swam looking for food and eventually, after losing half his body weight, got so desperate that he tried to attack some enormous walruses with giant tusks. He couldn’t take them down, got some battle wounds, and eventually just starved to death :doh:

Wow I have yet to see Ice.

That airborn shark is incredible. Fantastic tv!

This is one thing I still can't figure out on these wild life shows. They tell you how few of a certain animal are left on the face of the Earth, and how dire things are for it's existance, then they just let the Cheetah cub get eaten buy the Lion, or in this case, the Polar Bear suffer and die. They started by saying there was only like 9000 of them left. How much could whacking one of those Waluruses, and giving it to that bear, have thrown off the BALANCE OF NATURE???? Give me a break!!! Bet they had some antibiotic and pain killers on hand too. I bet you their thoughts on the BALANCE OF NATURE would have changed if one of them was getting eaten, and they could have stopped it. "No Sam................NO!!!! The Polar Bear caught Gene fair and square. Let him eat him. We must not interfere with the BALANCE OF NATURE!" Damn Scientolgy people make no sense sometimes.

I actually agree with their point of view. Survival of the fittest. If you can't win a battle with an enemy or hunt for food by yourself, tough sh1t. It's called evolution. Makes me happy to be at the top of the food chain. :doh:

Its called Survival of the Fittest, eat or be eaten