Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Chris Daughtry

so i've heard the chris daughtry song "it's not over" a million times by now... at first i was like why do i like this song??? he's an american idol d0uche... then i figured it out

it may be just me... but it sounds exactly like "hemorrage" by fuel?? then i heard he did a good version of that song on AI and now it all makes sense... he and his songwriters obviously made a conscious effort to copy the succes of hemorrage... daughtry REPORTERED...

I have his album and the #7 track with Slash on guitar is focking awesome. Fuel asked Daughtry to be their new lead singer after he was voted off and he said NO. Fyi.

I have his album and the #7 track with Slash on guitar is focking awesome. Fuel asked Daughtry to be their new lead singer after he was voted off and he said NO. Fyi.

i know... but you can't deny that those two songs are eerily similar... ironic how that would happen after the success of him covering hemorrage...

He was the most talented on AI last season by a country mile.

Say what you want about the show, but it has produced a few platinum selling, Grammy winning (you know, their peers in the music industry voting), musicians.

That whole album is pretty decent.

And if you're into R&B/Soul....Elliot (guy with the jacked up grill) from last year has a nice song out as well. On the flip side, focking Bucky Covington has a video on CMT now. God he sucks.

weird... and everyone on the board shlobs on daughtry's knob...

i challenge you to listen to the riff during the verses... identical... and VERY VERY similar bass lines...

i'm not saying daughtry isn't talented... but you have to wonder if record execs influenced this song

As someone who has never watched AI, who the fock is Chris Daughtry?? :dunno:

Billboard Charts :thumbsup:

The nerve of them to use sales data to rank. :banana:

The nerve of them to use sales data to rank. :banana:

No no no..Billboard wasn't the reason for the eyeroll.

It's the sales data that makes the billboard compliation.

I say again :thumbsup:

i know... but you can't deny that those two songs are eerily similar... ironic how that would happen after the success of him covering hemorrage...

In his defense, maybe he had intended to be like Nickleback and just reuse his own songs but he didnt have any to start with. :(

In his defense, maybe he had intended to be like Nickleback and just reuse his own songs but he didnt have any to start with. :dunno:

good point :blink:

i guess when you are starting from scratch that would be a bit harder

If his stuff sounds like Fuel, it is because he has a member or two of the original Fuel band in his band.

HTH

If his stuff sounds like Fuel, it is because he has a member or two of the original Fuel band in his band.

HTH

i hate it when people put HTH at the end of their post when they are completely wrong... and apparently have no knowledge of what they are talking about...

i just looked this up

Carl Bell

Jeff Abercrombie

Tommy Stewart

Brett Scallions

Kevin Miller

Jody Abbott

Jonathan Mover

Erik Avakian

there are all the people that have ever been in fuel

Chris Daughtry

Josh Steely

J.P. Paul

Joey Barnes

Jeremy Brady

all the people that have been in daughtry... strange how now of them overlap...

at least post on something you know about next time

HTH

I agree with above. Why would he be asked to be in Fuel if he had members of the band already in his group?

I agree with above. Why would he be asked to be in Fuel if he had members of the band already in his group?

exactly... so they asked him to be in fuel... he turns them down... then they are excited to join his band???

a nobody American Idol douche at the time??? not likely

Take the test... the main riff for the vs is exactly the same except for it sounds like fuel keeps it at constant 1/8th notes while daughtry's guitarist holds the last 2 notes in the count... other than that it sounds like it is in the exact key...

and if you listen to the bass they use the exact same notes also... especially during the verse when they have the same 3 notes in the exact same pattern...

not only that but the music for the chorus is similar too...

not that it is a big deal, but didn't the chili peppers get sued because dani california sounded too much like petty's "mary jane's last dance"

interesting that the same issue wouldn't come up here...

Daughtry

Fuel

weird... and the videos are VERY similar... either daughtry wants to be the lead singer from fuel (even though he turned the gig down) or some producer out there decided to roll off of his AI success in covering this song...

not only that... is that a a daughtry siting playing guitar in the fuel video??? looks just like him

"it's not over" should be called "hemorrhage pt 2"

Did this Daughtry guy run over your puppy or something?

YES!!!