Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

Sopranos: Beginning of the End Starts Tonight

Finally! :dunno:

Any predictions? Will Tony bite it? Will AJ join the "family"? etc.?

I have a prediction.

Many people will watch, myself included, with extremely high expectations that this season will FINALLY live up to the first couple and not be a complete abomination like the last few seasons. Unfortunately, we'll all be disappointed yet again and will question why we shell out an extra $16/month for the HBO package on our satellite bill.

:cheers:

i think they'll come out swinging with two whackings tomorrow night.

there are two things that fans have been screaming for:

1. more whackings.

2. more meadow dancing in underwear.

i will make no further mention of item 2 for fear of jinxing our luck.

HBO sucks now that Rome and Deadwood are done. I agree with the poster that said Sopranos hasn't been worth watching for a couple seasons now.

And Entourage is the worst show on the face of the Earth. I wish death upon its creators (which include Mark Wahlberg, if memory serves me right).

Entourage is awesome and so is Sopranos. I agree the past few seasons have been a disappointment, but it's still the Sopranos and still enjoyable.

christofur is gettn whack

also entourage :(

i think edjr and i still have a bet about this, right edjr? :dunno:

if chris gets whacked first, he wins.

if paulie gets whacked first, i win.

it's a draw if there's a simul-whacking.

the bet was for a fenway frank.

HBO sucks now that Rome and Deadwood are done. I agree with the poster that said Sopranos hasn't been worth watching for a couple seasons now.

And Entourage is the worst show on the face of the Earth. I wish death upon its creators (which include Mark Wahlberg, if memory serves me right).

sucks you dont have a very good sense of humor cause this show is funny as hell

yeah hot naked chicks really suck

X-GAY

they should really focus on a few important story lines.

there's what, 8 episodes left?

i hope they don't waste time on crap like 'the spec house.' :blink:

also, i'm betting adrianna's body gets found and the sh!t hits the fan.

sucks you dont have a very good sense of humor cause this show is funny as hell

yeah hot naked chicks really suck

X-GAY

Its a great show, for dumb f*cking idiots.

However, those of us that want an interesting show that actually has something to say (which is what HBO used to be known for) find it lacking.

Looking forward to watching! :blink:

Also, I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this feeling that Tony is going to get whacked.

However, those of us that want an interesting show that actually has something to say (which is what HBO used to be known for) find it lacking.

I'm a fan, but what did the Soprano's ever have 'to say'?

Seems more likely to me that those looking for a tv show to have something 'to say' to them would be the idiots.

Seems more likely to me that those looking for a tv show to have something 'to say' to them would be the idiots.

Deadwood had a lot to say about corruption and the way in which our nation was founded on exploitation.

Rome had a lot to say about the consequences of excess. Also, it was historically accurate enough to provide a modicum of education.

Six Feet Under had a lot to say about the importance of family, and the virtue of acceptance.

All Entourage offers is taboild-level trash.

You would agree that movies can teach us and expand our minds, right? So why can't TV?

"Bada Bing!" :blink:

Guest Black Label Society

now THAT's what i'm talkin' about! :banana:

yeah...she's UGLY. :banana:

yeah...she's UGLY. :banana:

if that's ugly then ugly girls drink free at my house from now on.

if that's ugly then ugly girls drink free at my house from now on.

yeah, I'd slip her the pickle. :banana:

yeah, I'd slip her the pickle. :banana:

so now you're going to horn in on my free drinks idea, right? :banana:

so now you're going to horn in on my free drinks idea, right? :banana:

I would do pretty much anything to slip her the pickle.

I would do pretty much anything to slip her the pickle.

played some gears online today.

can't say i like it a lot. it's always two linebackers in a phone booth trying to shoot each other.

you can shoot someone in the face five times with a shotgun and they're still alive, but a chainsaw is instant kill.

it's way unbalanced.

played some gears online today.

can't say i like it a lot. it's always two linebackers in a phone booth trying to shoot each other.

you can shoot someone in the face five times with a shotgun and they're still alive, but a chainsaw is instant kill.

it's way unbalanced.

It's what I affectionatly call 'host advantage'.

If we ever play gears online together, you'll know...because it's tiresome.

I get so fed up losing when on 'my screen', I clearly beat you to the 'punch' on, say a shotgun shot.

But in the end, I lose because you are hosting it, and that's a DISTINCT advantage. Trust me...it'll pi$$ you off.

It's what I affectionatly call 'host advantage'.

If we ever play gears online together, you'll know...because it's tiresome.

I get so fed up losing when on 'my screen', I clearly beat you to the 'punch' on, say a shotgun shot.

But in the end, I lose because you are hosting it, and that's a DISTINCT advantage. Trust me...it'll pi$$ you off.

can't wait for the halo 3 beta.

halo is a silly enough game, but at least you're not always fighting someone two feet away.

i find all the spinning in gears annoying and laborious.

and i'll bet there are guys deliberately lagging their connections to maximize this host advantage.

what... like taxi cab confessions??? yeah... that sent me a message... ARLI$$ hmm... i learned a load from that...

entourage is good show... one of the better ones HBO has to offer... good luck finding any shows that teach you about life anywhere on TV today... much less HBO... the days of the "wonder years" are over

Deadwood had a lot to say about corruption and the way in which our nation was founded on exploitation.

Rome had a lot to say about the consequences of excess. Also, it was historically accurate enough to provide a modicum of education.

Six Feet Under had a lot to say about the importance of family, and the virtue of acceptance.

All Entourage offers is taboild-level trash.

You would agree that movies can teach us and expand our minds, right? So why can't TV?

Never said it couldn't, and you never answered the question.

The point is that while some entertainment can, indeed, expand our minds, not all is designed nor obligated to do so.

Entourage? If you require your shows to teach you something, how about the fleeting nature of fame, and the vaccuous nature of many of those who achieve it? The pitfalls of sudden riches? How our modern American society has created a new class of rich and famous who do nothing but exploit other rich and famous people? The value of old, trusted friends vs new found leeches?

As for Six Feet Under, it spent the better part of three seasons offering up one ridiculous plot contrivance after another, interrupted periodically by a new gay stereotype or dismal look at relationships. It started strong and ended ok, but was largely a soap opera masquerading as real drama.

Never took the time to watch the others you mention.

Entourage? If you require your shows to teach you something, how about the fleeting nature of fame, and the vaccuous nature of many of those who achieve it? The pitfalls of sudden riches? How our modern American society has created a new class of rich and famous who do nothing but exploit other rich and famous people? The value of old, trusted friends vs new found leeches?

The whole point of Entourage is that it provides a fantasy in which one of your buddies strikes it rich and so all of you get to live the good life, buying new toys and partying with hot chicks. Its entertainment in its most vacuous state.

...all of you get to live the good life, buying new toys and partying with hot chicks.

what, you guys don't get to do this? :mad:

what, you guys don't get to do this? :dunno:

My plan to become Big Pete's best friend is progressing. :dunno:

1/2 way done and this is a horrible episode. 7 more of these and I may have to kill Tony's sister myself.

Actually....the fight was a great scene. Love the fact that a Monopoly house was stuck to his face. :dunno:

eh lets hope that wasnt a wasted episode.

Bobby just throwing the gun away with his fingerprints still on it :dunno:

eh lets hope that wasnt a wasted episode.

Bobby just throwing the gun away with his fingerprints still on it :dunno:

not only were his fingerprints on it, the kid ripped his chest hair and a piece of his shirt.

Bobby went out of his way earlier to say "you need to be careful because of the DNA stuff now"

friggin retarded. :shocking:

complete waste of 60 minutes. Sopranos is horrendous.

the most overrated show in tv history. :shocking:

seriously, this is supposed to be the first episode of the last season and this is the best they could come up with?? yeah, nothing like a nice relaxing trip to the lake to put everyone watching to :dunno: .

i thought it was okay.

at least there was a fight and a whacking.

it was not the 'knock your socks off' start it should have been.

its all ending the way that it started...

with tranquility....tony with the ducks...pondering life and what is left....

it wasnt too bad of an episode..but bobby is focked duck...

meadow doesnt sleep naked when the feds come? THAT was the chance to see her in topless or in a bra..meh..

Well, at least Tony got a Birthday morning 'wake-up call' from Carmella.... :thumbsup:

Well, at least Tony got a Birthday morning 'wake-up call' from Carmella.... :thumbsup:

which sparked a birthday bj for ME !!!!!!

thanks Tony !

not only were his fingerprints on it, the kid ripped his chest hair and a piece of his shirt.

Bobby went out of his way earlier to say "you need to be careful because of the DNA stuff now"

I could have sworn he was wearing latex gloves :cry:

But I agree with your premise as this plot point, with his concern over DNA evidence followed up by some really sloppy work, seems pretty contrived.