Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

LOST thread 4-11-07

I wanted to start this off with some rambling, non-sensical, insanity laced thoughts....

Still avoiding spoilers like they were herpes...

With all these flashback episodes, especially useless flashbacks like every single one dealing with Kate, I am officially kickstarting a movement to get a flashback episode for the smoke monster. Dammit.

More monster = more gooder.

Interesting how Sayid said that the Others simply disappeared without a trace from their village. I don't think they simply covered their tracks. I think they went underground. Considering all the underground hatches, and wherever the smoke monster was pulling Locke into when the Losties went to get dynamite at the Black Rock, I don't see any reason not to suspect vast tunnels throughout the island. This may be where the Other Others live as well. Remember Mikhail saying "We had a truce/agreement" before realizing who was approaching the Flame hatch. Other Others exist.

I am starting to think that Desmond is Jacob. The Others hold Jacob in high regard. The Others like to play mind games. Desmond lived in a Hatch before having his cover blown by Locke and Kate and Jack, sort of like Mikhail and Miss Klugh at the Flame station. Ben, Ethan, Goodwin all pretended to be something else when they were around the Losties or Tailes. Maybe Desmonds ability to travel a loop in time makes him so special that he is the leader of the Others. And Desmond will eventually become a traitor to the Losties as soon as the time is right. Like at the end of this season.

:pointstosky:

I think Locke will make a power play to become the new leader of the others. It's clear Ben has lost whatever connection he has had with the island which is why he turned to locke. I also believe Ben when he said he was coming for Locke back when he first got captured.

Speaking of locke he is based on the English philosopher John Locke (crazy I know) He also postulated that the mind was a "blank slate" or "tabula rasa"; that is, contrary to Cartesian or Christian philosophy, Locke maintained that people are born without innate ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Locke

I wrote a paper about the two last year in one of my Human Org classes

As for tunnels underground I thought that was obvious, especially in the episode about the two sh1t heads that got buried alive. Both Ben and Julie walked into the question mark hatch through a secret door. I believe all the hatches are interconnected.

I'm not so sure about Desmond as Jacob, because I don't believe Jacob is on the island.

I talked about 2 sets of others living on the island last year. What tipped me off was the kids walking around with no shoes and dragging the teady bears. Seems to me the others treated the captives well. What if this second set of others isn't as well off

Also I posted this on another site last February. This is before we knew about the other hatches and the other island. This is what I think the island looks like from above

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7348/lo...ndhatch21hm.jpg

Look familier?

http://khord.com/images/mr_clucks.gif

Both Ben and Julie walked into the question mark hatch through a secret door. I believe all the hatches are interconnected.

I talked about 2 sets of others living on the island last year. What tipped me off was the kids walking around with no shoes and dragging the teady bears. Seems to me the others treated the captives well. What if this second set of others isn't as well off.

While the some hatches may be interconnected, I think Ben and Juliette walked into the Pearl throught the outside entrance. Ben asked Juliette why the door was open (because Paulo left it open) and Juliette said Tom was in the Pearl a couple of days ago.

I agree that we saw the Other Others in that scene. I also have argued in the past that the Other Others were the ones who kidnapped the Tailies the first night on the island, since Goodwin did not have time to compile a list at that point.

Underground makes sense, because the children and other kidnappees have to be living somewhere.

While the some hatches may be interconnected, I think Ben and Juliette walked into the Pearl throught the outside entrance. Ben asked Juliette why the door was open (because Paulo left it open) and Juliette said Tom was in the Pearl a couple of days ago.

I agree that we saw the Other Others in that scene. I also have argued in the past that the Other Others were the ones who kidnapped the Tailies the first night on the island, since Goodwin did not have time to compile a list at that point.

Underground makes sense, because the children and other kidnappees have to be living somewhere.

Wait...when Jack saw the kidnapped Tailies when he was in the cage (i.e. remember...he briefly talks to the Stewardess before he yells at her), don't we see the Tailie kids as well (i.e. the kids who were kidnapped on the beach -- the ones with the teddy-bear)??? I'm pretty sure that we see the brother&sister in the background with a teddy-bear...

If that's true, I think the same Others who have Jack, also kidnapped the Tailie kids on the beach (and were subsequently seen by Ecko/Jin walking barefoot through the jungle with the dangling teddy-bear).

Follow me:

Kids/Teddy-bear on Tailies' beach (rescued by Ecko/Anna-Lucia after crash)

Kids/Teddy-bear kidnapped on first-night by somebody (presumably Others)

Kids/Teddy-bear seen walking through jungle (later by Ecko/Jin)

Kids/Teddy-bear watching Jack as he sits in the cage (in the Others' camp)

If the same kids are kidnapped, seen walking in the jungle with the Others, AND are seen by Jack in the Others' camp, that would lead me to believe that it was NOT a different group of Others responsible for the first-night's raid of the Tailies' beach.

:rolleyes:

Is this right???

While the some hatches may be interconnected, I think Ben and Juliette walked into the Pearl throught the outside entrance.

I'm not sure there's an outside entrance. To geting into the pearl you have to climb down a latter in which you can't even see the bottom.

Wait...when Jack saw the kidnapped Tailies when he was in the cage (i.e. remember...he briefly talks to the Stewardess before he yells at her), don't we see the Tailie kids as well (i.e. the kids who were kidnapped on the beach -- the ones with the teddy-bear)??? I'm pretty sure that we see the brother&sister in the background with a teddy-bear...

If that's true, I think the same Others who have Jack, also kidnapped the Tailie kids on the beach (and were subsequently seen by Ecko/Jin walking barefoot through the jungle with the dangling teddy-bear).

Follow me:

If the same kids are kidnapped, seen walking in the jungle with the Others, AND are seen by Jack in the Others' camp, that would lead me to believe that it was NOT a different group of Others responsible for the first-night's raid of the Tailies' beach.

Is this right???

Maybe, but it's not a stretch to believe they were kidnapped twice. once by the dirty others and then by the "clean" others.

Also what if the smoke monster is controlled by the dirty others.

Follow me:

Is this right???

We saw the kids one time while we were watching the episodes at the Hydra hatch and Other's Village. Just one time. We did not even see them when the Others were packing up to leave the Village just before they gassed Kate. Why? Where are they? I can't rationalize the kids showing up at Jack's cage. Up until then, I was sure the kids were with the Other Others.

I don't know the connection between the two sets of Others, but I strongly believe that there are two sets.

I think that there was truth to Ben saying to Michael at the end of Season 2 "We are the good guys", whereas the Other Others are more evil.

I keep going back to the same thought. Ben told Goodwin and Ethan to compile a list over the next few days just before they ran off into the jungle. Why would the Others then turn around and kidnapp random people on the very first night? Makes no sense.

We saw the kids one time while we were watching the episodes at the Hydra hatch and Other's Village. Just one time. We did not even see them when the Others were packing up to leave the Village just before they gassed Kate. Why? Where are they? I can't rationalize the kids showing up at Jack's cage. Up until then, I was sure the kids were with the Other Others.

I don't know the connection between the two sets of Others, but I strongly believe that there are two sets.

I think that there was truth to Ben saying to Michael at the end of Season 2 "We are the good guys", whereas the Other Others are more evil.

I keep going back to the same thought. Ben told Goodwin and Ethan to compile a list over the next few days just before they ran off into the jungle. Why would the Others then turn around and kidnapp random people on the very first night? Makes no sense.

I can't recall what you're referring to as far as the "episodes at the Hydra hatch and Other's village." You may very well be correct -- I'm just not sure which particular episode you're talking about.

We don't see the kids with the Others when they are gassing Kate. However, we also don't see Ben with the Others when they are gassing Kate. Just because we don't see the kids in that particular scene doesn't mean that they were or weren't at the Others' village.

If the "Bad" Others kidnapped the kids on the beach, I'm unsure how they would end up with the "Good" Others outside of Jack's cage. Maybe that will be explained with time (as I'm quite sure we'll eventually catch back up with that Stewardess character who was once with the Tailies and seems to now be with the Others). Your point about Goodwin's list and the sudden kidnapping makes sense -- it just doesn't explain how the kids got from the so-called "Bad Others" to the so-called "Good Others."

I'm not sure there's an outside entrance. To geting into the pearl you have to climb down a latter in which you can't even see the bottom.

That was what I was referring to. The entrance with the ladder. That's the way they came in. Because they commented that the door was ajar.

I can't recall what you're referring to as far as the "episodes at the Hydra hatch and Other's village." You may very well be correct -- I'm just not sure which particular episode you're talking about.

We don't see the kids with the Others when they are gassing Kate. However, we also don't see Ben with the Others when they are gassing Kate. Just because we don't see the kids in that particular scene doesn't mean that they were or weren't at the Others' village.

If the "Bad" Others kidnapped the kids on the beach, I'm unsure how they would end up with the "Good" Others outside of Jack's cage. Maybe that will be explained with time (as I'm quite sure we'll eventually catch back up with that Stewardess character who was once with the Tailies and seems to now be with the Others). Your point about Goodwin's list and the sudden kidnapping makes sense -- it just doesn't explain how the kids got from the so-called "Bad Others" to the so-called "Good Others."

:huh:

I was referring to ALL of the episodes at the Hydra station and the Other's village, basically most of this current season. We only see the kids once. They aren't in any background shots either.

When Kate asks about the kids, I believe it is Jack that says "They are safe." Safe? What kind of answer is that? Where are they keeping them? I think it is underground somewhere. Along with Cindy, and other kidnapped people. Once in a while they are allowed out, maybe to be taken to the brainwashing rooms.

I think cdub had an interesting thought that they were kidnapped twice. Hopefully all this speculation will be proven true or false in upcoming episodes.

That was what I was referring to. The entrance with the ladder. That's the way they came in. Because they commented that the door was ajar.

I was referring to ALL of the episodes at the Hydra station and the Other's village, basically most of this current season. We only see the kids once. They aren't in any background shots either.

When Kate asks about the kids, I believe it is Jack that says "They are safe." Safe? What kind of answer is that? Where are they keeping them? I think it is underground somewhere. Along with Cindy, and other kidnapped people. Once in a while they are allowed out, maybe to be taken to the brainwashing rooms.

I think cdub had an interesting thought that they were kidnapped twice. Hopefully all this speculation will be proven true or false in upcoming episodes.

That's a possibility that could be explained sometime soon -- maybe we'll get more of those types of answers, now that Juliet is with the Losties...

I like the idea of another, more sinister group of Others on the island. However, we don't really have any tangible proof of their existence so far (just innuendo from Ben or events -- like the beach kidnapping -- where "bad" Others could have potentially been the perpetrators).

:dunno:

Jack: "She is under my protection."

What a bloody poof that dude is. WTF is his protection gonna do? I really don't like Jack. :dunno:

My name is Sayid and I am a torturer.

FOCK YEAH!!! It's about time someone started asking the questions.

Who are you

What are you doing here

Why are you terrorizing us

:dunno: :lol: Sayid :lol: :lol:

Who are you

What are you doing here

:dunno: :lol: Sayid :lol: :lol:

I'm with the racist on this one. I'd like to see Sayid torture the sh1t out of Jack. :banana:

"What is she doing here?"

Gang bang :dunno:

"What is she doing here?"

Gang bang :dunno:

They've been stranded for 2 months, they guys have gotten to be feeling the need. :lol:

Who are you

What are you doing here

:unsure: :doublethumbsup: Sayid :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Unfortunately, Sayid has shown that he's not a very good interrogator/torturer.

Everyone (i.e. Sawyer, Ben, etc.) that he tortures just ends up lying to him or not giving him any answers. Not the mark of a good interrogator if you ask me...

:dunno:

Unfortunately, Sayid has shown that he's not a very good interrogator/torturer.

Everyone (i.e. Sawyer, Ben, etc.) that he tortures just ends up lying to him or not giving him any answers. Not the mark of a good interrogator if you ask me...

:doublethumbsup:

He's pretty good at knowing when people are lying to him. He never trusted Ben and he knew sawyer was a bad person.

However Julie pwned him on the moral police thing :unsure:

Hell yeah, Sayid is the man. If he doesn't trust someone you know they're up to something.

Did the preview show the second set of others?

Thoughts on tonight's episode...

Sayid asks the question everybody watching the show wanted to ask "Tell me everything". Exactly.

Ethan always looks creepy. He is the islands Michael Myers. He is a serial killer.

"Time flies once you are there." Richard foreshadowing time issues on the island. And why did they need to drug Juliette? Inexplicable.

Sawyer again with some great one liners. Ben = Bugeyed bastard. Three Men and a Baby; counted Hurley twice.

When Claire was bleeding, I started to cheer. Die. Die. Die.

Mindblowing watching all the cameras in the Flame station. Actually had the plane crash on film. Freaky. Although I was somewhat confused with the video of Rachel Burke. I think it was a tape, no matter what Ben said about it being live. That is why they would not let Juliet say anything to her sister.

Juliet semi-naked was solid.

If all the pregnancies on the island lead to death, and Juliet developed a vaccine recently to change that, how the fock did Rousseau give birth to Alex. And live? Is Rousseau the smoke monster in disguise. I don't think it was a lie, since we actually saw an Other's woman dying in surgery.

Juliet is evil again. Sweet. Also, the implant in Claire was a nod to the X-Files, as Scully had an implant in her neck that gave her cancer once it was removed. But the chip controlled her health. Of course, Scully also ended up pregnant later in the series, despite her being barren, like Rachel, and sort of like the Other's women. The writers mentioned that they were XFiles fans, and this is yet another reference. Just like the cigarette left behind in the Pearl station last year when Locke and Mr Eko first entered it. The Cigarette Smoking Man.

If all the pregnancies on the island lead to death, and Juliet developed a vaccine recently to change that, how the fock did Rousseau give birth to Alex. And live? Is Rousseau the smoke monster in disguise. I don't think it was a lie, since we actually saw an Other's woman dying in surgery.

Did Rousseau actually say she gave birth on the island? :thumbsup:

Did Rousseau actually say she gave birth on the island? :thumbsup:

She said that when she arrived on the island, she was pregnant. Something like 6 or 7 months pregnant. I think she said it when Sayid found her in Season One.

The writers have kicked it up a notch the past 4-5 episodes. Now the question is, what is Juliet's assignment at the Losties camp? Is she looking for more pregnant women? Is it something more sinister? Also, Ben said he will see her in a week. Based on the timing of this show, that could be the last episode of the season. :thumbsup:

I am officially slapping myself in the face for enduring a week between these shows. The waiting period makes me want to peel my fingernails off. I wish I waited for this series to end to watch it the whole way through. I probably would have stayed up days at a time to do so. :banana:

Thoughts on tonight's episode...

Ethan always looks creepy. He is the islands Michael Myers. He is a serial killer.

"Time flies once you are there." Richard foreshadowing time issues on the island. And why did they need to drug Juliette? Inexplicable.

As creepy as Ethan is, he's one of the cooler characters on the show (considering all the crap that he was in on). There were some theories that, if the island was on some sort of weird loop, that Ethan was actually the grown-up version of baby Aaron. I think it's more likely that Ben is the grown-up version of Aaron (considering that Ben said he was born on the island and has been there all his life). But that's another discussion...

I'm glad someone else noticed the "time flies" comment. It seemed like a deliberate clue. Also, I'm waiting to learn more about the guy who recruited Juliet (can't remember his name). We know that he's been to the island -- as he was pushing Ben around in a wheel-chair in one scene. He's another character (like Ethan) who seems to have his hands in a lot of different plots...

The Rousseau pregnancy question is an interesting one. She's certainly one of the more enigmatic characters on the island. I'm still not sure that she's being completely honest with her circumstances in coming to the island (or the fate of her comrades). Plus, she's a little off-kilter -- so I'm not sure if her version of reality is very sound. Ultimately, her flashback (should we ever see it) would probably be one of (if not THE) most revelatory flashback thus far (in regards to the island itself).

Another thing...it'll be interesting to see what happens to Sun and her pregnancy (which was alluded to when Kate glanced towards her after hearing from Juliet that all the pregnant women on the island die). Sun looks to be a central character in the remaining episodes of this season. It's been rumored for some time that Jin or Sun could meet their fate sometime soon...might very well happen before the end of this season.

:wall:

That whole moral police scene pissed me off. I was waiting for sayid to punch her in the mouth. Simple solution. Sawyer, take that to jack while i have a talk with juliett. Problem solved. Theres no way both of em should've been intimidated.

Another good episode. Not a ton of action, but, a lot of important stuff going on, some more mysteries and progress into the series.

I just wanted to point out, sorry if i am stating the obvious, and it's not really an important point just an observation. The guy Juliet shamangled is the same guy Ana Lucia killed, the guy who was infiltrating the tailies, and killed the guy Ana thought was the other, i think his name is Jacob, not 100% on that one.

Yeah, the biggest question is.... What is Juliet's mission?? I honestly have no idea why they would send her there, they already have everything they need on the losties. Maybe to get Jack back??? I don't really know. I have no idea how the others would know Sun is pregnent, if that is the reason. Also, we see Locke again in one of the upcoming episodes, and possibly the other others. I mean, it is clear Juliet really does want to get off the island, and she doesn't really want to be there and doesn't really like or trust Ben. I don't get why she continues to do stuff for them, other than for show because Ben is the only chance she has to get off the island. Maybe she is double crossing Ben, and is actually going to help the losties take over the island, now that would be something.

With the kids and the other others theory. The others don't seem like the type to get flat out kidnap people, as juliet said, the plan wasn't to kidnap Clare, but, he had to do that after they found him out. They are a lot more subtle. Rousseau said they killed all the other members of her party, we know the others wouldn't just go out and kill them. Her giving birth(we don't know if she did or not) is a mystery, maybe back then it was possible to give birth, or maybe it was just a freak occurance like Ben getting cancer. The others saving the losties and tailies among others from the other others makes a lot of sense now that i think about it. The others aren't dirty, don't wear burlap sacks, ect. Maybe they are the "hostiles" the chess game was referring to. Also, remember the whispers in the jungle, i wouldn't think the others would do that. When they were outside of Jacks cage, they said everything was OK, maybe because everything wasn't OK when they were with the hostile others.

Going way back, i remember Walt saying they make him take tests, and they are not who they say they are....

I mean, we still really don't know who they are or why they are here. We know they perform medical procedures, they claim basically this island has special powers, something to do with magnetic fields, something cosmic??? who knows...We know they are very smart and need protection(they have a lot of guns and protective fenses, meaning they needed a lot of protection even before the losties arrived). We know they live, or use to live, in an suburbia island villiage. They have advanced technology, and have a lot fo resources. They come here on a submarine. That's about it, we don't know who they are, or why they are here. We do know it's because of the island and whatever superpowers it has....

Another good episode. Not a ton of action, but, a lot of important stuff going on, some more mysteries and progress into the series.

I just wanted to point out, sorry if i am stating the obvious, and it's not really an important point just an observation. The guy Juliet shamangled is the same guy Ana Lucia killed, the guy who was infiltrating the tailies, and killed the guy Ana thought was the other, i think his name is Jacob, not 100% on that one.

Yeah, the biggest question is.... What is Juliet's mission?? I honestly have no idea why they would send her there, they already have everything they need on the losties. Maybe to get Jack back??? I don't really know. I have no idea how the others would know Sun is pregnent, if that is the reason. Also, we see Locke again in one of the upcoming episodes, and possibly the other others. I mean, it is clear Juliet really does want to get off the island, and she doesn't really want to be there and doesn't really like or trust Ben. I don't get why she continues to do stuff for them, other than for show because Ben is the only chance she has to get off the island. Maybe she is double crossing Ben, and is actually going to help the losties take over the island, now that would be something.

With the kids and the other others theory. The others don't seem like the type to get flat out kidnap people, as juliet said, the plan wasn't to kidnap Clare, but, he had to do that after they found him out. They are a lot more subtle. Rousseau said they killed all the other members of her party, we know the others wouldn't just go out and kill them. Her giving birth(we don't know if she did or not) is a mystery, maybe back then it was possible to give birth, or maybe it was just a freak occurance like Ben getting cancer. The others saving the losties and tailies among others from the other others makes a lot of sense now that i think about it. The others aren't dirty, don't wear burlap sacks, ect. Maybe they are the "hostiles" the chess game was referring to. Also, remember the whispers in the jungle, i wouldn't think the others would do that. When they were outside of Jacks cage, they said everything was OK, maybe because everything wasn't OK when they were with the hostile others.

Going way back, i remember Walt saying they make him take tests, and they are not who they say they are....

I mean, we still really don't know who they are or why they are here. We know they perform medical procedures, they claim basically this island has special powers, something to do with magnetic fields, something cosmic??? who knows...We know they are very smart and need protection(they have a lot of guns and protective fenses, meaning they needed a lot of protection even before the losties arrived). We know they live, or use to live, in an suburbia island villiage. They have advanced technology, and have a lot fo resources. They come here on a submarine. That's about it, we don't know who they are, or why they are here. We do know it's because of the island and whatever superpowers it has....

you do know this is a fiction television program - right ?

His name was Goodwin; and yes...he was killed by Anna-Lucia. Death by impaling, I think...ouch...

you do know this is a fiction television program - right ?

Yeah, right! Next thing you know, you'll be telling us that Big Pete is less than 100% truthful. :blink:

:wub: ;) :P

So the ###### is a spy. :cheers:

A spy with nice brestesses..... :dunno:

The others don't seem like the type to get flat out kidnap people, as juliet said, the plan wasn't to kidnap Clare, but, he had to do that after they found him out. They are a lot more subtle.

I thought it was established that whatever Ethan planted in Claire (some sort of transmitter) was bad (hence Ben telling Juliet about a "crisis occurring" when she arrived on the beach). I think that the implant in Claire was a fallback position for the Others in case they needed to infiltrate the Losties camp and needed a way for a member of the Others to immediately gain their trust. I don't think that whatever Ethan injected Claire with was used for purposes to benefit her.

Also, everyone keeps talking about the Other Others. Are there any characters on the show that you can say are part of the Other Others that we have seen so far? What things do you guys think the Other Others are responsible for that you previously thought the Others had done (in addition to the random kidnappings on the beach)?

Jack sucks at life. In the span of a couple of days, Kate broke his heart and Juliette is about to do the exact same thing. He is such a loser that despite saving a woman's life and marrying her, she cheats on him and bails out. The thought of him getting squashed again makes me happy.

I guess the biggest question is why is Juliette doing this facade. What is the motivation? Why does Ben want her there? And is she now a double agent, willing to side with whomever will get her off the island first.

As far as what the Other Others are responsible for, I gotta give that some thought. That's an interesting question.

I think they went underground. Considering all the underground hatches, and wherever the smoke monster was pulling Locke into when the Losties went to get dynamite at the Black Rock, I don't see any reason not to suspect vast tunnels throughout the island.

Not a chance, dumbass. :pointstosky: