Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Imus fired.

I hope he spends his newfound free time getting a haircut and trimming those LLoyd Bridges eyebrows of his. Looks like he's got a coupla white brillo pads on his forehead.

Fock CBS they are all a bunch of "Nappy haired cvnts" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wow. :mad: I'm not a hooge Imus fan (actually I'm not a fan), but every person on radio will be going :mad: for quite a while. Glad to see that the mob mentality is alive and well in this country. :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is a victory for decency...against racism. Sharpton rocks.

You can change your sig now, Rusty. :huh:

I hope he spends his newfound free time getting a haircut and trimming those LLoyd Bridges eyebrows of his. Looks like he's got a coupla white brillo pads on his forehead.

christ i just clicked on cnn.com and his pic is front page news. what a fossil! good god man, he looks like gandalf.

he has a gizzard! how old is he?

sad day in America. I don't like Imus, but he doesn't deserve this...

Jesse says he's gone so he's gone, wise up cracker :mad:

I bet you cried the day lynchings were outlawed.

how old is he?

According to Wickerpedia he's 66.

Wow. I didn't like his comments, but that is pretty harsh. :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is a victory for decency...against racism. Sharpton rocks.

This is absolute proof that you are HIGH! :huh:

"Sad day in America"? And you think HIS comments were over sensationalized?

His employer decided he wasn't worth the trouble. If I heard right, 8 national sponsors were pulling their ad money. People can blame Sharpton, Jackson, political correctness, over-sensitivity, reverse racism, double standards, etc all they want. This is simple commerce.

He broadcasts on public airwaves. If he wants the freedom to say whatever he wants, he can go to satellite radio. Bet the offers won't come pouring in. He's steadily lost audience share over the years, though his MSNBC numbers were up a bit. Of course, a decent sized family switching their viewing habits would spike MSNBC numbers.

Wow. I didn't like his comments, but that is pretty harsh. :banana:

Yeah, but he admittedly did traffic cone sized piles of coke back in the day. That stuff will age you like dog years.

His employer decided he wasn't worth the trouble. If I heard right, 8 national sponsors were pulling their ad money. People can blame Sharpton, Jackson, political correctness, over-sensitivity, reverse racism, double standards, etc all they want. This is simple commerce.

He broadcasts on public airwaves. If he wants the freedom to say whatever he wants, he can go to satellite radio. Bet the offers won't come pouring in. He's steadily lost audience share over the years, though his MSNBC numbers were up a bit. Of course, a decent sized family switching their viewing habits would spike MSNBC numbers.

I agree with your post; to me the shame is how it exploded to the point that CBS had to make that choice.

As to the bold, that is my thinking. Like MSNBC has anyone watching any other show? :ninja:

Wow. I didn't like his comments, but that is pretty harsh. :ninja:

i apologize for my hateful comment about imus.

:o it's just that i had never heard of the guy before this week. and when i did, that is definitely NOT what i pictured. i guess there's a reason guys like him and Stern do radio.

Yeah, but he admittedly did traffic cone sized piles of coke back in the day. That stuff will age you like dog years.

8 sponsors and you cancel a show? A radio show? don't thinks so. Stern lost sponsors left and right and there were plenty in line to take their place. If you can't figure this out, then i want a ticket to your fantasy land.

I agree with your post; to me the shame is how it exploded to the point that CBS had to make that choice.

It's the danger you run into when you deal with public airwaves. People have tried to compare his comments to Chapelle, etc, but Chapelle couldn't do his show on ABC. And WFAN and the CBS affiliates that syndicated Imus are the radio equivalent.

i apologize for my hateful comment about imus.

:o it's just that i had never heard of the guy before this week. and when i did, that is definitely NOT what i pictured. i guess there's a reason guys like him and Stern do radio.

Sorry, I meant the firing was harsh. :ninja:

Though now that I read up on it a bit, it sounds like this isn't exactly a first offense.

I've heard of the guy before, but have never seen the show.

8 sponsors and you cancel a show? A radio show? don't thinks so. Stern lost sponsors left and right and there were plenty in line to take their place. If you can't figure this out, then i want a ticket to your fantasy land.

:ninja: :o :banana: :wub: at you.

Still waiting for a fact... wait... I think there actually may be a fact in there somewhere!!! Finally!!!

Yes, Stern lost sponsors when he moved to satellite radio. Now please relate that *fact* to CBS deciding that keeping Imus on the air wasn't worth the trouble.

Did you know that they fired him the day before he was supposed to do his radiothon for the CJ foundation for SIDS and the Imus ranch?

Very distasteful, couldn't they wait a day?

Great. Line up all the sponsors that are ready to replace Staples, General Motors, Sprint Nextel, GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble, PetMed Express, American Express and Bigelow Tea. Those are some pretty heavy hitters for a program with declining ratings in a slowly dying medium.

Think CBS would have fired him if they had advertisers with comparable budgets chomping at the bit to sign on? Maybe in your fantasy land.

But I guess you're right. I mean, Stern kept his job.

Did you know that they fired him the day before he was supposed to do his radiothon for the CJ foundation for SIDS and the Imus ranch?

Very distasteful, couldn't they wait a day?

I think he already did it. Saw some headlines today. :ninja:

Maybe he bumped it up knowing full well what was coming.

Great. Line up all the sponsors that are ready to replace Staples, General Motors, Sprint Nextel, GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble, PetMed Express, American Express and Bigelow Tea. Those are some pretty heavy hitters for a program with declining ratings in a slowly dying medium.

Think CBS would have fired him if they had advertisers with comparable budgets chomping at the bit to sign on? Maybe in your fantasy land.

But I guess you're right. I mean, Stern kept his job.

People can blame Sharpton, Jackson, political correctness, over-sensitivity, reverse racism, double standards, etc all they want.

all right then have it your way, it was all about those advertisers. It had absolutley nothing to do with any of the reasons you mentioned above. Nada freakin one of them. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at you.

Still waiting for a fact... wait... I think there actually may be a fact in there somewhere!!! Finally!!!

Yes, Stern lost sponsors when he moved to satellite radio. Now please relate that *fact* to CBS deciding that keeping Imus on the air wasn't worth the trouble.

FACT: you are talking like a crazed idiot who makes no sense. :mad:

I love America, but there are certain things that I don't like about it sometimes. :lol:

I love America, but there are certain things that I don't like about it sometimes. :mad:

:lol: i'm also really broken up over this. this is an American tragedy. years from now, we'll all remember where we were on April 12th - the day talk radio died. :lol:

:lol: i'm also really broken up over this. this is an American tragedy. years from now, we'll all remember where we were on April 12th - the day talk radio died. :mad:

I don't give 2 sh1ts about Imus; I didn't even listen to him. However, I hate how PC our culture has become. People need to lighten the fock up. :lol:

all right then have it your way, it was all about those advertisers. It had absolutley nothing to do with any of the reasons you mentioned above. Nada freakin one of them. :lol:

And you can roll your eyes all you want, but if Imus was still a money maker with enough juice to retain/add advertisers through this sh!tstorm, he'd be starting his two week suspension Monday. If you'll recall, that was the announcement after the big onslaught from Sharpton, Jackson, et al. At that point, one advertiser had abandoned ship.

Today, when eight are gone (including the biggies), he's fired. Purely coincidental and unrelated, I would guess.

As you reminded us earlier, Stern is still thriving on public airwaves despite the repeated headaches he caused for his employer and sponsors.

I think he already did it. Saw some headlines today. :pointstosky:

Maybe he bumped it up knowing full well what was coming.

no, it started on WFAN radio (hhis flagship station) at 12 pm and would have ended with his show tomoorow at 11.

He may have done some promoting for it, but it didn't actually start when he was on.

no, it started on WFAN radio (hhis flagship station) at 12 pm and would have ended with his show tomoorow at 11.

He may have done some promoting for it, but it didn't actually start when he was on.

Here's what I read:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Don Imus raised nearly $1 million in the first five hours of his annual radio charity fundraiser Thursday, but it was only by voice _ MSNBC pulled the plug on his talk show's television simulcast amid the uproar over his racial slur.

I agree, even the Nappy Hairs shoulda at least let him finish the fundraiser.

But oooohhh nooooo!!! Negroes got orfended!!! :dunno: That's FAR more important than sick kids.

:pointstosky:

And you can roll your eyes all you want, but if Imus was still a money maker with enough juice to retain/add advertisers through this sh!tstorm, he'd be starting his two week suspension Monday. If you'll recall, that was the announcement after the big onslaught from Sharpton, Jackson, et al. At that point, one advertiser had abandoned ship.

Today, when eight are gone (including the biggies), he's fired. Purely coincidental and unrelated, I would guess.

As you reminded us earlier, Stern is still thriving on public airwaves despite the repeated headaches he caused for his employer and sponsors.

stern was on the public airwaves for 20 years before sat. you are the one who stated that there was absolutly no outside influence except those advertisments. great. choke on it :dunno:

o yea :pointstosky: :dunno:

stern was on the public airwaves for 20 years before sat. you are the one who stated that there was absolutly no outside influence except those advertisments. great. choke on it :dunno:

o yea :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And Imus has been on 10-15 years longer than Stern. Your point is?

Never stated that there was 'absolutely no outside influence'. I said that once the $$$ didn't justify keeping him, he was gone. Pretty simple concept, really.

Imus, Stern, and a nearly endless list of comics and commentators, have all endured public outcry in the past. Their employers don't fire them until they become more trouble than they're worth. Their worth is determined by how much revenue they can generate. It's not that hard.

i think the real tragedy in this is the fact i've actually had to see the rutgers basketball on tv more because of this. nappy headed hoes doesn't even begin describe these beastly women. :rolleyes:

Welcome to liberalism. They want freedom of speech for themselves but will absolutely do anything to destroy you if they dont like what you say. Yes its race issue, but only in the climate that the new Liberalism provides can a fat lesbian say 911 was an inside job and the UK staged the hostage takeover and keep her job but a white male jokes about nappy headed ho's and is summarily crushed, destroyed, fired.

I dont even like Imus but this is retarded. Thank you libs.

Fans of Opie and Anthony are mobilizing... :rolleyes:

***URGENT*** Rally to support Imus for NYC area people!

Tomorrow Morning (Friday 4/12/07) 6:30 AM outside the Today Show - Meet tomorrow at Rockefellar Center under the big statue by the ice skating rink.

Show up if you can... this is urgent!!! Be there!!!

This is going to get ugly. I am cautiously optimistic that this will get some media coverage. Because I am positive they will have more than the 50 butt plugs that showed up to support Sharpton the other day.

This issue is personal. Now that Imus is gone, if shows like Opie & Anthony and Kidd Chris are next on the CBS chopping block, what the fock am I going to listen to at work? Fock. :rolleyes: :dunno:

Welcome to liberalism. They want freedom of speech for themselves but will absolutely do anything to destroy you if they dont like what you say. Yes its race issue, but only in the climate that the new Liberalism provides can a fat lesbian say 911 was an inside job and the UK staged the hostage takeover and keep her job but a white male jokes about nappy headed ho's and is summarily crushed, destroyed, fired.

I dont even like Imus but this is retarded. Thank you libs.

LOL...the FCC, the real boogeyman in this issue, is just slightly left of Mein Kampf. They're the ones that have established this nebulous, undefined 'safe haven' of public airwaves.

The sheer number of people tilting at windmills here is amazing. How hard is it to understand that Chappelle can't do his show on ABC, but he can go on a pay service like cable and say pretty close to whatever he wants? Imus can do the same, but not over the public airwaves. What happened here is all about the risk you run in exchange for easy access to an audience, on an entity that's regulated by the combination of an inefficient government agency and the power of advertising dollars.

Fans of Opie and Anthony are mobilizing... :rolleyes:

This is going to get ugly. I am cautiously optimistic that this will get some media coverage. Because I am positive they will have more than the 50 butt plugs that showed up to support Sharpton the other day.

This issue is personal. Now that Imus is gone, if shows like Opie & Anthony and Kidd Chris are next on the CBS chopping block, what the fock am I going to listen to at work? Fock. :rolleyes: :dunno:

Broadcast radio is a dying medium. It has been for years. Satellite will become as prevalent and commonly accepted as cable tv in the next decade.

People never dreamed they'd pay for tv or bottled water either.

Broadcast radio is a dying medium. It has been for years. Satellite will become as prevalent and commonly accepted as cable tv in the next decade.

People never dreamed they'd pay for tv or bottled water either.

Broadcast radio was certainly been defanged.

Dam, on a side note, I am watching Michelle Malkin filling in for O'Reilly tonight. She has gotten into a flame war with every guest so far.

Holy fock. Things are tense in this country right now.