Sign in to follow this  
Electric Mayhem

How would you prepare if you knew you were going to be in one of those

I know criminals hope won't come to that, but c'mon. A little preparedness could go a long way here. If I were going to escape anything by car, I would make sure to do the following:

1) Have little ramps and a cutter on the front of my car installed that sends any spike strip put in front of me over the hood to wreck pursuing vehicles.

2) Have super duper brakes so when they pull up behind/next to me to do the 'spin the guy out move', I can pull the Maverick 'hit the brakes and he'll fly right by' maneuver and do it to them.

3) A 120 gallon gas tank installed in the trunk. I'll make it to Utah without so much as a fuel light coming on.

4) In the off chance that I do have to run, I'll be wearing a tear away jumpsuit and sneakers topped off with those ginormo arm pads in case they send in the dogs. And under the jumpsuit will be a McDonald's employee outfit or something so if I make it into a public place I can pull off the jumpsuit and escape.

5) I'd also paint an bad word on the top of the car so they couldn't air the chase on TV.

Of course the real trick is to lose the chopper. I think the best way is to follow the lead of Heat - go near the airport. Or at least find your way into a parking garage or covered structure with multiple exits.

I know criminals hope won't come to that, but c'mon. A little preparedness could go a long way here. If I were going to escape anything by car, I would make sure to do the following:

1) Have little ramps and a cutter on the front of my car installed that sends any spike strip put in front of me over the hood to wreck pursuing vehicles.

2) Have super duper brakes so when they pull up behind/next to me to do the 'spin the guy out move', I can pull the Maverick 'hit the brakes and he'll fly right by' maneuver and do it to them.

3) A 120 gallon gas tank installed in the trunk. I'll make it to Utah without so much as a fuel light coming on.

4) In the off chance that I do have to run, I'll be wearing a tear away jumpsuit and sneakers topped off with those ginormo arm pads in case they send in the dogs. And under the jumpsuit will be a McDonald's employee outfit or something so if I make it into a public place I can pull off the jumpsuit and escape.

5) I'd also paint an bad word on the top of the car so they couldn't air the chase on TV.

Of course the real trick is to lose the chopper. I think the best way is to follow the lead of Heat - go near the airport. Or at least find your way into a parking garage or covered structure with multiple exits.

What bank are you going to knock off? ;) Just so I know it was you when it airs on the news. :dunno:

Actually, just yeterday live on Fox News, some guy in downtown LA was leading the cops on a chase with 3 blown out tires and his back bumper being dragged through the streets.

The guy was only going 15-20 mph but the cops wouldn't stop him.

Good Luck with the robbery. :cheers:

Automatic weapons are a MUST.

Additionally, home made explosives that can be dropped from the vehicle....

Pre-set shotguns near the back blind spots, where a cruiser might want to try to nudge the vehicle into a spin. They get close, they get messy.... :wub:

Canisters of oil which could be lit to create a cloud of smoke behind.

The car should be rigged to explode like a feritlizer truck as well, so if I make away on foot, those comignin behind get a nice headache... :wub:

Court TV was just showing a live chase on TV in Granada Hills CA.

Man you work fast. :wub:

Something similar was done like this once. I saw it on that show Criminal Masterminds. It was a group of brothas that tricked out a Benz that was hooked up to nitrous and spit oil out the back making it slippery for those trying to tail them.

Guest Black Label Society

You've thought this out, my man.

:wub:

Although I would also buy boxes of nails and 1 inch drywall screws to throw on the street while I'm driving.

Everybody with blown out tires would make for an incredible wreck and there's no way the fuzz would be able to hang with ya.

Also, I might equip my vehicle with those 'run flat' tires....

Although I would also buy boxes of nails and 1 inch drywall screws to throw on the street while I'm driving.

Everybody with blown out tires would make for an incredible wreck and there's no way the fuzz would be able to hang with ya.

Nails and screws are mostly just gonna lay flat.

That's why I mentioned caltrops. Maybe 2" or 3" ones.

rink

No matter how they land, one point is always straight up.

I've thought about this a lot actually.

My solution is to wear a backpack and ride a motorcycle.

A motorcycle can outrun any cop car easy...Plus, you can go lots of places cars can't. You can cut through apt complexes and go out personal gates, you can cut through parks...all kinds of stuff.

Then to lose the chopper, you simply ride into a mall parking garage. Now you have multiple options.

Park the bike, get into a car you've stashed, and are off?

Walk right through the mall and out another exit (after you've changed clothes)?

The cops won't know what to do.

Guest Black Label Society

Nails and screws are mostly just gonna lay flat.

That's why I mentioned caltrops. Maybe 2" or 3" ones.

rink

No matter how they land, one point is always straight up.

Roger that! :unsure:

Also, I might equip my vehicle with those 'run flat' tires....

Actually - those "tweels" would be perfect! no air

I would make sure that I have clean underwear on. Mom always said that you should have clean underwear in case you are in an accident. If I am in one of those chases, I am almost assuredly going to the hospital. :unsure:

Of course the real trick i

That would add nearly 660 pounds to the wieght of the car, going to hinder performance a bit.

That would add nearly 660 pounds to the wieght of the car, going to hinder performance a bit.

yeah, but you ain't outrunning anyone unless you take the motorcycle route or have a freakin' Lamborghini. And if you have a Lamborghini, you shouldn't need to steal anything in the first place.

Don't forget to wear a diaper for bathroom breaks.

flux capacitor.

:cry:

A multi-barreled Donut Gun.

It would work a lot like firing flares to misdirect heat-seeking missiles.

(Actually, this would be a huge hit with the TV audience, and would prolly make the cops super mad.)

A multi-barreled Donut Gun.

It would work a lot like firing flares to misdirect heat-seeking missiles.

(Actually, this would be a huge hit with the TV audience, and would prolly make the cops super mad.)

:pointstosky:

now THAT would make for news tv of historical proportions. We're talking YouTube top 10 lists for infinity

Yeah! :pointstosky:

On dry pavement I'll bet that baby can get all the way up to 0 mph! :o

:(

:pointstosky:

now THAT would make for news tv of historical proportions. We're talking YouTube top 10 lists for infinity

I envision it with 5 barrels arranged in a semicircular fan. One barrel fires straight to the left of the vehicle, one straight to the right, one straight up, and two pointed up-left and up-right.

Total preparation can be found on the original spyhunter game.... Incorporate slick screens and fog, and avoid those cars with the daggers that stick out of the car rims.

A car that jumps ramps really well, a compound bow, and some exploding arrows. I'm pretty sure that's all you need. :banana: