Sign in to follow this  
AmbassadorOfKwan

Sopranos tonight

5 shows left have to be the greatest Ive ever seen to make up for the last 2 years of Soprano Poopalooza Ive seen.. who gives a sh1t about the Johnnycakes story? It was over and done with. This is what I want o see in one of my favorite shows final seasons...a homo half characters son dressing up in some Big Petes Lingerie store rejects and dropping a duece in the school shower. My 7 year old nephew couldve wrote this crap. To top that....keep me on the edge of my seat wondering if T is going to win or lose his bets. Come on.

So far this final season has been a big disappointment. At this rate the series is going out on a whimper.

So far this final season has been a big disappointment. At this rate the series is going out on a whimper.

True that. Anyone with any balls would have killed Paulie off last week. What purpose doses that dipshit serve?

They cant even build up the Tony/Phil rivalry right. I do want to see the last 5 shows, but I do not believe that there is any way that this show goes out like it should.

I was somewhat on board with the season so far....then at the end of tonight the money lender's G/F mysteriously croaks in her sleep and Tony shows up and pays him back?

I thought it was making sense - his gambling spiraling completely out of control...ruining his marriage...hurting his image with his crew, etc, etc.

Then at the end of tonight's episode he pays him back $200K? What, is he going to become a boy scout and pull himself together now?!? Why let him fall so far just to snap him out of it now? :argue:

Well, I wouldn't want them killing off a character just for the sake of killing off a character. There has to be at least some buildup to it. Killing off Paulie accomplishes nothing. Now if Christopher got killed off, I could see why they'd do that. There is some serious tension between him and Tony. But why tease us for the first 4 episodes, like Tony is some kind of grim reaper?

I was also very confused by the ending of this week's episode. Maybe this will all make sense by the final episode. But so far every episode has felt like a waste of time. Disappointing because I thoroughly have enjoyed the series, even last season even though it could've done without the whole redundant dream sequence episode.

I thought tonight's episode was better than the first three (though that admittedly is not saying much). Tony's money problems give you a sense of impending doom that is good for building up for the finale. A man will do just about anything when he gets himself in serious financial trouble.

When is Tony going to jump over the shark? Now that would be cool.

Need a fast boat.

I was somewhat on board with the season so far....then at the end of tonight the money lender's G/F mysteriously croaks in her sleep and Tony shows up and pays him back?

I thought it was making sense - his gambling spiraling completely out of control...ruining his marriage...hurting his image with his crew, etc, etc.

Then at the end of tonight's episode he pays him back $200K? What, is he going to become a boy scout and pull himself together now?!? Why let him fall so far just to snap him out of it now? :doublethumbsup:

i was waiting for the house to explode..i guess it WAS $$ afterall?...we'll see next week....

the only time i woke up was when it looked like tony was going to shove carmella through the step railing and choke fock her...

tonys world fell apart quite a bit this week...with carmella..his gambling..the therapist...

still..i dont care about jack osbourne pooping in the shower and meadow is getting paid WAY too much to just sa, way to go mom and sip wine..shes a waste...

I thought there were some hilarious parts, when he said her house was a piece o shiit, and that it was going to come crashing down and kill the baby was good stuff.

i was waiting for the house to explode..i guess it WAS $$ afterall?...we'll see next week....

I thought the exact same...that it was a bomb.

And I was slightly disappointed when it wasn't. :dunno:

Tony is going down...Either going to jail or going to die.

Way too much foreshadowing with Carmella being worried about ending up alone and unprovided for.

I think we are seeing the calm before the storm. Tony's life is falling apart and it will be tense the last couple of episodes because things will be coming at him from different directions.

calm before the storm...or maybe I just have too much faith.

LOL. More continued validation of me not bothering to shell out money for HBO the past three years.

:thumbsup:

.30 cents a day :clap:

For me the $10 a month is worth it even if we only watch a few movies a month, beats the hell out of the $25 to watch a movie at the theatre

Tony is going down...Either going to jail or going to die.

Way too much foreshadowing with Carmella being worried about ending up alone and unprovided for.

I think we are seeing the calm before the storm. Tony's life is falling apart and it will be tense the last couple of episodes because things will be coming at him from different directions.

calm before the storm...or maybe I just have too much faith.

I tend to think you're right about the 'calm before the storm'...otherwise, the show will be going out not with a bang, but a whimper.

Unlike a lot of people I didn't mind the first two episodes. Some setup was required if everything was going to unfold at the breakneck pace I anticipated. But last night's ep was pretty much a waste of time. Now, that pace has to be even breakneckier.

LOL. More continued validation of me not bothering to shell out money for HBO the past three years.

:banana:

Well then you missed Rome and Deadwood, which is unfortunate.

However, they don't have sh*t left. Sopranos is about done and not that good anymore anyway, Entourage is an absolute abomination, Big Love could not be worse if they tried...am I forgetting any others?

HBO :dunno:

.30 cents a day :banana:

For me the $10 a month is worth it even if we only watch a few movies a month, beats the hell out of the $25 to watch a movie at the theatre

itsatip that netflix. :dunno:

I thought last night's episode was okay.

I groaned when we revisited the stupid spec house, but at least it led to a good argument between Tony and Carmella, complete with breaking stuff.

I'll agree that the dumb-ass kid's emotional troubles are not something we need to spend time on with 5 episodes left. The pooping was good though.

itsatip that netflix. :rolleyes:

and support your local library!!! most good libraries carry all these shows now and you can rent the entire season at once instead of waiting for each dvd through netflix or blockbuster. you have more of a time limit to watch them but it's worth it to me to sit down and watch an entire season over a weekend instead of wating for months for hbo to air all 13.

I groaned when we revisited the stupid spec house, but at least it led to a good argument between Tony and Carmella, complete with breaking stuff.

I'll agree that the dumb-ass kid's emotional troubles are not something we need to spend time on with 5 episodes left. The pooping was good though.

#1. the pooping.

I thought the kid was gonna attack the bullies with the turd... throw it at 'em or hit 'em with it... but just drop a deuce in the shower? weak.

#2. The spec house

shows that Carm is as despicable as Tony... building a crappy house and hoodwinking an honest family into buying it knowing full well that it's not properly constructed! Carm is every bit the Mob that Tony is and over the past couple seasons, we've seen that more and more (remember her Porsche Cayenne?)

Overall, they're stressing that whole "crime doesn't pay" lesson... Tony and Carm... heck, NONE of them have peace and security in their lives. They live large and look like big shots on the outside, but it's all paper-thin.

Why do you think Junior's card game was shown... it isn't about the money... it's about having everyone around to play cards and telling the same stupid jokes over and over... you don't have to be a Mob boss to enjoy that.

Still, I'd like more action and the show's producers know it... they're almost making fun of us for it... a few weeks ago, the episode started off with a scene in the parking garage and a mutilated body hanging... and I was like *"oh boy! this is it"*... and then we find out it's a clip from Chrissy's shiatty movie... and clearly, we the viewers are suckers because we know Chris's movie suxors, yet it's exactly what we want to see out of the Sopranos.

Hopefully they wrap this thing up in a memorable way. It's been great show with some less than great episodes.

..am I forgetting any others?

HBO :rolleyes:

The Wire is excellent, tho its only on for one more year. Curb Your Enthusiasm is returning soon as well.

The Wire is excellent, tho its only on for one more year. Curb Your Enthusiasm is returning soon as well.

Okay, good points there. Plus I am holding out hope for that new show from the Deadwood creator (forget the name of it)...but that still isn't much.

I think the kid will end up being relevant. His mother is suffering, what she's going through is a major risk, because it's creating bad blood between Tony & the kid's uncle. And she's wanting $100K to move - Tony just lost that on that football game (MIA with the hurt kicker...lol) - thing is that she knows a hell of a lot. She might end up being the one who brings the mob down with her big mouth if she doesn't get paid.

And that kid will end up being a catalyst for it all with his antics. Someone might even whack the kid.

Just guessing... :shocking:

I think the kid will end up being relevant. His mother is suffering, what she's going through is a major risk, because it's creating bad blood between Tony & the kid's uncle. And she's wanting $100K to move - Tony just lost that on that football game (MIA with the hurt kicker...lol) - thing is that she knows a hell of a lot. She might end up being the one who brings the mob down with her big mouth if she doesn't get paid.

And that kid will end up being a catalyst for it all with his antics. Someone might even whack the kid.

Just guessing... :dunno:

I think its pretty clear that the kid will get seriously f*cked up or perhaps even killed at the Boot Camp. Then the deranged grief-stricken mother does something...but thats just one of many possibilities. They are trying to keep us guessing. Chris and Paulie are out for Tony, the feds are on his ass, he's up to his eyeballs in gambling debts...

I think this all ends up with Tony on some remote island sipping pina coladas with ###### Cheney. The only question is whether the family is there with him.

My biggest problem with this final season is that there seems to be no flow to the plot line. Every week we're hit with details that weren't mentioned the week before, while the focus the week before is completely ignored. It's like watching these individual made-for-tv short stories every week.

I hate it, because there was massive potential here. :lol:

The last episode......Tony Soprano will wake up in the hospital after KOing himself near his pool. In the time he was knocked out he dreamt that he was the mob boss of a New Jersey crime family. Upon returning home, he will sit down near his pool and the ducks that flew away the previous day will arrive back at his pool. He will take a little time off, then go back to his job as CEO of some NJ chemical company.

:P

After that, David Chase will give everyone the finger and HBO will be permanently off the air.

HBO has a new series coming, "True Blood", that is a drama created by Alan Ball, the creator of Six Feet Under:

didnt "he" do American Beauty as well......... notice the " "'s

Curb Your Enthusiasm is returning soon as well.

Worst most unfunniest show EVAH! :banana:

My biggest problem with this final season is that there seems to be no flow to the plot line. Every week we're hit with details that weren't mentioned the week before, while the focus the week before is completely ignored. It's like watching these individual made-for-tv short stories every week.

:dunno: Dan, I don't think that problem is specific to just this season... that's kind of been the complaint with the Sopranos all along.

I've accepted it, and I still like the show but it just seems that their main goal is to give us a glimpse into what life as the NJ mob boss is really like and not to tell the whole story or reveal the details of every illegal move and relationship the mobsters have (which is kinda' what we want).

After all these years, I still want to know what happened to the Russian that Chris and Paully "brained" in the Pine Barrens episode... and there's tons of other unanswered questions too.

Really, I expect the show to end with Melfi and Tony. After all, that's how it all started... Tony going to the shrink. The ending will probably be something as simple as Tony and Melfi formally ending their meetings/treatment... once Tony's "done" with therapy, the show is over. It will piss us off. Tony and all his problems and all the subplots the show has created will still go on... there will be no closure or wrap-up at all.

The last episode......Tony Soprano will wake up in the hospital after KOing himself near his pool. In the time he was knocked out he dreamt that he was the mob boss of a New Jersey crime family. Upon returning home, he will sit down near his pool and the ducks that flew away the previous day will arrive back at his pool. He will take a little time off, then go back to his job as CEO of some NJ chemical company.

Not too far-fetched. But one thing David Chase seemed to emphasize is that this show is written his way. He doesn't just have things happen to please the fans. The story goes how it goes and the fans can decide for themselves if they like it or not, but it won't effect the story. No one will get whacked for the sake of getting whacked. If that makes sense.

Spoiler.........highlight to see:

Not the way I expected Christopher to go out. But Tony was certainly opportunistic.