Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Underated Bands (In your opinion)

Hootie & the Blowfish!!!!

Saw them live! :pointstosky:

Hootie & the Blowfish!!!!

I like them alot. mebbe not the most musically talented band ever, but they always made feel good listening to them :pointstosky:

Gin Blossoms :pointstosky:

:ninja: BLIND :banana: MELON :banana:

Shannon be dead :lol:

I liked him alot in "Don't Cry" with G&R :pointstosky:

Little River Band :ninja:

I always liked their singing in harmony.

Little River Band :(

I always liked their singing in harmony.

Cool Change

Take It Easy on Me

Lady

:ninja:

How about underrated album...Sinead O'Connor - The Lion & the Cobra :wacko:

That wasn't her reggae album, was it? I really dislike reggae and it's even worse when done by a white woman.

Sponge

Molly and Plowed are two awesome songs!

Tesla :doublethumbsup:

Mechanical Renisannce? or something like that. Great album

Squeeze

That wasn't her reggae album, was it? I really dislike reggae and it's even worse when done by a white woman.

Honestly Jessy...Is there any "mainstream" band that you like? (besides Prince :cry: )

:banana:

Honestly Jessy...Is there any "mainstream" band that you like? (besides Prince :cry: )

:banana:

In what world is Sinead O'Connor doing reggae considered mainstream?

In what world is Sinead O'Connor doing reggae considered mainstream?

Sinead O'Connor herself is mainstream. Did you ever like any of her songs?

Beautiful voice, beautiful girl (physically, anyways)

I'm know how you are musically lately (?)

You live in a hot spot for a lot of new / old bands that fly under the radar in mainstream radio play, and get to see them live every weekend :cry:

I was just curious if there were / are any "mainstream" bands that you like or some that had a big influence on you.

BTW, A few of the bands that you turned me on to at TDZ is much appreciated :banana:

Well, I'm not embarrassed to say I listen to them, but I do wish that more people would know what I'm talking about when I mention their name.

SOiL.

This band called "Holme" started back in 1970 and is still going strong. My Wife's uncle Harry is on Guitar and Vocals. He used to room with Bruce Springsteen. Holme was the band back then and they're still playing together. Harry does a solo act at different night clubs too.

Last summer we had a big BBQ/Pool party at our house and we had the band come and play.

Harry is my Mother in-laws brother.

One of the other band members owns D'Jais in Belmar, and he owns a couple of other clubs too.

They do a lot of other songs that are not listed here.

http://www.myspace.com/holmeband

www.holmeband.com

I really didn't follow them during their peak(too young), but I've really come to enjoy Supertramp as I've gotten older. Just love the keyboards. Probaby would be considered underated now, not embarassed to say I like em though.

Toto. Seriously.

The best assembly of musicians on the planet.

Guest Davaco

eddie money

i dont think he is a band though :thumbsup:

Actually, one of the most talented bands in all of music....

Chicago. :thumbsup:

Fugazi is severely underrated, mainly because so many bands like Rage Against the Machine and all that nu metal stuff rip them off mercilessly.

I'm a huge fan of Gang of Four and they're very underrated - one of the best punk bands ever and not nearly as well known as the Clash or Pistols.

Far as newer stuff goes how about Muse? Why Radiohead is one of the biggest bands on the planet and these guys are smalltime is a mystery to me.

:thumbsup:

SLAYER

(sorry kutulu)

:thumbsup:

They are touring with Marilyn Manson this summer...kind of an odd pairing, IMO. :ninja:

Sinead O'Connor herself is mainstream. Did you ever like any of her songs?

Beautiful voice, beautiful girl (physically, anyways)

I'm know how you are musically lately (?)

You live in a hot spot for a lot of new / old bands that fly under the radar in mainstream radio play, and get to see them live every weekend :dunno:

I was just curious if there were / are any "mainstream" bands that you like or some that had a big influence on you.

BTW, A few of the bands that you turned me on to at TDZ is much appreciated :mad:

Is she really mainstream? I can name one song of hers. She's had a ton of albums, but until that reggae album (which was not the one mentioned earlier -- The Lion and The Cobra is her first album) I hadn't heard squat about her since "Nothing Compares 2 U." Which is a cover. Of a song that Prince wrote. Does mainstream mean she's toiled in relative obscurity (at least in the US) in the 17 or so years since "Nothing Compares 2 U" was a massive hit?

It's like Kylie Minogue. She had a huge hit with "Locomotion" and then wasn't heard from again in the US until Fever came out a few years ago. Was she mainstream that whole time she was hugely popular outside the US just because of that one song?

I don't even know what is mainstream these days, quite frankly. But I love U2. Obviously Prince. Johnny Cash? Elvis? Michael Jackson (before he became a white woman)?

The White Stripes were on The Simpsons, so I'm pretty sure that makes them mainstream. Were The Raconteurs instantly mainstream because of Jack White? I got the impression a lot of people were disappointed in the album initially because there was just as much Brendan Benson on the album as Jack White.

Given the difference in size of venues between when I saw Snow Patrol for the very first time and when I saw them last month (and given the sheer number of old people at the show), I'd say they've gone mainstream.

Outkast? Granted, I think they peaked with Aquemini and I really like only a handful of songs from Stankonia and Speakerboxx/The Love Below. But I think they're pretty well-known. What about Amy Winehouse? She was on "Best Week Ever." And I read that the local adult alternative station is playing her. Does that make her mainstream? How 'bout Oasis?

Far as newer stuff goes how about Muse? Why Radiohead is one of the biggest bands on the planet and these guys are smalltime is a mystery to me.

I will never, ever get the Muse/Radiohead comparisons. I just can't hear it. And I love both bands. Muse put on an incredible live show.

Going back to my comment about The Raconteurs, I would say Brendan Benson is really underrated. As is Neko Case.