Sign in to follow this  
Yer mom

Liddell vs. Jackson

Rampage is going to do what he said he's going to do and thats "whip Chuck's a$$".

IMO the UFC needs Jackson to win because Chuck has beaten everybody and its time for a change. I'd rather see Ramape vs Tito or Randy than face Chuck again. And if Chuck wins its the build up for the rematch best 2 out of 3.

IMO the UFC needs Jackson to win because Chuck has beaten everybody and its time for a change. I'd rather see Ramape vs Tito or Randy than face Chuck again. And if Chuck wins its the build up for the rematch best 2 out of 3.

Actually, that would be the best scenario. but Chucks gonna whoop his ass anyway :doublethumbsup:

:alsoimnotreallysure:

christ, you got 4 hours to drink man.

A vote for Chuck is a vote for America, the positive vibe I hoped would help him pull through failed. Jackson caught him with a right and Chuck was left exposed for Jackson to rain blow after blow to Chucks head. Chuck was in no position to defend himself :ninja:

That said, NO ONE is gonna beat Jackson for a very long time to come, hes focused and very patient.

what happened?

SPOILER!!!! SPOILER!!!!

They are both counter punchers, so they were just dancing for about a minute.

Then Rampage just keep egging Chuck on, taunting him, forcing him to make the first move.

Chuck bit the bait, threw some reckless punches, Rampage countered, caught him with a right hook, game over.

Rampage vs Dan Henderson in 3 months

some ppl are suggesting that this is the worst possible result for UFC, that their posterboy lost so quickly.

I disagree, a result is a result an a KO a KO. It's not like two guys tickling each other for 12 rounds followed

by a split decision. Now -that- is a bad outcome for a sport.

If that's the cream of the UFC crop, it's no wonder boxers mock them. Those guys were as clumsy throwing punches/defending themselves as a decent Saturday night bar fighter. A glass jaw on the 'toughest guy on the planet' never helps, either.

The appetite for blood lust must be incredibly high for people to give this stuff credibility.

If that's the cream of the UFC crop, it's no wonder boxers mock them. Those guys were as clumsy throwing punches/defending themselves as a decent Saturday night bar fighter. A glass jaw on the 'toughest guy on the planet' never helps, either.

The appetite for blood lust must be incredibly high for people to give this stuff credibility.

Sounds like you want to step into the ring against these wimps. go for it.

the toughest guy on the planet doesn't have a glass jaw, chuck norris has another fist under his beard.

and if floyd gayweather was startin something in a bar, even a 67yr old chuck would fock him up.

:pointstosky: :cheers:

True their boxing skills are generally quite poor, boxing is all about balance and these guys throw looping and wild shots hoping for a land. But they also have to defend against takedowns so there is a different style to mma striking than boxing. The 4 ounce gloves make guys look like they have more power than they actually have when compared to boxers.

Actually the pay per view had a few good undercard fights. And you have a clear cut winner of the main event. That being said I am still not convinced that Mayweather/De La Hoya ever did even hurt one another.

what happened?

Rampage did what he said he's going to do and thats "whip Chuck's ass".

I hear you Mayweather/De La Hoya now thats was awesome. :pointstosky:

A glass jaw on the 'toughest guy on the planet'??? But Rampage won the fight.

Chuck has taken a lot more punishment in past fights. The punch just happened to catch him in the perfect spot, where the jaw meets the skull, and maybe Chuck wasn't biting on his mouthpiece. You are comparing it to boxing where they wear big balloons on their fists as well.

True their boxing skills are generally quite poor, boxing is all about balance and these guys throw looping and wild shots hoping for a land.

You guys need to catch a few more UFC fights before you jump to this conclusion, I guarantee you'll both withdrawl those comments. Alot of the UFC fighters are extremely skilled stand up fighters with incredible balance.

You guys need to catch a few more UFC fights before you jump to this conclusion, I guarantee you'll both withdrawl those comments. Alot of the UFC fighters are extremely skilled stand up fighters with incredible balance.

I've been watching UFC for 5 years and Pride FC for 3 years.

Mixed martial artists boxing skills are poor!!! They are way off balance and get caught easily, that is why there are so many flash knockouts and upsets.

Guest Davaco

if by fock him up, you mean , get blown up, you would be correct :banana:

ill tune in when the aging chuck norris signs up.....

You are comparing it to boxing where they wear big balloons on their fists as well.

But it's also a lot tougher to throw punches wearing heavier gloves. More strength and skill involved in generating hand speed.

If that's the cream of the UFC crop, it's no wonder boxers mock them. Those guys were as clumsy throwing punches/defending themselves as a decent Saturday night bar fighter.

Ummm...you're not exactly the brightest bulb in the batch when it comes to this stuff, are ya JT?

We were watching the match, watching an excellent wrestler with adequate punching skills (Jackson), vs. a good wrestler, with adequate punching skills (Liddell)...and as they were dancing around "clumsily".

I said "And right now, boxers and and a handful of idiots are saying how bad these two guys are". Basically, those saying it, don't realize that these two fighters, are making a conscious decision to fight standing up--because they know each other's styles.

If a "boxer" was to want to fight one of them, it'd be over in about 30 seconds...but on the ground after EITHER fighter took the boxer to ground and broke his arm.

Don't comment on MMA if you can't say something at least half way intelligent.

Its simple. FLoyd Mayweather or any other boxer would get focked up in a ufc fight.

Jackson or any other UFC fighter would get focked up in a boxing match.

It just depends on what you like better. If you like strictly punching, then obviously you'd like boxing. If you like to see a no-holds barred fight where two guys do just about anything to win, then UFC is the way to go. Personally, i like UFC better. But nothing beats YouTube clips of teenagers fighting.

Its simple. FLoyd Mayweather or any other boxer would get focked up in a ufc fight.

Jackson or any other UFC fighter would get focked up in a boxing match.

It just depends on what you like better. If you like strictly punching, then obviously you'd like boxing. If you like to see a no-holds barred fight where two guys do just about anything to win, then UFC is the way to go. Personally, i like UFC better. But nothing beats YouTube clips of teenagers fighting.

yea? And if you took a neckar driver and put him in a school bus, the bus driver would be better. Put them both in a neckar, the

neckar driver is better. So I guess it' a draw huh? <_<

boxers should never call themselves fighters because in a real fight out on the street the best boxer in the world would lose quickly and painfully

to a skilled MA opponent. 67yr old Chuck Norris would embarrass a guy like Mayweather.

yea? And if you took a neckar driver and put him in a school bus, the bus driver would be better. Put them both in a neckar, the

neckar driver is better. So I guess it' a draw huh? <_<

boxers should never call themselves fighters because in a real fight out on the street the best boxer in the world would lose quickly and painfully

to a skilled MA opponent. 67yr old Chuck Norris would embarrass a guy like Mayweather.

The whole point is that they're different. Why do you HAVE to compare them? Do you ever argue whether or not football is better than baseball?

Terrel Owens would be the shiz out of John Daly.

The whole point is that they're different. Why do you HAVE to compare them? Do you ever argue whether or not football is better than baseball?

Terrel Owens would be the shiz out of John Daly.

JT was the one who compared them, saying that boxers mock them. Also it is not a big reach to compare them, they are both "fighters."

What's funny, in the very very early days of MMA & UFC a few boxers did attempt to fight in the octogon, as I remember they all got flat out whipped.

JT was the one who compared them, saying that boxers mock them. Also it is not a big reach to compare them, they are both "fighters."

I think it was Mayweather that took some public shots at them. My saying that boxers (or maybe it's just that one boxer in the world?) mock them was just a reference to that fact.

Maybe they're the greatest fighters in the world when rolling around on the ground. But I'll stand by my assessment of the boxing segment of the fight, which was, what?...roughly 15 of the 20 seconds?

I think it was Mayweather that took some public shots at them. My saying that boxers (or maybe it's just that one boxer in the world?) mock them was just a reference to that fact.

Maybe they're the greatest fighters in the world when rolling around on the ground. But I'll stand by my assessment of the boxing segment of the fight, which was, what?...roughly 15 of the 20 seconds?

I'm just curious if you watched the whole event or just the Liddell/Jackson fight? :cry:

I'm just curious if you watched the whole event or just the Liddell/Jackson fight? :cry:

Just that fight. With all the hype of the feature bout, I guess I expected to see a higher level of skill.

The thing has millions of fans, so it obviously has some appeal. Not to me, but then neither does boxing these days. All I'm saying is, based on those guys being the best the sport has to offer, it appears to me that the appeal must be principally blood lust. If that's your thing, rock on.

Just that fight. With all the hype of the feature bout, I guess I expected to see a higher level of skill.

The thing has millions of fans, so it obviously has some appeal. Not to me, but then neither does boxing these days. All I'm saying is, based on those guys being the best the sport has to offer, it appears to me that the appeal must be principally blood lust. If that's your thing, rock on.

I don't know if those are the best the sport has to offer. Probably the best in that weight class but there are plenty of other great fighters in other weight classes. And that was an ugly fight I'll give you that. It certainly didn't meet anyone's expectations for that fight. But there have been plenty of boxing matches that sucked balls too. Would you expect someone to judge boxing if they had seen one of those joke fights when Tyson was in his prime that lasted 12 seconds? You should watch an entire evening of MMA before condemning it as a sport.

I don't know if those are the best the sport has to offer. Probably the best in that weight class but there are plenty of other great fighters in other weight classes. And that was an ugly fight I'll give you that. It certainly didn't meet anyone's expectations for that fight. But there have been plenty of boxing matches that sucked balls too. Would you expect someone to judge boxing if they had seen one of those joke fights when Tyson was in his prime that lasted 12 seconds? You should watch an entire evening of MMA before condemning it as a sport.

I agree with Oprah.

I agree with Oprah.

I'd consider that a compliment if it wasn't coming from the village idiot.

C'mon JT, I dig your college football analogies, but your killin me. HIGHER LEVEL OF SKILL??!?! Dude, if you think for one second the best cant get caught by a haymaker at this level of competition I disregard even having given you props for your insight. Even the WORST teams can beat the best on any given day an you know this, not by any means calling rampage shiity here either

Whether those are the best the sport has to offer or not, that's how it's been presented in the coverage leading up to Saturday night. Point is, there are far more non-fans who paid some level of attention because of the media hype of this fight than there are hardcores who watch every bout. Like it or not, that was a sad display, and won't encourage those folks to watch it again.

I'm no apologist for boxing. No marquee names in the glamour divisions, too many governing bodies with conflicting self-interest, unskilled bums showing up for a payday. And yes, Liddell-Jackson was reminiscent of nothing more than the "Tyson vs Tomato Can" series we were subjected to for a few years. It would appear from the numbers generated by bouts other than DeLahoya/Mayweather, live crowds, and public perception, that lots of people guaged their future boxing viewing based on those travesties. Paying extra to see crap like that was the end of my interest in the sport.

C'mon JT, I dig your college football analogies, but your killin me. HIGHER LEVEL OF SKILL??!?! Dude, if you think for one second the best cant get caught by a haymaker at this level of competition I disregard even having given you props for your insight. Even the WORST teams can beat the best on any given day an you know this, not by any means calling rampage shiity here either

What I saw was two guys with rudimentary boxing skill square off for ten seconds, followed by one on his back like a turtle trying to avoid getting hit in the head. Yeah, I expected to see a higher skill level from guys being presented to the public as masters of this activity.

You're right that anyone can catch a shot and get knocked out. But one of those skills I expected to see on display was the ability to avoid, or at least fend off, a fairly well telegraphed punch. Maybe it was an unrealistic expectation on my part.

Thanks for the good word on my college football views.

What I saw was two guys with rudimentary boxing skill square off for ten seconds, followed by one on his back like a turtle trying to avoid getting hit in the head. Yeah, I expected to see a higher skill level from guys being presented to the public as masters of this activity.

You're right that anyone can catch a shot and get knocked out. But one of those skills I expected to see on display was the ability to avoid, or at least fend off, a fairly well telegraphed punch. Maybe it was an unrealistic expectation on my part.

Your points are valid, and if that is the only fight you've seen, I don't blame you for them.

I will add tho that with the smaller (almost nonexistant) gloves, you really can't "cover up" like in boxing. Either the punch gets thru or it drives your hand into your face. As such, keeping your hands up is not as important as in boxing.

Hoya-Mayweather was probably the most hyped fight of the past 2 years. That fight didn't live up to anyones expectations. I haven't met a single person who thought it was a good fight. Big time fights don't always live up to the hype.

Whens the last time you saw a great boxing match? That Manny Pacio (sp?) fight?

If you want to see action while watching boxing, you need to watch this guy Kelly Pavlik The guy swings

from his arse on every punch, no defense, just throws haymakers, 7 rounds of street brawling. Was on before the Taylor vs Spinks fight and made the Taylor fight unwatchable. No one watchs to watch a technical boxing match. Anyway, he's the # ranked middleweight, he's 31 and 0 with 28 knockouts and his last fight he beat a guy that was 28 and 1 and was the #2 tanked middleweight. Jermaine Taylor is a puzzy and always fights smaller boxers (spinks) instead of fighting the #1 ranked guy in the class. Another reason boxing is a joke.

Hoya-Mayweather was probably the most hyped fight of the past 2 years. That fight didn't live up to anyones expectations. I haven't met a single person who thought it was a good fight. Big time fights don't always live up to the hype.

A Toro vs MDC sissy slap fight has more action than that fight had.