Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

So whose taken their kids to Disneyland recently?

Man.. 3 day hopper tickets for adults are $159 each? and Kids are $109?... that's like 427 just for the the wife, boy and I... :ninja:

Only planning on being there for 2 or 3 days.. so.. maybe a decent ebay deal where I take over someone else's tickets would be in order.... :ninja:

IE Something like this....

that plus gas down from Oregon... plus food/hotel.. that's a freakin pile of money... he'll be 3 and it'll be his birthday thing... plus I've never been there I guess.

Oh and howday.... been a while.. I know.. who am I. :thumbsdown:

Man.. 3 day hopper tickets for adults are $159 each? and Kids are $109?... that's like 427 just for the the wife, boy and I... :pointstosky:

Only planning on being there for 2 or 3 days.. so.. maybe a decent ebay deal where I take over someone else's tickets would be in order.... :cheers:

IE Something like this....

that plus gas down from Oregon... plus food/hotel.. that's a freakin pile of money... he'll be 3 and it'll be his birthday thing... plus I've never been there I guess.

Oh and howday.... been a while.. I know.. who am I. :cheers:

Serious waste of time and cash IMO. :doh:

A day at Disneyland can bankrupt a family of 4, seriously! :pointstosky:

Not only do you spend a ridiculously overpriced amount to get through the gate, you get to spend hours standing in line to enjoy a 3 minute thrill ride for your time. God forbid you get hungry or thirsty while you are there as everything is grossly inflated.

Disneyland and the like - :cheers:

A bit young at 3, he/she won't remember it. If you go though, go right when the park opens and plan to spend about 1/2 day max. You'll beat the crowds, and the heat. Don't even think about pushing a 3 yr old thru entire days there, it just won't be fun. Lots of relatively cheap hotels nearby with pools to relax by in the late afternoon. Also avoid the weekends. GL.

Also good to see you around Beer. :pointstosky:

Bah.. Don't listen to these nay-sayers. While Disneyland can be expensive, you can get around some of that. Get a cheaper hotel near Disneyland, and walk back to the hotel for lunch (get some things from the grocery store to make for lunches etc. I like the ebay idea for the hopper tickets. That would be great if you could get a good deal like that. Like JK said, try to go midweek and avoid some of the long lines. Even though your child is only 3, he will get so much out of it. Going to Disneyland with a small child is the best.

It's been decades since I visited Disneyland. However, I was at DisneyWorld a number of years back and kicked myself for buying a 3 day pass in advance. All the gas stations and convience stores down there were selling partially used passes for about 25% of the daily rate I had paid on the passes. There were also street scalpers everywhere (I would not buy from them tho, too easy to pick up a forgery).

Maybe someone who has visited the area recently can shed some light on whether this "after market" still exists.

Last, 2 days there will be more than enough (arriving early and leaving by 3:00). There just isn't enough to see/do to warrent more time. Since you are driving, I would suggest you spent the 3rd day just hanging around the pool and :cheers:

Hope your family enjoys it.

going to disneyWORLD next month. spent $937 for 2 adults 2 kids park hoppers (4 days).

going to disneyWORLD next month. spent $937 for 2 adults 2 kids park hoppers (4 days).

You taking that blow job chick along? <_<

You taking that blow job chick along? :cry:

you just cant get past that can you ?

move along there is nothing here to see...........

Was just there in April...few tips:

Disneyland has packages available where you get hotel/tix in a combo.

If want one of Disney Hotels, pricier.

If ok with a 'neighboring hotel', more reasonable (just about every hotel has shuttles that go straight to parks or if willing to do some yahoo.mapping, could get a hotel right across from park so literally walk there).

I did a quick search for 2 adults/1 child and initial price was $660 (depending on accomodations can be more or less)...again, hotel and tixs included.

Try out the link and check it out:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland...agesListingPage

Kay and Jerry have good takes:

-get there early and go back to hotel in afternoon.

-alot of what folks spend alot of dough on is food...be sure to eat before you go to park and then wait till you get back to hotel to eat (aside from maybe a 'snack' item in park and course food for your son)

-if looking to save even more, get a hotel with a kitchenette so can buy stuff to cook in your room.

-check out disneyland website and plan what you really want to see and do (shows, rides, etc.)...doing things that are close together, then moving on to another part of park for other things, can save you alot of time and energy.

-Most of the rides/attractions you'll likely do will be shorter lines anyway b/c I'm thinking no coasters with the 3yr old, but if there are rides that are long, do the fast pass thing.

-Yes, definitely go during weekdays and ideally not during any major holidays.

-Take your time on 'major' souvenir purchases (we waited till day we left)...as you'll impulse buy a cute sweatshirt for your son and 2 hours later in other part of park, see something you like even better.

-If want good seats for major shows/parades...be ready to save a spot 45mins-an hour ahead of time...we usually timed this so we sat down and ate a snack/fed the kids while we waited.

Good luck...you, the wife and son will have a good time!

I am taking my two kids to Disney World in November. We are staying outside of the park in a 2 BR villa. I don't know how much we will go to the parks, but in the past, we have gone early to get some rides out of the way, leave around 11 when the crowds get busy, eat somewhere outside of the park, take a nap, go swimming, and come back to the parks around 4 or 5PM.

Definitely go offseason.

A day at Disneyland can bankrupt a family of 4, seriously! :dunno:

Not only do you spend a ridiculously overpriced amount to get through the gate, you get to spend hours standing in line to enjoy a 3 minute thrill ride for your time. God forbid you get hungry or thirsty while you are there as everything is grossly inflated.

Disneyland and the like - :thumbsdown:

i agree..we are better off visiting u and going on the rides there :banana:

ive been to disneyworld a few times since a relative worked there...being a kid and standing in line a LONG time...doesnt work...