Sign in to follow this  
Zackattack

Vick to be suspended?

Not that I care for Ultimate Fighting, but the difference is that those men have a choice...those dogs do not.

Looks like one of the NFL's poster boys is going DOWN.

As was said before, Atlanta clearly traded the wrong QB (not that trading Vick would have been feasible with is massively bloated salary).

Not that I care for Ultimate Fighting, but the difference is that those men have a choice...those dogs do not.

i'd like to see Vick get thrown in w/ a few of the guys from the UFC... w/o any ref in the ring to break things up... might give him a little different perspective on putting a living animal in a cage w/ another animal wanting to kill it...

This story has been so blown out of proportion & has so many holes. Many people consider this a witch hunt by the media, which it mostly is. This has been an ongoing investigation for a month now. They haven't found any evidence that Vick was using these dogs for fighting or was in attendance at dog fights. Some reports are even saying that the injuries & state of the dogs seized wasn't as bad as once thought...and many of the injuries sustained to the dogs is a result of them fighting eachother, unprovoked by humans. If you know anything about pitbulls, it is their nature to fight eachother in close quarters.

Until this investigation actually proves something, it is ridiculous to accuse Vick of anything.

This story has been so blown out of proportion & has so many holes. Many people consider this a witch hunt by the media, which it mostly is. This has been an ongoing investigation for a month now. They haven't found any evidence that Vick was using these dogs for fighting or was in attendance at dog fights. Some reports are even saying that the injuries & state of the dogs seized wasn't as bad as once thought...and many of the injuries sustained to the dogs is a result of them fighting eachother, unprovoked by humans. If you know anything about pitbulls, it is their nature to fight eachother in close quarters.

Until this investigation actually proves something, it is ridiculous to accuse Vick of anything.

Are you in denial? 66 dogs, is that normal? A pit in the backyard? The evidence is there what was occurring with these dogs, now they just need to link him. And the links appear to be there, it's just a matter if it's solid enough usable evidence to press charges. Plus this dog fighting insider is stating that Vick is involved, and I see very little what he has to gain from coming forward. It's not like it's going to increase is income.

Saying that they don't have enough evidence and you saying that Vick is completely innocent is two much different things.

I heard on ESPN that they will likely have to wait until 2008 for any reprecusions.

[/url]

Well the NFL issued a statement that contradicts the waiting until 2008.

Vick was a big boy fighter

Espn story about Vick betting big $$.

You'd have to have blinders on, or have not read all of the info about this case to think that it is just a media witch hunt.

Plus this dog fighting insider is stating that Vick is involved, and I see very little what he has to gain from coming forward. It's not like it's going to increase is income

felons lie alot

Right, I always keep a pry bar around in case my dog locks onto my leg.

Plus this dog fighting insider is stating that Vick is involved, and I see very little what he has to gain from coming forward. It's not like it's going to increase is income

felons lie alot

Since he's been involved in dog fighting for 30 years I'm assuming he's facing charges himself and is telling the authorities whatever they want to hear to get his prison time reduced.

This should be looked into by the NCAA as well. If Vick could afford to throw around $40 000 when he was still at VT then there has to be alot of cash being paid to the top college football players. Its one thing to get a free place to stay for your family, or gifts , but to get hundreds of thousands of dollars cash is more than I thought was going on.

Vick's mom posts here?

You're a complete focking moron.

You're a complete focking moron.

or a Vick owner with major poop in his pants as this news keeps getting worse....always reduces the pucker factor to have quality QB's on your roster eh?

It looks like this may not shake out until after the season. Can you imgine the abuse Vick will take as he travels around the league. I can see 70,000 fans barking like a dog when ever he touches the ball. It could be a very interesting season.

It looks like this may not shake out until after the season. Can you imgine the abuse Vick will take as he travels around the league. I can see 70,000 fans barking like a dog when ever he touches the ball. It could be a very interesting season.

Does that mean we're going to be hearing lots of "Who Let the Dogs Out" again? :(

Does that mean we're going to be hearing lots of "Who Let the Dogs Out" again? :(

I'm afraid so..terrific isn't it?

Americans tolerate a lot..but animal cruelty is not on the list. It'll be a PR nightmare for the NFL beyond Pac-Man proportions and I doubt this Commish is gonna let a season long circus follow the Falcons around the country. Unless Vick can prove innocence or unless the prosecutors say never mind...I think Vick may sit out a large chunk of '07...and maybe '08 too. Don't p!ss off dog lovers!!!

Does that mean we're going to be hearing lots of "Who Let the Dogs Out" again? :headbanger:

Oh, you know every place he visits this season will have some kind of dog theme to it.

I wonder if Atlanta pays a visit to Cleveland's Dawg Pound? :(

Oh, you know every place he visits this season will have some kind of dog theme to it.

I wonder if Atlanta pays a visit to Cleveland's Dawg Pound? :headbanger:

First regular season game: At Minnesota. :(

Nope, not until 2010. :wacko:

Every away game, the team should play "Who Let the Dogs Out" or some kind of dog song. "How much is that Doggy in the Window" :(

Vick is very mentally weak. It would get to him....bad.

I agree! He's going to take a lot of heat on the road this season.

People keep saying the evidence isn't there. maybe. I say this, let's think logically for just a moment.

60 or more pure bred Pittbulls

A fighting pit in the yard.

DVDs and training materials.

A large number of kennels keeping the dogs separated. (why is it important? Dogs will fight each other if kept together)

Reportedly a large number of financial records of big money bets (No mention of names listed however)

Misc. and numerous dog training paraphenalia (sp?)

So, a small back roads operation costs maybe 300-500 bucks to start with one dog. They have 60 dogs. That costs money even if you started with a select few for breeding. Also an operation of this size requires some amount of hush money to operate. They also need to be able to front the money for large wagers and/or cover large wagers made on site. This also takes financial backing. Do you think the cousin has the money?

I'd bet $40,000 on the brown brindled Pitt that Vick is backing this little venture.

Perhaps a Vick lover who must not succumb to the fact that Vick isn't God and he also isn't the best player on the planet, nor the best QB, nor a very good one either...

But dude, seriously, what in the world is wrong with you? The fact that he's even in this whole situation of this dog fighting makes me sick. What is wrong with these people? and What is wrong with you?

apparently the inside sources claim that Vick has been a long-time heavy player in the illegal underworld of dogfighting and illegal gambling rings. That as early as 2000, Vick was regularly betting $5K-$40K on a single fight. Apparently some in the dog-fight world are coming forward because they want to beat Vick to the punch. They see Vick as dangerous now that he's under fire, and (according the Sporting News Radio) think that he'd sell them all out if it meant staying out of jail.

By the way, 2000 was his senior year at VaTech...Ronnie (Mexico)...you got some 'splainin' to dooooo!

How's a college senior have $40K to bet on a dog fight? Much less an athlete who can't have a job? :cheers:

And for those of you saying he didn't know, the man owned a property with housing for hundreds of dogs and professionally built fight pits. These things did not build themselves, nor did the ghetto smoking crack head that was living there pay for them. Vick did. And you don't own a place like that where that goes on that you don't know about. Please - this is common sense. Randy Moss claiming to not know where the weed roach in his ashtray came from after running over that traffic cop is more believable than Vick right now. Seriously.

I am a big proponent of animal rights. I think it's criminal that cruelty to animals only carries a 2 year max sentence in CA and less in many other states. Dogs especially - they are so trusting and loyal and people abuse them. Makes me sick. All things football aside, Vick should be dipped in gravy and thown to a pack of his starving dogs - they keep them hungry so they'll fight even more viciously. Nice.

Vick is officially dead to me. I am all for benefit of the doubt and letting justice run its course - but I have common sense, and that tells me that Vick is caught red handed here. It was his house. His property. I will be shocked if he's not convicted. Disapponted too.

Under the doctrine of "Vicarious Liability" (Referred to in some jurisdictions as respondent superior), liability can be imposed on an employer for certain illegal acts commited by employees during the scope of their employment. For example illegal selling of cigarettes by a clerk to a minor can result in criminal fines for the store manager and owner. If I own a bar and my bartender gets someone drunk enough that he goes out and kills someone in a car accident I can be held liable because I'm the owner of the bar and the bartender was employed by me. So even if they can't place Vick at a dog fight his cousin was employed by him to raise pit bulls and Vick can be held responsible for any illegal activity such as (Dog fighting) on his property and the scope of his cousin's employment. All they have to do is to prove that there was dog fighting going on at the Vick's property and he will be indicted. I personally believe that Vick knew everything that was going on because an owner of any business knows his expenses and the fact Vick knew what the cost of building the place was for. In the past I have stated I don't care for Vick and I hope the NFL steps up and removes him from the NFL completely if he is found guilty. My nephew has a pit bull and my wife and I just spent time with them over the holiday and his dog loves people and is very friendly. It makes me mad to think what some scums do to dogs to get them mean and wanting to kill.

Under the doctrine of "Vicarious Liability" (Referred to in some jurisdictions as respondent superior), liability can be imposed on an employer for certain illegal acts commited by employees during the scope of their employment. For example illegal selling of cigarettes by a clerk to a minor can result in criminal fines for the store manager and owner. If I own a bar and my bartender gets someone drunk enough that he goes out and kills someone in a car accident I can be held liable because I'm the owner of the bar and the bartender was employed by me. So even if they can't place Vick at a dog fight his cousin was employed by him to raise pit bulls and Vick can be held responsible for any illegal activity such as (Dog fighting) on his property and the scope of his cousin's employment. All they have to do is to prove that there was dog fighting going on at the Vick's property and he will be indicted. I personally believe that Vick knew everything that was going on because an owner of any business knows his expenses and the fact Vick knew what the cost of building the place was for. In the past I have stated I don't care for Vick and I hope the NFL steps up and removes him from the NFL completely if he is found guilty. My nephew has a pit bull and my wife and I just spent time with them over the holiday and his dog loves people and is very friendly. It makes me mad to think what some scums do to dogs to get them mean and wanting to kill.
no doubt on his lawyers advice, Vick instantly sold the property. Does that matter in law or was it just PR?

When you come right down to it, is there really any difference between a dog, a cockaroach, or even the ebola virus? I submit that NO, there is not. Each one will try to ruin a person's life if they have a chance.

When you come right down to it, is there really any difference between a dog, a cockaroach, or even the ebola virus? I submit that NO, there is not. Each one will try to ruin a person's life if they have a chance.

i guess you could add idiotic PHI fan to that list then too...

with the way the league is coming down on guys i will be surprised if Vick doesnt miss a good portion of the season if not the whole thing...... Pacman jones hasnt been convicted yet but has done enough where the league said enough and now done for 2007 season........look at all Vick has gotten away with since he has been in the league and this year alone he was busted at the airport with a cup with a hidden compartment wheather it had weed in it or not who knos but really who walks around with a cup with a compartment on it?????? I have always had a feeling about him and that is why i have never drafted him that and really he is not that good he would be a better running back / receiver then a qb .... i hope he goes down and gets a cell w/ bubba

i guess you could add idiotic PHI fan to that list then too...

I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's your analogy. :thumbsup:

Don't trust dogs. They kill children. And soil furniture. And kill soiled children sitting on furniture. :doh: :o

i guess you could add idiotic Seahawks fan to that list then too...

Dog bites in this country...

There are almost 5 million victims annually -- about 2% of the entire population. 800,000 need medical attention. 1,000 per day need treatment in hospital emergency rooms. Between 15 and 20 die per year. Most of the victims who receive medical attention are children, half of whom are bitten in the face. Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year, with over $300 million paid by insurance.

Dogs are evil monsters. :thumbsdown: :D

There are almost 5 million victims annually -- about 2% of the entire population. 800,000 need medical attention. 1,000 per day need treatment in hospital emergency rooms. Between 15 and 20 die per year. Most of the victims who receive medical attention are children, half of whom are bitten in the face. Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year, with over $300 million paid by insurance.

Dogs are evil monsters. :o :(

Is that supposed to be funny? Because you failed miserably. Obviously someone didn't love you enough as a child. :shocking:

Is that supposed to be funny? Because you failed miserably. Obviously someone didn't love you enough as a child. :shocking:

If you'd stop taking the bait, he'd probably stop chumming the water.

just a suggestion, mind you. :o

There is a story locally, in New Jersey, of a dog that was on trial for biting and hospitalizing a neighbor's kid. People were raising an outcry that we needed to save the dog. It was a good dog. The kid was antagonizing the dog. Blah. Blah. Blah. The dog kept attacking people. Finally, it was ordered to be killed. About time.

Link

After three separate attacks in the past 30 days, the judge ruled the dog should be euthanized.

Many have come to the defense of the Ozzy, who allegedly attacked 7-year-old Frankie Lovello in Somerdale this past April.

People are quick to defend dogs. Reality is there are plenty of evil dogs. I am simply pointing out that all children are at risk around dogs. Many countries eat dogs, yet they are put on pedastals in the United States. I can't begin to fathom such logic.

Dogs are evil monsters. :shocking: :dunno:

you spout good statistics... now follow those general stats up w/ the percentage of those attacks are by pit bulls (or similar dogs) trained by asshats to be mean and fight... maybe even your feeble mind could then figure out why dog fighting is illegal...

domesticated dogs are not mean by nature, it's owners that teach them to be that way cause they think it makes them (meaning the owner) tougher cause his dog is tough... most of the POS owners couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag but just want to walk around w/ their chests bumped out cause they got a mean dog w/ a spiked collar walking on a chain in front of them...

kinda like all the Italian-mafia-wanna-be idiots in S. Philly... people like you remind me why i am so glad i moved from that sh!t hole...

99.9% of the time I'm against having any of my rights taken away, but I'd gladly give up my right to own a pit-bull. Enough kids get mauled every year to justify that.

At the very least, they should make it extremely difficult to own a pit-bull, such as requiring an expensive license and making it illegal to own that type of dog in densly populated residential areas.

Dogs are evil monsters. :shocking: :dunno:

There were 29 homicides in Seattle in 2006. That is only in Seattle 20 people die from dogs across the entire nation.

'is there really any difference between a human, a dog, a cockaroach, or even the ebola virus'