Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

LenDale White fails to show up to Titans mini camp

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10202087

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (May 29, 2007) -- Tennessee Titans running back LenDale White did not make it back in time for organized team workouts, leaving coach Jeff Fisher unclear about White's whereabouts.

"Everybody else managed to make it back," Fisher said. "He didn't, so I don't know, I guess he had things that are more important to him than what we're doing. I would assume he would be back at some point today."

White, a second-round pick from Southern California last season, has had other issues this offseason, reporting for the Titans' offseason program at approximately 260 pounds, then suffering a hamstring injury.

Fisher said he had not spoken directly to White but did receive a telephone message from the running back about his absence saying he had flight problems.

White is expected to compete with second-round pick Chris Henry for the starting running back job.

"He'll get on the field eventually. I just hope it's not going to be too late," Fisher said.

"I've been on record with being disappointed with him right now. I hope to have him back on the practice field Thursday. But again, everybody else was here, he wasn't. I'm anxious to hear what kind of excuse he has."

Among all the hype over Vince Young's rookie MVP season, many people fail to realize just how significant Travis Henry was to that success. I sense a long season for the Tenn offense.

What the heck is wrong with that guy?!

So are we bumping up Chris Henry any?

So are we bumping up Chris Henry any?

yes. but i pretty much figured he'd end up being the guy because white is a putz. this news only ensures the secret's out, though.

Sex? :bench:

Sex with the Coors Light twins would be acceptable.

However, White would be engaged in tub on tub fornication... )*shudder*(

That's no excuse!

Dammit :argue:

Henry has been a focking steal in the late rounds of my dynasty drafts, now people will be sniping him too early :mad:

Oh relax, it's May. White or a rookie are the only options on the table. Coach is pissed at White right now (well deserved), this will light a fire under Fastdale's arse. Come gametime, White will be at his correct weight and will have earned back the respect of his 2nd round pick last year :argue: . Or am I dreaming :mad:

Oh relax, it's May. White or a rookie are the only options on the table. Coach is pissed at White right now (well deserved), this will light a fire under Fastdale's arse. Come gametime, White will be at his correct weight and will have earned back the respect of his 2nd round pick last year :lol: . Or am I dreaming :mad:

Wasn't Chris Henry a second round pick too?

Did anyone not see this coming last year even before he was drafted? The warnings were there, folks.

Did anyone not see this coming last year even before he was drafted? The warnings were there, folks.

Absolutely.

During July & August of last year I kept reading about how Travis Henry was blowing the coaches away with his power and speed ~ which BTW I took care to ensure I grabbed him as he predictably fell pretty far due to his history :banana:

They had nothing positive to say about White, and never have. Then, instead of grabbing up some WR help for Young, they invest in Henry. Couple this with the wieght and other issues coming to light, and Henry is more and more likely to get his chance as the starter.

Henry went pretty early in the actual draft, shoudl have gone a few rounds later. Wasn't Terrell Davis like a 7th round pick :doublethumbsup:

Each of us must make a gut decision on what we see and hear, but keep it in the context in which that information exists.

I invested in Henry in 2 leagues thus far, and will continue to do so until his stock rises too high, where I won't be willing to take on the risk.

Somewhere out there.......... a buffet is being emptied. :doublethumbsup:

Old Country Buffets everywher have his picture up with "Refuse service" signs underneath.

Old Country Buffets everywher have his picture up with "Refuse service" signs underneath.

:first:

From RTSports

May 30 2007 11:03AM

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans RB LenDale White was not in attendance during organized team activities Tuesday, May 29, because he stayed in Denver to be with his grandmother, who was recently released from intensive care after suffering from heart and kidney failure. "Organized team activities are voluntary, they are not mandatory. However, we have had perfect attendance with very few exceptions," head coach Jeff Fisher said. "When there is someone who is not in attendance, they typically have been excused. In order to excuse a player there has to be some kind of communication involved, and in this particular case there was a misunderstanding in communication...He had family matters to take care of which I have since been informed about."

Fantasy Impact: White continues to hurt his standing with the team. Chris Henry's stock is going up.

We're in Nashville. No Country Buffet. Cracker Barrel is the only way to fatten your little ones up.

Oh I saw it coming. I had the #5 spot in my rookie draft last year and I traded up in a large part because I wanted no part of LenWhale. Even so, his craptacular worthlessness to this point in his career has managed to exceed my expectations.

Oh I saw it coming. I had the #5 spot in my rookie draft last year and I traded up in a large part because I wanted no part of LenWhale. Even so, his craptacular worthlessness to this point in his career has managed to exceed my expectations.

:huh: How do you really feel..... :dunno:

From RTSports

Titans RB LenDale White was not in attendance during organized team activities Tuesday, May 29, because he stayed in Denver to be with his grandmother, who was recently released from intensive care after suffering from heart and kidney failure.

You guys are sad. This guy is a great family man staying to help out with his granmother. A little communication mishap and we are throwing White under the bus. Too bad his fat arse won't fit uner the bus. :dunno:

First of all, Fisher better be really careful about wanting excuses to "optional" activities. As an employer, you can be required to start paying people extra when you start forcing them to attend or be excused from optional activities. You have a company picnic on Saturday, you're not going to get paid. You have a sales meeting on Saturday that's "optional" but you could lose your job if you don't show up or are excused...Wage and Hour could easily force the employer to compensate employees w/overtime. CBA doesn't hold precidence on that...it's both State and Federal.

Now, that said...I love my grandma, but if I'm screwing up at work, my jobs in jeopardy, and the boss "asks" me to put in some weekend time...no problem sir, anything else I can do? :)

On another note...I heard when LenDale sits around OTA's, he sits around OTA's :headbanger:

Draft this butterball at your own risk!