Sign in to follow this  
dcOne

Why does the liberal media always talk about "how many were killed today in Iraq"?

They air and print constant statistics about "how many have died in the war", etc.

YET...EVERY FOCKING YEAR....approx. 50,000 die in the USA from second hand smoke. Not total smoking deaths, just second hand smoke.

The number killed in war---which at least has an apparent cause (whether real or not), is a drop in the bucket compared to second hand smoke.

Every day, CNN should lead off with "150 more Americans dead today. The culprit? Second hand smoke...."

I've said this before:

If I were President, every time a plane landed at Dover, I'd make the networks carry it live. Full military honors, full band playing taps, and the President there to salute every last fallen soldier. The honored dead aren't something to be ashamed of, nor some political embarassment - They are the embodiment of the very best this country has to offer.

:ninja:

They air and print constant statistics about "how many have died in the war", etc.

YET...EVERY FOCKING YEAR....approx. 50,000 die in the USA from second hand smoke. Not total smoking deaths, just second hand smoke.

The number killed in war---which at least has an apparent cause (whether real or not), is a drop in the bucket compared to second hand smoke.

Every day, CNN should lead off with "150 more Americans dead today. The culprit? Second hand smoke...."

Good point!

How about I just blow you away with a shotgun? There should be no uproar about it because more people die every day just driving to work.

Great logic :ninja:

Name three people who have died from secondhand smoke.

name even one.

Wow, good point. I used to think the 3,000+ people who died on 9/11 were a big deal, but this post really put it in perspective for me.

:ninja:

Are people really this dumb? :dunno:

So, to sum up:

Terrorists > Smokers

They have a lot in common:

1. They both smell bad.

2. They both kill innocent people.

3. I wouldn't want to sit next to either of them.

:thumbsdown:

go to forces international and get your facts straight.

So, to sum up:

Terrorists > Smokers

1. They both smell bad.

:thumbsdown:

makes us even, I would not want to be near you.

name even one.

I can't.

But.....

I can't name anyone that had died from AIDS, but I do hear rumors that people die from it.

I can't name anyone that has died from asbestos either. But they have. Oh...wait. No those are just rumors, because I can't name someone directly.

Here's your rational applied to another situation:

Name one person that has died from smoking, period. Whoever you--or anyone names, is only hearsay. It's what a doctor, or an organization, or a third party SAID they died from.

The same goes with second-hand smoke. If you take someone's word for it that an individual died from smoking, you can also take a third party's word for it that a "certain number" die from second hand smoke..

My aunt died from lung cancer, didn't smoke. doc said it was 2nd hand smoke.

no one in her house smoked, ever. bunch of bs. :thumbsdown:

Those numbers are greatly debated. Both sides of the issue have their own private agendas. Some people say zero. Some people say 3,000. Some people unfathomably, actually believe it's 50,000. What a country. :thumbsdown:

It is my contention that dogs kill more people in this country than second hand smoke. Let's talk about how many people dogs attacked today. :dunno: :wacko:

It is my contention that dogs kill more people in this country than second hand smoke. Let's talk about how many people dogs attacked today. :dunno: :wacko:

I attacked a dog today. The little focker crapped on my front yard. So, I hit him with a shovel. Over and over again.

Oh wait, I think that I am mixing stories up. Carry on. :thumbsdown:

I can't.

But.....

I can't name anyone that had died from AIDS, but I do hear rumors that people die from it.

I can't name anyone that has died from asbestos either. But they have. Oh...wait. No those are just rumors, because I can't name someone directly.

Here's your rational applied to another situation:

Name one person that has died from smoking, period. Whoever you--or anyone names, is only hearsay. It's what a doctor, or an organization, or a third party SAID they died from.

The same goes with second-hand smoke. If you take someone's word for it that an individual died from smoking, you can also take a third party's word for it that a "certain number" die from second hand smoke..

The difference is that specific people are identified as having died due to these other causes every day. Please post one specific person that a doctor has claimed died from secondhand smoke. TIA.

My aunt died from lung cancer, didn't smoke. doc said it was 2nd hand smoke.

no one in her house smoked, ever. bunch of bs. :thumbsdown:

I've said it at least 15 times on this board alone.

My mother died of lung cancer at the age of 48, she smoked for 35 years.

I spent my 1st 15 years of my life living with her smoking in the house, car and everywhere else I was with her. I worked in a bar inhaling second hand smoke for another 10 years. I avoid smoke like the plague now and I get bullsh!t when people smoke near me.

How can it be proven that you died of second hand smoke anyway? :dunno:

Just because you get lung cancer and never smoked does not mean that it was from second hand smoke. :banana:

Itsatip that If 100% of the world did not smoke there would still be lung cancer.

It is my contention that dogs kill more people in this country than second hand smoke. Let's talk about how many people dogs attacked today. :dunno: :mad:

I dropped a brick on my dog today. He'd been pecked by a bird. Focking poosay dog. :banana:

I was driving to work today, and the guy in front of me threw his used terrorist out the window. :pointstosky:

evacuate now,flee in terror I am going to light a cig in 10 seconds. you have been warned.

So, to sum up:

Terrorists > Smokers

1. They both smell bad.

:banana:

I feel the same about fat people. :banana:

I feel the same about fat people. :thumbsdown:

...Unless they accidentally sit on a baby.... :banana:

:doh:

Maybe we could lock you up in a room full of smokers for say 5 years. If you die during that time, it could probably be attributed to second hand smoke. We'd have living proof that at least one person died from this "deadly" activity.

...Unless they accidentally sit on a baby.... :dunno:

:D

Like you never have tubby. :first:

Like you never have tubby. :dunno:

..and another Alias is bustored. :D

Don't you get sick of keeping track of all of them??

lame. :first:

..and another Alias is bustored. :banana:

Don't you get sick of keeping track of all of them??

lame. :dunno:

...and another gutterslut wannabee makes a feeble attempt at alias busting :bench:

It's a secret that you're fat? Don't you say it yourself half the time?

:doublethumbsup: :thumbsdown: :mad: Now that is gold. You will belive anything if you buy the load of shiat.

:doublethumbsup: :banana: :lol: Now that is gold. You will belive anything if you buy the load of shiat.

So, you will believe news stories indicating some things, yet you dismiss stories from similar forms of media when it comes to certain subjects? Or do you dismiss all forms of news, and let stories create themselves in your own head?

Yahoo News reports this in China.

China Second Hand Smoke Deaths.

Let me guess, they are full of crap? They are making this up? Soon, you'll be telling us of the health benefits of smoking. That the reports from news organizations/health industry are a "load of shiat" and that smoking actually, if done right increasese stamina, lowers your blood pressure, and increases your life expectancy be 30%. Oh, and don't forget about health insurance. Simply notify your agent that you are a smoker, and your insurance premium will be cut in half.

And this: (posted by Wiffleball nearly a year ago, that's incorrect and a big lie also. Again, the surgeon general hasn't been notified of the benefits of smoking)

"WASHINGTON — Never mind the non-smoking sections or even good ventilation systems in bars, restaurants or offices. Secondhand smoke is a health hazard at any level, a new report from the U.S. surgeon general says.

The 700-page report cites "massive and conclusive scientific evidence" of the "alarming" public health threat posed by secondhand smoke and finds smoking bans are the only way to protect non-smokers.

"The debate is over," Surgeon General Richard Carmona said in issuing the report Tuesday. "The science is clear. Secondhand smoke is not a mere annoyance but a serious health hazard."

Although many states and hundreds of cities have passed smoke-free laws, more than 126 million Americans ages 3 and older continue to be exposed to secondhand smoke, according to the report. Nearly 50,000 non-smokers die from secondhand smoke each year.

Carmona said non-smokers exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work increase their risk of heart disease and cancer by up to 30%. Even brief exposure to smoke damages cells, beginning a process that can lead to cancer, and increases the risk of blood clots, which can cause heart attacks and strokes.

The report expands on the landmark 1986 report from Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, the first to conclude that secondhand smoke causes disease."