Sign in to follow this  
JScott

**Round Thirteen/Fourteen/Fifteen Draft Commentary**

My fourth rated kicker RC, real nice value in Stover IMO. You have had a solid draft. Great job :lol:

Guy's, I sent my picks over to Da Bomb. He can also e mail them to Fumble. I will be back tonight around 7:30. Great job :wall:

Thanks Lou! Yours is solid as usual. As a group, I feel this was another solid draft! Good Work Lou, and great mock men!

edited to include that you have given us a pretty good road map, for the IBL draft from your slot.

14.12 - I'm not exactly comfortable with only McNabb and T.Green at QB, but I felt I needed to get a WR5 more than a QB3. There are 3 or so WRs left that I think have potential to be a decent WR3, Carter being one of them with K.Johnson now gone in CAR. I don't think the rookie Jarrett will step in to make a significant dent this season, so that should give Carter the opportunity to put up Keyshawn type numbers. Which wouldn't be bad for a late 14th round pick.

15.01 - Needed a DST, despite the homer side of this pick (sorry Lou) I do think the Pats will be a top 3 D. As far as TDs and safeties go, who knows, it's pretty much a crap shoot. But with Welker now in the return game I expect at least 1 or 2 TD returns.

Great mock guys, as usual B) Looking forward to kicking some No Hassle butt this season. :blink:

lou actually gave me a list of his top 7 Ds to take, and the pats werent on there at all. interesting.

ETA: wow, i just had a huge "whew" moment. i was just shocked that the bears defense still wasnt gone somehow even after (i thought?) having a record number of TDs last year. i know the scoring is bad but they kept falling, and then they werent even on lou's list of his top 7. i was contemplating whether to go over the top of his list and take them. only to triple check and finally see the bears have been gone for like four rounds. heh. i mean im a bears hater, but come on. lol.

lou actually gave me a list of his top 7 Ds to take, and the pats werent on there at all. interesting.

He probably just didn't bother because he knew I'd take them ahead of his pick :mad:

He probably just didn't bother because he knew I'd take them ahead of his pick :P

haha, maybe. although its a fair point, i think, that the pats arent as valuable in this scoring system (or any) as in real life on defense (or offense for that matter). i dont know that theyre ballhawking enough to score a lot of TDs. if i was choosing a defense in this system, id prefer a team with a defense that will be on the field a lot and giving up a lot of points, hence more chances to score the fluke-ish TD. schedule is nice too. have to say that my favorite team sadly fits the description pretty well. and i think they scored a decent number of ST TDs last year. which was an improvement from the year before, where they mostly just scored a decent number of STDs on lake minnetonka.

ICE.....you keep popping in and out....are you gonna make a pick? It's been two hours.

We're gonna skip ICE for now. Everybody else just has a kicker or D/ST to go while ICE has a flex player left....so ICE can come back and make the pick whenever he chooses to.

If somebody can post San Diego D/ST as Clash's pick....I will post Philly D/ST as Lou's..........

Sweet jesus, doesnt he just need a kicker...lets just pick on for him :D

Sweet jesus, doesnt he just need a kicker...lets just pick on for him :D

No, he's already got a kicker and a defense. That's why I hesistate to make this pick for him. We don't really need to, though, since all of us who are left are either getting a kicker or a D/ST.

i have the picks. i'll be in and out today but will try to stay on top of these last couple, should be fine.

i liked the greg olsen pick late. im not sure why people arent buying into him. hes a dynamic talent and i cant think of a better fit for him to have gone to. dont we all remember desmond clark being pretty valuable last year? he had 625 and 6 last season. if olsen starts, youd have to think he does that well and probably better with better athleticism. then again maybe since clark is still there, thats the reason for the skepticism and late value. i just know i like olsen in this offense more than vernon davis in last years offense, and davis was going in the 8th or 9th in most drafts last year.

marty booker to lou was a pick i suggested to him. i think he was a good find at this point in the draft as a WR5 type. he was the better performer in miami last year. now with trent green i expect that offense to function fairly well (far better than last year). he had 750/6 last year which would make him a great WR5. if he can duplicate those TDs and then add some more yards in an improved offense, its even better. also one of those guys who seems to get hot once a season for a few weeks and in this format that could carry a team for a bit. in conclusion, i care too much about a mock that im not even in. marty booker for president. :pointstosky:

Thanks Bomb. Like I noted, I thought he was gone a round or two ago. Not a bad number 5 at all. At the turn I was pleased to land the Eagles. I think any defense that can get you 4,5,6 defensive TD's consistently is very nice to own in this scoring format. The draft actually fell the way I hoped it would. I will have comments coming to a post near you. Stay tuned.

Sorry to hold things up. I can't often stay on after 8:30 Eastern time. I do like to spend some time with my family. :dunno:

I'll be out for a few, someone please give me fft's highest ranking D thats left, thanks :unsure:

I'll be out for a few, someone please give me fft's highest ranking D thats left, thanks :unsure:

We'll do......Mr. Irrelevant is actually a whole team of people in this draft. :dunno:

According to FFToday's projections, the top scoring defense left in terms of simply scoring D/ST touchdowns is the Tennessee Titans. Bomb or Remote....if one of you guys could post that as ted's pick, we can wrap up. Otherwise, I'll post it when the double post feature lets up.......

I think my kicker was easily the steal of the draft :thumbsup:

As much as I disliked the pick, Miami got a major weapon in Ted Ginn. I don't expect him to have much of an impact at WR, but he should as a returner.

I think my kicker was easily the steal of the draft :dunno:

Absolutely not. :ninja:

I let Brandon Jacobs slide all the way to the second round before I got him.

Absolutely not. :cheers:

I let Brandon Jacobs slide all the way to the second round before I got him.

TAKE IT BACK!!!! :P

TAKE IT BACK!!!! :P

If it's any consolation, I think your kicker was second.

A distance second.

:cheers:

If it's any consolation, I think your kicker was second.

A distance second.

:(

:huh: :cheers:

:P :wub:

...........and your best pick in the draft!!! :first: :rolleyes:

Asssssssss......... :mad:

...........and your best pick in the draft!!! :first: :wub:

You, sir, are wasting time. You still have half the league for which to evaluate the second half of the draft. This post took 20, 30 seconds of that valuable time you're burning.

Get moving, man! :ninja:

You, sir, are wasting time. You still have half the league for which to evaluate the second half of the draft. This post took 20, 30 seconds of that valuable time you're burning.

Get moving, man! :first:

Preparing for a budget proposal meeitng this evening. As soon as that's over, the scotch will flow, and the final 8 or so, draft reviews will follow!!! :banana: