Sign in to follow this  
JibbaJabbah

Worst Pick Ever

Someone in my big money league selected Craphonso Thorpe, WR Colts in the 17th round. He is a real player, and yes, he does have crap in his name.

I have to say this was the crappiest pick every. Can anyone beat that?

Someone in my big money league selected Craphonso Thorpe, WR Colts in the 17th round. He is a real player, and yes, he does have crap in his name.

4.3 speed. Played at Florida State if I remember correctly. (before he got hurt?). Plays for the Colts.

You're right, worthless. None of those indicate any sort of football talent whatsoever. :banana:

Here's a better question, what round did you draft a kicker in?

Not trying to trash you, but when you start a post to rag on someone in your draft, at least bring an informed opinion based on more than an interesting name that proves your friend did more research and preparation than you did. :banana:

This was a true story. Our league is very competitive too, so when he stood up and said "Craphonzo Thorpe", everyone went silent.

Next thing you know a bunch of owners are on their laptops to find out if he was a real player. Best draft ever. Crappiest pick I have ever seen.

4.3 speed. Played at Florida State if I remember correctly. (before he got hurt?). Plays for the Colts.

You're right, worthless. None of those indicate any sort of football talent whatsoever. :banana:

Here's a better question, what round did you draft a kicker in?

Not trying to trash you, but when you start a post to rag on someone in your draft, at least bring an informed opinion based on more than an interesting name that proves your friend did more research and preparation than you did. :banana:

I personally knew he was a real player since he was down in my home state, but it was the reaction of all the owners that made that pick....priceless.

This was a true story. Our league is very competitive too, so when he stood up and said "Craphonzo Thorpe", everyone went silent.

Next thing you know a bunch of owners are on their laptops to find out if he was a real player. Best draft ever. Crappiest pick I have ever seen.

I personally knew he was a real player since he was down in my home state, but it was the reaction of all the owners that made that pick....priceless.

Gotcha. I therefore withdraw my statement earlier. :banana:

He was cut last year off of a teams practice squad, I was one of the very few who had ever seen his name. Props to you for knowing his 40 time...

He was cut last year off of a teams practice squad, I was one of the very few who had ever seen his name. Props to you for knowing his 40 time...

I'm actually a bit obsessive with the speed guys lol.

Forty times just stick with me. :banana:

That, and verticals.

Not to hijack the thread, but anyone else seem to recall like a 50 inch vertical for Chambers at the combine?

Wow. I have to say I've never seen a crappier pick than a guy like Craphonso going in the 17th round of a draft. Hopefully someone stood up for the group and shouted "EARLY."

I drafted Lee Suggs last year in hopes he would come back to the NFL :headbanger:

Last year, fresh off a weekend getaway to Eastern Washington, our future league Champ muttered to himself, "I can't believe he's still here..." before announcing, with his 6th selection, "Domanic Davis". The room quietly looked around at each other in an awkward moment of silence. One guy said, "Damn!" enthousiastically as if to say he too just realized Davis' status as an available option at RB.

"Should I say something?" I thought to myself. It would have been commissioner suicide, so I kept my mouth shut as he sorted through the label sheets and found Domanic Davis.. As soon as the label was stuck to the draft board, finalizing his pick the room was filled with, "Out for season" "Do you need an injury report?" "Maybe next year, you'll prepare a little harder?" and many more razzing comments were thrown his way. He lowered his beat colored face and head and returned to his seat. I watched as he gathered his notes, cheatsheets, and fantasy magazine as he first crossed out Domanic Davis' name from his list and then began to find a suitable replacement. Two round later, he took T.J. Duckett.

NOTE: Available players at the time Duckett was taken: Travis Henry, DeAngelo Williams, Laurence Maroney and many more.

I also drafted Domanick Davis last year. It was the initial draft for a IDP Dynasty League.

Unfortunately, the draft was about 3 days before it was disclosed that his knee, and subsequently his career, was shot.

Damnit! :first:

nobody can beat my crappiest pick ever...

KEVAN BARLOW 1.06 a couple years back when he was riding that hype.

that was NOT a good year...

All 4.3 speed aside, that is pretty funny. Nice.

nobody can beat my crappiest pick ever...

KEVAN BARLOW 1.06 a couple years back when he was riding that hype.

that was NOT a good year...

I have you beat on that bum. I took him at 1.04 the same year. Needless to say, I finished in the cellar.

I have you beat on that bum. I took him at 1.04 the same year. Needless to say, I finished in the cellar.

The year that Ron Dayne come out,I took him # 1 in our league,3 picks later I took Jamal Lewis.I took so much crapp for taking Lewis that high because he had a broken arm at the time of our draft, when he started later on that season no one was talking because I was on top and had traded Dayne for what turned out to be the second over all pick in 2001 draft ( L.T. ) & a 4th rd pick that became ( R.Wayne ).Just got lucky. ;)

That's not quite as bad as the guy in one of my leagues that took Fred Lane thinking he was Fred Taylor back when Taylor was a top 5 pick. I don't even recall if Lane was alive or not at the time, either way it was ;)

That's not quite as bad as the guy in one of my leagues that took Fred Lane thinking he was Fred Taylor back when Taylor was a top 5 pick. I don't even recall if Lane was alive or not at the time, either way it was :pointstosky:

:lol:

Best one yet. Dead players being drafted takes the cake.

who the hell names their child craphonso!?!?!? I've seen some dumb names... but CRAPHONSO??? That's not even a real name!

who the hell names their child craphonso!?!?!? I've seen some dumb names... but CRAPHONSO??? That's not even a real name!

My entire 2005 team. Thanks for nothing bitches.........

Next thing you know a bunch of owners are on their laptops to find out if he was a real player.

If a bunch of owners had never heard of him, then I'd reevaluate the depth of knowledge in your league. His name alone should ring a bell with most dudes.

Wasn't he a fairly talked about sleeper last year for the Chiefs? :banana:

Exactly my point.

If a bunch of owners had never heard of him, then I'd reevaluate the depth of knowledge in your league. His name alone should ring a bell with most dudes.

Exactly my point.

I agree, except if you did really draft him or considered him, your own "knowledge" let you down since he was cut from the practice squad before last years draft.

Not sure if this wins or not but I drafted Na Brown.

Did I win??????

:(

Best one yet. Dead players being drafted takes the cake.

Probably the same people who would name their kid Shithead (pronounced Shi - thed). Yes, my sister-in-law works for child services and told us the kids name. I laugh everytime I think about it.

Probably the same people who would name their kid Shithead (pronounced Shi - thed). Yes, my sister-in-law works for child services and told us the kids name. I laugh everytime I think about it.

Not FF related, but definitely F*ed-up name related...I have an ex-g who went to LSU in the early 90's. She told me one day that she was in class with two twin girls, Lemonjello and Orangejello. I always thought she was d!cking w/ me until one day I was flipping through the channels and came across a TV show on Disney called "Detention". I had seen it but this time I happened to hear two girls on the show arguing...and they called each other Lemonjella and Orangejella (LaBelle was the last name). They were identical twins who dressed exactly alike except one wore orange accents and the other wore yellow accents. I watched to the end of the show when the credits ran and the girl who was the creator of the show had a cajun last name. I looked her up and discovered she had been to LSU around same time. Imagined some big-arse woman about to pop and deliver twins saying "i don't have a name for my babies" and some jackarse intern or something looking at two boxes of jello and saying "Lemonjella and Orangejella". All things considered I think I'd rather be named after a Jello flavor than being Craphonso...

Lemonjella and Orangejella