Sign in to follow this  
capmeo

Gore or Addai?

Standard scoring league with 1 PPR.

I have the 4th pick, I was going Gore until he broke his hand, I am now considering Addai.

I would like to hear some opinions on this. Also, should I consider someone else here?

Thanks

i have 4th pick and plan to go LJ or Addai, whoevers there. Some people, with 1 PPR, could make a solid case for Bush/Westy...

You may not even have that choice. I have seen Gore going third a lot.

I like Addai a lot myself but I am still worried that 4 is too high for him. He hasn't even played a full season as a starter.

I think once camp starts to finish up these positions will be a lot more clear. The LJ situation makes such a big difference.

At #4 in PPR the debate is between bush/addai not gore addai.

I couldnt disagree more. I have yet to see anyone take Bush #4 overall in a redraft league, not even once and I have done around 40 mocks this year so far.

I wonder if you asked this question before Gore broke his hand......would there even be one Addai vote here... :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gore is going to catch more passes in my opinion.

Addai will have more rushing yards and TD in my opinion.

Depends on which one is worth more in your league.

First of all, either of these guys could be outstanding, but here is my opinion regarding them in the draft.

Both guys should get the majority of carries, and will see plenty of looks in the passing game. So I base my judgement on the quality of talent surrounding them.

Addai is now The ball carrier in Indy, a scoring machine that makes fantasy stars of its starters year in and year out.

Gore has had great year (1/2 more than Addai) with the rising 49ers. Consensus says that the niners will continue to rise, but that's no sure thing. Often, teams emerge from losing years to have a great season, and they seem poised on the brink of contention. Some succeed and build on a winning formula, and some fail, falling back to the pack a year later.

Young teams are much more susceptible to caving in when things get tough and start to go wrong. Veteran teams tend to soldier through. The niners have lots of new young talent, and its harder to be assured of their continued improvement as it is to count on Indy remaining an elite NFL offense for the tenth straight year.

I'd take Addai, figuring his supporting cast has a better chance of raising his numbers than the 49ers do of lifting Gore.

This is a tough comparison.

Gore has an injury history. However, you can't deny his talent.

He rushed for 1695 yards while posting a 5+ YPC average. Know how many other RBs have done something similar? It's a short list.

Not to mention he did that on a team whose passing attack was insignificant and whose defense was nothing special, especially in the first half of the year. He's a unique talent, and now that SF has improved on both sides of the ball, he could have an unbelievable year.

But, he broke his hand, so the risk is there.

Then there's Addai, who is a solid, young talent and who happens to play on one of best, if not the best, offenses in the NFL. Yes, they lost their left tackle, but they have adequate back ups and any game plan adjustments will benefit Addai, imo.

I expect him to do quite well, however, I have one reservation.

Indy's schedule is pretty tough. Much tougher than SF's. (However, it eases up just in time for the FF playoffs)

Honestly, talent-wise, I give the nod to Gore, especially in a PPR. But his knock is injury, which can be devastating in FF. Addai's knock is his schedule, which also can be devastating.

So pick your poison :banana:

Addai wasnt the full time starter last season, who knows if he is injury prone or not. He hardly played until towards the end of the season.

Addai wasnt the full time starter last season, who knows if he is injury prone or not.

No one knows yet. But I tend to give a player the benefit of the doubt until their injury history is as long as Pacman's rap sheet.

No one knows yet. But I tend to give a player the benefit of the doubt until their injury history is as long as Pacman's rap sheet.

Im really playing devil's advocate a little here. I am trying to talk myself out of taking Addai third overall in my league. With the questions around LJ and the injury history of Gore, what makes Addai any less of a safe bet?

Don't know why some of you think Gore will catch more passes that Addai. Didn't Addai tie the superbowl record for receptions while splitting carries. I see no reason why he wouldn't go nuts on that front this year.

Don't know why some of you think Gore will catch more passes that Addai. Didn't Addai tie the superbowl record for receptions while splitting carries. I see no reason why he wouldn't go nuts on that front this year.

Not to mention Norv Turner isnt calling the plays anymore. I think that will make a little bit of a difference. They actually have a decent WR and their starting TE wont be hurt.

All that has to be taken into account too right?

Im really playing devil's advocate a little here. I am trying to talk myself out of taking Addai third overall in my league. With the questions around LJ and the injury history of Gore, what makes Addai any less of a safe bet?

Heh - nothing, really.

He looks sturdy? He does have a pretty large melon. That has to count for something.

Indy offensive players never seem to be injured though... except Edge... who was a RB. :shocking:

It's a good question and you could probably argue it either way.

Gore's done it before, which counts for a ton. 60+ receptions is huge for a RB. But that was with a weak WR corp - who else was Smithy going to pass to? So does the updgraded corp help or hurt Gore's receptions?

And Addai proved he could catch out of the backfield, but maybe that was game planning? Can he do it over a full season with Wayne and Harrison begging for looks?

I'm really not sure. These two are a toss-up at the #3-#5 draft slots.

It's a good question and you could probably argue it either way.

Gore's done it before, which counts for a ton. 60+ receptions is huge for a RB. But that was with a weak WR corp - who else was Smithy going to pass to? So does the updgraded corp help or hurt Gore's receptions?

And Addai proved he could catch out of the backfield, but maybe that was game planning? Can he do it over a full season with Wayne and Harrison begging for looks?

I'm really not sure. These two are a toss-up at the #3-#5 draft slots.

I don't think you can be "wrong" on this one. Its just a matter of how right you are.

I don't see Addai having the same ability to rush for massive yardage as Gore, add in Gore's 50+Rec. projections and I think he's your man easily.

3'

Gore managed over 5 yds per carry with other teams stacked against the run, plus he caught over 60 passes. If SF gets a decent passing attack going this year, he may be even better. It is close, but I would take Gore.

The 4th pick isnt an envious spot to be in this year. You get 'stuck' with either LJ or Gore and both have big question marks over them right now. I'd suggest trading down into the Alexander, Addai, Westy range.

Gore managed over 5 yds per carry with other teams stacked against the run, plus he caught over 60 passes. If SF gets a decent passing attack going this year, he may be even better. It is close, but I would take Gore.

You cant catch passes from the sideline. Injury concerns are what puts Gore out not ability.

I just completed a draft where I picked 3rd. My first thought was LJ, but then all the issues surrounding him came to me, and now he's holding out on top of it. So I was down to Addai or Gore. I think as good as Gore will be, I think Addai has the same high reward with less risk than Gore. If Indy doesn't think Addai isn't the real deal, they would have went out and got a bonified backup for him...Dorsey??? Think the Indy brass knows something? In the 1st round, I go for the most upside, with as little risk as possible, and I see Addai the less risky pick than Gore....Obviously I went Addai at 3.