Sign in to follow this  
illest

Best Corner Tandem in the League?

Madden 2008 not only is rating players, but giving the ones that are particularily good special attributes.

Heres the lists:

Press Corner

Al Harris

Antoine Winfield

Asante Samuel

Carlos Rogers

Champ Bailey

Charles Tillman

Charles Woodson

Chris McAlister

Nate Clements

Quentin Jammer

Ronde Barber

Shutdown Corner

Al Harris

Asante Samuel

Champ Bailey

Chris McAlister

DeAngelo Hall

Dre' Bly

Lito Sheppard

Marcus Trufant

Nate Clements

Nmadi Asomugha

Patrick Surtain

Rashean Mathis

Terence Newman

Smart Corner

Al Harris

Antoine Winfield

Asante Samuel

Champ Bailey

Charles Woodson

Chris McAlister

Lito Sheppard

Nathan Vasher

Rashean Mathis

Ronde Barber

Ty Law

Walt Harris

So, Al Harris is all 3; and Charles Woodson is 2 of the 3. Those are pretty short lists. I don't see any other team so well represented, so obviously Madden is very high on the Packer Corners. What are you thoughts?

Madden 2008 not only is rating players, but giving the ones that are particularily good special attributes.

Heres the lists:

Press Corner

Al Harris

Antoine Winfield

Asante Samuel

Carlos Rogers

Champ Bailey

Charles Tillman

Charles Woodson

Chris McAlister

Nate Clements

Quentin Jammer

Ronde Barber

Shutdown Corner

Al Harris

Asante Samuel

Champ Bailey

Chris McAlister

DeAngelo Hall

Dre' Bly

Lito Sheppard

Marcus Trufant

Nate Clements

Nmadi Asomugha

Patrick Surtain

Rashean Mathis

Terence Newman

Smart Corner

Al Harris

Antoine Winfield

Asante Samuel

Champ Bailey

Charles Woodson

Chris McAlister

Lito Sheppard

Nathan Vasher

Rashean Mathis

Ronde Barber

Ty Law

Walt Harris

So, Al Harris is all 3; and Charles Woodson is 2 of the 3. Those are pretty short lists. I don't see any other team so well represented, so obviously Madden is very high on the Packer Corners. What are you thoughts?

whenever "madden" and "packers" are mentioned in the same sentence, all validity is shot to hell.

Madden is such a Favre knob slobber, that he'll say anything and everything nice about the packers to make Brett feel better.

The best CB tandem in the NFL is in Denver where they have the best CB (Champ) and one of the best playmakers (Bly). I'd put the Ravens at #2

whenever "madden" and "packers" are mentioned in the same sentence, all validity is shot to hell.

Madden is such a Favre knob slobber, that he'll say anything and everything nice about the packers to make Brett feel better.

The best CB tandem in the NFL is in Denver where they have the best CB (Champ) and one of the best playmakers (Bly). I'd put the Ravens at #2

agreed.

I would agree that JOHN MADDEN is that way; but I highly doubt the man Madden has any input on the ratings of players in a game by EA Sports.

Well, Madden has slightly more to do with Madden 2008 than I do...His name is on both the box and the check, but it's not like he's sitting in the EA offices working with the programmers to determine player rankings :music_guitarred:

That said, the programmers are seriously high if they are going to rank the Packers CB's over Denver's. Harris is decent enough, but I've never seen any QB afraid of him. Woodson was strong, but if I was GM and I could do a straight-up swap Bailey for Woodson, he'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Champ Bailey is the best corner tandem in the league by himself. He's a freak.

Madden only has them that way because he's on Favre's jock and since the corners catch more passes from Favre than the WRs do, he must have been mistaken.

i must be mistaken, but i dont actually see the overall # for any of the players....just some categories?

why in God's name are most of you indicating that you think it is 80 year old john madden who is sitting down and picking players rankings for a video game? F'n A!

i must be mistaken, but i dont actually see the overall # for any of the players....just some categories?

I don't beleive EA has actually released the actual rankings yet, but they have released this, which are the attributes players get when they are especially good at a particular phase of their position. Having these attributes raises their in-game play in these catagories above and beyond what their rankings are. These are the only 3 corner catagories.

Madden only has them that way because he's on Favre's jock

embarrassing :bandana:

The MAN is different than the GAME...

I had a girlfriend in High School named Lisa Damm, but amazingly she wasn't used to hold back water to generate electricity and regulate flooding. :music_guitarred:

embarrassing :bandana:

I had a girlfriend in High School named Lisa Damm, but amazingly she wasn't used to hold back water to generate electricity and regulate flooding. :music_guitarred:

Does it not seem a bit odd to you that it's called Madden 2008, that someone named Madden has been all over Brett Favre for the past 15 years, that Favre plays for the Green Bay Packers, and that they have the top set of corners on the game while anyone who knows anything about football would tell you that Denver is unstoppable?

I realize he doesnt MAKE the game, but to act like he has no input, when he has claimed numerous times that he takes pride in his hands on approach to making the game, and even provides his voice to it, is kind of foolish.

Does it not seem a bit odd to you that it's called Madden 2008, that someone named Madden has been all over Brett Favre for the past 15 years, that Favre plays for the Green Bay Packers, and that they have the top set of corners on the game while anyone who knows anything about football would tell you that Denver is unstoppable?

I realize he doesnt MAKE the game, but to act like he has no input, when he has claimed numerous times that he takes pride in his hands on approach to making the game, and even provides his voice to it, is kind of foolish.

I can't prove it, but I'll bet a paycheck that Madden doesn't step foot in any EA offices in any given year. His agent negotiates the payment, he does the scripted voice-overs in a recording studio, and all coding is done with nothing but professional game developers in the room. To think that a.) you'd want to develop a game where you had to run everything through an 80 yo spokesperson; or b.) that Madden wants anything to do with the game other than his check is completely foolish.

I can just imagine your scenario:

(Developer 1) - "Well Mr. Madden, here's the list of all 1700+ players in the league by position and all the rankings we use to drive the game engine can you review this and adjust accordingly?"

(Madden) - "We need the Packers number one in the league, clearly they are the greatest team in the NFL. I know this won't provide very good game play but bump up the special attributes of the Packer corners. No one will notice, and that should keep Green Bay as #1"

:blink:

agreed on all.

1-madden still thinks they wear leather helmets.

2-bailey and bly are the #1 duo in the league, followed by mcalister and rolle (who has somewhat lost a step) .

3-madden jizzes on anyone who has 1 career yr (ie ahman green, ssmith, samuel).

The best cornerback tandem is Champ Bailey and me! :blink: And I don't even play....that's how good Champ is.

I can't prove it, but I'll bet a paycheck that Madden doesn't step foot in any EA offices in any given year. His agent negotiates the payment, he does the scripted voice-overs in a recording studio, and all coding is done with nothing but professional game developers in the room. To think that a.) you'd want to develop a game where you had to run everything through an 80 yo spokesperson; or b.) that Madden wants anything to do with the game other than his check is completely foolish.

I can just imagine your scenario:

(Developer 1) - "Well Mr. Madden, here's the list of all 1700+ players in the league by position and all the rankings we use to drive the game engine can you review this and adjust accordingly?"

(Madden) - "We need the Packers number one in the league, clearly they are greatest team in the NFL. I know this won't provide very good game play but bump up the special attributes of the Packer corners. No one will notice, and that should keep Green Bay as #1"

:blink:

No, I realize what you're saying, and I agree with you that he doesn't sit down and make the ratings himself, but surely he has an input on his own game. Wouldn't you?

I'm aware that he doesn't have a degree in making video games or anything, but he watches tons of football, is the face of the game, and has a well-known thing for the Packers. Maybe they did it just to keep him happier or something.

Ever notice that Shaq is on the cover of the NBA 2K series and always seems to be like a 96 or so rating even though he has CLEARLY lost a step. Think VY will be ranked on Madden based on his "intangibles" that allow him to win games? Or will they give him freakish speed, amazing arm strength and pin-point accuracy?

The best cornerback tandem is Champ Bailey and me! :blink: And I don't even play....that's how good Champ is.

Agreed, as well.

So just imagine, Champ Bailey with Dre Bly.

The same Dre Bly who was able to make a name for himself, even while he was on that horrid team, and defense, that is the Detroit Lions.

Agreed, as well.

So just imagine, Champ Bailey with Dre Bly.

The same Dre Bly who was able to make a name for himself, even while he was on that horrid team, and defense, that is the Detroit Lions.

Also, let's not forget Dre won a Super Bowl while with the Rams. That's important because he knows what it takes to be a winner. Alot of times just getting the right winners attitude is just as important as the physical skills.

Also, let's not forget Dre won a Super Bowl while with the Rams. That's important because he knows what it takes to be a winner. Alot of times just getting the right winners attitude is just as important as the physical skills.

Yeah I forget about that.... Seems like such a long time ago.

Wow, you guys REALLY think that John Madden has ANYTHING to do with the Madden football game (aside from his name and his commentary)?

Having seen several TV specials w/ John Madden talking about the Madden Game and seen and read plenty about what goes on in the Madden game making and rating system, it becomes obvious that his involvement is just as it should be - Name Brand and Voice Commentary. He is in no way in contact with the game research team that sets the ratings.

I'm saddened that you guys really think that someone who endorses a game has any impact. Please... tell me you guys are joking.

*None* of you even mentioned Chicago's corners.

Give the Packers credit - Harris/Woodson are a formidable duo.

I heard that John Elway wrote the "superplay" in John Elway Football that made the QB 10 times faster than every guy on the field. :blink:

Once the regular season starts and some games are played, Madden updates the stats on players in regards to how they perform. So all of this is like the BCS rankings right now, it won't matter too much once the season starts.

ash - I don't think you are right there. They update the ROSTERS, but I don't think I have ever seen them change a players ranking until the next year.

Wow, you guys REALLY think that John Madden has ANYTHING to do with the Madden football game (aside from his name and his commentary)?

Isn't it his voice in the game? I think so.

See he has SOMETHING to do with the game. :music_guitarred:

embarrassing :music_guitarred:

I had a girlfriend in High School named Lisa Damm, but amazingly she wasn't used to hold back water to generate electricity and regulate flooding. :mellow:

More importantly...

Can Size?

:overhead:

another valid point - a packer has never been on the cover...

wait, no, that is probably a good thing for the pack. nevermind. stupid vince young.

another valid point - a packer has never been on the cover...

wait, no, that is probably a good thing for the pack. nevermind. stupid vince young.

Madden doesn't want or need to curse the Packers. They get hurt all by themselves.

Ahman Green? check.

Javon Walker? check.

Brett Favre? well, he's a freak.

More importantly...

Can Size?

:bandana:

Damn straight. :pointstosky:

Good call. :cheers:

Al Harris is the most underated CB in the league. He shuts WRs down.

Champ is by far the best CB, but I would say The Packers have the 2nd best duo.

S. Rolle was toasted many times last year.

Y'all might as well get used to the following names...Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph. By next year, if not the end of this year, this duo is going to be top 5.

Smoot and Springs with rogers as the nickel.

Y'all might as well get used to the following names...Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph. By next year, if not the end of this year, this duo is going to be top 5.

Didn't the falcons draft another CB a year or so before Hall? Deangelo something?

I don't know if y'all noticed this, but the list is in alphabetical order by first name. :rolleyes:

:P that kinda changes the argument a bit.......

I don't know if y'all noticed this, but the list is in alphabetical order by first name. :bench:

damn, as I scrolled down, I was hoping to be the only one who realized this :overhead:

Baily & Bly should be the best tandem this year. Harris & Woodson were the best last year

Madden's a focking tool. Bailey and Bly are going to be the best focking Corner duo in the league.

if this were the year 2000 or so the chiefs would be doing pretty well :headbanger: