HTH

Best sleeper qb's ....later in draft

I'm liking....

Rivers

Romo

Kitna

in that order.

:music_guitarred:

I'd say Alex Smith is going to be a steal this year, and that is not my homerism speaking. He is going in rd 12 and has a very good chance to toss 25 TDs.

I see this year for him similar to Carson Palmer's breakout year.

Also Eli Manning in my opinion is a steal considering hes going round 9-10.... he may suck in games that matter, but he throws TDs.

agreed - those are 3 guys I am targeting, hopefully I can grab them in the 7th - 9th rounds. We'll see..

I'd say Alex Smith is going to be a steal this year, and that is not my homerism speaking. He is going in rd 12 and has a very good chance to toss 25 TDs.

Also Eli Manning in my opinion is a steal considering hes going round 9-10.... he may suck in games that matter, but he throws TDs.

Don't know much about Smith, but I'm a Giants fan and am very concerned about the oline this season. Not sure if Manning will survive with Diel at left tackle.

I'm liking....

Rivers

Romo

Kitna

in that order.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Kitna and Romo are faaaar from being sleepers this year!

Kitna is being taken around 6th (qb that is) in the drafts I've did and Romo is right behind him. Usually a sleeper is a guy like Losman, Huard, Croyle, Jackson....guys that nobody talks about and isnt' considered as a fantasy starter.

Rivers kind of fits. He's in pergutory. He's not a sleeper, but he's not a starter.

Guest JahRasta311

I'll add Leinart to that list. With the talent around him, he should have an excellent season.

Romo and Kitna are far from being sleepers. Romo has TO and Kitna has R. Williams, CJ2 and Mike Furrey.

I have seen Kitna go in the 5th round in a lot of mock drafts.

I'll add Leinart to that list. With the talent around him, he should have an excellent season.

I actually put Leinart in the slightly overrated catagory. The new coach likes to run, run, and then run some more.

As others have said, Romo and especially Kitna are far from sleepers. Losman and Alex Smith might be nice late round picks. Don't count out old man Favre, either.

Did you really just compare Alex Smith to Carson Palmer?

Just because they were both first picks, doesn't mean they have anything in common.

Leftwich.

Good points per game last year before he got hurt.

That's a sleeper. Someone who isn't getting drafted in most leagues but could possibly be a starter.

Guest JahRasta311
Leftwich.

Good points per game last year before he got hurt.

That's a sleeper. Someone who isn't getting drafted in most leagues but could possibly be a starter.

So far they're saying he looks amazing in camp. I've always liked him.

Top 7 or 8 QBs are not sleepers.

Antsports ADPs for QBs:

Manning			2.02
Palmer			3.06
Brady			4.01
Brees			4.07
Bulger			4.11

McNabb			5.04
Kitna			5.12
Romo			6.08
Young			7.02
Hasselbeck			7.04

Leinart			8.01
Rivers			8.06
Cutler			8.07
Manning			9.04
Roethlisberger		9.06

Vick			9.07
Favre			9.11
Delhomme			10.06
Smith			10.11
Schaub			11.11

Pennington			12.01
Losman			12.02
Garcia			13.02
Grossman			13.03
McNair			13.10

Campbell			14.05
Green			14.07
Leftwich			15.01
McCown			15.08

Yes, I am a Bears homer, but how is Grossman the 24th ranked qb. This isnt real football, its FF where statistics matter and where you can easily swap to a backup if you need to. Most people seem to take a real football opinion with Rex and write him off.

3200 yds and 23 TD Passes last year. He finished 13th among qbs in my leagues scoring.

Rex will need to improve in order to keep his job. If he matches last years performance he will be benched due to turnovers. There is this risk, but there is also a great upside. If he plays the way he should - the first half of last year, he will be a steal where he is being drafted.

I'd recommend getting a decent backup plan by taking an 8th or 9th round qb and then drafting Rex as your backup in the 10-12 round range. His numbers are comparable to Eli's and better than some of the "sleepers" mentioned above.

Other sleepers to consider based on the ADP are Delhomme, Losman and Favre believe it or not.

Just because they were both first picks, doesn't mean they have anything in common.

Smith and Palmer are almost identical!

Both are QB's.

Both were #1 picks.

Both are white guys.

Both are 6'4.

Both have dated Paris Hilton (well I'm sure Smith too)

Both have steller wr's.

Both have established offenses.

Both have proven they can get the job done.

Maybe they're not as close as I thought!?

Kitna and Romo don't count, as has already been said.

I like Rivers (if you can get him late enough that is, he may not count either.) and Losman.

Losman has Lee Evans, and apparently Lynch has good hands coming out of the backfield, so that should raise his # of completions and keep a few drives alive so he can take more shots deep with Evans. Even if one of those per game pays off, it's like 8 points or so in one play. That's always a nice hope to cling to, especially with the strength of the team you could build around him by waiting that late to take a QB.

Also, Bulger is being taken WAY past when he should. To me, he'll be right up there with Manning and Palmer this year and will outperform Brady and Brees (who I think will fall off just a bit). I know he's going mid-fourth, but a sleeper is really anyone who can be taken later than their actual value, correct? So in that respect, Bulger is a sleeper.

Guest JahRasta311
Smith and Palmer are almost identical!

Both are QB's.

Both were #1 picks.

Both are white guys.

Both are 6'4.

Both have dated Paris Hilton (well I'm sure Smith too)

Both have steller wr's.

Both have established offenses.

Both have proven they can get the job done.

Maybe they're not as close as I thought!?

Don't forget

Both had veterans to learn from.

I am a Bear's fan, but certainly no rah-raher for all Bear players at all positions.

I am going to cast my votes for Grossman and Leinert. I think Rothlisberger might be a nice late draft pick also. Rex had some miserable games last year, but he showed talent in a lot of others. Word out of Bear's camp is that his footwork (which caused him problems last year) is much improved. Leinert has the weapons to be a nice little play if you go for RB and WR early in your draft. I hear the O-line will be better, but who knows?

Although I like Kitna, he is moving way up draft boards of the guys I talk with. I think he is gonna be WAY more expensive than the guys I mentioned above, imo.

You guys might want to keep your eyes on Matt Schaub. All the reports coming out of the Houston camp is he's the real deal.

You guys might want to keep your eyes on Matt Schaub. All the reports coming out of the Houston camp is he's the real deal.

They better say that...

They better say that...

The Houston critics are pretty vocal and brutally honest. After all we've been through with the Carr, Vince, and even the Astros they are not affraid to honestly speak their minds. They pretty much cut to the chase with everything. If their giving good reports something has to be pretty good.

They better say that...

:pointstosky: (preseason)

:bandana: (week 3)

:cheers: (week 10)

In case you're wondering, that's the progression in Houston.

Guest JahRasta311
In case you're wondering, that's the progression in Houston.

I think it goes something more like this.

:pointstosky: (preseason)

:cheers: (week 3)

:dunno: (week 10)

:bandana: (week 17)

I actually put Leinart in the slightly overrated catagory. The new coach likes to run, run, and then run some more.

As others have said, Romo and especially Kitna are far from sleepers. Losman and Alex Smith might be nice late round picks. Don't count out old man Favre, either.

I think Whisenhunt will throw more than the Steeler teams. Cowher was the big run guy. Whisenhunt simply did what the coach wanted. Ken will definitly want to establish the run, but I think he will throw more than expected.

He has more offensive talent in Zona than he had in Pitt.

Leinart>Roethisberger

Fitzgerald>Ward....very close, I love Ward

Boldin>Burress, Shaw, Holmes

Johnson=Randle El, Washington

Parker/Bettis>James/Shipp...but only by a nosehair.

The big advantage in Pitt was that OLine which is a big factor. The Cards did get three new OLinemen this year. I don't expect them to be at Pitts level by no means, but definitly better. Fitzgerald is going to be the focal point of the offense, so that is a good sign for Leinart as well.

Big Ben, they will opening up the offense more this year and Ben has a strong arm. I really expect Heath Miller to benefit alot this year from the more open offense

Big Ben, they will opening up the offense more this year and Ben has a strong arm. I really expect Heath Miller to benefit alot this year from the more open offense

Definitly agree with that

Top 7 or 8 QBs are not sleepers.

Antsports ADPs for QBs:

Manning			2.02
Palmer			3.06
Brady			4.01
Brees			4.07
Bulger			4.11

McNabb			5.04
Kitna			5.12
Romo			6.08
Young			7.02
Hasselbeck			7.04

Leinart			8.01
Rivers			8.06
Cutler			8.07
Manning			9.04
Roethlisberger		9.06

Vick			9.07
Favre			9.11
Delhomme			10.06
Smith			10.11
Schaub			11.11

Pennington			12.01
Losman			12.02
Garcia			13.02
Grossman			13.03
McNair			13.10

Campbell			14.05
Green			14.07
Leftwich			15.01
McCown			15.08

Yes, I am a Bears homer, but how is Grossman the 24th ranked qb. This isnt real football, its FF where statistics matter and where you can easily swap to a backup if you need to. Most people seem to take a real football opinion with Rex and write him off.

3200 yds and 23 TD Passes last year. He finished 13th among qbs in my leagues scoring.

Rex will need to improve in order to keep his job. If he matches last years performance he will be benched due to turnovers. There is this risk, but there is also a great upside. If he plays the way he should - the first half of last year, he will be a steal where he is being drafted.

I'd recommend getting a decent backup plan by taking an 8th or 9th round qb and then drafting Rex as your backup in the 10-12 round range. His numbers are comparable to Eli's and better than some of the "sleepers" mentioned above.

Other sleepers to consider based on the ADP are Delhomme, Losman and Favre believe it or not.

Based on that chart the 2 that stand out are

Green and Leftwich

Hasselbeck in the 7th

E Manning in the 9th

Grossman in the 13th

I see true value in those 3 picks

Hasselbeck in the 7th

E Manning in the 9th

Grossman in the 13th

I see true value in those 3 picks

You put E Manning to clarify.

Hasselbeck.....Tim or Matt?

JK

I think Manning that late is a good value. By the 9th round you'll have at least 3 backs, 3 wr's, defense and either te or your starting qb. Eli is definitly a good back up. He could post good numbers and be good trade bait....or trade bait for an unfortunate owner who's starter got hurt.

One guy I really don't like as a sleeper is Losman. Lee Evans has some nice games and Lynch should be a nice WR out of the backfield, but what do they have after that? Roscoe Parrish? Ugh. After that? More ugh.

Losman showed some improvement last season but with the talent surrounding him, I see a very low ceiling. Throw in a poor offensive line and late games in the freezing cold......you can see where I'm going with this....

One guy that I've been touting this summer is Pennington. Everyone has been discarding him but he lead the Jets to a nice year last season when everyone thought they were crap. Coles and Cotchery are both basically 1000 yard WRs. Thomas Jones is a great pass catching addition out of the backfield. The line played well last season and has a season together under it's belt. I'd take Pennington 10 times before I'd take Losman.

JMO.

Smith, Grossman, Losman - they just have that "stay away" aura to them, I don't know why. It makes me feel they'll certainly outperform their draft position...targeting these guys late for #2 QB.

<_< I don't know what's funnier. You saying your homerism isn't speaking or that you are seriously comparing Alex Smith to Carson Palmer? Alex Smith will be Carson Palmer oh right around NEVAH!

Jake Delhomme. He used to be a stellar top 5 QB years ago. Last year he struggled as he was stuck with Meyshawn in the beginning and forced to hold a clipboard during the end of the season. Now that his team has a healthy Steve Smith (#1 receiver in league), and now Dwayne Jarrett to replace the worn out KJ, he has a clear path to success. I see him entering the top 10 again this year AT LEAST.

Although I don't think he's Carson Palmer, one guy I am coming around on is Alex Smith. He's got a couple years under his belt. Has a good running game. Vernon Davis, Battle, Bryant, Robinson. If Darrell Jackson comes back to form, that's a lot of nice weapons to work with. Poor defenses in the division.

Alex Smith has certainly been put in position to succeed as a fantasy QB.

Yes he did. At least he went out on a limb, instead of all the other bullcrap. Who should I take at 1:03,Kita is a sleeper,C.Wilson had a good night. Give some orginal thought every now and again and quit regurgitating the same boring ######. Another helpful tip, there is heading for all the posts, this one did not read "who is guarenteed to kick ass at QB this year I can draft late.

That Brett Farve guy. He is almost always going to have to be playing from behind and will throw the ball a lot. He is going to throw a lot of INT's though.

I've seen more than a few drafts break up with Grossman still in the players pool. He will be the most acquired QB from the wires. This Greg Olsen kid is the real deal. Huge target with great hands that no LB can cover. With Hester, Berrian clearing out big swaths of open grass, Olsen is going to be open all day long. When they try to sneak a safety underneath, Berrian deep.

I'm liking....

Rivers

Romo

Kitna

in that order.

:pointstosky:

Good I like those guys too. (but not in that order. Good for my sleepers :unsure: )