Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Anyone else think Caddy has top 10 potential this season ?

Quite possibly I am alone in thinking this but it seems the stars are allinged for him to have a unreal season !

A. Better QB in Garcia ( though thats not saying much considering how awful their QB play was in 06 )

B. Defense should be better this season

C. Oline should be better - can't see how it could get any worse.

D. Alstott is GONE - meaning He should get at least 1/2 of the GL looks.

E. Last season the whole team sucked it wasn't just him

More important than anyhting else -- His SCHEDULE !!! In bold is his 1 an only tough match up against the run !!

1 Sun, Sep 9 at Seattle Tickets NL FOX 4:15 PM

2 Sun, Sep 16 New Orleans Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

3 Sun, Sep 23 St. Louis Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

4 Sun, Sep 30 at Carolina Tickets NL FOX 4:05 PM

5 Sun, Oct 7 at Indianapolis Tickets NL FOX 4:05 PM

6 Sun, Oct 14 Tennessee Tickets NL CBS 1:00 PM

7 Sun, Oct 21 at Detroit Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

8 Sun, Oct 28 Jacksonville Tickets NL CBS 4:05 PM

9 Sun, Nov 4 Arizona Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

10 BYE WEEK

11 Sun, Nov 18 at Atlanta Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

12 Sun, Nov 25 Washington Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

13 Sun, Dec 2 at New Orleans Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

14 Sun, Dec 9 at Houston Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

15 Sun, Dec 16 Atlanta Tickets NL FOX 1:00 PM

16 Sun, Dec 23 at San Francisco Tickets NL NBC 8:15 PM

17 Sun, Dec 30 Carolina Tickets

All he needs to do IMO is stay healthy and he should be a great play all seaosn long !

no, he won't (top 10) - yes, you are (alone on this one)

Top 10 may be a little high but I agree that he should have a good season... I say about 1200 total and 8-10 TD's...

I am high on him this year considering his low ADP. :doublethumbsup:

:thumbsup: yup. If I can get him late 4th round (12 team league), I love him.

Agreed, not top 10. It won't be hard for him to do better than last year though so he might crack the top 20.

I think he has the potential to crack top 10. I wouldn't bank on it, but seeing as how you can get him as your RB3, hes got GREAT value. I am targetting him in my money league.

:doublethumbsup: yup. If I can get him late 4th round (12 team league), I love him.

Caddy has the potential to be a top 10 back this year. We all know that NFL teams can turn things around pretty fast, and we all know Caddy CAN run the rock. The question is will it happen. This year will be an interesting year for him both fantasy wise and in the NFL. We find out if he is gonna be a productive starting back in the NFL or just another flash in the pan.

Caddy has the potential to be a top 10 back this year. We all know that NFL teams can turn things around pretty fast, and we all know Caddy CAN run the rock. The question is will it happen. This year will be an interesting year for him both fantasy wise and in the NFL. We find out if he is gonna be a productinve starting back in the NFL or just another flash in the pan.

Without Caddy being more involved in the passing game, which Gruden has said he would ever since his rookie year, I don't see him cracking the top 10. And I really don't know that Caddy is that great of a runner. I have seen him get armed tackled too many times.

Quite possibly I am alone in thinking this but it seems the stars are allinged for him to have a unreal season !

A. Better QB in Garcia ( though thats not saying much considering how awful their QB play was in 06 )

B. Defense should be better this season

C. Oline should be better - can't see how it could get any worse.

D. Alstott is GONE - meaning He should get at least 1/2 of the GL looks.

E. Last season the whole team sucked it wasn't just him

More important than anyhting else -- His SCHEDULE !!! In bold is his 1 an only tough match up against the run !!

ok, i'll start by saying that i do think Caddy could be top15 this year... and i've been saying just about the same thing for a few months...

HOWEVER

How can you say that TB only has one game w/ a tough matchup against the run when they play CAR twice? CAR was the 8th ranked DEF overall last year in the NFL, (11th in yds, 9 in YPA, and 7th in TDs) - and that was w/ losing Dan Morgan (starting MLB) in wk1.

and in the two times TB played CAR last year, Caddy was held to last than 50 yds rushing in each contest...

i do think Caddy has potential to be a top15 RB, but i think your analysis of the run strength of schedule is a little off...

Caddy is a boom or bust pick. His boom stock is borderline Top 10 (not much more until he gets 3rd down). I think more reasonably 10-15 RB on the high end. However, his bust is being an RB that you can't confidently start on any given week. Sure you can say that about most RBs but the difference is that it has happened to Caddy once already. Just last season. I like the potential but I wouldn't reach for him either. Especially over a sure fire WR.

Caddy may rack up some yards but IMO he will never get toward the 10 td level that he would need to get into the top 10.

Gruden always has a goal line back taking away Td's from his "yardage" back. The fact that Allstot is gone only means someone else will will that role - not Caddy.

The problem is so many people base their "strength of schedule" on just last year's stats.

Even so, Carolina was 11th in rushing yards allowed and 7th in rushing TDs allowed last year....(Jax was 4th in yards but 19th in TDs allowed)

But things change from year to year.

in 2005 Green Bay was terrible against the run, good against the pass...last year they were 13th in yards allowed and 12th in TDs allowed rushing, but sucked against the pass.

ok, i'll start by saying that i do think Caddy could be top15 this year... and i've been saying just about the same thing for a few months...

HOWEVER

How can you say that TB only has one game w/ a tough matchup against the run when they play CAR twice? CAR was the 8th ranked DEF overall last year in the NFL, (11th in yds, 9 in YPA, and 7th in TDs) - and that was w/ losing Dan Morgan (starting MLB) in wk1.

and in the two times TB played CAR last year, Caddy was held to last than 50 yds rushing in each contest...

i do think Caddy has potential to be a top15 RB, but i think your analysis of the run strength of schedule is a little off...

Cadillac is overrated, even at his position in the current rankings. TB is still awful, Garcia is getting a lot more credit than he deserves for his play in Philly at the end of last year, the addition of Petitgout will help the OL a little, but I'm just of the opinion that Cadillac is not an "elite" back, just average.

I think when it's all said and done, Cadillac will rank somewhere around 18-25 in the rankings at the end of the year for RBs, not as bad as last year, but a little better. I see him putting up numbers similarly to what McGahee did in Buffalo last year, around 1000-1100 yds, and about 6-7 TDs.

The problem is so many people base their "strength of schedule" on just last year's stats.

Even so, Carolina was 11th in rushing yards allowed and 7th in rushing TDs allowed last year....(Jax was 4th in yards but 19th in TDs allowed)

But things change from year to year.

in 2005 Green Bay was terrible against the run, good against the pass...last year they were 13th in yards allowed and 12th in TDs allowed rushing, but sucked against the pass.

i agree you can't just look at what a team did last year to judge SOS for this year... you also have to consider the scenario around the previous season, what personnel changes they went through on D, and also the situation of the offense...

and that's why i think CAR will be even BETTER this year than last... Dan Morgan will be playing again, they drafted Beason in the first to add LB depth (and Beason may actually start). They drafted a backup DE in the 3rd for depth. And they brought in two Ss in the offseason to take over the starting roles...

And w/ an improved offense, the defense shouldn't spend nearly as much time on the field as last season and should also be given better field position.

sure, it could be my Panther Blue homer glasses that make me think this, but there are alot of key factors which point to the entire team turning around, and not just the defense...

THe dude F-ed me over last year and I really don't like it when dudes F me over and I try to make sure no dude Fs me twice in 2 years.

Like we discussed in a previous thread, the SOS RARELY works in this day and age.

Except Garcia, I don't think the offense improved at all.

I might grab the guy if he falls late 4th, but that is it. I think he is exactly where he shoudl be on the ADP.

If you can get him as your 3rd RB that's awesome. If he's your 2RB I hope you have some stud WRs and a QB and a stud #1 RB. I can't see taking him before the 4th or 5th round. He's one of those guys that MIGHT turn into a value pick, but he's not a guy you want to take early HOPING he will hit.

I would say top 15 in PPR leagues. Garcia likes to throw to his RBs. I like Caddy this year.

Wow, not much love for Caddy,

I picked him up in the 4th in my league as my 3rd RB. We have a 10 team league with 2 keepers, so it was really like a 6th round pick. I must say, I was delighted to pick him up there :pointstosky:

When you watch him play, what about him makes you say "He has the potential to be great"? I just don't see anything. I think his rookie year was a stroke of luck and good fortune. He just looks average in all respects. He looked great at Auburn, but that was in a part-time role, in a system that a lot of backs succeed in, and if you look at a lot of his highlights he's outbruising and outjuking guys that just weren't NFL material.

Even if I underrate him, I just don't think he has the toughness to carry the ball 300 times in a season.

I think Jeff Garcia really helps him a lot but if he's not in on 3rd down, that's a lot of points thrown away. People will write off last year because of all the other troubles in Tampa but Michael Pittman had a fine year in limited duty. Caddy had 150 more touches, and only 350 more total yards, and the same # of TDs. That's putrid.

I see a number of 10 carries for 22 yards type games this year. I'd take Ahman Green or Adrian Peterson before I took this guy, and I'd bet my season in a single game on Fred Taylor before I bet it on Caddy.

In Gruden's West Coast Offense, Garcia should benefit the most. Caddy will be used like a Charlie Garner and Pittman like a Zach Crockett. Caddy will get his yards, but IMO Pittman could get 10 tds to Caddy's 6. Caddy is a 3rd RB, don't draft him higher.

There are a few big hurdles for Williams to overcome before getting near the top 10, imo.

While Garcia is an upgrade on face value, people seem to forget how woeful he was with bad teams as recently as two years ago. He did a great job in Philly; now, it remains to be seen whether he can do that when not surrounded by the same level of talent and expectation.

Looking at the division, I would project both New Orleans and Carolina as playoff teams, ahead of the Bucs. Garcia is there to do one of two things: win now OR serve as mentor for whichever young guy they settle on as their future. If TB is facing a 6-10 or 7-9 season, I don't see how you continue to play Garcia at season's end. That hurts Cadillac's overall #'s and, more important from a fantasy standpoint, leaves him vulnerable during playoff time.

Overall, the schedule looks good though I think you're selling Carolina short. That's a pretty good defense (Top 10-12 vs the run last season) that he'll face twice (though one of those falls in week 17).

I think he's a solid #2 option, but not a top 10 producer.