Sign in to follow this  
The Soilost

Official 2007 Soilost Rankings

Testimonials?

I take it you haven't been playing The Game very long, not spending your Sundays glued to the television and watching what the men do with the beloved Rock.

I've stood by my rankings year after year and helped many a newbie like you to fantasy football success.

Malign me all you want to, but my expertise, experience and successes speak for themselves.

And as the season wears on and that pit of failure in your stomach burns as your fantasy season goes down the crapper, you'll think back and wonder why you didn't pay more attention.

Good luck to you, brother.

:rolleyes:

This guy is off his f*ckin rocker! :thumbsup:

8.) Tony Romo – He won't blow-mo.

But that is just plain funny! :lol:

I take it you haven't been playing The Game very long, not spending your Sundays glued to the television and watching what the men do with the beloved Rock.

I've stood by my rankings year after year and helped many a newbie like you to fantasy football success.

Malign me all you want to, but my expertise, experience and successes speak for themselves.

And as the season wears on and that pit of failure in your stomach burns as your fantasy season goes down the crapper, you'll think back and wonder why you didn't pay more attention.

Good luck to you, brother.

:lol:

Not that it matter but I ain't no nubbie. Looked and saw the testimonials, but as far as I know, they could be an alias. I can spot bullsh!t from a mile away. What I did find was that you edited last year's list. Which was the real one? the first one or the second? Or both?

I can take someone else's list make a few changes and add a sleeper or two and hit about 50% too!

Not that it matter but I ain't no nubbie. Looked and saw the testimonials, but as far as I know, they could be an alias. I can spot bullsh!t from a mile away. What I did find was that you edited last year's list. Which was the real one? the first one or the second? Or both?

I can take someone else's list make a few changes and add a sleeper or two and hit about 50% too!

I think this needs to be said again:

There are 3 universal truths in Fantasy Football.

1. Never bench your studs

2. Always draft a kicker in the last round

AND.......

3. Never question the Soilist!

:lol:

3. Never question the Solist!

:pointstosky:

I wouldn't have except for the fact that he edited his list. Which list from 2006 was I supposed to used when trying to judge last year's preformance, the first or the second? If I used the first list, than he sucks, if I used the second list, he did a better job. The list with Eli Manning, Ronnie Brown and Lee Evans as number ones or the list with Peyton Manning, Frank Gore and Marvin Harrison as number ones?

I wouldn't have except for the fact that he edited his list. Which list from 2006 was I supposed to used when trying to judge last year's preformance, the first or the second? If I used the first list, than he sucks, if I used the second list, he did a better job. The list with Eli Manning, Ronnie Brown and Lee Evans as number ones or the list with Peyton Manning, Frank Gore and Marvin Harrison as number ones?

How can someone question the honestly of The Soilost? It's simply unheard of. I suspect that you are the one that is fabricating a list and associating The Soilost's name to it.

I call shenanigans on your part.

How can someone question the honestly of The Soilost? It's simply unheard of. I suspect that you are the one that is fabricating a list and associating The Soilost's name to it.

I call shenanigans on your part.

Last year's post

One list at the top and another one quoted on the second page. Read it. Lots of talk of Lundy and Lee Evans, in the first few replies. Had me confused since they were not on the list. Found on why later, as I kept reading and found the original list.

So call shenanigans all you want, as I have already called it on the supposed great and wise Soilost!

So call shenanigans all you want, as I have already called it on the supposed great and wise Soilost!

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$@$!ELEVENTY!@# :pointstosky: :overhead:

Last year's post

One list at the top and another one quoted on the second page. Read it. Lots of talk of Lundy and Lee Evans, in the first few replies. Had me confused since they were not on the list. Found on why later, as I kept reading and found the original list.

Dont be a tool. This list is Gold! :blink:

Joel-stop being a tool. Could it be more apparent that this is semi tongue-in-cheek? Does his changing of his list really chafe you SO badly that you continue ride this dead horse? Get 2 real friends and call Soilost in the morning.

My question for Soilost is: Now that Al Gore has alerted us to the dangers of Global Warming, how does/will that play into your rankings. Any sleepers we should look at due to hotter air/lighter ball/more=more passing yards or something of the sort?

Joel-stop being a tool. Could it be more apparent that this is semi tongue-in-cheek? Does his changing of his list really chafe you SO badly that you continue ride this dead horse? Get 2 real friends and call Soilost in the morning.

My question for Soilost is: Now that Al Gore has alerted us to the dangers of Global Warming, how does/will that play into your rankings. Any sleepers we should look at due to hotter air/lighter ball/more=more passing yards or something of the sort?

Didn't think I was asking a loaded question. And I didn't drink the koolaid with the rest of you. Sorry for trying to see if his 2007 list had an merit based on last year's list and how he did. Sorry for trying to do some research, before I just by in. But I am not the one that edited his post. I am not the one not answering a simple question. Which list is the correct one from last year? Oh my god! There I go again being a tool and asking a straight forward question and still not getting an answer. Which list?

I'm a tool

See? His post was edited by the quoter not the Soilist. Trust his picks or donate your money to the rest of your league. It's your choice. :shocking:

I think this needs to be said again:

There are 3 universal truths in Fantasy Football.

1. Never bench your studs

2. Always draft a kicker in the last round

AND.......

3. Never question the Soilist!

:overhead:

Does "Never bench Steven f'n Davis" fall under #1 or something like #1.5?

Good news: the Soilost is back

BAd news: I have to completely change my draft sheets. :cry:

Does "Never bench Steven f'n Davis" fall under #1 or something like #1.5?

Come on Turf Toe!?!?! You know it falls under number 1.4a. Have you lost your pamphlet or something? I'll send you one right out........

See? His post was edited by the quoter not the Soilist. Trust his picks or donate your money to the rest of your league. It's your choice. :mad:

Last year, I predicted Lee Evans would rise to greatness.

He did.

WIDE RECEIVERS

1.) Marvin Harrison - He be STARVIN' for more TDs this year.

2.) T. Housemanzotter - Welcome back Zotter!

3.) Donald Driver - Makes Minnie look like a ninnie.

4.) Reggie Wayne - John Wayne would be proud.

5.) Torry Holt - The Torry Story goes on.

6.) Chad Johnson - Bad Chad keeps putting his money where his piehole is.

7.) T. Owens - Owens Country Sausage is always good on a Sunday.

8.) Roy Williamson - Roy Williamson's Roast Beef A-Sammich!

9.) Andre Johnson - Carr's breakout season will put some sparkle into Andre's game.

10.) Larry Fitzgerald - A bargain at No. 10 here.

Where's Lee Evans? If he predicted greatness for him, why is he not on the list?

I also found this.

by the way i still think troy will is slated as the number 3 WR....he is more of a slot guy....

and...

Soilost = Viking Fan?

Troy Williamson #2 :pointstosky:

Brad Johnson # 8 :pointstosky: :(

Chester # 7 - ok I'll give him this possibility - beware of a possible new TD vulture in Tony Richardson

And no Troy Williamson on the first post from The Soilost.

If I am going to put any faith into Soilost current predicitions, it seemed reasonable to see how he has done in the past. I could care less about the testimonials, I want to judge predictions by past results. So I did a search and found 2006 lists. The first post on his 2006 list does not contain Lee Evans, but the quoted list does. After that I kept reading, and saw this.

You got farther than I did. I quit reading at "Wali Lundy".

and...

wally lundi at #10

youve got to be kidding me

he's clearly a top 3 RB :D

Guess what. No Lundy on his supposed original post.

RUNNING BACKS

1.) Frank Gore - Even the matadors are peeing their britches.

2.) Shaun Alexander - Annual No. 2 pick, as always.

3.) Larry Johnson - Electric Larryland in KC, baby!

4.) L. Tomlinson - A damn good running back.

5.) Steven Jackson - This guy is a horse. A safe No. 5 pick.

6.) Clinton Portis - He seems to be excited about what's going on with his team.

7.) Chester Taylor - Chester the End Zone molester.

8.) Willis McGahee - Hee hee, don't tell anyone!

9.) Willie Parker - Willie make it? YES HE WILL!!!

10.) Rudi Johnson - Not the biggest Johnson on the board.

But I have to assume one of two things. Either The Soilost edited his first post. Or everyone else on that thread who either quoted the Soilost all changed his lists or those that made a comments about his list decided to talk about players that weren't on his list in some elaborate scheme.

Sorry I did my own research. Sorry I think that The Soilost changed his original list. Sorry for not drinking the koolaid. Don't shoot the messanger just because you don't like the message.

See? His post was edited by the quoter not the Soilist. Trust his picks or donate your money to the rest of your league. It's your choice. :mad:

And The Soilost original list was edited by the Soilost. Read the entire 2006 Soilost list and replies. Read it!

Sorry I did my own research. Sorry I think that The Soilost changed his original list. Sorry for not drinking the koolaid. Don't shoot the messanger just because you don't like the message.

The Soilost is beyond reproach. :lol: :mad:

He is infallible, immaculate, impeccable, inarticulate, and impotent. But he knows what he is doing.

The Soilost is beyond reproach. :lol: :mad:

He is infallible, immaculate, impeccable, inarticulate, and impotent. But he knows what he is doing.

I agree. He knows how to go back and edit his posts.

Last year's post

Go back and read the whole thing. Oh, wait. Then you might see the truth.

I agree. He knows how to go back and edit his posts.

Last year's post

Go back and read the whole thing. Oh, wait. Then you might see the truth.

Congratulations! You have won the Tool of the Year award! :lol: I know it was close competition.. So tell us son, how did ya pull it off?

QUARTERBACKS

1.) Peyton Manning - The old "man" in this family.

2.) Carson Palmer - Transplanted nutria tendon won't affect Kit Carson's game at all, fellas!

3.) Eli Manning - Could be among the best.

4.) Tom Brady - Here's the story, of a lovely lady ...

5.) Matt Hasselback - Welcome to Planet Matt.

6.) Jake Delhomme - Has the potential to be a Top 5 QB.

7.) Ben Roethlesberger - Him and his bionic face have something to prove

8.) J. Losman - Lose the hose will blast his receivers with touchdowns.

9.) Drew Brees - Breeze right into the stat book, baby ...

10.) Phillip Rivers - Don't be a dumbass and sleep on this guy. He's a rising star.

So, how exactly does Eli take the #1 QB spot without a WR or Tiki in the top 10?

i liked the predictions, but yeah, some are really off... (eli @ #1 :shocking:)

Wait Eli's not #1 on his list?

He likes to stick by his rankings. For some reason they always are different after the season.

DAMN EDIT BUTTON!!

God I'm an idiot. I'll quit while you're ahead.. oh wait.. too late.

I think it's pretty clear what's going on here.

markblaz

GrassyKnollSniper

Perennial Contender

listen2me 23

bpork

Dalemite

All have made a very clever and subtle attempt at discrediting the Soilost. I can only assume that they either all work for a company that has a competing product, or they are all aliases of the same person, likely the perennial loser in one of the Soilost's leagues.

Thank you, Soilost!!! You hath shown me the way! :wall:

I'm going to get myself a beer, some Doritos, and a comfy chair and sit back to watch Joel as he continues to take this thread serious.

You're moving up my rankings kid. You really came out of nowhere and now I've got you tagged as a late 1st rounder. I like your potential but your inability to pick up tongue-in-cheek, sarcasm, or 'meant to be funny' posts is going to hurt your value overall. You can't keep focusing on the run or last year's stats. Right now you're letting the ball fly right over your head, allowing the easy score from other posters on this board. Stop playing prevent defense. All it does it prevent you from looking intelligent.

this all a joke Joel. Roll with it and stop trying to debunk something
that wasn't serious in the first place.

So have you edited this year's list yet or when does it come out? Is this the final list? Or are you going to hange it midway through the discussion?

Lighten up, Francis.

I actually bought his software program, which makes adjustments throughout the season based on slight changes to the predicted variables. When you watch this program in action, it's really a thing of beauty to behold.

I've won my league three out of the past four years, thanks, in part, to him.

The year I lost, I actually had the best fantasy team I've ever seen on paper.

I just ran into dumb luck.

But I still made the playoffs and got my money back.

I suppose everyone, like Jesus and The Beatles, has their naysayers, but some things have a greatness that's difficult to deny.

The Soilost's rankings are one of those things.

tongue-in-cheek, sarcasm, or 'meant to be funny' posts

It needed a laugh track.

They use them for TV shows, for when their jokes aren't funny too!

I think I'll wait for the Soilost's Final August Rankings when they come out in December.

draft this weekend and with this list ill dominate! my sister and mom arent taking me down this year!

good "soil" for my fantasy garden

CHAMPIONSHIP!

:pointstosky:

YES!

I gotta tell ya Soilost, I was getting a little nervous. The draft's Sunday & I hadn't heard from you yet.

I bought version 2.1 of the software back in 2001. That season's championship was the first time I'd ever won anything in my life. It was an indescribable feeling.

Also, in addition to telling me which fantasy players to acquire it also told me to dump my ###### girlfriend & quit my job. By mid-season, I was making twice as much money and getting laid much more regularly. This software literally changed my life & it can for you too.

I've only been here for 2 weeks, and even I know the deal with the soil.

Hint: you should read a little bit before you post in certain threads.

Didn't they laugh at the Wright Brothers for trying to fly?

Didn't they used to think if you sailed out to the "end" of the ocean you would fall off the Earth?

"Ask not what what your Soilost can do for you, ask what you can do for our Soilost."

Many of you question the genius of Soilost. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? When somebody hands you a one hundred dollar bill you don't question the authenticity.....you go spend it!

Year after year Soilost graciously hands us our league crown on a platter and yet there is a small handful that deny the gift he has been given. Do you think this software just fell in his lap? The so called experts don't factor in terrorism and hurricanes.

Not only is Soilost a genius, but he's years ahead of his time!!

I thank you once again for the gift of greatness and look forward to holding up the fantasy crown this year <_<

man i would LOVE to be in this guys league... He has Peyton as the number 6? so when he turns up number 1 i guess this guy predicted he would be in the top 10?

Or you know i will do......challenger all kids that drive by in the short bus with their tounges stuck in windows..maybe then i could use this list

WOW!!! I just took another look at his list and his some determining factors are fan support and Channel 9's weather report....holy crap....If fan support is a top determining factor how would you have Peyton at 6? Last time i checked by league settings it said "6 points per rushing TD" I hope i didn't miss "1 point per fan" and "1 point per 10 mph wind speed"

Two words: Brandon Stokely.

Those that have read the Soilost posts know what I'm talking about. :doublethumbsup: