Sign in to follow this  
TheGambinoCrimeFamily

Chris Brown or LenDale White

Chris Brown because he had all of his Toes amputated in the off season.

Chris Brown is the most talented back on the titans roster and has impressed this offseason. Every touch hes shown explosion and is by far the better reciver out of the backfield.

Lendale White seems to be foolishly though of as the "titans" chocie for the starter because people still envision them the eddie georgre titans. With Vince Young at qb a back like brown that can catch a screen pass off a roll-out like brown will make him the better option

chris brown could be a top 5 rb if he stayed healthy an entire season

Chris Brown once rescued 3 drowning girls...and he can't even swim.

j/k :doublethumbsup:

I'm not sure about top 5, but he is the most talented rb on the team. He is almost as fragile and Fred Taylor.

Chris Brown could be a top 5 RB if he was the only person of normal height when the NFL switches to an all-Midget format...

It's the IF part that gets you though... :doublethumbsup:

I only saw one Titans pre-season game, but Chris Henry was the guy who seemed to run with power and passion. Lendale White looked slow and bored while Chris Brown was constantly missing opportunities and going down on the first hit. I've read and heard everywhere that Chris Brown has been the most impressive in camp, but the one game I saw that didn't translate at all.

I know you can't make any determinations off of pre-season games, but against the Redskins he was the only Titans runner who looked like he wanted to start. What happened?

I would select Lendale White first because his ADP is higher, and i know i could get chris brown in 2 rounds and lock up the starter for the team. But that would be me :pointstosky:

Chris Brown once rescued 3 drowning girls...and he can't even swim.

j/k :thumbsup:

Uh oh, I feel a "Let's Get to Know Samkon Gado" thread coming on.

The chief export of Chris Brown is pain.

I love how I had Lendale last year and still picked him again this year - :mad:

Does this justify a man crush?

Chow and Fischer love LenWhale and he'll be the starter, get about 65% to C. Brown's 35% of the plays but White will also get GL carries. I took him in the 8th.

With TEN's very underrated OL and a quickly rising star QB (as long as the Madden Curse doesn't strike), TEN is ripe to deliver a surprise starter-worthy RB.

I'm assuming that was a joke...

What about Chris Henry?

You gotta think whether the titans are in it or not he's gonna steal some touches down the road from both of these guys.

What about Chris Henry?

You gotta think whether the titans are in it or not he's gonna steal some touches down the road from both of these guys.

not really a joke (though top 10 is more realistic)

the one season he stayed closest to healthy he had a 5 ypc on a very bad team

hes also good reciever

not really a joke (though top 10 is more realistic)

the one season he stayed closest to healthy he had a 5 ypc on a very bad team

hes also good reciever

LT

LJ

Sjax

Alexander

Gore

Addai

Westbrook

Willie Parker

Rudi Johnson

Travis Henry

Off the top of my head those are 10 guys that are NO BRAINERS to have a better season that Chris Brown. I will give you his upside of all upsides might be 1000 yrds 8 tds. I think your crazy if you think he can be top 5...let alone top 10...maybe top 100 is more realistic.

-Brown will be #1 if healthy. He's a top 30 back right now IMO in TD/yard leagues.

-White doesnt have the skill set for full time work, but may get the GL carries that Young doesnt vulture. White is Top 60.

-Henry injured his hamstring this week and wasnt going to be considered for a real work load anyway. He may be a factor in 2H '07 when those ahead of him get injured.

FWIW, the '08 starter is equally likely to come from this group as someone from the outside.

that situation is a FF wasteland. i for one, will not waste any picks on any of the Ten. RBs. a new guy will probably be starting each week.

Chow and Fischer love LenWhale and he'll be the starter, get about 65% to C. Brown's 35% of the plays but White will also get GL carries. I took him in the 8th.

With TEN's very underrated OL and a quickly rising star QB (as long as the Madden Curse doesn't strike), TEN is ripe to deliver a surprise starter-worthy RB.

Im confused ? Why would they love LenWhale ? The guy has underachieved so far and came into camp 20+ lbs overweight. That constitutes a lot of love ?

Are you trying to throw a double reverse before your draft in case anybody else in your league is viewing your posts ?

here's the latest concrete info i can find. to sum what it says: 1) it's a battle between brown and white right now and BOTH are doing well right now 2) henry won't be the guy this year unless an injury happens:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../708260395/1027

key excerpt from article: "Rookie Chris Henry, who started at New England, won't figure into the plan early unless White or Brown is injured. Fisher said he'd eventually like White or Brown to get most of the carries."

What about Chris Henry?

I don't think he was joking. I don't know how many remember the year he took over for Eddie George he was one of the top 2 fantasy backs over the first 5 weeks. He has the skills and speed to do it. He just has to stay on the field.

I don't think he was joking. I don't know how many remember the year he took over for Eddie George he was one of the top 2 fantasy backs over the first 5 weeks. He has the skills and speed to do it. He just has to stay on the field.

that may be true, but something telling for me was how long brown dangled out there in free agency this offseason with nary a serious sniff for months...even the titans "finally" re-signed him. and it wasn't about the money necessarily, because i don't think he was asking for the moon.

very telling.

white certainly has his checkered history so far (and a lot of stuff from last year to overcome in wooing the skeptics). but my gut feeling in reading the tea leaves is that the titans WANT him to assert himself and be the guy. will that happen? well, that's the million dollar question today.

Chris Brown could be a top 5 RB if he was the only person of normal height when the NFL switches to an all-Midget format...

It's the IF part that gets you though... :dunno:

Tiny McMidget would be #1 though. :thumbsup:

that may be true, but something telling for me was how long brown dangled out there in free agency this offseason with nary a serious sniff for months...even the titans "finally" re-signed him. and it wasn't about the money necessarily, because i don't think he was asking for the moon.

very telling.

white certainly has his checkered history so far (and a lot of stuff from last year to overcome in wooing the skeptics). but my gut feeling in reading the tea leaves is that the titans WANT him to assert himself and be the guy. will that happen? well, that's the million dollar question today.

I think his raw skill level had nothing to do with hesitance of signing. It was the severe inconsistency he has had about staying healthy and on the field the past 2 years.

If history repeats itself then I'm guessing Brown will open up getting the Liopn's share, will soon be injured and White will end up as the starter. If you have immediate depth at RB, I'd prolly grab White to stash for the stretch run or maybe even earlier in the season. He's their back of the future, supposedly... for now-- LOL. In a league where you only have 2 bench spots, for example, I'd probably stay away from the mess for now.

Im confused ? Why would they love LenWhale ? The guy has underachieved so far and came into camp 20+ lbs overweight. That constitutes a lot of love ?

Are you trying to throw a double reverse before your draft in case anybody else in your league is viewing your posts ?

I'm not sure why they're high on LenWhale and IMO Chris "Unbreakable" Brown is their best RB but I've read Fischer nuggets where he raves about LenWhale and he has also mentioned getting one of the RBs (???) "most of the carries".

With Brown so injury prone and Henry seeming to be a workout warrior type who may have been drafted too high and shouldn't get to much PT given his problems with blitz pickup, it looks like this job will go to LenWhale (even if by default).

Yes VY will steal GL carries and much of the yardarge but the TEN OL is good and I thought it was worth drafting LenWhale in the 8th as my RB4. Hope that works out for me.