Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Who is the next stud Wide Receiver?

Andre Johnson, may already qualify but I think with Schaub and a few extra weapons he goes to elite status, in PPR.

Cotchery and Berrian

Calvin Johnson is far more talented than Randy Moss upon entering the league.

HAHAHAHA, not even close

I disagree - it's close

Possible canidates with some of the big names getting long in the tooth (TO, Marv)

V. Jackson

B. Marshall

C. Johnson

Any others you are high on? :headbanger:

Brandon Marshall, Baby T.O.!! sit back and enjoy the show..

going out on a limb with this dark horse, i feel troy williamson could break top 25

Aren't they all dark horses after the top 15?

put a bid in for Demetrious Williams for me

If the rule is that you can't name someone that's already been discussed, I'll toss Mark Bradley out there. For the same reasons that Berrian was mentioned. Only Bradley can't seem to stay healthy.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Who is the next stud Wide Receiver?

my mom!

no, uh wait - your mom! uh...man I suck at this. :)

...of this list I like VJax. I think he's good for 8-10 TDs this year. 700-800 yds too, 65+ receptions. Solid WR2 numbers. Future stud. They'll be covering LT and Gates - VJ is going to have plenty of opportunity. I think he's more talented than McCardell was when he was with the Chargers and McCardell put up a 900/9 season.

Did you watch him in preseason? Defenses will key on Driver while, Jones will be left wide open. Jones has big play ability and I can't see just letting that go to waste. I'm hoping for a 2 touchdown day against the Eagles in week one.

This is known as the "Greg Jennings Theory"

It was a mediocre theory.

Last season these were Johnson's numbers: 76 catches, 1202 yards and 15 touchdowns in 14 college games with a couple quarterbacks including Reggie Ball who couldn't complete 50% of their passes. Moss had Chad Pennington in a complete offensive machine the season you quoted.

Just solid? Who is talking out of their ass?

Moss had 90 receptions, 1647 yards receiving and 25 TD's and was the only player the defense had to game plan for. Johnson had a pretty good RB named Choice teams had to account for as well as some nice complimentary WR's

...of this list I like VJax. I think he's good for 8-10 TDs this year. 700-800 yds too, 65+ receptions. Solid WR2 numbers. Future stud. They'll be covering LT and Gates - VJ is going to have plenty of opportunity. I think he's more talented than McCardell was when he was with the Chargers and McCardell put up a 900/9 season.

I agree. VJax looked unstoppable towards the end of last year, and he continued his progress into the preseason. I know it's just preseason, but 3 TDs in limited work, is good enough for me.

He made it on a number of my teams, I feel really good about that pick paying off. I'm pretty sure he will end up in the starting lineup, soon enough.

I'm not going to start him against Chicago, even though I want to, but I will keep an eye on him - I expect big things. The guy is a huge target, who can actually run. I think he is 6'5 230+ and can still run (4.49), no reason that he won't be a force.

1000 yds 10 - 12 TDs is very much within reach. The Chargers will score so many TDs - there is plenty enough to go around.

Calvin Johnson is a no brainer, unfortunately, I drafted 5th in my dynasty league rookie draft and took;

Anthony Gonzales

Nobody has mentioned him, heir apparent to Marvin and could put up Stokely-like #s in the slot in the meantime.

Mark Clayton looks poised to take the next step.

As for guys that could move into and stay in the top 25 for a few years to come.

Arnaz Battle

Brandon Marshall

Ernest Wilford(they have finally given up on starting Reggie Williams, with good reason).

Michael Jenkins

Roddy White(somebody has to have increased production for the Falcons now that they have a QB that will pass more than run).

I have to agree with those who said Branch. He's always been talented, but the Pats spread the ball around (except for in the playoffs, when Branch had some great games) too much for him to be featured. Darrell Jackson put up nice numbers in Seattle, and I believe Branch is more talented than Jackson. 1200 and 8-9 TD's is highly possible this season.

Why Ernest Wilford ?

I am not a Jags homer and don't see many Jags games.

Last year there was some buzz surrounding Wilford and I did watch a couple of Jags games. Wilford couldn't catch the ball.

It's nice that his work ethic is praised by the coaching staff.

It's even nicer that he may get more opportunities because the Jags WRs are such garbage.

But from what I saw last year (which is admittedly limited), he has stone hands, he makes the SEA WRs look like stick 'em Gods!

please, somebody with some Jags insight (Megla?) give us some input here.

To me, Wilford seems like a nice guy to root for but unfortunately, he doesn't have what it takes to be an elite NFL player.

Jacoby Jones will be a top 20 WR next year... his physical ability is crazy. he has been playin ball for only 5 years and was drafted in the 3rd round. He has the skill,smarts, and confidence i see him thriving in houston if matt schaub can do the damn thang :music_guitarred:

Patrick Crayton? It appears he at least gonna get his shot now since she is old and hurt.

CJ is talented but that quote is just talking out of your ass. Moss scored like 22 TD's his senior year in college whereas CJ's numbers were solid but not spectacular. The only thing that kept Moss from going after Manning was his off the field issues. Moss was a sure thing as long as he kept himself out of trouble.

It's a tip that playing for Marshall and going against crap teams week after week is just a little easier than playing on Georgia Tech and facing the likes of Miami/Virginia Tech/Florida State, etc. on a weekly basis.

It's a tip that playing for Marshall and going against crap teams week after week is just a little easier than playing on Georgia Tech and facing the likes of Miami/Virginia Tech/Florida State, etc. on a weekly basis.

CJ isn't just a physical specimen who is a workout warrior...Guy dominated the ACC. Reggie Ball was throwing him the rock, enough said.

How did you do? :angry:

I pimped Braylon Edwards and Jennings going into 2007. Waldman talked me into believing in Clayton as a 7th rounder. Who knows, maybe he'll break out this year....kind of hard in Baltimore's offense for a WR to put up huge numbers, though.

Vincent Jackson,

Mark Clayton,

and Jacoby Jones!

and yes all are currently on my roster. :)

S.Holmes

B.Marshall

D.Bowe

and yes all are on my current dynasty roster... ohh yeah I have SSmith as well :rolleyes:

Picked up Holmes (through trade) and Marshall both on draft day last year, and Bowe (plus Hasselbeck)through trade (for THolt... Holt has 1 more year at best with decent numbers, and Bowe's wont be far off during that time)

Ernest Wilford.

:lol:

As a Dolphin fan I hope you're right, but Ernest Wilford - the next stud WR? That's rich.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will not be Chris Henry.

B.Edwards within the next couple years. As long as Cleveland decides on a starting QB.

Braylon Edwards!!!

This is the correct answer.

I don't think Cotchery is all that special; maybe I am missing something?

Not sure, but I know it won't be Chris Henry :lol: