Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Is Randy Moss now to be considered a top 5 WR again ?

Granted 1 game does not a season build. But DAMN ! he looked like the old Moss and Brady seems to have lock on tunnel vision love for him ! Brady was throwing into double and on his TD catch triple coverage to get it to him ! Looks like many poeple who were saying " Brady spread it around too much " were a little off there. Right now there is only 2 WR's I would rather have than Moss - maybe 3. TO , Smith and maybe CJ I have Moss cemented in the top 5.

I can definitley see a 85 rec 1350 yard 14 TD season from Moss .

Seems like the only reason Brady never targeted a WR in the past is becasue he never had one ! ! Branch is proving to be a total waste of Paul Allen money !

Granted 1 game does not a season build. But DAMN ! he looked like the old Moss and Brady seems to have lock on tunnel vision love for him ! Brady was throwing into double and on his TD catch triple coverage to get it to him ! Looks like many poeple who were saying " Brady spread it around too much " were a little off there. Right now there is only 2 WR's I would rather have than Moss - maybe 3. TO , Smith and maybe CJ I have Moss cemented in the top 5.

I can definitley see a 85 rec 1350 yard 14 TD season from Moss .

Seems like the only reason Brady never targeted a WR in the past is becasue he never had one ! ! Branch is proving to be a total waste of Paul Allen money !

As a pats homer, and a guy who took Moss in all my big money leagues, I was most concerned about the confidence level of brady...

Sure he would hit Moss when he was open, but the exploitation of single coverage was great to watch. He would throw it even when Moss was covered, and let him make play on it.

Also agree, Brady had big time tunnel vision, locking onto him...

Welker was good, Stallworth a non factor...Pretty much what i had hoped and planned for.

As a pats homer, and a guy who took Moss in all my big money leagues, I was most concerned about the confidence level of brady...

Sure he would hit Moss when he was open, but the exploitation of single coverage was great to watch. He would throw it even when Moss was covered, and let him make play on it.

Welker was good, Stallworth a non factor...Pretty much what i had hoped and planned for.

On his TD he had 3 people on him !!! Looked like the Old randy to me.

IF he stays healthy -- he should have a monster season !

On his TD he had 3 people on him !!! Looked like the Old randy to me.

IF he stays healthy -- he should have a monster season !

Granted..... this is JUST week 1.... and there will be games where Moss will get 30 yds and no TDs (then some Moss hater will start several "I told you so" posts".

But.... this is Randy Moss we're talking about. His potential is greater than most WRs out there. And when you throw in a QB such as Tom Brady and a offensive genius such as Belicheck..... we're looking at a real positive upside. He will end up with 1200 yds, 10 TDs.... easily. Possibly 1500 yds 14 TDs.

This isn't Ronald Curry..... his potential is no where near the caliber as Moss. So.... all you Moss doubters that passed on him in the 5th round.... Too bad so sad.

First off is just one def secondary.

Second is the Jets

Third, what are the Pats known for? Spreading the offense

Fourth, what are the Pats known for/ Strategically messing with other teams defense by any means necessary.

The talking heads on various networks all said the same thing.

How few receptions the other receivers had.

Do you honestly think the Pats, known for spreading the ball, will not take advantage of this next game.

First off is just one def secondary.

Second is the Jets

Third, what are the Pats known for? Spreading the offense

Fourth, what are the Pats known for/ Strategically messing with other teams defense by any means necessary.

The talking heads on various networks all said the same thing.

How few receptions the other receivers had.

Do you honestly think the Pats, known for spreading the ball, will not take advantage of this next game.

They haven't had a legit WR since Troy Brown... go look at what he did in his prime. Look what Deion Branch did (and I didn't think he was an exceptional talent, but was far more talented than what we had. Look a David Givens..)

None of these guys had alot of talent.

If Moss can average 6 catches a game, he'll catch 85+ balls... Seems like it is reasonable to think there is a possibility for that to happen.

If Moss can stay healthy he will have a big year, but he hasn't been healthy for a full year since 2003. If I owned him that would be my biggest worry.

If Moss can stay healthy he will have a big year, but he hasn't been healthy for a full year since 2003. If I owned him that would be my biggest worry.

Big Bad Brandon Jacobs couldn't get through a quarter without getting hurt...

injuries are a reality for everyone.

For the people who keeps thinking the Pats historically are a "spread the ball around team", you guys tend to forget that Moss is not a possession receiver. He is the home-run receiver. He doesn't get 9 catches for 79 yards. If we gets 3 or 4 balls, it will be close to 100 yards and 1 TD. Most of his catches are 20+ yards.... so it doesnt' matter if he gets 4 catches in a game.... most of those catches will be for long yards and possibly a long TD.

For the people who keeps thinking the Pats historically are a "spread the ball around team", you guys tend to forget that Moss is not a possession receiver. He is the home-run receiver. He doesn't get 9 catches for 79 yards. If we gets 3 or 4 balls, it will be close to 100 yards and 1 TD. Most of his catches are 20+ yards.... so it doesnt' matter if he gets 4 catches in a game.... most of those catches will be for long yards and possibly a long TD.

If you looked at the formations. Moss Welker Stallworth seemed to be the core package, with Gaffney and Co. rotating as a 4th in 4-wide sets.

I was very high on Randy Moss about a month ago. Had him #6 on my board. The combination of past injuries, not playing in the preseason, age, being used as a decoy, Brady not locking in on receivers, and comments from folks on this board scared me away from him. If he stays healthy this year, that will be a big mistake on my part. Fortunately, a guy in my league "reached" him and my #1 WR was still on the board. Even so, looks like I was wrong about Moss.

This is a tough one. I really stayed away from Moss because of how the patriots spread the ball around. I mean how about the first game a couple of years ago where they didn't even have a running back for most of the first half. You just never know what you are going to get with the patriots from week to week (its like a box of chocolates). Randy just might have been the flavor of the week. I am sure the next team they play will use cover two or whatever and the Patriots run the ball and throw to the TE. :pointstosky:

This is a tough one. I really stayed away from Moss because of how the patriots spread the ball around. I mean how about the first game a couple of years ago where they didn't even have a running back for most of the first half. You just never know what you are going to get with the patriots from week to week (its like a box of chocolates). Randy just might have been the flavor of the week. I am sure the next team they play will use cover two or whatever and the Patriots run the ball and throw to the TE. :music_guitarred:

Ive got Moss and Maroney so if this happens Im happy either way. If Cameron would just retire in miami already then my life would be perfect.

Moss doesn't need 20 targets in a game to produce. You think he isn't going to get a few shots down field every game? He just needs to catch one to turn in a strong game.

Question on Moss health is dependent upon his used in tight coverage, and how many wind sprints they have him do during the game.

The wr corps ne has now should allow them the luxury to sit Moss for a quarter if need be. They don't need him to set up the rushing game.

Nor rely on him solely for down field pass blocking. I think over using him as a decoy is what eventually bores Moss and results in his melt downs.

I think this week versus SD will tell us a lot. Even if Moss does not come up HUGE, the rapport he has with Brady and his # of targets and confidence, etc. will tell us if Week 1 was a fluke or not.

I have him in both of my leagues so I am hoping for the best. Health is obviously a big, big key, too!

I drafted him in the 5th round in both leagues and if he stays healthy all season he could seriously be my difference maker for :first: and :doublethumbsup:

He's always been a top 5 wr in my book. He might not have the heart of Smith or TO, but he definently has the talent. When he's happy he'll produce top 5 numbers every week.

lets not go suckin eachothers d i c k s just yet.

some of these threads are hilarious. people are yardsalin their teams, pickin up antwan randle el, and talkin aboot not starting Addai vs. Tennessee. <_<

A one week performance does not a Top 5 wide receiver make. Randy Moss still has to prove he can stay on the field for an entire season and he did have the hamstring issue during preseason. He's looking great, but I'm still a bit careful about pronouncing his triumphant return to the FF elite. It's definitely a great story, and I hope he does well, but we have only seen him in one game as a Patriot.

nope, he wont be having games like that since his team wont be stealing defensive play calls.

agree..Pats=mediocrity

from here on out

Is Moss a trade high candidate right now? I am thinking about trading him for either CJ or Owens. Both owners would do it. I am undecided on whether to keep him or trade him for one of those two.

Is Moss a trade high candidate right now? I am thinking about trading him for either CJ or Owens. Both owners would do it. I am undecided on whether to keep him or trade him for one of those two.
Wow that is tough...I say you can't go wrong either way those 3 are basically the same tallent. All 3 have great QB's to get them the ball. Look at the schedule and go off of that.

In Chad Johnson, you know what you're getting (around 1,400 yards and close to double-digit TDs)

In Terrell Owens, it's less clear what you're getting (though he should roughly equal his totals from last year)

In Randy Moss, you know he had a great Week 1 performance (with the whole spying issue possibly tilting the stats in the Patriots favor).

If I were you, I'd consider what's most important in a FF player: Predictability (Ocho Cinco)? Volatility (Owens)? Or Possibility (Moss)?