Sign in to follow this  
HenryChinaski

Larry Johnson -- 2 weeks later.

So I'm sure everyone has been focused on the KC offense for the past couple of weeks. After last week, everyone pretty much flipped out, and rightfully so. He got limited carries, and even though he was able to get 4 YPC, he still fell short of expectations against the Texans.

This week was going to be deciding week. In my mind I didn't expect him to do much @ Chicago, but in my mind - that was a good thing. I knew that this strech of games at the beginning of the season was rough, and this was probably going to be the roughest. So I wanted to see how bad it could be. If it was real bad, then I really had a problem on my hands. The problem would have been if he and the team looked awful again - then his trade value dropped into the basement. But, if he had a respectable game - then we still have hope. But the catch 22 would be, if he had a decent game, would be that the trade offers would be very tempting. So I made up my mind - If I was able to make it out of this week 2-0, and LJ and KC looked decent - then I was going to keep him. If he didn't look good, and the team looked even worse - then I would have had to move him. I already had an offer in place for Willie Parker/Larry Fitz for Larry Johnson/Roy Williams. A drastic move, I know. But I was very nervous.

So here we are after the game, and I'm 2-0. Steve Smith, Derrick Ward, Roy Williams, Dallas Clark, and Tony Romo carried me to victory, so I felt pretty good about that. But as for Larry Johnson - I thought he did damn well for the situation. But even better than that - KC actually played Chicago pretty tough. KC actually was able to move the ball on occasion, and that gives me alot of hope. They are still a bad team, don't get me wrong, but they're not nearly as bad as the national media tried to make them out to be.

LJ Owners - Rejoice. The hard part is over. The next could weeks will be tough, but if you are 1-1 or 2-0 you are fine. More than fine, actually.

I know he hasn't put up and LJ type numbers. But he's shown me enough, and almost as important - the team has shown me enough, to know that they will be able to keep it close enough for him to be heavily involved. More good news is that even if they are losing - they are very committed to having him involved in the passing attack, which seems to be working well. We all know that he is a force in the open field, and getting him in open space is what it's all about.

So I feel better. What about you? How did you think he performed? How do you like his role in the offense?

Speak. Consult. Rant. Vent. Let's hear it.

So I'm sure everyone has been focused on the KC offense for the past couple of weeks. After last week, everyone pretty much flipped out, and rightfully so. He got limited carries, and even though he was able to get 4 YPC, he still fell short of expectations against the Texans.

This week was going to be deciding week. In my mind I didn't expect him to do much @ Chicago, but in my mind - that was a good thing. I knew that this strech of games at the beginning of the season was rough, and this was probably going to be the roughest. So I wanted to see how bad it could be. If it was real bad, then I really had a problem on my hands. The problem would have been if he and the team looked awful again - then his trade value dropped into the basement. But, if he had a respectable game - then we still have hope. But the catch 22 would be, if he had a decent game, would be that the trade offers would be very tempting. So I made up my mind - If I was able to make it out of this week 2-0, and LJ and KC looked decent - then I was going to keep him. If he didn't look good, and the team looked even worse - then I would have had to move him. I already had an offer in place for Willie Parker/Larry Fitz for Larry Johnson/Roy Williams. A drastic move, I know. But I was very nervous.

So here we are after the game, and I'm 2-0. Steve Smith, Derrick Ward, Roy Williams, Dallas Clark, and Tony Romo carried me to victory, so I felt pretty good about that. But as for Larry Johnson - I thought he did damn well for the situation. But even better than that - KC actually played Chicago pretty tough. KC actually was able to move the ball on occasion, and that gives me alot of hope. They are still a bad team, don't get me wrong, but they're not nearly as bad as the national media tried to make them out to be.

LJ Owners - Rejoice. The hard part is over. The next could weeks will be tough, but if you are 1-1 or 2-0 you are fine. More than fine, actually.

I know he hasn't put up and LJ type numbers. But he's shown me enough, and almost as important - the team has shown me enough, to know that they will be able to keep it close enough for him to be heavily involved. More good news is that even if they are losing - they are very committed to having him involved in the passing attack, which seems to be working well. We all know that he is a force in the open field, and getting him in open space is what it's all about.

So I feel better. What about you? How did you think he performed? How do you like his role in the offense?

Speak. Consult. Rant. Vent. Let's hear it.

I own LJ in one of my five leagues and I am officially worried now. :pointstosky:

I own LJ in one of my five leagues and I am officially worried now. :cry:

Why?

He played against the best defense in the NFL - and he looked pretty good.

The schedule will only get easier.

Well he looked better than Tomlinson did against Chicago but then again that's not saying much right now.

Well he looked better than Tomlinson did against Chicago but then again that's not saying much right now.

Right.. But think about that. That's a good thing.

Obviously LT hasn't had the best start... But Chicago smothered him. He didn't have a chance... But LJ actually made something out of nothing. He squirted through holes when they weren't there.. He took what he could - and then some.

I'm encouraged. I'm not saying that he will outpoint Addai or Gore.. But he could get up there.

OK owners - So what would you trade him for? What RB is he worth to you?

Would you trade him sraight up for Travis Henry? Willie Parker? Shaun Alexander?

Let's get some ideas.

Right.. But think about that. That's a good thing.

Obviously LT hasn't had the best start... But Chicago smothered him. He didn't have a chance... But LJ actually made something out of nothing. He squirted through holes when they weren't there.. He took what he could - and then some.

I'm encouraged. I'm not saying that he will outpoint Addai or Gore.. But he could get up there.

OK owners - So what would you trade him for? What RB is he worth to you?

Would you trade him sraight up for Travis Henry? Willie Parker? Shaun Alexander?

Let's get some ideas.

I'm an LJ owner and I think the only one of those backs that I could get for LJ in my league at this point in time is Henry. Even that might be a reach...

I'm an LJ owner and I think the only one of those backs that I could get for LJ in my league at this point in time is Henry. Even that might be a reach...

Yeah - I got turned down last week by the Travis Henry owner.

Would you do it if someone offered you Willie Parker?

The hard part is over

Yeah, right. Next week he faces Minnesota, arguably the best run defense in the NFL, and then after that? Oops, San Diego. In any event, besides a tough schedule ahead, what's with the apparent leg injury that kept Johnson out for most of the 4th quarter against the Bears? That's not good news either. In short, you're dreaming if you think it's getting any easier for Johnson. Considering where he was drafted, and how he's being outperformed by late-round steals (i.e. Lamont Jordan) he's a total bust so far...there is no evidence of that changing any time soon.

Yeah, right. Next week he faces Minnesota, arguably the best run defense in the NFL, and then after that? Oops, San Diego. In any event, besides a tough schedule ahead, what's with the apparent leg injury that kept Johnson out for most of the 4th quarter against the Bears? That's not good news either. In short, you're dreaming if you think it's getting any easier for Johnson. Considering where he was drafted, and how he's being outperformed by late-round steals (i.e. Lamont Jordan) he's a total bust so far...there is no evidence of that changing any time soon.

A 2 week bust? LJ owners knew (should have) about the tough schedule in the first few weeks.

Call me an optimist - but I see light at the end of the tunnel.

My guess is that you don't own him, and you're just going to use this platform to brag, in between the lines, that you were smart enough not to pick him... Just a guess, of course.

Obviously - alot of people didn't want to pick him. I drew the 5 slot, Gore and Addai were gone. So I went with LJ's upside.

Everyone wants to say how this year his situation is so much worse? Why? People like to say that the O-Line is so much worse, but it's not. They lost their Hall of Fame guard, but they upgraded @ both tackle positions. I call that a positive. People will also say that their passing game is horrible. Well, it's as bad as it was last year.. Except that they added Dwayne Bowe - who is already making plays.

So what is it, that's different than last years 2000+ yard season? I want to know.

Basically, if you are an LJ owner, you HAVE to ride out the storm here the first 5 weeks and hope he returns to stud form when he is facing some easier defenses. Right now, you would be selling him at 80 cents to the dollar and probably regret it later on. Unless you think he is a total year-long bust, hang on to him for the time being.

Basically, if you are an LJ owner, you HAVE to ride out the storm here the first 5 weeks and hope he returns to stud form when he is facing some easier defenses. Right now, you would be selling him at 80 cents to the dollar and probably regret it later on. Unless you think he is a total year-long bust, hang on to him for the time being.

Right, I agree. That's what I was saying in the original post. I think it all depends on what you're record is right now - whether or not you are able to wait it out.

Because if you're 0-2 - I don't think you have time to wait. But if think that you're team is solid enough, then I would suggest holding on to him.

Like I said, the more I see of him, the more I think he'll be OK. The O-Line isn't as bad as people seem to think, especially in comparison to last year. Also, he ran through some very tough defense's last year, which people seem to forget about.

I honestly think that thngs have been blown out of proportion. This team isn't much different than the team that was on the field last year.. It's really not.

I have good enough receivers to possibly bail me out with him until he gets rolling but its definitely not a sure thing. I think I am going to sweat it out rather than trade him.

Right, I agree. That's what I was saying in the original post. I think it all depends on what you're record is right now - whether or not you are able to wait it out.

Because if you're 0-2 - I don't think you have time to wait. But if think that you're team is solid enough, then I would suggest holding on to him.

Like I said, the more I see of him, the more I think he'll be OK. The O-Line isn't as bad as people seem to think, especially in comparison to last year. Also, he ran through some very tough defense's last year, which people seem to forget about.

I honestly think that thngs have been blown out of proportion. This team isn't much different than the team that was on the field last year.. It's really not.

I think you are being overly optimistic. With the 5th pick in the draft one would expect the RB to have at least 100 yds after two games. In the third week, facing Min., he will likely not even have 200 yds rushing after 3 games. That is a bad sign, just like it is a bad sign for LT so far.

So what is it, that's different than last years 2000+ yard season?

-Rushing-

2006: 416 carries, 1789 yards, 17 touchdowns

2007: 208 carries, 784 yards, 0 touchdowns (at the current pace)

-Receiving-

2006: 41 receptions, 410 yards, 2 touchdowns

2007: 80 receptions, 608 yards, 0 touchdowns (at the current pace)

-Combined Totals-

2006: 457 touches, 2199 yards, 19 touchdowns

2007: 288 touches, 1392 yards, 0 touchdowns (at the current pace)

You wanted to know what some of us thought of Larry Johnson, two weeks in to the season. Those stats above should paint you a picture. At this rate he's good for 1,400 combined yards and touchdowns are nowhere in sight. With some very tough matchups yet to come, those projected averages based on only the first two weeks might even be too generous; the 2007 stats would be serviceable, but they're terrible considering where Larry Johnson was drafted. There are many late-round backs who can post similar numbers, if not better, and they cost far less on draft day.

Now, one might say it was a tough matchup this week against Chicago, but last year against Baltimore he lit up the Ravens for 120 yards rushing. When he faced the Chargers last season, an equally tough defense against the run, he averaged over 100 yards and a touchdown in each contest against them. The fact that a Larry Johnson owner now has to consider matchups is evidence of the fact things are vastly different this season (and not in a positive way).

-Rushing-

2006: 416 carries, 1789 yards, 17 touchdowns

2007: 208 carries, 784 yards, 0 touchdowns (at the current pace)

-Receiving-

2006: 41 receptions, 410 yards, 2 touchdowns

2007: 80 receptions, 608 yards, 0 touchdowns (at the current pace)

-Combined Totals-

2006: 457 touches, 2199 yards, 19 touchdowns

2007: 288 touches, 1392 yards, 0 touchdowns (at the current pace)

You wanted to know what some of us thought of Larry Johnson, two weeks in to the season. Those stats above should paint you a picture. At this rate he's good for 1,400 combined yards and touchdowns are nowhere in sight. With some very tough matchups yet to come, those projected averages based on only the first two weeks might even be too generous; the 2007 stats would be serviceable, but they're terrible considering where Larry Johnson was drafted. There are many late-round backs who can post similar numbers, if not better, and they cost far less on draft day.

Now, one might say it was a tough matchup this week against Chicago, but last year against Baltimore he lit up the Ravens for 120 yards rushing. When he faced the Chargers last season, an equally tough defense against the run, he averaged over 100 yards and a touchdown in each contest against them. The fact that a Larry Johnson owner now has to consider matchups is evidence of the fact things are vastly different this season (and not in a positive way).

Do you think I don't know what his stats are?

Obviously I do.

This thread wasn't for you to attempt to rub it in people's face with how horrible Larry Johnson is.

He's played 2 games. 2 games after he held out the entire training camp. Obviously the coaching staff has taken it easy on him - to try to ease him into game shape.

You projecting his first 2 games - doesn't mean anything.

You know how many TDs Steve SMith is projected to get after the 1st 2 games? 24 TDs

What about LT? Project his stats based on 2 games - I guess he is a bust too.

Reggie Bush? Bust.

Laurence Maroney? Bust

Steven Jackson? Bust

So by your logic - they all suck. Right?

LIke I said, this is not what this thread is about. I'm asking LJ OWNERS to discuss what they are going to do. No one asked you to show us how to use a calculator.

Herm Edwards before the season said something to the effect of he was going to ease Johnson back into things and that after 4 weeks he would expect Johnson to be ready to tell him to give him the ball more. Funny he said 4 weeks considering that would be right after playing a murderers row of Chicago, Minnesota and San Diego run defenses. I don't think you can really judge him until how he fares after that. Maybe by then it starts to get too late but everyone in redrafts saw the schedule beforehand and knew the guy was coming in off a layoff so if you complain about that, you deserve losing.

I own LJ in one of my five leagues and I am officially worried now. :doublethumbsup:

What did those run you?

I am with you on this. I think LJ is going to be a top 10 RB (my league is PPR), which is disappointing but not a bust. He's a stud RB on a crappy team, not sime over-hyped bum. I seem to recall there was a guy named Sanders who put up decent fantasy numbers for a lousy team some years ago. That's what you've got here.

Hard part is over?

Minnesota's run defense is probably better than Chicago's. And don't let Jacksonville's week 1 vs. Ten fool you, they are a stout group as well.

But you know what really bothered me yesterday when I watched the game. It really looked like LJ just didn't care and wasn't running hard at all. I flipped to the game and in the VERY FIRST DRIVE Bennett was in. I was like WTF, I know you want to keep him fresh, but the damn game just started. Then towards the end he took himself out and got his leg wrapped up when there was nothing wrong. Then the Chiefs just took him out with 5 minutes left and gave up.

I'm going to do everything I can to trade his ass this week. He will be awful and if he continues to run the way he is he WILL get hurt. And I hate to say it, but that seems like what he wants now that he got paid. And just wait until Croyle comes in to start (which will be very soon), there will be 10 in the box!

Think about it, as bad as the Chiefs are... 1 TD in the first 2 games, how many TDs could LJ possibly get this year? I'd say he'll be lucky to get 6-8. If he reaches 10 it would be a MIRACLE!

Hard part is over?

Minnesota's run defense is probably better than Chicago's. And don't let Jacksonville's week 1 vs. Ten fool you, they are a stout group as well.

But you know what really bothered me yesterday when I watched the game. It really looked like LJ just didn't care and wasn't running hard at all. I flipped to the game and in the VERY FIRST DRIVE Bennett was in. I was like WTF, I know you want to keep him fresh, but the damn game just started. Then towards the end he took himself out and got his leg wrapped up when there was nothing wrong. Then the Chiefs just took him out with 5 minutes left and gave up.

I'm going to do everything I can to trade his ass this week. He will be awful and if he continues to run the way he is he WILL get hurt. And I hate to say it, but that seems like what he wants now that he got paid. And just wait until Croyle comes in to start (which will be very soon), there will be 10 in the box!

Think about it, as bad as the Chiefs are... 1 TD in the first 2 games, how many TDs could LJ possibly get this year? I'd say he'll be lucky to get 6-8. If he reaches 10 it would be a MIRACLE!

Can we delete this tread......Gosh darnet do hicky i'm trying to get LJ or LT dirt cheap,,,,,,,,,,,, :pointstosky:

man i sure hope he turns it around, i jumped all over him when a frustrated owner just put him on the block. gave up reggie wayne...

i am a jacobs and norwood owner so was desperate at rb, and also managed to draft r moss, so feel i have a wr1 still.

All i have to say is.... ha haha ha AHHHHH ahahahahahahaha!!!!

To all of those talkin shittt to those of us for passing up LJ for the 3rd overall pick! Looks like my pickup of Gore was phenominal, so far the first 2 weeks have done nothing but backup everyone of my predictions and reasoning for staying away from this guy in '07. Sorry to those of you that ignored the signs or if he fell to you too late to pass up. Good luck to you all and I'm damn happy I don't have this bust on my roster. (I do however have Clayton tho and that douche is killing me)

He looked frustrated in the Bears game, when he was getting carries there were rarely any holes and you could see him mouthing off to his o-line. On a couple plays Huard threw a swing pass to LJ out of the backfield only to have it end up at his feet. You could see the frustration in his body language when you watch that game. The KC offense does have a lot of the peices that they did in 06', but they simply just aren't meshing and jelling as a unit. Teams will dare Huard/Croyle to air it out to a rookie WR and a TE with real health problems, expect much of the same from LJ until Bowe/Gonzalez and Huard/Croyle can get something done through the air.

There is no doubt that he doesn't keep up with those lack of production, but right now it looks like he is on the way for barely reaching 1000 yards rushing and 500 receiving yards with little room to get any TD's, if you drafted him in the top 5 expect him to end up around the 10th-15th best back by the end of the year.

1400 Total combined yards, 8 TD.

Due to some quirks in my team and perhaps some great FF defense, I am still 2-0 with this guy. I ran into a similar issue last year with Shaun Alexander and I rode it out.

If you are 2-0, I would say wait to see what happens over the next couple of weeks. If you are 1-1, you might want to put some feelers out there. If you are 0-2, then you probably have to look to shake things up anyway.

Not an LJ owner...but I am waiting in the wings for the LJ owner to get antsy during this tough part of the schedule :banana:

I just offered McGahee to an LJ owner. Hopefully he'll panic and take it.

IClight

Hard part is over?

How many more assumptions could you possibly make?

He got his leg wrapped but there was nothing wrong? What? How do you know? Were you the trainer on the sidelines?

He will get hurt if he keeps running the way he's running? What? And what way is that? You think you can just say some BS like that - and no one call you on it?

I'm tired of people on this site throwing out all kinds on assumptions - and no one saying anything about it. People think they can just post whatever they want, not have to make anysense, and no one says a word?

Come on.. "Texans Fan" obviously knows nothing of football. You are making claims to which you would have no possible way of knowing, but you say it as if there was no possible way you were wrong.

GARBAGE.

I try to have a nice disussion, with rational minded LJ owners - and I get this BS.

Maybe he just doesn't know what talent is? He is "TexansFan" after all...

I try to have a nice disussion, with rational minded LJ owners - and I get this BS.

Henry, I see your point and I am agreeing with you, but every owner who has posted a rebuttal to your statements is getting a rash of crap from you. You're not trying to have a "nice" discussion, you are being defensive and argumentative to people who disagree with your viewpoint, which prevents any productivity out of this thread.

Henry, I see your point and I am agreeing with you, but every owner who has posted a rebuttal to your statements is getting a rash of crap from you. You're not trying to have a "nice" discussion, you are being defensive and argumentative to people who disagree with your viewpoint, which prevents any productivity out of this thread.

I'm not being like that with most of the people.

It's just a couple of the people are trying to post for the wrong reasons.

Some just want to say how much smarter they were for not picking him..

Others just want to say that he sucks... But won't elaborate - or add any substance to the subject.

I understand what you're saying, and I probably am being a bit sensitive... But it just seems like anytime I try to put thought into a thread - it turns into a bunch of people on attack mode.

I was just trying to prevent that. I get so frustrated when people post things that are completely wrong, but they say them as if they are 100% fact - when they obviously are not.

But yeh, you're right.. I'll try to ease up a bit.

do you think I don't know what his stats are? Obviously I do

If you're high on Larry Johnson at this stage in the season I can't imagine what you know :dunno:

you projecting his first 2 games - doesn't mean anything

I'm simply judging him based on what we know so far, as per your request :rolleyes:

I'm asking LJ OWNERS to discuss what they are going to do

You did not make a request to hear only from L.J. owners any where in your title, nor in the body of your first post :nono:

-

It's not unusual for Bukowski fans to imagine words that aren't there...they must, if they're going to enjoy reading his drivel :lol:

Do you think I don't know what his stats are?

Obviously I do.

This thread wasn't for you to attempt to rub it in people's face with how horrible Larry Johnson is.

He's played 2 games. 2 games after he held out the entire training camp. Obviously the coaching staff has taken it easy on him - to try to ease him into game shape.

You projecting his first 2 games - doesn't mean anything.

You know how many TDs Steve SMith is projected to get after the 1st 2 games? 24 TDs

What about LT? Project his stats based on 2 games - I guess he is a bust too.

Reggie Bush? Bust.

Laurence Maroney? Bust

Steven Jackson? Bust

So by your logic - they all suck. Right?

LIke I said, this is not what this thread is about. I'm asking LJ OWNERS to discuss what they are going to do. No one asked you to show us how to use a calculator.

Wound up a little tight there dude? You asked for rants, opionions and such.

Too much pride to admit you may have blown your first round draft choice?

Might have to get over yourself here soon.

If you're high on Larry Johnson at this stage in the season I can't imagine what you know :dunno:

I'm simply judging him based on what we know so far, as per your request :rolleyes:

You did not make a request to hear only from L.J. owners any where in your title, nor in the body of your first post :nono:

-

It's not unusual for Bukowski fans to imagine words that aren't there...they must, if they're going to enjoy reading his drivel :lol:

OK OK.. My bad.

I tend to overreact, I know.

I'm trying not to. I'm just frustrated over the whole thing. I knew that I didn't want him going into the draft. I ended up getting the 5 slot - which I was happy about thinking that he would be gone.

Of course I was wrong, as Addai/Gore went 3rd and 4th. SO I had a very tough decision to make, I picked him even though I didn't want him. And now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with him.

I have an offer on the table for Willie Parker... I want to do it, but I don't want to miss out on LJ gong off, either.

So anyway, sorry about being a D!ck.

Seeing how LT2, SJax, MJD, Bush, and Maroney are doing, if you consider LJ a bust now, you better consider 50% of the first round RBs a bust. I'll give LJ 2 or 3 more weeks to prove himself

I'm just frustrated over the whole thing. I knew that I didn't want him going into the draft. I ended up getting the 5 slot - which I was happy about thinking that he would be gone.

Of course I was wrong, as Addai/Gore went 3rd and 4th. SO I had a very tough decision to make, I picked him even though I didn't want him. And now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with him.

I have an offer on the table for Willie Parker... I want to do it, but I don't want to miss out on LJ gong off, either

You're not alone in what you're feeling, and I sympathize...I mean, if those other backs are off the board and you've got Larry Johnson staring you in the face - how do you not pick him? I would have done the same thing in your shoes, and I don't envy you for being stuck to play such a forced hand. It's a tough spot, one not made any easier by his less-than-stellar first two weeks.

So, here you are, having picked him 5th overall and he's being outperformed by a laundry list of lesser names. An owner in your league thinks he has upside, and is dangling Willie Parker to get him, but what to do...what to think. I must say that I'm surprised that someone is offering a back of Willie Parker's caliber, at this stage in the season. I would have suspected your offers to be much lower.

The risk I see to holding on to Johnson, "riding it out", is that he does have a brutal two weeks ahead (versus the Vikings and Chargers), and even beyond that he faces the Jaguars in Week 5 (and they're nowhere near as bad as Chris Brown's Week 1 stats would have you believe). The perceived value of Larry Johnson could likely drop even further than where it is now.

Be all this as it may, the biggest issue for you now - as an L.J. owner - is to find out why he left the game on Sunday. One of the concerns with Johnson this season was his conditioning, given his lengthy holdout in the offseason. A player is more prone to injury when they miss significant time and then try to ramp up to full speed too soon (and his record workload from last year doesn't offer any comfort in this regard).

Is it possible the owner of Willie Parker might be willing to sweeten the deal? *laughs* ...I'd like to keep this as an evaluation of Johnson thread, especially on this forum, but I was curious if you knew.

In the end it does not matter what his overall production is. As long as you can hold ground or better in the standings, there is a good chance from what I have seen, that he will be a force down the stretch in the running/passing game. Basically, if you can make the playoffs after suffering through the first five to six weeks then you have a great chance.

I am 0-2 and still not selling LJ. I figure who cares if I make the playoffs if my team isn't good enough to win it all and having LJ gives me the best chance to win come money time.

Be all this as it may, the biggest issue for you now - as an L.J. owner - is to find out why he left the game on Sunday. One of the concerns with Johnson this season was his conditioning, given his lengthy holdout in the offseason. A player is more prone to injury when they miss significant time and then try to ramp up to full speed too soon (and his record workload from last year doesn't offer any comfort in this regard).

Is it possible the owner of Willie Parker might be willing to sweeten the deal? *laughs* ...I'd like to keep this as an evaluation of Johnson thread, especially on this forum, but I was curious if you knew.

I subscribe to Footballinjuries.com. They are very, very valuable to me as the season progresses. They seem to be about as thorough about injury related news, as one can be without working for the team.

They do a Post-Game Injury report for all teams after Sunday, and they have nothing to report about Larry Johnosn's wrap. They say that no injuries where reported after the game, either in the post game interviwew, or otherwise.

Thanks for your help though, it's appreciated.

I'm very much considering the Willie Parker deal. You see if LarryJohnson was playing the way he should be, I would probably be the odds on favorite to win the league. SO that's where it gets tricky. It's not like I'm just trying to sneak into the playoffs - I'm trying to win it. I have depth in which I will be able to trade - to upgrade at a position.

The trade that was spoken of was Larry Johnson/Vincent Jackson (or Kevin Curtis) for Willie Parker/Larry Fitzgerald.

I also have Steve Smith and Roy Williams @ WR, so I then would be able to trade off either RoyW. or Fitz to possibly then upgrade Willie Parker. It's exciting because I have the ammo to do it.

It's just also worrisome because of the upside of Larry Johnson. It's a very tough call.

By tomorrow, I should know for sure if there was anything going on with the wrap on his leg. If there isn't... ??? I'm leaning towards doing it.

I ran into a similar issue last year with Shaun Alexander and I rode it out.

Stowing S.A. on your bench until he came back from injury is a much easier decision. If he'd gone through a 3- or 4-game stretch of 40yd/0td games, in your lineup, you'd probably have thought differently about riding it out.

To the LJ owner(s), I would at least hold onto him until the bye (10/28?). He plays Cincy and Oakland leading up to that, and both look tasty right now. With those two, and maybe a better-than-expected game at Jax, his value will be a lot higher than it is now.

The trade that was spoken of was Larry Johnson/Vincent Jackson (or Kevin Curtis) for Willie Parker/Larry Fitzgerald

Very interesting. I would consider that a nice upgrade at WR. I really like Fitzgerald this season and I'm not impressed with Vincent Jackson as anything more than a BYE week fill-in. I drafted Jackson, he was a cheap pick with sleeper potential, but I don't like what I see from San Diego now with Norv Turner at the helm. That team is on the verge of sinking...they look distraught and clueless in their games.

As I said before, I don't envy the position you're in. You never want to be "the guy" who trades away a stud player and regrets it later as a big mistake, but how long can you wait, should you wait, before determining that it's not going to get any better? The first five or six games are probably going to return the same results for Larry Johnson, and that's nearly half a FF season (assuming your league shaves of the last week or two for the FF playoffs). That's a long time to wait on a stud, no matter who he is.

If you can keep winning with Johnson as-is, there may not be that pressure on you to move him. Parker isn't an insult, especially including Fitzgerald in the package, but it just comes down to whether you have the stones to look in the mirror and say "I traded Larry Johnson...and I was sober when I did it".

:lol:

Forget the schedule excuses, anyone looking for LJ to excel in the first few weeks doesn't know LJ. If you trade him now you will be kicking yourself later. I'm already crafting some emails to the guys in my leagues that have him, making an offer they can't (I hope) refuse.

:pointstosky:

In my Dynasty league... about 4 months ago... I traded LJ, Grossman, and Stallworth... For AD Peterson, M. Colston, and M. Leinart... My arch enemy laughed at me saying I was "giving" LJ away, and what a fool I was...

I haven't regretted that trade for one minute, and while LJ was a beast, I had to make that deal, for now and the future... MB

ps. Sorry fellas but I saw this mess in KC happening a long time ago... They should have dealt him to the packers on draft day, it would have ben a win-win for everybody... I hope it gets better for him in KC, I really do, but I'm worried at this point... Bring on Croyle.... And Herm Edwards, I think he's a good guy, but as much pressure as the Jets coach has, KC is prolly even worse of a pressure cooker... The Chiefs are all that town has...