Sign in to follow this  
ghost168

***Official Week 3 College Football Wagering Thread***

Even at 24.5 point favorites I like WV over East Carolina.

With 2 Heismann hopefuls and dropping a position after winning against Marshall, WV is eager to run up the scores.

I kind of like Penn State -3 as well. That Notre Dame/Mich game might be a mirage because Notre Dame is so bad. Plus, hasn't Penn State lost to Michigan the past 2 or 3 years. They might be looking for some revenge.

Also, be careful with Tex A&M +2 1/2. They struggled at home against a somewhat average Fresno State team. Miami has talented players. Miami as a home dog might have some juice here.

I am playing my Military game of the year this weekend!.....

I am 5-1-1 in the last seven including last years

Some might look at this as a letdown game for Air Force. But with the big points and the confidence especially defensively and a senior QB they will be able to keep this game to a FG deciding it either way.

They are getting 11 and that is a line that is way off.

Play Air Force in this one.

Oklahoma –20.5 @ Tulsa - Friday night on national TV…Oklahoma’s “statement game”???

@ UCLA –5.5 Washington – UCLA should rebound at home.

Georgia Tech –3 @ Virginia – Have no idea how this is under a TD

@ Cinci –22 Marshall – Home, Brian Kelly, Lines still haven’t caught up to how good Cinci/Kelly is.

New Mexico State +17 @ Auburn – Can Auburn even score 17 points?

Iowa +7 @ Wisconsin – Ferenze is a good coach and will use the Iowa State loss to his advantage. Wisconsin

struggled against UNLV and The Citadel. Over-rated???

Purdue –14 @ Minnesota – Minnesota is very, very bad and I think Purdue is under-rated.

@ Stanford +16 ½ Oregon – Home dog, Harbaugh decent coach, Oregon due for let down.

Northwestern +22 @ Ohio State – Little let down for OSU after going to Washington.

Penn State – 2 ½ @ Michigan – Notre Dame very bad. Michigan just bad. Penn State good.

Oklahoma –20.5 @ Tulsa - Friday night on national TV…Oklahoma’s “statement game”???

@ Cinci –22 Marshall – Home, Brian Kelly, Lines still haven’t caught up to how good Cinci/Kelly is.

Iowa +7 @ Wisconsin – Ferenze is a good coach and will use the Iowa State loss to his advantage. Wisconsin

Purdue –14 @ Minnesota – Minnesota is very, very bad and I think Purdue is under-rated.

@ Stanford +16 ½ Oregon – Home dog, Harbaugh decent coach, Oregon due for let down.

Northwestern +22 @ Ohio State – Little let down for OSU after going to Washington.

Penn State – 2 ½ @ Michigan – Notre Dame very bad. Michigan just bad. Penn State good.

Love the NMSU line as well. Hal Mumme's offense can put up some points. I think Washington will beat UCLA outright.

If you are planning on taking iowa...heres what i want you to do.

Take that money...roll it into a ball and cram it up your azz. Because the pain you feel from your wads of 5's is nothing compared to wasting it on Iowa this week.

Iowa is atrocious.....offense is bad, defense isnt much better.

People give Ferentz too much credit.

I'm a contrarian as far as betting but there is no way I'm touching Nwestern getting 22 after losing to Duke

If you are planning on taking iowa...heres what i want you to do.

Take that money...roll it into a ball and cram it up your azz. Because the pain you feel from your wads of 5's is nothing compared to wasting it on Iowa this week.

Iowa is atrocious.....offense is bad, defense isnt much better.

People give Ferentz too much credit.

I understand what you are saying. I just think Iowa State has Iowa's number. Plain and simple, so I don't look too much into Iowa as a team based solely on that one game. What about Wisconsin has made anyone think they are good? Just curious? Who have they beat in the last year and a half? Arkansas when that boad had already started to sink. No one else. Struggled against UNLV, which I could've chalked up to traveling out west and a one-time letdown. Explain how they struggled with The Citadel. I see a trend.

where's Philly? I can't believe that that little ###### greyhound and his ridiculous comments last week would keep him away? I need the insight, I need the anger!

(I can't believe they ####### out d o u ch e b a g!)

where's Philly? I can't believe that that little ###### greyhound and his ridiculous comments last week would keep him away? I need the insight, I need the anger!

(I can't believe they ####### out d o u ch e b a g!)

is phillybear really gone?

i was away most of the weekend and didnt get to see much of the posts...

i thought greyhound was the one who said it will be his last post here?

i really, REALLY like UCF -7 vs memphis... although it's one of those games that 'seems to good to be true'... so i'm skeptical

is phillybear really gone?

i was away most of the weekend and didnt get to see much of the posts...

i thought greyhound was the one who said it will be his last post here?

pb is still here....most of them show up on Thursdays.

Initial plays I like for this weekend....

Was +6

Florida -21

C.Florida -7

UNC +14

NMSU +17

LSU -15.5

Wisconsin -8

ASU +12

KU -31

Troy -10

hrm.. is it just me or does it feel weird to post on this week's college thread since the title just doesn't sound right. :doh:

i guess if we sticking to this thread, i'll post tomorrows analysis and pick by tomorrow noon.

Yer Mom: Anything you like for Thursday? I'm sitting out all of Saturday this week.

I really dont like anything but im a degenerate, so I will surely be betting.

Thursdays play:

DAM WEATHER!!!!! :mad:

Already tired of the weeknight games weather playing a role in what play to make. Looks like scattered thunderstorms tomorrow so we'll have to wait and see.

Miami's D is suffering some injuries and struggles against the triple option. Texas A&Ms O-Line should provide plenty of opportunity for the A&M backfield to move the ball downfield with the triple option attack. The Aggies can flat out score, they are 20 for 20 in the red zone this season leading the nation. If it looks like its going to end up raining alot tomorrow, A&M will be the play.

If no dramatic weather conditions, Miami finally got a resemblence of an offense last week. With Kyle Wrights player of the week type performance, putting up an eye popping :P 10 completions against a BRUTAL FIU defense was just downright impressive :music_guitarred: Seriously though, most of those completions were for big downfield plays, one of them for an 80 yard TD. I personally dont see a dramatic difference between Miami and Fresno State at this point, except Miami's athletes are a bit better. Fresno State scored a boatload at A&M, and now they are on the road. Miami should be able to roll last weeks "got the ball rolling" performance into tomorrow and score some points vs the Aggies. A&M gave up 210 yards of offense in the first half to friggin Louisiana Monroe last week, im thinking Miami can certainly do the same. So the total at 46.5 sounds about right to me for a nice friendly over.

Taking A&M (+3) with rain, OVER 46.5 with little to no rain.

Good Luck!!

I really dont like anything but im a degenerate, so I will surely be betting.

Thursdays play:

DAM WEATHER!!!!! :mad:

Already tired of the weeknight games weather playing a role in what play to make. Looks like scattered thunderstorms tomorrow so we'll have to wait and see.

Miami's D is suffering some injuries and struggles against the triple option. Texas A&Ms O-Line should provide plenty of opportunity for the A&M backfield to move the ball downfield with the triple option attack. The Aggies can flat out score, they are 20 for 20 in the red zone this season leading the nation. If it looks like its going to end up raining alot tomorrow, A&M will be the play.

If no dramatic weather conditions, Miami finally got a resemblence of an offense last week. With Kyle Wrights player of the week type performance, putting up an eye popping :mad: 10 completions against a BRUTAL FIU defense was just downright impressive :P Seriously though, most of those completions were for big downfield plays, one of them for an 80 yard TD. I personally dont see a dramatic difference between Miami and Fresno State at this point, except Miami's athletes are a bit better. Fresno State scored a boatload at A&M, and now they are on the road. Miami should be able to roll last weeks "got the ball rolling" performance into tomorrow and score some points vs the Aggies. A&M gave up 210 yards of offense in the first half to friggin Louisiana Monroe last week, im thinking Miami can certainly do the same. So the total at 46.5 sounds about right to me for a nice friendly over.

Taking A&M (+3) with rain, OVER 46.5 with little to no rain.

Good Luck!!

Works for me. Locked in at Over 46 for 2 units.

Good luck to all! :music_guitarred:

Sidenote: An easy fast this weekend to my Jewish gambling brothers (although I think I'm the only one that will be fasting in these parts!)

Kentucky +7 against Arkansas. This will be a close one they can possibly win. Kentucky's offense is for real.

:music_guitarred:

Wow, thats some points to give to a team thats rolling compared to a team who got the life sucked out of them last week.

Good Luck!!

:music_guitarred:

Wow, thats some points to give to a team thats rolling compared to a team who got the life sucked out of them last week.

Good Luck!!

Go back to the geek bored, ya loser :P

Also, pick up your damn phone on occasion :mad:

Go back to the geek bored, ya loser :mellow:

Also, pick up your damn phone on occasion :mad:

Howdy Sux!

I've been getting lots of complaints for not answering my phone lately, ill give you a buzz over the weekend. Oh, and if your gonna post in this thread...

IT MUST BE GAMBLING RELATED!!! :mad:

Now go blow a goat

Good luck!!

Howdy Sux!

I've been getting lots of complaints for not answering my phone lately, ill give you a buzz over the weekend. Oh, and if your gonna post in this thread...

IT MUST BE GAMBLING RELATED!!! :mellow:

Now go blow a goat

Good luck!!

OK...my bad

Sux's picks for the week:

1: Cal

2: Take the over on how many Chinese men rape Yer Mom at the local bathhouse this weekend. (the current over / under is at 6)

Miami -2.5

Nebraska -22.5 vindication game

Michigan +3 yes I am jumping back on the wagon

WV -24.5 won, lost a spot, hmmm, scoring more will fix that

Purdue -13.5 same as above post

Texas Tech -6 I know they haven't played anyone substantial, but i think they cover thru Iowa ST, play against OK st truthfully

I agree with Yer Mom about tonights game - weather wise, however I like Miami -2.5 if it stays clear. The over would be a given.

Miami -2.5

Nebraska -22.5 vindication game

Michigan +3 yes I am jumping back on the wagon

WV -24.5 won, lost a spot, hmmm, scoring more will fix that

Purdue -13.5 same as above post

Texas Tech -6 I know they haven't played anyone substantial, but i think they cover thru Iowa ST, play against OK st truthfully

I agree with Yer Mom about tonights game - weather wise, however I like Miami -2.5 if it stays clear. The over would be a given.

Where are Ditka, Philly and the likes? I am getting an itch and I need the horsemen's insight!! A lot of tough games to call IMO this week.

Where are Ditka, Philly and the likes? I am getting an itch and I need the horsemen's insight!! A lot of tough games to call IMO this week.

If you find this week tough, I would just take all the cash you were going to bet on multiple games and throw it all on Cinci at home giving 22 to Marshall. No need to mess around with tough games when there is one easy one on the board. Cinci should be favored by 35 at home in this game.

On a side note, ride Cinci ATS all year. Kelly was 10-2 ATS while coaching CMU last year. He's a proven winner that no one (or at least Vegas) knows about.

Good luck to all! :ninja:

Figures. Jumped on the over at 46 because Yer Mom saw 46.5 and the weather report said a 30% chance of percipitation. The weather report is about the same (with predicted scattered thundershowers), but the total dropped to 45 and will likely continue to drop.

Just hoping that this will be similar to the USC-Nebraska showdown last Sat. night (where the line dropped from 51 to 49.5 by gametime and it easily soared over the number). Otherwise, if the weather continues, I'm considering buying back my bet (at -130) and eating the juice.

Good luck to all! :ninja:

Figures. Jumped on the over at 46 because Yer Mom saw 46.5 and the weather report said a 30% chance of percipitation. The weather report is about the same (with predicted scattered thundershowers), but the total dropped to 45 and will likely continue to drop.

Just hoping that this will be similar to the USC-Nebraska showdown last Sat. night (where the total dropped from 51 to 49.5 by gametime and it easily soared over the number). Otherwise, if the weather continues, I'm considering buying back my bet (at -130) and eating the juice.

Just hoping that this will be similar to the USC-Nebraska showdown last Sat. night (where the total dropped from 51 to 49.5 by gametime and it easily soared over the number). Otherwise, if the weather continues, I'm considering buying back my bet (at -130) and eating the juice.

The world is on A&M and the under. I completely understand why everyone is viewing this as an under game but im looking between the lines at a well overdue Miami offense to spark up a bit and thats all we need is just a bit, why not at home on Thursday night prime time against a very average A&M D? Also, the total is down to 44 now. Clock stops on first downs, stays stopped on out of bounds plays (nothing new for college ball) but that adds plenty of time to the game to be able to reach that measly over. The peak of the thunderstorms from what im hearing should for the most part clear out by sometime in the late afternoon (typical day in Miami really) Miami has looked bad, A&M has played shiity teams, the bettors see this and say.....well, common sense says....

whatever

Im still pounding the over at 44

Good Luck!!

The world is on A&M and the under. I completely understand why everyone is viewing this as an under game but im looking between the lines at a well overdue Miami offense to spark up a bit and thats all we need is just a bit, why not at home on Thursday night prime time against a very average A&M D? Also, the total is down to 44 now. Clock stops on first downs, stays stopped on out of bounds plays (nothing new for college ball) but that adds plenty of time to the game to be able to reach that measly over. The peak of the thunderstorms from what im hearing should for the most part clear out by sometime in the late afternoon (typical day in Miami really) Miami has looked bad, A&M has played shiity teams, the bettors see this and say.....well, common sense says....

whatever

Im still pounding the over at 44

Good Luck!!

BetonUSA still at 46. Trying to figure out if it's worth the money I'll lose by taking the under at -130 and then waiting for the number to drop to 44.

But I doubt you're taking this bet thinking it will land on exactly 45 or 46 points (much like USC-Neb) so I may just stand pat. Speaking of which, do you have a projection for what you expected the total to be ? I remember you saying you thought the USC-Neb total was going to open around 60.

Guest _my_2_cents_
BetonUSA still at 46. Trying to figure out if it's worth the money I'll lose by taking the under at -130 and then waiting for the number to drop to 44.

But I doubt you're taking this bet thinking it will land on exactly 45 or 46 points (much like USC-Neb) so I may just stand pat. Speaking of which, do you have a projection for what you expected the total to be ? I remember you saying you thought the USC-Neb total was going to open around 60.

I'm putting $50 units on the florida gators this week - they're rolling and look to carry the momentum.

The Cinci Bearcats look like a great play this week as well.

Oregon State at Arizona State - bet the over.

Off the wall play of the week: Take South Carolina AT LSU. Bet the under and hope the gamecocks can score enough to stay close. :doublethumbsup: