Sign in to follow this  
Ras66not99

Just traded for Jamal Lewis....

OK so he's nursing a "mysterious" foot injury that no one can get a correct read on... so he pitter patters tentatively through the holes when he is unsure (which is most of the time)... so he may be on the downside of his career.... BUT...

A - He did only sign a one year contract with us and guys that do that tend to wake up towards the end of the year seeing they need to "eat", and or my favorite "feed my children" so he is a UFA playing for a contract .....

B - This guy is pretty much at rock bottom right, now... his monster rushing day is forgotten about earlier in the year..... he's banged up at the moment, and you can easily get him on the cheap at the moment.... (I traded Sammy Morris for him) a classic sell high trade..

C - The Browns already traded their first round pick for next year to Dallas, so we will play our guts out the entire way and there is no younger RB on the team that will possibly steal carries, or that the team wants to get a look at down the stretch so Jamal will be in there if healthy down the stretch...

D - My last point is "down the stretch"...... where the Browns play the Jets (week 14), Bills (week 15), Bengals (week 16) & the Dolphins (week 17) during the EVER SO IMPORTANT.... Fantasy Playoffs.... Thats 4 of the worst 5 teams in the league against the run, and we all know what Jamal does against teams that are pitiful against the run....

So do yourself a favor and take a flier on this guy while you can probably get him for a bag of potato chips right now... I layed it out for ya in simple arithmetic....

Free Agent at seasons end + no 1st round pick next year + no young RB looking to impress in Cleveland behind him+ you can get him cheap + horrendous run defenses at the perfect time = a great # 2 RB if and when you get your team into the playoffs... GOOOD LUCK ALL...

I opened this thread thinking 'crack kills' and after pondering it for several minutes, I've decided to join you Jim Jones and drink the kool-aid. Make mine a double. Those are good closing matchups for him but you have to have some huge focking stones to say 'yes, I'm laying the life of my FF season in the hands of...**gulp** Jamal Lewis.'

Think I can get him for DeShaun Foster?

No young RB they wanna look at? How about the one that's starting for him this week and who did pretty well last week vs. a good defense?

Guest _my_2_cents_
C - The Browns already traded their first round pick for next year to Dallas, so we will play our guts out the entire way and there is no younger RB on the team that will possibly steal carries, or that the team wants to get a look at down the stretch so Jamal will be in there if healthy down the stretch...

I am starting his backup this week - he went for 103 totoal yards when Jamal left the game and will probably run buck wild against MIA's 32nd ranked D. He looked like a legit backup RB to me. One they might want to take a look at. :doh:

The fact that they still haven't revealed the MRI results bodes really badly for Jamal Lewis right now, and while they're calling it a "strained foot", I think I read that it was the same leg he had all the operations and such on.

I would have waited until the MRI results came back I think. Good luck dude.

but you have to have some huge focking stones to say 'yes, I'm laying the life of my FF season in the hands of...**gulp** Jamal Lewis.'

who the hell is laying the life of their fantasy football season here ??? I traded a guy I drafted in the 7th round of my 40 man IDP dynasty league rookie/free agent draft of 10 rounds to acquire Jamal who IF healthy has some great matchups and would make a great #2 if needed in a buy low situation at the moment .... when all is said and done I probably won't even have the "stones" to start him over McGahee, AD, or K.Jones who are on my roster as well....

Just thought for a team doing well who may have ran into a few injuries in recent weeks at RB that is getting in gear for the fantasy playoffs (never too early for that) to see if they could acquire this cat on the cheap is all....

No young RB they wanna look at? How about the one that's starting for him this week and who did pretty well last week vs. a good defense?

oh yeah Jason Wright is the future of our backfield.... we'll be sure to look long and hard at him down the stretch :music_guitarred:

oh yeah Jason Wright is the future of our backfield.... we'll be sure to look long and hard at him down the stretch :cheers:

What about Jerome Harrison?

Well, J Harrison ONLY came into play when J Lew was hurt and they had Wright starting. NOT gonna happen when Jamal gets back....in Jamal they trust. And i am a Cleveland homer, watched ever snap this year so far. Jamal has only a ONE year contract.....he has a lot at stake to perform and will do so. One of those rare Rb's with no RBBC situation and a fantastic/drooling schd week 12 thru 15

What about Jerome Harrison?

what about him ? He doesn't have the skill set to be an every down runner at the NFL level.... he's a solid change of pace back/special teams guy... nothing more...

what about him ? He doesn't have the skill set to be an every down runner at the NFL level.... he's a solid change of pace back/special teams guy... nothing more...

He looked good last game and was drafted to be an every down back. Not hat he has any fantasy value, but I'd think he could garber some playing time when the Borwns fall out of the race.

Also Jamal Lewis is the suck.

I swear to GAWD you guys are like those spam emails that worm their way into my work inbox. "This stock is about to get hot, buy it now before the rush happens". Whateva. I think you're a bunch of Jamal owners trying to drum up artificial trade interest in your boy. In the last 1/2 hour there have been about 5 new "buy Jamal Lewis NOW" style threads.

I swear to GAWD you guys are like those spam emails that worm their way into my work inbox. "This stock is about to get hot, buy it now before the rush happens". Whateva. I think you're a bunch of Jamal owners trying to drum up artificial trade interest in your boy. In the last 1/2 hour there have been about 5 new "buy Jamal Lewis NOW" style threads.

You can think what ya like.... this is the United States the last time I looked... FREEDOM :cheers:

P.S. - I wrote this thread 2 weeks ago

only ONE word comes to mind with respect to you. CLUELESS....please post your record and your lineup so we can confirm this. I drafted him as my no2 rb, so already has some idea where i would be with respect to him.

He looked good last game and was drafted to be an every down back. Not hat he has any fantasy value, but I'd think he could garber some playing time when the Borwns fall out of the race.

Also Jamal Lewis is the suck.

the browns are going to be in the playoff race all year :dunno:

J lewis i agree, is a good buy low candidate.

Not many RB's out there with no RBBC.....Jamal is one of them...so that alone is worth a roster spot PERIOD.

Not many RB's out there with no RBBC.....Jamal is one of them...so that alone is worth a roster spot PERIOD.

IF he ever plays...he had about 3 weeks to heal up from a "minor" foot sprain and may even sit out this week...i think theres more to this than they are letting on

IF he ever plays...he had about 3 weeks to heal up from a "minor" foot sprain and may even sit out this week...i think theres more to this than they are letting on

Joe, very correct...what i really worried about is the fact that they NEVER released the MRI report, so this is a MAJOR concern. But then again, why would he be practicing at all? will find out soon i guess :doublethumbsup:

As a fellow Jamal owner, I assure you, this isn't a good time to buy low. I know about his awesome playoff schedule, know that he has been resting, and know when he starts, he doesn't play for RBBC. I would assume most owners know the same.

He is my 3rd back behind Gore and FWP, and it feels good knowing that if one of my starters goes down during the playoffs, I have a great backup plan.

His value is higher than a lot of others think/want...

As a fellow Jamal owner, I assure you, this isn't a good time to buy low. I know about his awesome playoff schedule, know that he has been resting, and know when he starts, he doesn't play for RBBC. I would assume most owners know the same.

He is my 3rd back behind Gore and FWP, and it feels good knowing that if one of my starters goes down during the playoffs, I have a great backup plan.

His value is higher than a lot of others think/want...

Soo happy he is resting/healing all this time....gonna need him later. My other backs are Jordan, Addai, S Young(might turn out to be a stud). So i am no hurry for him to return(5-2 record does help, lol)

Nope, I agree with most of it. I have paid special attn to the playoff schedule. I have been offered Santonio Holmes for Jamal and will not take it. I like Jamal too much at the end of the year. Good post!

I was on the JLew train last year and found out those tracks go over a cliff.

Nice try on the sell job, but you're just polishing a turd.

I promise you this, if you're relying on JLew, you have no chance of winning your league.

Anyone considering trading for this guy, turn back while you still can. He has lost not one but two steps. He has one direction- straight into a pile and cloud of dust for 2 yards. The worst feeling is watching him play when he's starting on your fantasy team. Please believe me.

only ONE word comes to mind with respect to you. CLUELESS....please post your record and your lineup so we can confirm this. I drafted him as my no2 rb, so already has some idea where i would be with respect to him.

Ask and ye shall receive:

QB: J Kitna, J Cutler

RB: E James, M Lynch, J Addai, D Williams, S Young, M Pittman (IR)

WR: R Williams, S Smith, W Welker, D Driver, L Evans,

TE: K Brady, A Gates

K: J Reed

DST: D Chargers

FWIW, Lynch, Evans, Kyle Brady (bye week sub for Gates), Selvin Young, M Pittman, Cutler and the Chargers D have all come either via trade or WW. I originally drafted Lamont Jordan and Kevin Curtis who I traded w/ Rhodes (WW) for Lynch/Evans. I drafted Schaub but ditched him for Cutler. I'm 5-2 and the highest scoring team in the league. Honestly, Jamal might be on my roster as a #4RB, providing that DeAngelo, Selvin or possibly Pittman don't work out.

1.03 Addai, 2.08 Steve Smith, 3.03 Edge James, 4.08 Roy Williams, 5.03 Antonio Gates, 6.08 Lamont Jordan, 7.03 Donald Driver, 8.08 Brandon Jackson, 9.03 John Kitna, 10.08 Kevin Curtis. I missed thus far on Brandon Jackson out of those...so tell me Mr. Draft Analyzer, how "CLUELESS" am I?

Nice try on the sell job, but you're just polishing a turd.

I promise you this, if you're relying on JLew, you have no chance of winning your league.

Anyone considering trading for this guy, turn back while you still can. He has lost not one but two steps. He has one direction- straight into a pile and cloud of dust for 2 yards. The worst feeling is watching him play when he's starting on your fantasy team. Please believe me.

I couldn't agree more here. I traded for Lewis 3 seasons ago (when ever it was he had the ankle inj that required surgery then rehab in prison!) for the same reason and he basically ruined my playoff run. He's had 1 good game and despite what other people say, he is in an RBBC, cause the guy can't catch and comes off the field on 3rd downs, and no obviously appears to be losing time to his backup. If I can trade one/two of the other scrubs at the end of my roster for him, I'll do it, but I don't give a crap about his great schedule otherwise.

the browns are going to be in the playoff race all year :doublethumbsup:

J lewis i agree, is a good buy low candidate.

I disagree with that, despite a relatively easy schedule. Their defense is still really bad and their passing attack will slow down when the weather turns. The AFC is tough and with the Steelers and Baltimore in the division, the Browns would need to look at a WC (can they compete with Jax, Tenn, KC, Balt?) We'll see. Wouldn't mind seeing it, it would be nice to finally see them turn it around a little but I'd bet against it.

Jamal Lewis still looks like crap. Not sure how he pulled off the 200 yard game earlier (even against the Bengals), because he still looks like the slow plodding back that he has been the last few years. Wright and Harrison both look better for the Browns' offense.

Which makes it even more retarded a notion.

I'm looking retarded now eh ? :D

Hope some of you took my advice way back when, and bought this bad boy cheap... Jamal and that patty cake schedule is looking a very nice # 2 Rb down the stretch

The retard has left the building :nono:

Nice try on the sell job, but you're just polishing a turd. I promise you this, if you're relying on JLew, you have no chance of winning your league.

turds polish up nice in a Brown uniform baby :D

I'm looking retarded now eh ? :D

Hope some of you took my advice way back when, and bought this bad boy cheap... Jamal and that patty cake schedule is looking a very nice # 2 Rb down the stretch

The retard has left the building :unsure:

I have to admit the last two games that I've seen him play he looks alot more like the Lewis of a few years ago. He looked super quick against Baltimore (I couldn't beleive it was him).

I have to eat a little crow here. Jamal you are no longer the suck. :nono:

I opened up this thread to tell you that everyone already knows what you just found out.

I'm looking retarded now eh ? :music_guitarred:

The retard has left the building :nono:

After you posted this back in the day, I traded for him in one league and picked him off the WW after someone cut him :banana: in another.

:ninja:

someone offered me brees and seattle this week for jamal...and i said NO!!

I have been riding Warner's ridiculously easy schedule (saw this coming for a few weeks now) and I'm riding the easy matchups for jamal too. My other running backs are banged up right now anyway, so i really need jamal. These two guys are 2 of the worst guys on my team, but their matchups are going to win me money.

someone offered me brees and seattle this week for jamal...and i said NO!!

I have been riding Warner's ridiculously easy schedule (saw this coming for a few weeks now) and I'm riding the easy matchups for jamal too. My other running backs are banged up right now anyway, so i really need jamal. These two guys are 2 of the worst guys on my team, but their matchups are going to win me money.

yep... matchups rock late in the season....

I mean hell....Ron Dayne led me to my fantasy championship last year....

THE DAYNE TRAIN ! :thumbsup: