Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Countrywide "warns" raters to back off

Countrywide Financial, the mortgage lender, said Monday that its ability to raise money and increase deposits in its banking subsidiary could be hampered if its credit ratings were reduced below investment grade.

Rink

Here is the deal, The company is reporting about 1/5 of its actual junk. It has skillfully hidden the rest in level 3 and SIV stuff. The hope being that they can write down this junk over time, and not take a huge immediate hit that would kill the stock, and perhaps the status of the board and the CEO with it.

The CEO started dumping stock over the summer in preparation for the coming depression in stock value that would occur over the next year or two as the company slowly reported losses on this stuff.

The problem being that there is a very real potential for their reported junk to now be further devalued, which will then force them to bring out the rest of it.....and that would be a major problem for the company.

If you dumped the stock over the last two months, like I told you to, you are about to be rewarded. I predict that by February we see the Countrywide stock price take a considerable hit. If their junk get rated down again, they will finally face the bankruptcy they are struggling to avoid, then it will be a bonanza.

The great thing is that they WILL weather this, and will come out later and the stock price will rebound. Those who bought when the stock was massively depressed are going to be very, very happy... :doublethumbsup:

Youre the only dude with a one track mind that doesnt involve the secks :doublethumbsup:

Thanks for the tips though

Youre the only dude with a one track mind that doesnt involve the secks :doublethumbsup:

Thanks for the tips though

I have been married for 14 years and have three small children, what is this secks thing you speak of :dunno:

I have been married for 14 years and have three small children, what is this secks thing you speak of :dunno:

It's when you sell your house at an inflated price just before the market tumbles and fock some dude big time :doublethumbsup: :dunno: :banana:

It's when you sell your house at an inflated price just before the market tumbles and fock some dude big time

:dunno: :banana: :doublethumbsup: :dunno:

Rink

Here is the deal, The company is reporting about 1/5 of its actual junk. It has skillfully hidden the rest in level 3 and SIV stuff. The hope being that they can write down this junk over time, and not take a huge immediate hit that would kill the stock, and perhaps the status of the board and the CEO with it.

The CEO started dumping stock over the summer in preparation for the coming depression in stock value that would occur over the next year or two as the company slowly reported losses on this stuff.

The problem being that there is a very real potential for their reported junk to now be further devalued, which will then force them to bring out the rest of it.....and that would be a major problem for the company.

If you dumped the stock over the last two months, like I told you to, you are about to be rewarded. I predict that by February we see the Countrywide stock price take a considerable hit. If their junk get rated down again, they will finally face the bankruptcy they are struggling to avoid, then it will be a bonanza.

The great thing is that they WILL weather this, and will come out later and the stock price will rebound. Those who bought when the stock was massively depressed are going to be very, very happy... :dunno:

Isn't this a perfect short-selling opportunity?

Isn't this a perfect short-selling opportunity?

I was thinking the same thing.

But if i'm wrong how am i gonna explain myself?

Um.. um.. you see.. there was this guy "an invester guy or a just a guy" .. just a guy .. he's on this anonymous message board.. "a financial message board?" .. no, a fantasy football message board, but it was in the geek club part.. but yea.. he's been talking about he market crashing for about a year now...

Then i get b1tch slapped.

Um.. um.. you see.. there was this guy "an invester guy or a just a guy" .. just a guy .. he's on this anonymous message board.. "a financial message board?" .. no, a fantasy football message board, but it was in the geek club part.. but yea.. he's been talking about he market crashing for about a year now...

:first:

Once Bush took office, I slowly started switching my 401 from US to Overseas. I knew he would start spending like crazy and increase the national debt to record levels. Simple economics, when you spend more than you have, your dollar weakens. I'm pretty much out of the US entirely and my 401 has performed quite well. Our stock market is inflated right now. The housing market and credit crisis are worse than people think and most are not taking it serious enough. We have a major adjustment coming within the next couple of years IMO. I'll continue to keep my 401 in Overseas - Industrialized nations with about 10% in developing nations until we get an administration in office that plans on reducing our national debt.

Once Bush took office, I slowly started switching my 401 from US to Overseas. I knew he would start spending like crazy and increase the national debt to record levels. Simple economics, when you spend more than you have, your dollar weakens. I'm pretty much out of the US entirely and my 401 has performed quite well. Our stock market is inflated right now. The housing market and credit crisis are worse than people think and most are not taking it serious enough. We have a major adjustment coming within the next couple of years IMO. I'll continue to keep my 401 in Overseas - Industrialized nations with about 10% in developing nations until we get an administration in office that plans on reducing our national debt.

Why do you hate america? :doublethumbsup:

:D :doh:

Of course, i would happily hold you afterward.... B)

People who listened to me last year and moved their investments into foreign currency should be rather pleased right now... :ninja:

I'll continue to keep my 401 in Overseas - Industrialized nations with about 10% in developing nations until we get an administration in office that plans on reducing our national debt.

Good luck with that.

Since we first went into the red not one administration has "reduced our national debt".

i doubt your sincerity with regard to your vision of the administration from it's early days, and simple economics has little to do with a weakened dollar. this appears to be financial advisor speak, which is poor advice at best and you're simply piling on this administration based upon saturday morning money talk shows. your 401k is barely more than a glorified savings account, which likely has nowhere near the true value you think it has, and investing your money overseas only continues to make this economy worse. next let's hear the warren buffet and obama advice while leaving out how buffet has taken many american household brand names and moved the companies overseas to make more money. how about you philanthropist types create some jobs in america and actually help someone instead of just patting yourselves on the back for taking your money and running.

WTF Kreskin? Why did you do it slowly?

You afraid if you did it all at once you would throw the U.S. economy in a tailspin? :unsure: :mad: :rolleyes:

i doubt your sincerity with regard to your vision of the administration from it's early days, and simple economics has little to do with a weakened dollar. this appears to be financial advisor speak, which is poor advice at best and you're simply piling on this administration based upon saturday morning money talk shows. your 401k is barely more than a glorified savings account, which likely has nowhere near the true value you think it has, and investing your money overseas only continues to make this economy worse. next let's hear the warren buffet and obama advice while leaving out how buffet has taken many american household brand names and moved the companies overseas to make more money. how about you philanthropist types create some jobs in america and actually help someone instead of just patting yourselves on the back for taking your money and running.

Doubt it all you want. I could care less. When you spend more than you have, your money has less value. If you can't understand that, I can't help you. I do not have a financial advisor. I do listen to Saturday morning talk shows or Warren Buffet or Obama. The value of my 401 is the amount I have in it. Nothing less, nothing more.

I love the "take your money and run comment." That is just plain stupid and I guarantee you that you have money tied up overseas. Everyone who invests does.

You're entire argument is based upon you putting words in my mouth. Way to go. You the man. How about listening to other people instead of stereotyping everyone and being an ######?

WTF Kreskin? Why did you do it slowly?

You afraid if you did it all at once you would throw the U.S. economy in a tailspin? :thumbsdown: :overhead: :pointstosky:

Maybe one of the reasons was that the administration did not spend all the money at once? I Is that ok with you?

Good luck with that.

Since we first went into the red not one administration has "reduced our national debt".

That's not true. Not one administration has wiped out the debt. It has been reduced more than once since we went into the red.

That's not true. Not one administration has wiped out the debt. It has been reduced more than once since we went into the red.

Awesome! I didn't know that.

Can you show us exactly what years our National debt went down since we started running a deficit?

You can always hedge your bet with a properly placed option... :rolleyes:

hey buddy you are clueless. Bush has authorized and spent more money than any other president EVER period. End of story you lose, the dollar is worth less because the Fed is printing more and more to cover the costs of the "war on terror". I am totally invested overseas and loved the 30%+ return i have received the last 6 months. Dont be mad at us because you invest in poor investments.....Buffett is an entrepruener - go ahead and google that and you will understand why he moved companys to make more money.....its a tip - capitalism dochebag.