Sign in to follow this  
Mooseknuckles FF

Sick of Pats Running It Up?

At least the Patsies were smart enough to take Brady out in the 4th this week.

If I were the head coach and Brady were still in there, I'd make a side agreement with one of my OLB on some illegal hit action.

Notice how Brady whined to the officials after he got tapped on the helmet when he slid in the first quarter? Someone give the guy a hankie...

The same people who want Belichecks head because he is a 'cheater' condones attempting to injure the Greatest QB of ALL Time.

Nice, sums up you hating bunch of degenerates nicely.

The same people who want Belichecks head because he is a 'cheater' condones attempting to injure the Greatest QB of ALL Time.

Nice, sums up you hating bunch of degenerates nicely.

How many great QBs have you actually seen play? I wouldn't crown him just yet.

How many great QBs have you actually seen play? I wouldn't crown him just yet.

Montana

Marino

Farve

Elway

Aikman

Scott Mitchell (1999)

Watched the end of Magic Majokowski before favre took over.

Brady is better than all of them.

Montana

Marino

Farve

Elway

Aikman

Scott Mitchell (1999)

Mitchell and Majokoski give me a break. You just blew your credibility if that is your list of great QBs you have seen. The fact you never saw Bradshaw, Jonny U, Broadway Joe, etc. does say allot so you better drop that "greatest of all time" line because you are not qualified to judge.

Mitchell and Majokoski give me a break. You just blew your credibility if that is your list of great QBs you have seen. The fact you never saw Bradshaw, Jonny U, Broadway Joe, etc. does say allot so you better drop that "greatest of all time" line because you are not qualified to judge.

I've been watching pro football since the late 60s/early 70s and I think he's the best ever. Is that better/OK with you?

The fact you never saw Bradshaw, Jonny U, Broadway Joe, etc. does say allot so you better drop that "greatest of all time" line because you are not qualified to judge.

Bradshaw and Namath!? :doh:

who's list is a joke now!?

this is the "throw out old time name" strategy and it's weak sauce.

I love how people just say that teams should just Blitz Brady. Brady destroys blitzing teams! His passer rating is way higher when teams blitz him. He is also tough. He has taken plenty of hits throughout the years. He has the uncanny ability to feel pressure and get rid of the ball at the last moment.

For those who say that cheap shotting brady is the only way to beat NE, I agree. Brady is the best ever. Totally unstoppable when he is playing. Greatest team in NFL history. I never recall ever hearing that the only way to beat a certain team was to injure its star player. That is the ultimate compliment to Brady.

Mitchell and Majow were jokes... Nice sarcasm detection.

Bradshaw was carried by his defense and the superior talent around him.

And the argument is stupid given different eras. but in the current era, Brady is by far the best, and I'd argue it is increasingly more difficult given the league size, parity with salary cap, and the specialization and strength/size differences of current athletes vs the past.

Namath

Games Comp Att % Yds Y/A TD INT Rush Yds TD

140 1886 3762 50.1 27663 7.4 173 220 71 140 7

Brady

106 2146 3402 63.1 24623 7.2 185 82 258 483 5

You don't want to see the post season #'s :banana:

And the argument is stupid given different eras. but in the current era, Brady is by far the best, and I'd argue it is increasingly more difficult given the league size, parity with salary cap, and the specialization and strength/size differences of current athletes vs the past.

I agree with this but I think P. Manning is the best QB playing right now.

Namath

Games Comp Att % Yds Y/A TD INT Rush Yds TD

140 1886 3762 50.1 27663 7.4 173 220 71 140 7

Brady

106 2146 3402 63.1 24623 7.2 185 82 258 483 5

You don't want to see the post season #'s :banana:

You didn't say winningest you said greatest. You may not know it but Archie Manning, Steve Bartkowski and Burt Jones were also great QBs. They just happen to play on bad teams.

And I can say the same thing about Brady. I am not saying Brady is not a great QB, it is the "greatest of all time" comment I have a problem with.

I agree with this but I think P. Manning is the best QB playing right now.

Can't really fault the opinion given the Brady argument invovles some extrapolation

i.e. Brady has never had real WR weapons, so now that he does, this is the status quo for Brady.

most Pats fans can even realize how historic and ridiculous his stats are. 75% completion rate is just absurd.

I can't guarantee if you ran this season over and over again, that Bradys stats would be consistently that good.

What we DO know about Manning is that his production is tied to his stellar WR play. Not a fault, most great QBs had great WRs, and it is somewhat a self fulfilling prophesy.

Manning has had a pass first offense and unreal skill position players his entire career. He had a better oppotunity to post better numbers than everyone else.

Yet Brady has caught up to him without the skill position players up to this season.

Given all these facts, i believe Brady would outperform Peyton if everything else were equal.

Can't really fault the opinion given the Brady argument invovles some extrapolation

i.e. Brady has never had real WR weapons, so now that he does, this is the status quo for Brady.

most Pats fans can even realize how historic and ridiculous his stats are. 75% completion rate is just absurd.

I can't guarantee if you ran this season over and over again, that Bradys stats would be consistently that good.

What we DO know about Manning is that his production is tied to his stellar WR play. Not a fault, most great QBs had great WRs, and it is somewhat a self fulfilling prophesy.

Manning has had a pass first offense and unreal skill position players his entire career. He had a better oppotunity to post better numbers than everyone else.

Yet Brady has caught up to him without the skill position players up to this season.

Given all these facts, i believe Brady would outperform Peyton if everything else were equal.

Good arguement, I can't disagree.

Good arguement, I can't disagree.

I don't realy think we need a who's the best argument.......just the fact that we get to watch these two guys year in/year out is what it's all about. Good times :thumbsup:

Brady and Manning still have a lot of football left in their careers.

both have already earned the right to be discussed amongst the greatest of all time.

Joe Montana didn't reach the 30TD, 3000+ yard plateau until his 9th season and his statistically best season was in 1989, his 11th year when he shattered single season QB Rating with a whopping 112.4 rating.

What continues to separate Monatana is the SuperBowls and the dominance he displayed in them.

Both Brady and Manning will surpass him purely on stats.

Brady is the only one with a chance to even approach his SuperBowl success.

And I can say the same thing about Brady. I am not saying Brady is not a great QB, it is the "greatest of all time" comment I have a problem with.

Here is an article from a Buffalo Reporter: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/210160.html

Just cause you don't think he is the greatest don't think its crazy for someone else to think so.

Trying to determine "the best ever" is stupid. You can't base it on stats alone since all the eras are different in regards to how often they threw the ball, the kind of offense they played in, etc...

Also, you need to factor in the surrounding talent on the teams, as well as the thing that gets most often overlooked...which is the kind of offensive line that QB has/had.

Why can't people just be satisfied with "one of the all-time greats"? Is that too focking difficult for many of you?

Trying to determine "the best ever" is stupid. You can't base it on stats alone since all the eras are different in regards to how often they threw the ball, the kind of offense they played in, etc...

Also, you need to factor in the surrounding talent on the teams, as well as the thing that gets most often overlooked...which is the kind of offensive line that QB has/had.

Why can't people just be satisfied with "one of the all-time greats"? Is that too focking difficult for many of you?

Its so stupid to argue about who the best ever is. Just say that they were among the best. Then you can talk about more important things like the weather. :rolleyes:

Well, a wise man once said:

“I try to win every single time I take the field. Every time I try to win in backgammon. I try to win in cards. I try to win driving to the bubble, when we practice in the bubble.

If that's pressure, then that's kind of competition and being an athlete. If you don't want to be in that position, you might as well quit the game because if it's too much that you're winning and all of a sudden there's pressure this probably isn't the right sport for you.”

“I try to win every single time I take the field. Every time I try to win in backgammon. I try to win in cards. I try to win driving to the bubble, when we practice in the bubble.

If that's pressure, then that's kind of competition and being an athlete. If you don't want to be in that position, you might as well quit the game because if it's too much that you're winning and all of a sudden there's pressure this probably isn't the right sport for you.”

"This is a case of the Dish running away with the spoon"

John Madden "07"

Its so stupid to argue about who the best ever is. Just say that they were among the best. Then you can talk about more important things like the weather. :lol:

:lol:

Neat quote. How does it go with what I said?

Brady and Manning still have a lot of football left in their careers.

both have already earned the right to be discussed amongst the greatest of all time.

Joe Montana didn't reach the 30TD, 3000+ yard plateau until his 9th season and his statistically best season was in 1989, his 11th year when he shattered single season QB Rating with a whopping 112.4 rating.

What continues to separate Monatana is the SuperBowls and the dominance he displayed in them.

Both Brady and Manning will surpass him purely on stats.

Brady is the only one with a chance to even approach his SuperBowl success.

The same can be said about Starr and Aikman.

Montana

Marino

Farve

Elway

Aikman

Scott Mitchell (1999)

Uhmm, no. Brady is not even close to the best of all time. But that's for another thread. Brady still wouldnt have had a season with 30 TDs without Moss.

Neat quote. How does it go with what I said?

You were asking why people could not be satisfied with a person being "one of the greatest of all time" as opposed to being THE greatest of all time. As explained in the quote, there is a need to be the best at everything. To always win.

Patriots CB Randall Gay was a guest on ESPN Radio's "GameNight" program and was asked about criticism the team receives for running up the score.

You hear people saying 'the Patriots are running up the score, they don't have any sportsmanship, they're the team everybody loves to hate because they don't have any mercy.' When you hear that kind of talk from people, what is your reaction and what would you like to say to those people?

"Basically, you have to ignore those people because this is a job. We're out there, and what are we supposed to do? Like we scored on defense, when Ellis [Hobbs] caught the fumble, should he have taken a knee because we were up by so much? We're out there to do our job, just like they're out there to do their job. It kind of makes me mad when you hear somebody from the other team's defense going 'they shouldn't have done thatl; that's disrespect.' Do we think it's disrespect when they went and picked up their checks for letting a team score 50 points on them? That should be disrespect, that you went to your owner and said 'All right, pay me for that game I just played.' You can't look at it like that. You have to go out there and do your best. If somebody is blowing you out, you have to play harder. You have to stop them."

:) :pointstosky: :thumbsup:

You were asking why people could not be satisfied with a person being "one of the greatest of all time" as opposed to being THE greatest of all time. As explained in the quote, there is a need to be the best at everything. To always win.

And I agree with this. What I said was it is stupid to try to compare players from different eras. Heck, I think it's stupid to compare teams from different eras. Statistically speaking of course.

And I agree with this. What I said was it is stupid to try to compare players from different eras. Heck, I think it's stupid to compare teams from different eras. Statistically speaking of course.

It is impossible to come up with an answer that everyone agrees with. However, that is what makes for great debate. You hang out with your buddies at the bar and you talk about stupid stuff like this. You will never come up with an "answer", but who the heck cares?

It is impossible to come up with an answer that everyone agrees with. However, that is what makes for great debate. You hang out with your buddies at the bar and you talk about stupid stuff like this. You will never come up with an "answer", but who the heck cares?

Again, I agree. I just said "You can't base it on stats alone since all the eras are different in regards to how often they threw the ball, the kind of offense they played in, etc..." It may be fun to debate "who is the best ever", but when debating by using statistics from different eras, well, that's just plain dumb. Discuss the team around him, what that player did, could he run, could he break tackles well after the first hit, did he have a quick release, etc...

You know...intangibles. Also, I think it's stupid to debate if you've never seen a guy play with your own eyes. How can you possibly debate that and back your stance up?

I swear, people on message boards (this one in particular) like to argue about the dumbest things, even when there is no argument being made. :shocking:

Again, I agree. I just said "You can't base it on stats alone since all the eras are different in regards to how often they threw the ball, the kind of offense they played in, etc..." It may be fun to debate "who is the best ever", but when debating by using statistics from different eras, well, that's just plain dumb. Discuss the team around him, what that player did, could he run, could he break tackles well after the first hit, did he have a quick release, etc...

You know...intangibles. Also, I think it's stupid to debate if you've never seen a guy play with your own eyes. How can you possibly debate that and back your stance up?

I swear, people on message boards (this one in particular) like to argue about the dumbest things, even when there is no argument being made. :pointstosky:

That is the fun of it. There is always one guy who has no focking clue and he pulls a number out of his ass. Now that I have access to the web on my phone, I usually just show him his mistake and make him buy us a drink. :shocking:

Patriots CB Randall Gay was a guest on ESPN Radio's "GameNight" program and was asked about criticism the team receives for running up the score.

You hear people saying 'the Patriots are running up the score, they don't have any sportsmanship, they're the team everybody loves to hate because they don't have any mercy.' When you hear that kind of talk from people, what is your reaction and what would you like to say to those people?

"Basically, you have to ignore those people because this is a job. We're out there, and what are we supposed to do? Like we scored on defense, when Ellis [Hobbs] caught the fumble, should he have taken a knee because we were up by so much? We're out there to do our job, just like they're out there to do their job. It kind of makes me mad when you hear somebody from the other team's defense going 'they shouldn't have done thatl; that's disrespect.' Do we think it's disrespect when they went and picked up their checks for letting a team score 50 points on them? That should be disrespect, that you went to your owner and said 'All right, pay me for that game I just played.' You can't look at it like that. You have to go out there and do your best. If somebody is blowing you out, you have to play harder. You have to stop them."

:music_guitarred: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

So what is the tard suppose to say I'm shocked he thinks that way.

37 posts in. Talk to me when you get to 100 without being a jerk. I mean you really are starting out on this site as a big jerk in the Sho Nuff, Football Scooter, mode.

37 posts in. Talk to me when you get to 100 without being a jerk. I mean you really are starting out on this site as a big jerk in the Sho Nuff, Football Scooter, mode.

We are seeing allot of that lately. They will be gone in a few weeks and things can get back to normal.

If I was Buffalo last night and you are getting killed, and Belicheck still has Brady in the game why aren't you sending the kitchen sink. Eventually someone has to teach Pats some humility about what they are trying to do. In my opinion it is classless to be going for it on 4th down every time you get a chance and throwing it every play.

In my opinion, you're wrong.

That is NE's offense at work. They completely dominated time of possession in the second half and that is how you take time off the clock and put the game away.

Classy? Yes, very.

I almost agree with this. I wouldn't say go for a flagrant foul, but get some pressue ine there, even if it risks opening up the middle of the field . Whats the worst that can happen? They Score? They are going to do that anyways. Pop brady on his ass 2-3 times and see if he doesn't start making mistakes. And I said this in another thread, if any def coordinator knows how to key in on the opposing team's best weapon, it Jim Johnson.

I know the Eagles have been relatively craptastic in rushing the QB this Season, but I'll bet they are working on nothing but blitz packages this week to get in Brady's face from the first snap. Not saying they are going to win, but I'll bet they can keep it a lot closer than most think.

Brady's been popped in past seasons with some very average Offensive lines and if i'm not mistaken he's always been one of the most error free QBs in the game. Popping Brady (legal or otherwise is most likely only going to result in the Pats pounding your team even worse. If it is a good enough hit to injure Brady I'll bet the Pats can still beat most of the teams in this league. I remember at the begining of the 2001 season everyone thought the Pats could be a playoff team "provided Bledsoe doesn't get hurt" I'm not suggesting Cassel is Brady but he can probably start on a dozen teams right now.

As far as someone needing to teach the Pats some humility I have an idea. Tell your defense to stop a drive or two. Maybe make thier punter show up before half time. That is exactly the point Belicheck made on the radio the other day about going for it on fourth down, "I think kicking a chip shot field goal in that situation is just running up the score. Running a play down there gives the defense a chance to make a play and stop us".

If Chris McAlister and Samari Rolle are both playing next week, I would be interested to see what Rex Ryan dials up. But to me, the most intriguing game left on their schedule is Pittsburgh, as ###### LeBeau seems to be the only DC besides Belichick who actually can bring "unpredictable" blitzes. And I don't mean whether or not the heat is coming, but where the pressure is coming from. Is the Pats' OL doing a brilliant job? Yes. Can they stop 5-6 rushers consistently, well, we have yet to see. Besides, as Pittsburgh and NE have shown, blitzing isn't about bringing the kitchen sink every time, it's about sending as few players as possible but disgusing which ones are actually coming. Once again, Pittsburgh, NE and Baltimore (usually) are the best at this.

I will say this...perhaps the Pats are doing something good for the NFL this season. Perhaps we can kick this "conservative crap" out of the game for a while. Defense, like offense, is meant to be played smart, but aggressively. Are you playing bad defense if you get burned for three long scores, but force 4-5 turnovers that lead to 4-5 scores? There are way too many DC's concerned about holding teams to X amount of points rather than forcing the action.

Don't get me wrong, if you can get pressure with four, like the Colts did, send four. But you have to get pressure!!

Playing against teams like Buffalo, there isn't much of a reason to send a ton of pressure. Against Dallas and NE, you can't play scared or else you will get trounced. If they beat you on jump ball plays, so be it. But if you continue to make a QB react to the defense instead of other way around, sooner or later they will crack or get cracked.

Guest ramrock11

The only thing I would like to say is anyone seeing these wr's getting hit a the line of scrimmage or are they always getting a free release?

From what I have seen, Moss (and TO for that matter) are rarely even touched. (One of my biggest football pet peeves) Sure, he has the speed to burn the CB if he doesn't get a good jam, but I don't even see teams try to redirect him...it's sad.

We are seeing allot of that lately. They will be gone in a few weeks and things can get back to normal.

In a few weeks, FF will be over, and it's the "offseason". You need to get your posts/day to zero, and go get a life.

Seriously, I'm speaking as a human offering guidances.

The season is over, close the laptop and have more human interaction, there's nothing to see here.