Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Calling all Geeks: Looking for some parenting advice or suggestions...

Woke the child up extra early today so she could hang out with me a little in the morning. While still in bed explained to her that we can't have these tantrums as they are unacceptable and not going to change the current situation. I also gave her a morning "chore" to do each morning to help out daddy. She is in charge of starting up my car in the morning so I don't freeze on my way to work. She gets to start the car with my remote starter. This seemed to make her happy. Got a few more ideas as a result of this thread that I will be instituting in the next couple of days.

That still doesn't solve the problem you have with your wife's inability to effectively parent the child. Maybe you should have your wife scrape off the windshield or something.

That still doesn't solve the problem you have with your wife's inability to effectively parent the child. Maybe you should have your wife scrape off the windshield or something.

While I fully expect balls to be busted when a geek posts, please don't make judgements on my wife's parenting skills based off of one email written in a time of exasperation. She happens to be a wonderful mother, IMO. :shocking:

While I fully expect balls to be busted when a geek posts, please don't make judgements on my wife's parenting skills based off of one email written in a time of exasperation. She happens to be a wonderful mother, IMO. <_<

You brought it into question when you posted that email. :cry:

You brought it into question when you posted that email. <_<

No I didn't, dummy. <_< I was asking for suggestions and/or advice, not for some internet dooshbag stranger to cast judgment based on one short email. :cry:

No I didn't, dummy. :music_guitarred: I was asking for suggestions and/or advice, not for some internet dooshbag stranger to cast judgment based on one short email. :rolleyes:

Meph is suggesting, in his usual friendly way, that there may be some room for improvement there. It has been discussed in this thread. You can get defensive or you can seriously consider it. My guess is you'll do neither and post a :banana:

Meph is suggesting, in his usual friendly way, that there may be some room for improvement there. It has been discussed in this thread. You can get defensive or you can seriously consider it. My guess is you'll do neither and post a :unsure:

Of course there is room for improvement, jackass. :cry:

Of course there is room for improvement, jackass. :banana:

So Meph was right. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

So Meph was right. Thanks for the clarification. :banana:

Everybody has room for improvement. That is a given. Meph has one failed marriage and hooked up with a chick from the internet. A regular Dr. Phil we got here. :thumbsup:

Everybody has room for improvement. That is a given. Meph has one failed marriage and hooked up with a chick from the internet. A regular Dr. Phil we got here. :doublethumbsup:

I'm not holding up Meph as the shining example of relationships, we all know him commenting on relationships is like Mark Mangino calling somebody fat. But, that doesn't mean the person isn't fat. :dunno:

I'm not holding up Meph as the shining example of relationships, we all know him commenting on relationships is like Mark Mangino calling somebody fat. But, that doesn't mean the person isn't fat. :dunno:

Stop trying to confuse me with your half-truths and gorilla dust. :doublethumbsup:

Stop trying to confuse me with your half-truths and gorilla dust. :dunno:

I'm saying hate the messenger, but heed the message. Hey, I think I just made that up, it's catchy! :doublethumbsup:

Everybody has room for improvement. That is a given. Meph has one failed marriage and hooked up with a chick from the internet. A regular Dr. Phil we got here. :doublethumbsup:

That's TWO failed marriages, focktard.

Also, I used that simply to segue into having your wife scrape the windshield, dumbass. For someone who makes fun of pretty much everyone and everything, I appear to have exposed a thin skin.

You two openly cheat on one another and you come here and brag about it. She's a total ###### slut (and so are you)... shining examples of parenthood!

That's TWO failed marriages, focktard.

Also, I used that simply to segue into having your wife scrape the windshield, dumbass. For someone who makes fun of pretty much everyone and everything, I appear to have exposed a thin skin.

You two openly cheat on one another and you come here and brag about it. She's a total ###### slut (and so are you)... shining examples of parenthood!

Yes, I am extremely upset by your piercing analysis. :doublethumbsup:

Also that stuff you bring up is like 5 years old and had nothing to do with children.

Two failed marriages. :dunno:

Yes, I am extremely upset by your piercing analysis. :dunno:

Also that stuff you bring up is like 5 years old and had nothing to do with children.

Is it possible that your wife misses your old swinging days? It sounds from that initial email that she is somewhat at her wit's end. :doublethumbsup:

Is it possible that your wife misses your old swinging days? It sounds from that initial email that she is somewhat at her wit's end. :dunno:

No, but a worthy question. She actually regrets going down that road very much.

I secretly wish we were still crusing down it

]

:doublethumbsup:

No, but a worthy question. She actually regrets going down that road very much.

I secretly wish we were still crusing down it

]

:thumbsup:

Maybe she senses that you still want it. :(

Maybe she senses that you still want it. :dunno:

This seems to be taking a unintended turn. I may have to delete another thread. :banana:

This seems to be taking a unintended turn. I may have to delete another thread. :banana:

Ignorance is bliss. :dunno:

jerryskids is like some "superhuman I can read minds knows all after one example kinda guy". :huh: Color me impressed. Will you do me next? I'm gonna post a 4 word sentence. Can you tell me if I made the right decision or not and also pass judgement if this makes me a bad person or not? TIA

I dislike peanut butter.

What do you think? :dunno:

jerryskids is like some "superhuman I can read minds knows all after one example kinda guy". :huh: Color me impressed. Will you do me next? I'm gonna post a 4 word sentence. Can you tell me if I made the right decision or not and also pass judgement if this makes me a bad person or not? TIA

I dislike peanut butter.

What do you think?

It is obvious that your wife saw your dog use his 7-inch tongue to lick the peanut butter out of a jar, and hasn't looked at you the same since.

Also, can you honestly say that I am not onto something that could help kutulu? When is the last time you saw him post anything but mindless drivel? :dunno:

It is obvious that your wife saw your dog use his 7-inch tongue to lick the peanut butter out of a jar, and hasn't looked at you the same since.

Also, can you honestly say that I am not onto something that could help kutulu? When is the last time you saw him post anything but mindless drivel? :dunno:

Hey remember when you asked me to remind you when you were being annoying? Well, guess what? :huh:

Hey remember when you asked me to remind you when you were being annoying? Well, guess what? :huh:

What? :dunno: Also I don't remember that.

the sanctuary has ruined JK.

I'm surprised this comment took so long. :rolleyes: I've always been like this. Your right, I'm just being an ass, I'm not onto something. Also kutulu is not a grown man, ergo he is incapable of walking away from this discussion which clearly isn't bothering him.

I'm surprised this comment took so long. :rolleyes: I've always been like this. Your right, I'm just being an ass, I'm not onto something. Also kutulu is not a grown man, ergo he is incapable of walking away from this discussion which clearly isn't bothering him.

maybe you've always been a judgmental ###### and i missed it. :unsure:

I'm surprised this comment took so long. :unsure: I've always been like this. Your right, I'm just being an ass, I'm not onto something. Also kutulu is not a grown man, ergo he is incapable of walking away from this discussion which clearly isn't bothering him.

I will be walking away from it in about 7 minutes. :rolleyes:

maybe you've always been a judgmental ###### and i missed it. :unsure:

Apparently. :rolleyes:

Lets talk more about this swinging. Did you guys pick up on the babysitter or was it a trip to the rest area to find a guy for you to sword fight with?

I will be walking away from it in about 7 minutes. :nono:

Say Hi to my daughter for me. :wave:

Lets talk more about this swinging. Did you guys pick up on the babysitter or was it a trip to the rest area to find a guy for you to sword fight with?

Went to a couple of clubs and fooled around with another couple a bunch of times. No babysitter or rest area action.

kutulu is banging your daughter? :)

That is just disgusting :dunno:

It's beautiful and it's real. :wave:

kutulu is banging your daughter? :shocking:

That is just disgusting :ninja:

Don't pretend to be this stoopid. It is unbecoming of you. :pointstosky:

Don't pretend to be this stoopid. It is unbecoming of you. :ninja:

Word, it's insulting to the rest of us. :pointstosky: