Sign in to follow this  
norseman

Chicago weather -- strong winds tomorrow

Careful if you're starting Favre or any Packer WRs. With 25-35 mph winds and gusts up to 50 mph, it could be a bad day for passing. Unless someone knows better than I how this might affect the passing game at Soldier Field...

Shouldn't make a big difference for those of you starting Kyle Orton, though. :lol:

Chicago weather forecast link

Sorry, should have also mentioned that it will be COLD as well. They're expecting a high of 25. Perhaps a few snow showers, but no accumulation to speak of.

I suppose if any team can play in that weather, it will be the Packers, but still...

im playin against favre so that is good.

what do u think of subbing in tony scheffler for donald lee as my TE?

Yep, going against Crosby, Jennings, and Edwards. Weather suppose to be windy in Cincci tomorrow too.

Dang does this mean we should sit Crosby? I hate to sit the #1 kicker in the superbowl!!!

Good question. I have Crosby going in the Superbowl and he's been money for me all year. Does anyone know how he's performed in windy situations this year, if it all? Is he worth starting over someone like Josh Brown?

Well since he's a rookie, and I can;t recall a really windy game this year I'm not sure we have anything to go on for his pro days... but he did break all kinds of College records in Colorado and I imagine it was quite windy from time to time there...

I expect the Pack to move the ball / start in very good feild position from a solid return game but potentially stall in the redzone (as they have had a habit of doing).. so I would think he could make short feild goals in the wind?? Color me confused...

I'm also worried cause I have Favre, Driver and Jennings going in various leagues:(

It could be a monsoon and I wouldn't consider starting Cutler over Favre. Favre got me to the finals, it's up to him to win it.

I agree, Crosby has been a beast all year, if you can call a kicker a beast, so I'll go with what got me here.

Careful if you're starting Favre or any Packer WRs. With 25-35 mph winds and gusts up to 50 mph, it could be a bad day for passing. Unless someone knows better than I how this might affect the passing game at Soldier Field...

Shouldn't make a big difference for those of you starting Kyle Orton, though. :wacko:

Chicago weather forecast link

maybe the wind will miraculously sail the ball to Berrian. Got to use Berrian. Its him or Northcutt.

I am going against Grant in my championship game... I'm much more worried about Chicago's soft run defense and the fact that Grant has been running so hard lately than the weather...

Favre through for a ridiculous amount of yards against Chicago in the first half of the first game.... I wouldn't want to be the dummy who benches him because it's windy in Chicago

Crosby has been worse at home then on the road where he's been near-perfect....But I would consider soldier field -- weather condition wise -- closer to a home game then an away game....

I think Crosby should have plenty of opportunities and is a great start

not a ton of snow expected....

but the wind gusts have been over 40 in chicago for the last 5 hours...as high as 68...

i wish the game was in gb :thumbsup: temp has dropped 23 degrees in an hour and a half...at least it melted the snow from before...

i hope mason proves me wrong but im not counting on much success from him....this is that kind of game where the fg kick heads towards the upright and hits the wall and makes the sharp 90 degree turn...

the front went through chicago 4 hours before it did here...so maybe by noon-1pm, itll calm down a bit in chicago?

What do you dudes think, bench Jennings for Curtis (@ N.O. in a dome)?

This is a tough one considering it's the superbowl.

TIA

TIA

No it isn't a tough one. Jennings is a monster this year. Why would you fock with that? Favre and his receivers have been great for his career in craptastic weather from time to time. If they slant them to death today, the wind will hardly be a factor.

No it isn't a tough one. Jennings is a monster this year. Why would you fock with that? Favre and his receivers have been great for his career in craptastic weather from time to time. If they slant them to death today, the wind will hardly be a factor.

Agreed. I could bench Jennings for Calvin Johnson in a dome but I'm not. Better to go down with what got you there than start a different guy, have Jennings fluke up another big TD and lose. Thus getting laughed at by the rest of the league.

It is pretty calm right now, but every once in a while we will get a wind gust that shakes my house, but right now at this instance there is very little wind.

TIA

I like Green Bay WR's despite the windy conditions just because they're so good after the catch. Both Jennings and Driver can make a 5-yard check-down into a 20-30 yard play. They're very good at the deep ball, but their bread-and-butter is YAC. Start'em :music_guitarred:

How sick is fantasy football that I'm rooting for Ryan Grant to have a one-game injury.... :music_guitarred:

I'm thinking of benching Jennings for A. Gonzalez (PPR league) :dunno:

Hear me out...

Look at the last few games (at least the last two). Jennings had a big TD on a missed assignement vs. STL. Jennings had a big TD vs OAK on a play where the corner fell. Without these, he would have had very low scoring weeks. Granted, he can make plays after the catch.

But, isn't A. Gonzo a safer play considering the heavy winds may take away the long ball in CHI?

It is pretty calm right now, but every once in a while we will get a wind gust that shakes my house, but right now at this instance there is very little wind.

Guys i was way WRONG. It is wipping hard right now, and it is freaking cold. The wind feels like paper cuts. Also the over/under dropped 8 points.....

well, i won last week because of the weather...my opponent had cleveland and pats players...now this week i'm not going to let the same happen to me.

benching favre for kitna

i think at worst they end up even, but i'm worried the karma of benching favre will bite me...still a dome QB against a continually slipping chiefs def sure looks good over a QB in a blizzard.

the tv footage they showed in chicago during the pre-game show of the giants/bills was nuts. the wind was crazy, they quoted favre as saying it was real bad.

the tv footage they showed in chicago during the pre-game show of the giants/bills was nuts. the wind was crazy, they quoted favre as saying it was real bad.

To be more specific, he said it was the worst conditions in his 17 years of playing.

To be more specific, he said it was the worst conditions in his 17 years of playing.

yah i heard that, i just figured there was no way that was true and favre was just being dramatic and saying, yeah, its real bad :thumbsup:

I last minute changed Jennings out for Curtis. I sure hope Curtis keeps that td. lol :pointstosky: