2008 Players Ranking

1) Tom Brady

2) LT

3) Adrian Peterson

4) Randy Moss

5) Steven Jackson

6) Joseph Addai

7) Larry Johnson

8) Marion Barber ( JJ is gone next year)

9) Peyton Manning

10) Brian Westbrook

1) Tom Brady

2) LT

3) Adrian Peterson

4) Randy Moss

5) Steven Jackson

6) Joseph Addai

7) Larry Johnson

9) Peyton Manning

10) Brian Westbrook

2 qb's in the top 19 :thumbsup:

LT

SJ

Addai

Peterson

Westy

Brady

Jamal Lewis

Randy Moss

Clinton Portis

Brandon Jacobs

Marion Barber

Ryan Grant

2 qb's in the top 19 :shocking:

LT

SJ

Addai

Peterson

Westy

Brady

Jamal Lewis

Randy Moss

Clinton Portis

Brandon Jacobs

Marion Barber

Ryan Grant

Dude how can you rank the highest point scorer in every league I've seen at #5? No way Clinton Portis and Brandon Jacobs are ranked ahead of Marion Barber next year. Jacobs scored 5 TD's all year! As far as 2 QB's in the top 19, name 9 other players that produces fantasy wise more than Peyton Manning.

Dude how can you rank the highest point scorer in every league I've seen at #5? No way Clinton Portis and Brandon Jacobs are ranked ahead of Marion Barber next year. Jacobs scored 5 TD's all year! As far as 2 QB's in the top 19, name 9 other players that produces fantasy wise more than Peyton Manning.

Doesn't really matter if Peyton produces more. It's the difference between Peyton and the next QB down compared to the difference in RBs that could have been selected.

Portis has been a top 5 RB this year. Hopefully, he slips to the 3rd/4th round next year too.

I would not even think about Brady until the end of the 1st round. I think his ceiling is 40 TDs next year with it being more likely he's around 30 TDs. He will probably go top 5 in most drafts, and teams that draft him will all miss the playoffs.

1) Tom Brady

2) LT

3) Adrian Peterson

4) Randy Moss

5) Steven Jackson

6) Joseph Addai

7) Larry Johnson

9) Peyton Manning

10) Brian Westbrook

i hope the ranking for adp is if hes the lone feature back, there is no way i would take a back who splits time 3rd overall, impossible..if chestor leaves, then there is a strong case, but watch out for that rookie wall, happened to alot of them

I think Brady is the ONLY QB worthy of being in the Top 10, and I won't take him as high as he is going to go. As someone else said, it's all relative to other players at his position. If you think Brady throws for 50 TD's again next year, then I'd agree he is the #1 pick. But remember, the year after Manning threw for 49 TD's, he came back and had 30 the next year. So many things change in the NFL that to assume Brady will be THIS good next year is a bit of a reach. Hell Moss might not even def be back. As of right now, IMO, in standard scoring league (this would be a lot different in my main league where its ppr and only HAVE to start one RB):

1. LT

2. SJax

3. Westbrook

4. Addai

5. ADP

6. Brady

7. LJ

8. MB3

9. Moss

10. TO

I personally think #2-5 are very interchangeable, with LT clearly #1 still in standard scoring leagues. I'm not as high on ADP as long as Taylor is still there. ADP will have monster games but still offer less consistency IMO.

Possible 2nd rounders: Jacobs, Lynch, Portis, Grant, Graham, Manning, Edwards, Wayne, Housh

2 qb's in the top 19 :banana:

many leagues score qb td's the same as rb td's (6 pts). in that situtation, qb's are even more valuable sometimes. romo makes the top 10 that way.

I wonder how much Darren McFadden will cut into Marion Barbers playing time? Also, how much will that effect Barber's ranking.

Because, yes....McFadden will be a Cowboy! No link...I just know.

Doesn't really matter if Peyton produces more. It's the difference between Peyton and the next QB down compared to the difference in RBs that could have been selected.

I completely DISAGREE with this statement.... VBD has some fallacies and illusions. The first of which is perpetuated by bunk magazines that list projections as being very linear with ranking #.

You take the guy most likely to produce the most.

one thing is for certain, the end of the season rankings and the beginning will never be close to the same.

Before any roster movement or the draft:
  1. LT2
  2. ADP
  3. Westy
  4. Addai
  5. Brady
  6. SJax
  7. MB III
  8. LJ
  9. Lynch
  10. Moss

I don't seee MB# being worth that if JJ is there again next year. Either include assumed roster movement or don't.

I wonder how much Darren McFadden will cut into Marion Barbers playing time? Also, how much will that effect Barber's ranking.

Because, yes....McFadden will be a Cowboy! No link...I just know.

That would be stupid - they already have a running game.

They should look into getting another CB to play next to Newman.

Or another stud WR - as Glenn and Owens are almost done, so Romo will have someone to pad his stats with.

Truth be told, Romo doesn't look so great with TO on the field. They need to make sure that they have that covered.

I completely DISAGREE with this statement.... VBD has some fallacies and illusions. The first of which is perpetuated by bunk magazines that list projections as being very linear with ranking #.

You take the guy most likely to produce the most.

dude... it's simple math.

It doesn't matter who scores the most points... it matters who scores more than the guy 10 spots down the line and by how much.

That is the Holy Grail of Fantasy rankings... I don't comprehend how one can 'disagree' with it.

1 LaDainian Tomlinson

2 Adrian Peterson

3 Joseph Addai

4 Steven Jackson

5 Tom Brady

6 Marion Barber III

7 Brian Westbrook

8 Randy Moss

9 Larry Johnson

10 Peyton Manning

I don't seee MB# being worth that if JJ is there again next year. Either include assumed roster movement or don't.

JJ is an Unrestricted Free Agent.

So he's assumed not to be there next year.

JJ is an Unrestricted Free Agent.

So he's assumed not to be there next year.

Agreed. Plus, MBIII was the #5 RB in my league this year even with JJ around.

Portis has been a top 5 RB this year. Hopefully, he slips to the 3rd/4th round next year too.

I would not even think about Brady until the end of the 1st round. I think his ceiling is 40 TDs next year with it being more likely he's around 30 TDs. He will probably go top 5 in most drafts, and teams that draft him will all miss the playoffs.

After the rash of injuries this year, how will "risk of injury" play into your 1st round selections. SJax, Addai, Westbrook, and LJ will be undraftable (in the top six at least) for me. I'll gladly take a Brady(Moss??) or Manning ahead of those guys. The way it looks right now, pick #'s 2-6 will bury people before they get started.

Ronnie Brown was leading FF all year on a bad team before he got hurt.Noone thinks he will duplicate that performance next year to be considered top 10?

If Brady throws 50 this year I have a feeling Peyton will be gunning for 51 next season to get his record back.

If he gets Marvin back 100% next year with the emergence of Dallas Clark and Anthony Gonzalez he might just be able to do it too!

When will you dopes learn you don't play a new season with the previous season's stats. You're an idiot if you think Tom Brady will have a season anywhere close to this one. They were obviously on a mission this year to get Brady his due. No way Belichick comes out with the same plan next year as this one. Regardless, even if he did, you can't have a career year every year. Brady will be overvalued next year and people will be regreting drafting him early in the first round. Don't get me wrong, if Moss is still there, Brady is still at the top of the QB ladder with Manning, making him a late first rounder in bigger leagues or a second round pick, but first five you'll regret. By the same token, Laurence Maroney will probably be one of the biggest steals next year...unless the Pats go ahead and do something like draft McFadden with SF's pick.

LT2 and AD Peterson are clearly 1 and 2. Addai, SJax, LJ, and Westbrook, in no particular order, would be the next tier and all should go before Brady. If Moss is back in NE, he's my #1 WR and I take him before a QB too, b/c while Brady won't be throwing 40 or 50 TDs again, Moss will get his and is a lock for double-digit TDs and 1K.

As of today, here is my league's top 10 scorers.

Brady, Tom 540.9

Romo, Tony 455.15

Manning, Peyton 389.95

Roethlisberger, Ben 386.14

Anderson, Derek 347.95

Hasselbeck, Matt 336.87

Favre, Brett 335.84

Tomlinson, LaDainian 335.6

Moss, Randy 316.3

Westbrook, Brian 311.5

When you can draft a rothlisberger type QB in the 5th round, why would you waste a 1st round pick on a QB?

6 of the top 10 are QB's, 4 of those got picked in the 3rd round or lower.

Ronnie Brown was leading FF all year on a bad team before he got hurt.Noone thinks he will duplicate that performance next year to be considered top 10?

I don't disagree, but like most, I'll want to see how the rehab is going. Also, what changes are in store. With Parcells on board, you're looking at a likely coaching change and perhaps a lot of player movement.

After the rash of injuries this year, how will "risk of injury" play into your 1st round selections. SJax, Addai, Westbrook, and LJ will be undraftable (in the top six at least) for me. I'll gladly take a Brady(Moss??) or Manning ahead of those guys. The way it looks right now, pick #'s 2-6 will bury people before they get started.

Exactly BufordT! If there were no such thing as injuries, it would not make sense to draft QBs early (even if their passing TDs were 6pts) because supply and demand logic would dictate that you stock up on RBs 1st. The problem is that more and more RBs are getting injured these days and you want some certainty with your top couple picks. I think we can all agree that QBs are less likely to get injured than RBs, hence the top QBs are more certain to hit their potential than RBs (from an injury standpoint). This in effect, bumps QBs slightly in their ADP (less injury risk). Some people don't acount for this, saying "you can't predict injuries." Next year, I will be accounting for it.

When will you dopes learn you don't play a new season with the previous season's stats. You're an idiot if you think Tom Brady will have a season anywhere close to this one.

The voice of reason right here.

I don't disagree, but like most, I'll want to see how the rehab is going. Also, what changes are in store. With Parcells on board, you're looking at a likely coaching change and perhaps a lot of player movement.

I read a couple days ago that his rehab is going extremely well, and he should be 100% at the start of training camp.

Not only are runningbacks getting injured at a ridiculous clip, more and more teams are going to RBBC or some form of it.

I dunno want to do. :pointstosky:

As of today, here is my league's top 10 scorers.

When you can draft a rothlisberger type QB in the 5th round, why would you waste a 1st round pick on a QB?

6 of the top 10 are QB's, 4 of those got picked in the 3rd round or lower.

Sure, if you wait to draft a QB and get a Roethlisberger late, you'll be a "genius". But alot of the "Roethlisberger-type" QBs picked in later rounds this year didn't pan out. Vince Young? Matt Leinart? Philip Rivers?

Waiting on QB as a general and absolute rule is risky at best. If you believe you can get the right guy for your team, then go ahead. But, for every Roethlisberger, there are two busts waiting in the later rounds behind door #2. Sometimes, taking door #1 isn't such a bad play after all...

There will be so many potential steals next year, that I'd much rather stockpile picks and take my chances in the middle rounds than take someone early simply because it's "where their ADP is" or whatever. Portis, Edge, etc bounced back somewhat and had solid years for a lot of owners, and while many guys fell off this year for good, I wouldnt be surprised to see some familiar faces near the top next year. I dont think its anything to the extent of what Moss did, but numerous top guys either got injured or underperformed this year and could see a re-emergence next season at a very good price. Steve Smith anyone?

But alot of the "Roethlisberger-type" QBs picked in later rounds this year didn't pan out. Vince Young? Matt Leinart? Philip Rivers?

But... what if you're not a complete moron so you can avoid those guys?

Hasselback and Kitna got me to the finals in both of my two leagues this season, and the title in one of those.

Taking a QB with your first overall pick is STUPID.

Besides some of the abslolute steals available on draft day... there are very good QB's available on the wire EVERY year.

But... what if you're not a complete moron so you can avoid those guys?

Hasselback and Kitna got me to the finals in both of my two leagues this season, and the title in one of those.

Taking a QB with your first overall pick is STUPID.

Besides some of the abslolute steals available on draft day... there are very good QB's available on the wire EVERY year.

The waiver wire argument is a different argument. I won't argue with that.

Why would taking Young, Rivers, or Leinart make you a moron? A lot of really good FF people projected good things from all of them...

The waiver wire argument is a different argument. I won't argue with that.

Why would taking Young, Rivers, or Leinart make you a moron? A lot of really good FF people projected good things from all of them...

Leinart got hurt... I don't think that's a legit argument for either of us to make a point... so I won't bother.

VY is a young QB with million dollar legs... a $100,000 arm... and a 10 cent head. If the saga of Mike Vick's career taught us anything... it's that QB's of his ilk DO NOT have long term success in the NFL. To me... Young was worth a flier as a mid to late round back-up with some upside.

Philip Rivers also proved himself to be streaky and volatile as a starter last season. He was playing against teams that we putting 9 guys in the box and daring Rivers to beat them... duh... of course he had some decent numbers. But watching him play... you could see him making LOTS of poor decisions that either by luck or the strength of his team... were not coming back to bite him. Factor in a new coach who's name is Norv Turner and you have a recipe for disaster with lots upside.

I'm not gonna try to look back with 20/20 vision and tell you I could have called the prognosis for these two guys... but they were RISKY picks... at best.

And at the same time... guys like with much less risk were still available. Hell... I think Favre and McNabb were still on the board when Young went in my redraft league... seriously... WTF?

I have been able to sit back and let the RB's and WR's roll in every year and have always done well with some cheap, mid-low round QB.

And the years they tank... well... I typically end up with a couple #1 Rb's or WR's riding my pine that some early Manning jumper is just DYING to have.