Sign in to follow this  
duece2626

Patriot Nation....

Much respect for Redtodd, Boston, Celticespride for maning up in defeat. Must be tough to come all this way and lose in the big one. Props to you guys for showing up!!

PS: I see there are quite a few so called Patriot fans that are MIA :lol:

Much respect for Redtodd, Boston, Celticespride for Manning up in defeat. Must be tough to come all this way and lose in the big one. Props to you guys for showing up!!

PS: I see there are quite a few so called Patriot fans that are MIA :lol:

Fixed your spelling.

Much respect for Redtodd, Boston, Celticespride for maning up in defeat. Must be tough to come all this way and lose in the big one. Props to you guys for showing up!!

PS: I see there are quite a few so called Patriot fans that are MIA :doublethumbsup:

Including BB. Props to the guys that did show their faces though, seriously. 18-1 isn't anything to be ashamed of as long as you really were a Pats fan (i.e. pimptdaddy)

It is what it is. It's the reverse of 2001 and I'm sure Giants fans are beyond elated. I'm very proud of what this team did this year as painful as this loss was. In an odd and unexpected way coming to this board tonight has made the loss a little more bearable. The fact that non-Giant fans are more happy about the Patriots losing than having their own team win is something any long term Patriot fan never thought possible. Losing A Super Bowl and an undefeated season obviously blows but the fact that these fans have so much emotion tied up in watching the Patriots lose is almost (not quite) putting a smile on my face. It's a somewhat amusing dynamic that only fans of a few franchises have probably ever experienced and it looks like the Pats have attained that status.

Still at the end of the day it's going to suck every year around this time when they start showing Super Bowl highlights and a great moment will involve your team losing. Yet, I'd much rather have been on this run than not.

It is what it is. It's the reverse of 2001 and I'm sure Giants fans are beyond elated. I'm very proud of what this team did this year as painful as this loss was. In an odd and unexpected way coming to this board tonight has made the loss a little more bearable. The fact that non-Giant fans are more happy about the Patriots losing than having their own team win is something any long term Patriot fan never thought possible. Losing A Super Bowl and an undefeated season obviously blows but the fact that these fans have so much emotion tied up in watching the Patriots lose is almost (not quite) putting a smile on my face. It's a somewhat amusing dynamic that only fans of a few franchises have probably ever experienced and it looks like the Pats have attained that status.

Still at the end of the day it's going to suck every year around this time when they start showing Super Bowl highlights and a great moment will involve your team losing. Yet, I'd much rather have been on this run than not.

:thumbsup:

Boston = best Patriots fan on the bored.

I think that you are underestimating the Patriots fanbase. They are loyal and they man up. We are here win-or-lose. The Giants played a better game tonight. The Pats played a poor game, particularly on offense. Tom Brady was not the stallion that he was made out to be during the season.

Losing A Super Bowl and an undefeated season obviously blows but the fact that these fans have so much emotion tied up in watching the Patriots lose is almost (not quite) putting a smile on my face. It's a somewhat amusing dynamic that only fans of a few franchises have probably ever experienced and it looks like the Pats have attained that status.

I wonder if all these fans you speak of would have been so happy to see the Patriots lose if they had not been a total classless act all season long? Maybe if when the Patriots were up by 30 points late in the 4th quater in several games this year, instead of running up the score even more, they brought in their 2nd stringers or just ran the clock down, these same fans wouldn't be so happy to see them lose. Maybe if they had not been caught cheating these same fans would not have been so happy to see them lose. Maybe if the head coach quaterback and many other players and coaches of the Patriots would have stayed on the field for the whole game these fans would not have been so happy to see them lose.

But since they are guilty of all the things mentioned above this Eagles fan is smiling for seeing his hated rival Giants beat the Patriots in this years Super Bowl.

What ever happened to the lovable Boston fans?

I wonder if all these fans you speak of would have been so happy to see the Patriots lose if they had not been a total classless act all season long? Maybe if when the Patriots were up by 30 points late in the 4th quater in several games this year, instead of running up the score even more, they brought in their 2nd stringers or just ran the clock down, these same fans wouldn't be so happy to see them lose. Maybe if they had not been caught cheating these same fans would not have been so happy to see them lose. Maybe if the head coach quaterback and many other players and coaches of the Patriots would have stayed on the field for the whole game these fans would not have been so happy to see them lose.

But since they are quilty of all the things mentioned above this Eagles fan is smiling right along side of you for see his hated rival Giants beat the Patriots in this years Super Bowl.

I wonder if you could not go fock yourself. :headbanger:

But since they are quilty of all the things mentioned above this Eagles fan is smiling right along side of you for see his hated rival Giants beat the Patriots in this years Super Bowl.

It could be worse. We could be stuck with the Eagles as our team every year.

I wonder if you could not go fock yourself. :headbanger:

Unfourantly my peemus is far to small to achive such a thing :banana:

Just do what I did this year. I watched the first half of the Broncos/Giants 1987 Superbowl. When I turned it off the Broncos were still winning.

Boston - That was a good post (even though I didn't keep all of it) You proved you are a true fan and that is admirable. Keep your head high. Your last sentence says it all. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved.

I think guys like Boston, Patsfatboy, Celticspride and redtodd should also get props for ignoring many of these ridiculous hate posts that have sprung up. I've never seen so many 0 reply nonsense threads in my life. :overhead:

The fact that non-Giant fans are more happy about the Patriots losing than having their own team win is something any long term Patriot fan never thought possible.

Yeah, everyone would rather watch the Patriots lose than have their team win. Why does Pats Fan always think the world revolves around the Pats?

The fact that non-Giant fans are more happy about the Patriots losing than having their own team win is something any long term Patriot fan never thought possible.
Yeah, everyone would rather watch the Patriots lose than have their team win. Why does Pats Fan always think the world revolves around the Pats?

What Boston's just said is one of the most insanely idiotic thing I've ever heard. It's comments like that that make even the most rational Patriots fans (such as Boston and fatboy) unbearable to those of us that are sick and tired of Patriots fans. Unlike Foghorn Leghorn, I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls.

The Patriots won a couple Super Bowls and then what really changed us was the Red Sox started winning and now we have no reason to be the "why us" crowd anymore. It's changed our attitudes, and much like Yankees fans, we feel our teams WILL win now, instead of being humble and just praying the bad bounce won't happen to us.

The Patriots won a couple Super Bowls and then what really changed us was the Red Sox started winning and now we have no reason to be the "why us" crowd anymore. It's changed our attitudes, and much like Yankees fans, we feel our teams WILL win now, instead of being humble and just praying the bad bounce won't happen to us.

my little, edjr is all grows up. so mature now and the best pats fan on the bored. :nono:

I'm not sure if it hasn't sunk in yet or what, but this loss hasn't been nearly as hard to take as last year's loss. Probably because they blew a 21-3 lead where-as yesterday the Patriots got completely outplayed on both sides of the ball. Losing sucks, but the hardest thing to accept is that the Patriots were so close to setting history and failed. They'll always be the team that had the greatest regular season ever and failed when it mattered most...We've always hung our hats on Belichick, Brady, etc being "clutch" and over the past couple years they haven't been very "clutch" at all....I'm not sure if all of the media circus regarding Spygate had an effect on my feelings for the team (while the season was going on it was as enjoyable a season as any team i've ever followed, but maybe subconsciously the latest round of Spygate accusations took some of the luster off of this team?...I mean, I'm still whole-heartedly supporting this team but if new evidence comes out that they were taping St. Louis' walk-thru and other crap like that it definitely makes you step back and wonder where you should draw the line)....Another thing that's tough to take is a team only gets so many chances to win super bowls and the New England Patriots came so close the last two seasons and came up empty.

and the window is closing....

8-8 in 08 for the pats......yikes..that will be a rude awakening...

You must not have seen what the Pats schedule looks like next year. They should go 16-0 again.

Giants out played my Pats.

Thats why they play the game.

Most true Pats fans are probably Red Sox fans and somewhat numb to disappointing defeats. Our Sox and Pats have given us plenty to cheer about in recent years and neither looks like it's going to stop anytime soon.

I was much more suicidal after the losses to the Bears and Packers.

Anyway it's the Giants Fan's day/year and I hope they enjoy it.

P.S. Eli to Tyree is probably the most amazing play I have ever seen.

and the window is closing....

If I remember correctly when Moss, Welker, and Stallworth were signed in free agency, I was in here predicted this was a one last push effort to win the superbowl before the window closed. As proof I talked about how old that defense is. If it were not for their easy schedule next season I would say we could see a sharp decline, esp if Moss and Samuels leave

You must not have seen what the Pats schedule looks like next year. They should go 16-0 again.

Looking forward to seeing your next loss in person.........

The Giants played a better game tonight. The Pats played a poor game, particularly on offense. Tom Brady was not the stallion that he was made out to be during the season.

They did? The Giants were turning the ball over left and right, and the Pats were not, and the Giants still kicked their @sses.

The Patriots slicked out some games this season when they were trailing with a few minutes left, and it's the only reason they ran the table in the regular season. The Patriots of 2007 should not be even spoken about as one of the best teams ever, because they couldn't close the deal against an NFC wild card team in the Giants. What a joke the 2007 Patriots were. :lol:

If I remember correctly when Moss, Welker, and Stallworth were signed in free agency, I was in here predicted this was a one last push effort to win the superbowl before the window closed. As proof I talked about how old that defense is. If it were not for their easy schedule next season I would say we could see a sharp decline, esp if Moss and Samuels leave

Assuming the Pats bring back Moss they will bring back pretty much their whole O as well as getting back both Sammie Morris and a very promising David Thomas. It's also an offense that is still relatively young as only Kyle Brady (36), Stephen Neal (31) and Kevin Faulk (31) are older than 30. On D the line is topnotch, young and signed long term but work definetly needs to be done in the back 8. That's the key to the offseason. What they do there will have a great impact on whether they are good or very good next year. With the #7 pick in the draft and two #3's they have some draft ammo and their cap situation is decent enough to make some moves. I really think saying you'll see a sharp decline or that their window is closing is wishful thinking. If anything the Pats have proved they can reload and until I see otherwise I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will remain among the NFL's elite teams.

not taking credit from you...

but you can see the pats on a similar road that the bears were on when they lost the sb..

wishful thinking..that was the bear fans response also....

then again, i forget about the unfair cheating advantages of your franchise..i see Boston's point..maybe they will top 8-8...we'll see..

If anything the Pats have proved they can reload and until I see otherwise I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will remain among the NFL's elite teams.

Just because the rest of the AFC sucks so badly. The AFC is way down in talent right now.

my little, edjr is all grown up. so mature now and the best pats fan on the bored. :lol:

Truth is the truth and a Patriots was loss was best for everyone.

Just because the rest of the AFC sucks so badly. The AFC is way down in talent right now.

AFC record 2007 - 128-128

NFC record 2007 - 128-128

AFC record 2006 - 136-120

NFC record 2006 - 120-136

AFC record 2005 - 130-126

NFC record 2005 - 126-130

AFC record 2004 - 140-116

NFC record 2004 - 116-140

Not sure I would say it sucked...but by comparison they are down a little bit from the previous 3 yrs. Nice to see parity at .500 from both divisions.

They did? The Giants were turning the ball over left and right, and the Pats were not, and the Giants still kicked their @sses.

The Giants had 1 turnover....same as New England...

Did you even watch the game?

Truth is the truth and a Patriots was loss was best for everyone.

I hear ya here..maybe we can put this whole spygate behind us finally. Going 19-0 would have made the cheating thing linger on a lot longer...Looking forward to next year. :headbanger:

The Giants had 1 turnover....same as New England...

Did you even watch the game?

I was not even going to respond to that one. It was an obvious troll.

PS: I see there are quite a few so called Patriot fans that are MIA :headbanger:

The Pats were flat out, out played and out coached.

What else can you say? Hopefully they can do it next year.

I just wonder where the team went? Where were the adjustments? Where were their usual screens and draws? Why no "no huddle offense" coming out in the 2nd half when it was obvious a rythm needed to be established? It was like a whole new offense out there? Regardless, the giants D was playing so good that may not have mattered. In the end, great regaular season etc. but meaningless without a ring.

The Pats were flat out, out played and out coached.

What else can you say? Hopefully they can do it next year.

I just wonder where the team went? Where were the adjustments? Where were their usual screens and draws? Why no "no huddle offense" coming out in the 2nd half when it was obvious a rythm needed to be established? It was like a whole new offense out there? Regardless, the giants D was playing so good that may not have mattered. In the end, great regaular season etc. but meaningless without a ring.

I totally agree. The o-line played awful, but it's the coaches job to make adjustments when things aren't working. McDaniels called a terrible game and it seemed like Belichick was more interested in coaching the defense and was barely watching his offense when they were on the field. Maybe he was overconfident in Brady and McDaniels ability to make adjustments themselves?...I don't know...But it was terrible game from Belichick right down to the last guys on the roster....You could count on 1 hand the Patriots that actually had a decent game (Welker, Faulk, Ray Ventrone, Kelley Washington and Adalius Thomas are a couple that come to mind....)

This question was asked in a poll at FBG yesterday and 30% of the voters said they were as happy or happier than if their own team had won. Sad and pathetic, but apparently there's some segment out there that feels that way. :banana:

Tom Brady was not the stallion that he was made out to be during the season.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. I can count maybe 2 throws that he screwed up. The rest of the game he spent making funeral arrangements. Yet this is at least the 4th time I've seen someone hint that it was Brady's fault.